Author Topic: ❪ MOTHERFUCKER DON'T PLAY WITH ME — O, SHOOTING ❫  (Read 142 times)

Offline 𝐆𝐀𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐋

• ‘ 童子 ’
    • View Profile
❪ MOTHERFUCKER DON'T PLAY WITH ME — O, SHOOTING ❫
« on: February 06, 2019, 04:53:00 PM »
He looked as if he hadn't slept in days.

That was a partly true statement. It had been hard to rest as of late. His mental state was perturbed, restless, and his attempts at sleep grew riddled with nightmares. Dark and shadowy hues nestled optical sockets, his lips dry and cracked, his medium-length hair unkept and brushed over one of his eyes. Frankly, it looked like he had been jacked up on drugs. He looked horrible, which was rare considering that he was the Badlands' resident soft, blue-eyed boy. But then again, death and tragedy spared no one in this life, not even the innocents like him. It just so happened that he had no idea how to handle it and that he was unhealthily purging his bottled emotions by encouraging insomniac tendencies, hardly eating, and keeping himself isolated from the others.

Now, he had finally decided to make a public appearance. Not that he was exactly going up and catching up with everybody, but at the very least, he was no longer shutting himself in his apartment. He had walked himself out to the edge of the town near the woods, because he felt that the "activity" he was going to engage in was not suited for the streets of downtown. There was a stack of crates, and on top of said crates was a single soda can. Gabriel stood a good few meters back from it, distancing himself from the target.

Then, he shoved a brass shell into the chamber.

He loaded it.

He lined up his shot.

Then, he pulled the trigger... to no avail. He pulled down again, and nothing happened. Gabriel pursed his lips and examined the firearm again, only to realize that the safety was still on. Duh. He switched it off. Oh, Gabe. So naive; the boy who couldn't hurt a fly, the boy who couldn't properly handle a weapon if he even wanted to, the—

BANG.

Gunsmoke streamed from the barrel of the weapon, and Gabriel was rendered totally frozen in place. His heart beat rapidly, his blue eyes gleaming with surprise, his muscles tensed. He had fired his first gun. He had fired his first gun without any assistance! What he wouldn't give to see his father's reaction to this moment. He was well on his way to becoming one of the most competent members of the Badlands yet, he knew that for a fact. He just needed more practice.

Gabe wasn't intent on using up all of his bullets on a practice shoot, so he had set his cap at three. He had just used one and had missed his target, so this time he was actually going to try and hit the soda can. The teenager opened up the shotgun's chamber and dug into his pocket to fish out another shell to load into the hole.
LIKE A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
——————————— I WILL LAY ME DOWN

Offline Iggy.

• Ignatius B.
    • He, Him, His
    • View Profile
Re: ❪ MOTHERFUCKER DON'T PLAY WITH ME — O, SHOOTING ❫
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 10:39:34 PM »
claire loves u!
<3
claire loves u!

❖ info.
Ignatius was nearing the forest, then as if to deny him the peaceful air a sound ripped the relative silence to pieces. The blast generated Iggy into a satte of hyper-awareness. Were they suddenly being attack, and if so why would the offenders be so stupid as to fire an early shot. There wasn't enough Bad Landers int he area for the firearm alerting the crew to be worth it. A silenced pistol maybe but not, was that a shotgun?

The fiery bastard with frantic copper crystal balls searched and examined the treeline and notice faintly a figure. The figure wasn't even facing the direction of the inner sanctum of the Bad Land's territory. Well this isn't peculiar at all, I shouldn't be investigating without back up but... The blonde ducked down a bit and creeped into the trees with careful steps so as to continue moving about quietly. He didn't feel like spooking the person with a gun in their possession. Iggy noticed that the figure seemed relatively familiar, perhaps he had seen him when he had been joining and still integrating in this dysfunctional society. As the scrawny boy started loading the gun Iggy took this as his chance to make his presence known before he had it loaded, "Uh, hey there... " Iggy hadn't really conjured up what else to say after that but, Yeah, hmm I don't know why I thought this was a good idea.
<3
I don't even want to watch it last‧₊˚

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 05:21:13 PM »
C
atalyst

Catalyst had been taking a walk through the woods when they heard the gunshot. To say that it made them actually jump would be entirely accurate. Their face immediately had an expression of disdain and distaste on it, and as much as they wanted to avoid the sound, gunshots in this place usually meant someone was hurt. The question was, was it one of their people or someone trespassing and causing problems?

Neither, as it turned out. Following the direction the sound seemed to come from, they found themself looking at Gabriel and Iggy. The disdainful look remained on their face, but now their brows furrowed even more. "What are you doing?"

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 02/08/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 02/07/39 ⇥ Reunited with Susie
⇥ 02/05/38 ⇥ Started their revenge on Jeremy
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Kissed Gavril
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Returned from Flintlock
⇥ 01/27/39 ⇥ Visited Flintlock Lodge
⇥ 01/21/39 ⇥ Reunited with their mother
⇥ 01/21/39 ⇥ Fought off Paige's attackers

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/PanromanticSingle ⇥ No crushes or maybe crushes
⇥ Not looking but not not looking ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

YOU GOT ME COMING BACK FOR MORE
I'VE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE

Offline 𝐆𝐀𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐋

• ‘ 童子 ’
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 04:18:46 PM »
The presence of another had nearly startled the boy. He had gotten so locked into the "zone" ( of shooting a gun, that is ) that he hadn't paid much attention to what was happening around him. He hadn't expected anyone else to be out here. Gabriel quickly whipped his head to the side, only to see that it was... Iggy? That was what his name was, right? He had probably drawn his attention by firing his shotgun; it only made sense.

Before he could think of a way to acknowledge him, the Boss themself had made their appearance. Gabriel gulped, noticing the scorn that adorned their features, yet he steadily managed, ❝ Shooting. ❞ He glanced down at his gun before looking back up at Cat. ❝ Is that a problem? ❞ There was no attitude in his voice, but rather genuine curiosity. He would stop if the Boss told him to stop, of course. He wasn't going to shoot another round if it was somehow... not okay to do so. Gabriel could not help but wonder if learning how to shoot would satisfy Catalyst, though. Wouldn't they want their thugs to know how to use such weapons?
LIKE A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
——————————— I WILL LAY ME DOWN

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 01:11:15 PM »
tw for mentions of guns, pistol whipping, death, and murder

hope was more than familiar with the weight of a gun in her hand. she'd learned how to shoot at hardly five years old with a pistol, and not long after, her father had taught her how to use a gun without using bullets. as she learned, pistol whipping someone could hurt like a bitch, sometimes more so than a bunch. she'd kept that pistol as a memory of her father after he all but abandoned her for her own good, but when roman had used the very weapon to execute her mother, hope hadn't wanted to see it ever again. after her father's passing, she'd claimed his favorite gun, a cold glock, the very one she'd killed roman with, and she had it to this day, tucked in the back of her pants.

she wasn't much of a fan of guns, but she knew how to shoot them, just as she wasn't a fan of fighting, but she knew how to. sometimes, you had to do things you didn't like to survive, and shooting was just one of those things.

as she emerged from where she'd been leaning against a tree a few yards back, hands stuffed in the pockets of her pants, lips pressed in a frown, she glanced at catalyst, then gabe, then the gun, then back to gabe. ❝the whole bad ass thing gets kind of screwed up when you get all tense after pulling the trigger.❞ she said, her only real contribution. after all, the first thing her father had taught her about shooting was to act confident with a gun. acting confident, like you knew what you were doing, like you weren't afraid to do it, that was half the job right there.

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 02:56:46 PM »
C
atalyst

Cat crossed their arms as they debated how to answer the question. Gabe likely wouldn't believe that nothing was wrong, as they hadn't tried to disguise their disdain whatsoever, even if he didn't press it. "I don't like guns." They stated simply. "But they've got their practical uses." As much as they hated to admit that, it was true. Getting up close and personal with brass knuckles or knifes or clubs wasn't always smart or safe, and sometimes it was necessary to kill quickly from afar.

They glanced over at Hope as she appeared, rolling their eyes at her comment. "Badass?" Maybe they were just biased, but they didn't think firearms were badass. Not at all. If you could aim before someone else took aim at you, pull the trigger before someone else did, you won. Give them a real fight, a real struggle, one that wasn't cut and dry. Give them bloody noses and bruised knuckles, things that spoke of survival through trials. That was badass.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 02/11/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 02/11/99 ⇥ Got drunk
⇥ 02/07/39 ⇥ Reunited with Susie
⇥ 02/05/38 ⇥ Started their revenge on Jeremy
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Kissed Gavril
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Returned from Flintlock
⇥ 01/27/39 ⇥ Visited Flintlock Lodge

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/PanromanticSingle ⇥ No crushes or maybe crushes
⇥ Not looking but not not looking ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission