Author Topic: One more won't hurt, really he won't ][ O, Joining  (Read 148 times)

Offline Vinny.

• She, her, hers
    • View Profile
One more won't hurt, really he won't ][ O, Joining
« on: February 06, 2019, 08:03:50 PM »
thes code
sunshine serial killer ㋡
Vincent "Vinny" Long -
16 yrs old, afflicted with FD/RDS, accompanied by 2 service/military dogs named Machine & Machete, he a blue pit puppy in his backpack named Stitch. innocent seeming, sunny, happy extrovert who unintentionally uses his appearance and lack of know how in things deadly to get close to his victims before he offs them. He is responsible for 6 deaths. He owns a white iPod that runs off a small solar panel which enables photo taking, recording, and of course the music downloaded on it to play.
aa
It truly is a wonder as to why a place like the Bad Lands would attract a teenager as happy go lucky as Vincent Long. The kid wasn't looking to be a hard hitting thug or a bad-loving citizen of the world, scorned by the rest of the generally moralistic population. This place was talked about but not talked about. It's existence and involvement only traveled on hushed whispers among remaining tolerated gangs and rogues. This only left the sixteen year old however with otherwise one ultimatum, he wanted in, and therefore had to join. He would join- they can't be that bad and frankly, Flintlock was out of the question. It was difficult enough just to gauge when the temperature would transition ill suit for Vinny, Flintlock would be much worst and just wasn't a safe choice. Hmm, safe choice, they'd all tell me I am crazy for coming here but, it doesn't seem any different to anywhere else I have been. Just bigger.

"Try to minimize the snapping and snarling please," playfully chided Vinny to his companions. Adorned in a blue hoodie and white shorts the kid continued his approach with a pretty decent sized duffel bag. This was in addition to his back back slung diagonally across his torso which toted around a defenseless mass of blue and bony flesh. A friend whom he had named Stitch. The pup was tucked inside the deep crevice of the pack as it moved about. Vincent's head bobbed mildly as his ears held little white gummy buds connected to an iPod, it actually playing music. As he got nearer he took one out and let it hang idly. Vincent would needed to be respectful to at least lend one ear to listening to the people who'd soon be confronting him. Trailing alongside him were two Dutch shepherds, one brindle (Machine) and the other decorated in patches (Machete). Both animals were there meant to protect and help Vinny with a particular condition he harbored but he otherwise found to be a buff most humans didn't have. Their handler having passed the canines onto him and having taught hims all the commands necessary to gain their loyalty and trust as he'd followed through practicing and bonding with them daily.

Vincent squatted down after believing he'd found a decent spot to unload the contents of his duffel bag. He didn't quite yet start digging round to begin revealing what was inside and merely slid the zipper to open the dark bag. It was of military cloth, perhaps navy or marine. Same with the pack on his back even despite him never serving in the force.He sighed almost wistfully, the air around him was nice and chill where others would find it nerve wracking to even think of laying their eyes on a Bad Lander. "I hope they'll like these gifts." The dogs save for Stitch chuffed apprehensively as if they knew this was a less than friendly assault, to them they were in charge of preserving the boy's life and did not yet know what danger the approaching held.
aa
aa
aa
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:45:20 PM by Vinny. »

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: One more won't hurt, really he won't ][ O, Joining
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 07:28:46 PM »
//tw for violence and gore

They were evil. They did evil things. Their streets were soaked in blood, and if you weren't willing you have yours mixed in with all the rest, you should stay far, far away from the place known as the Badlands. Those rumors and more were floating around, surely getting more graphic with each retelling. Were they true? Well, some of them were based on truth, there were monsters that prowled the city wearing the masks of humans, but being able to identify which ones would slit your throat and which ones would hold your hand was damn near impossible.

And they liked it that way. They liked the idea that their name might be the one that mothers told their children to get them to behave. "If you don't hush up, Catalyst will come take you to the Badlands." Was the Badlands really that terrible of a place to grow up? Well, there were worse places, places where kids would suffer at the hands of those that were supposed to protect them, but here they were safe-ish. Taught to defend themselves from the moment they showed that they were ready, and until they could do it themselves they were protected by the more experienced fighters. And if those were the stories you heard, the ones of the ruthless protectors, well, if you didn't mind their methods, why not try and get that?

Catalyst was equipped to deal with a great many things, though a dog attack likely wasn't one of them, especially if there were multiple dogs. They eyed the canines warily; they weren't very good with animals, and they typically avoided any interaction with them. Their piercing blue gaze moved to the teenager accompanying them and they frowned. "Gifts? 'Gifts' sounds free, and nothing's free." Especially not these days, though that's one thing this apocalyptic reality had in common with the past. You couldn't get anything for nothing.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 02/04/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Top Dog (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 01/27/39 ⇥ Visited Flintlock Lodge
⇥ 01/21/39 ⇥ Reunited with their mother
⇥ 01/21/39 ⇥ Fought off Paige's attackers

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/PanromanticSingle ⇥ No crushes or maybe crushes
⇥ Not looking but not not looking ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it
YOU GOT ME COMING BACK FOR MORE
I'VE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE

Offline Vinny.

• She, her, hers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 12:38:17 AM »
thes code
sunshine serial killer ㋡
Vincent "Vinny" Long -
16 yrs old, afflicted with FD/RDS, accompanied by 2 service/military dogs named Machine & Machete, he a blue pit puppy in his backpack named Stitch. innocent seeming, sunny, happy extrovert who unintentionally uses his appearance and lack of know how in things deadly to get close to his victims before he offs them. He is responsible for 6 deaths. He owns a white iPod that runs off a small solar panel which enables photo taking, recording, and of course the music downloaded on it to play.
aa
Vincent glances up for just a moment and squints as a collection of sun's rays made his eyes react to the light involuntarily. Soon those dark irises were allowed to relax as a tall figure in monochromatic attire presented himself over Vinny. Not something difficult to do since the boy was only of 5'6' height and kneeled down beside the duffel bag he was finished unzipping. The tall towering individual didn't particularly inspire any intimidation in Vincent, only that he found the text on his clothes amusing. "Live like you are dying, because you are" in white lettering against a black background. Vinny's curt smile developed into a cheeky one as he hummed a comment among the inner working of his brain, That's usually what I'm thinking before I start taking steps to plan someone's bedtime.

"Gifts? 'Gifts' sounds free, and nothing's free." Vincent moved his head side to side loosely as the words rang generally were true. And here it was true, these gifts weren't technically free, he'd brought them in believing he'd be accepted into this eccentric organization. They were his paperless paper works of transferring his allegiance to these Bad Lands, not that he had ever had any stead fast loyalty to any other group aside from his absent friend. Still he had taken generous time in acquiring these items and trinkets. The kid beamed pleasantly up to the apathetic seeming guy, "Mmm, they're not quite gifts. They're payment for when you accept me into the Bad Lands.".

Vincent still contented himself in squatting half over the bag, his hood 75% covering his head and his music faintly emitting from one headphone and the other filling his right ear with mood. He clasped his hands together and then rubbed them as if he were over a plate of bacon and eggs or a bowl of ramen. "So, are we going to walk now, or do you want to seem some of these gifts I got?"
aa
aa
aa

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 08:28:16 AM »
hope wasn't all that bad, not compared to some. she'd killed, but she wasn't a killer. she could fight, but she wasn't a fighter. she'd done bad things in her brief existence, but she wasn't a bad person. she was a fifteen year old girl living in a world that was less than welcoming to her. she was a girl, a child, really, who'd been hurt by the things she'd seen. she'd been painted in her own mothers blood like some piece of modern art, she'd held her father as he'd shaken and trembled as the lift left him, she'd been given ultimatums, her or them, and she'd chosen herself, and she wasn't always sure it was the right choice.

she looked sort of meek as she approached the scene, lips pressed together tightly, cornflower blue eyes observant of every little detail. her arms crossed low on her form to hold her leather jacket shut, heeled boots crunching on the underbrush as she moved, stopping a yard or so behind catalyst and staying silent, not having anything of much use to add to the conversation.

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 04:53:46 PM »
C
atalyst

It was one of the many jackets in their possession; as their Mother was slowly telling people, they had two closets full of clothes. There wasn't all that much that inspired as much interest and passion in Catalyst, but their wardrobe had definitely become one of the things that they liked quite a bit, more than most people, even. Messing with their prized jackets was a pretty good way to piss off the otherwise typically even tempered individual.

Ah, that made much more sense. A smirk formed on their face as Hope walked up, and they leaned over to her. "Maybe we should request some sort of tribute from joiners. This is fun." Their jovial attitude faded a bit, turning more serious as they returned their attention to Vinny. "We've got time, let's see the 'gifts'."

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 02/08/19 • show
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands

⇥ 02/07/39 ⇥ Reunited with Susie
⇥ 02/05/38 ⇥ Started their revenge on Jeremy
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Kissed Gavril
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Returned from Flintlock

⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

YOU GOT ME COMING BACK FOR MORE
I'VE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE

Offline Vinny.

• She, her, hers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 01:39:06 AM »
TRIGGER WARNINGS - GORE, VIOLENCE
TW: gore, violence,
thes code
sunshine serial killer ㋡
Vincent "Vinny" Long -
aa
The thirteen pounds of sunshine melded killer nodded almost excitedly. Some of these gifts he'd been particularly suppressing his excitement for. Now not only stood the leader Catalyst but a face having arriving for his show and tell. Vinny planted his voids on her for a moment to express his notice of her before moving on to fishing in the mysterious duffel bag. First gift~

Hands that barely wore any scratches or scars pulled out... more hands. Two precisely, interlocked as if they had been shaking hands while still connected to the bodies of their owners. Their masses were severed after the wrists and where they'd been severed could gruesomely be compared to the side profile of a Twinkies. Just red, brown, and disgusting with the bone as the cream in the center. The "handshake" rested in a smudged transparent plastic box, not that they'd be crawling back to their corpse motherland. The kills these hands belonged to were only about 48 hours old, so the skin wasn't yet loosening and the nails were only beginning yellow lightly. The hands were dirty, not just because he'd sawed them off and splatters bodily fluids had stained them, but because they were calloused and worn with dirt and sweat. A lot, a lot of people would find this odd and terrifying, indicative of a crazy cat, but in a careless manner Vinny might consider this art. Sloppy, fun art.

The morbid piece was without a title, it didn't really needed one in his opinion but he certainly had a few in mind. He set the display down and without having to look up gave a firm command with a finger pointing at Cat and the other hand still rummaging in the bag,"Machete, Apport." Machete's ears moved in a few degrees and stiffened before hauling over in a brisk gait over to the plastic box. Her mouth stretched over it and after sliding her teeth a few times to confirm her grip on it she pattered over to Cat with the gift. "Aus." At the command she lightly dropped it at Cat's feet and then proceeded to stare at them and the girl.

" hmm, I also have this stuff, not sure if you're a drinker," Vincent said with still a pleasantness, though uncaring of the products he was now setting next to himself out of the bag. A bottle of Jack Daniels, Patron Tequila Silver, Fireball, and Another bottle of alcohol though the label had been defaced.
aa
aa
aa
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 08:29:44 PM by Vinny. »

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 11:49:42 AM »
tw for mentions of the hands

cat made a joke, and hope just sort of... smiled in response. not because she found it all that funny, but because it was polite, and she'd been raised with some decent manners. her eyes followed vinny as he removed a pair of hands. her brows raised, her eyes widened, and all of a sudden her breakfast felt sour and expired in her stomach. she didn't vomit, tempted as she was, but she did take a step back.

❝yeah, i don't know if we want that kind of gift from everyone who turns up.❞ she mumbled, a look of disgust on her features, and the look didn't leave her eyes as she glanced up at vinny, silently resigning that, though she didn't really do the friends thing, he'd be at the bottom of her people-to-hang-out-with list. she liked having her wrists connected to her forearms, and moreso, she didn't exactly want hands as a christmas present.

she glanced between cat and vinny, unsure as to how he'd react, though her position on the extra limbs was pretty clear.

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 05:53:07 PM »
C
atalyst

//trigger warning for talking about gore

"Jesus Christ." They breathed, the words escaping their lips accompanied by disbelief they weren't able to keep back. Cautiously they knelt down and peered at the interlocked hands. "Haven't seen anything this depraved since J was celebrating Christmas." They commented, still inspecting the arm. Something in their stomach churned, and finally they stood up. "You did this yourself?" They asked, face as impassive as it ever was. In its own, twisted, fucked up way, it was sort of impressive. Not to Hope, apparently, and that was good. If this was the most graphic, fucked up thing she ever saw, it'd be good. "I'm not a drinker but I enjoy watching people get drunk."

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 02/08/19 • show
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands

⇥ 02/07/39 ⇥ Reunited with Susie
⇥ 02/05/38 ⇥ Started their revenge on Jeremy
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Kissed Gavril
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Returned from Flintlock