Author Topic: everything's reminding me of you || open, gav's having flashbacks  (Read 67 times)

Offline gavril l.

• gavril "bats" lupei
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
He looks like the good boy
he's never been.     
Except when they're yours, mi amor
[tw: blood, death. also just a fair warning this shit gonna get emotional]

He panicked. He didn't have a necklace like those part of the Badlands, he hadn't been there long enough and so when he panicked he just...acted. Gavril's canine teeth were similar to baby fangs, they were just a bit bigger than normal but it was noticeable enough for him to gain his nickname Bats. Well, he'd use those as a weapon. He bit them in the neck, causing blood. Blood on him, on the victim on...Vali?

Due to memory, the body, to Gav, suddenly looked like the younger Romanian from his past. Emotion and memories seemed to flood into his head, causing him to truly mistake this person for Vali. "No! No no no no...no no not again" tears formed in his eyes, shaky hands hovering in the air, unsure of what to do. He was alive last time, this time he couldn't tell, this time he may be too late to find out who did it. He just knew it wasn't him. No. It had never been him. Andrada had framed him, he would never hurt Vali. Never. He'd never hurt Vali like he'd never hurt Cat.

"Vali" It came out more as a plea than he intended, but he was cut off by choking up. Tears rolled down his face, too many emotions from memories came rushing forward. "No..no no! I didn't-...I didn't kill Vali. I didn't!" he was still knelt next to this body, who to him was the younger male.

His hands went to cover his ears, trying to block out memories of accusing voices. Things he never got to deal with before, things that would haunt him. "I loved him, I wouldn't kill him!" he cried, more tears wetting his cheeks as he got more upset due to the memory. He was framed, he had the scars to show what he went through because of the framing. Hell, he was here because he was framed.

Gavril actually then would search for a pulse, his heart beat quickening upon realizing it wasn't there or at least, he couldn't find it. "Vali? Vali no-...fuck don't leave me again. Vali?!" he was leaned over the body "I love you! Please...not again..."
thes code
I wanna hold you when I'm not supposed to
bio - inventory - pinterest - tags

Online 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: everything's reminding me of you || open, gav's having flashbacks
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 08:33:44 PM »
C
atalyst

They didn't know what had led up to there being a bloody man on the ground, or why Gavril seemed so freaked out about it. Or why Gav's mouth was covered in blood, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that part. Striding over they crouched down next to them, saying nothing at first as they too searched for a pulse. They stared at the crying boy, listening carefully to the words and trying to figure out what had happened.

Did... Gavlin know him? Was he some old lover, and in some sort of passionate reunion, he bit him? But no, something happened before, something that made it sound as if Vali had already been dead, at least to Gav's belief. "It's not him, Gavlin." They weren't totally sure that was true, but they got the sense that they had to lie here. "It's not Vali. You didn't kill him." If he didn't believe them... Well, fortunately or unfortunately, Catalyst had some experience in making people doubt their reality.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 02/08/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 02/07/39 ⇥ Reunited with Susie
⇥ 02/05/38 ⇥ Started their revenge on Jeremy
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Kissed Gavril
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Returned from Flintlock
⇥ 01/27/39 ⇥ Visited Flintlock Lodge
⇥ 01/21/39 ⇥ Reunited with their mother
⇥ 01/21/39 ⇥ Fought off Paige's attackers

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/PanromanticSingle ⇥ No crushes or maybe crushes
⇥ Not looking but not not looking ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

↰↱
↲↳
Aim, throw your best shot right at me
'Cause pain, I can take it easily
Did you really think I'd fall to my knees
Just to pray for some sweet simplicity?
Catalyst  →  They/Them  →  21  →  Boss of the Badlands

Offline gavril l.

• gavril "bats" lupei
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 09:25:52 PM »
he's never been.     
"It's not him, Gavril." He hadn't noticed Cat's arrival until now, but even then they sounded distant. It was enough, however, to make him look more at the body. No, they didn't look like Vali, his Vali died in Romania not here in America. There would be no way he could even be in America. Gavril fell back from his knees, his breath shaky but not crying over this strangers body.

"It's not Vali. You didn't kill him." "I know. I know I didn't..." he was mumbling, his eyes fixed more...beyond the body. He wasn't really staring at anything anymore but it was clear whatever he had pictured was still in his mind. "She did. I found him but I-...I couldn't-..." He'd look down to see the blood on himself, which definitely wasn't going to help this situation. However he didn't say anything about it, he just stared back at nothing.

"I'd never hurt him" he repeated himself, his gaze shifting to his hands which sort of took position as if he was holding Vali again only for a second, while Gav spoke. A clue or hint to anyone watching him sort of crumble down. The tears and shaking were still there, definitely. Though with how he was now? He didn't even notice.
thes code

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 11:55:23 PM »
*tw for mention of blood
Mord was hoping for a relatively eventless day; at least, eventless in badlands terms. There was rarely a moment of peace, and even if the world granted one, it was usually immediately snuffed out by some sort of violence or commotion somewhere around the city. and, being the only person with the recognizable old-world title, the result of said violence always found a way to his door whether he liked it or not, and today was no exception.

He wanted to turn the other way when he saw the body on the ground. He recognized cat in an instant, or, more so the distinctive text-plastered jacket, surely they could take care of it. It didn't take an expert like him to see that the man on the ground was most likely dead, but the two young men didn't seem to be leaving it yet. Brow furrowed in confusion, he approached, and was somewhat concerned by the amount of blood and visible distress adorning the younger boy's face. What the hell happened here? his instincts kicked in immediately, and the doctor overtook his train of thought.

"I'd never hurt him" "Clearly." He muttered, unfortunately only picking up on the last of Gav's words and assuming the romanian was referring to the dead man before them. he knelt down beside the pair of them, fishing around in his pocket for a handkerchief or something that could take care of the hazardous fluid. When he managed to widthdraw the piece of cloth, he pushed it into Gav's trembling hands. the doctor eyed him carefully, studying the fear plastered across the boy's features. A pang of concern pulled at his chest. He didn't enjoy seeing others in a state of shock, as much as he claimed to be a stone-cold apathetic asshole, and it visibily bothered him slightly. He wasn't the comforting type, at all. Hopefully cat would be more helpful in that than he would, as he tried to assess the situation.

The things other people have put into my head do not fit together nicely.

Online 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 11:46:27 AM »
C
atalyst

Hoping that Catalyst was capable of comforting anyone was like hoping for rain in the dry season of a desert. As wonderful as that would be, it wasn't going to happen. They'd known little comfort throughout their life, so when it came time to offer some, they had no idea how to. So, most of the time they didn't.

Mord arrived, good maybe he could - okay, perhaps not. "Gav, look at me." They said, reaching out and trying to lightly grab his bloody chin to make him look at them. "Listen. It's okay. You didn't kill him. Clean that blood up, Mord's gonna take you back to my house, and my mom's gonna give you some fresh clothes and some tea. I'll be back soon, I just gotta take care of this." They didn't angle their head downward to the body, not wanting to draw more of Gav's attention to it.

⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

↰↱
↲↳
Aim, throw your best shot right at me
'Cause pain, I can take it easily
Did you really think I'd fall to my knees
Just to pray for some sweet simplicity?
Catalyst  →  They/Them  →  21  →  Boss of the Badlands

Offline gavril l.

• gavril "bats" lupei
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 05:15:11 PM »
he's never been.     
It took him a moment to really focus on Cat, but he didn't manage to eventually. He did his best to listen to them, was the person who showed up Mord? There was blood on him? Actually, he knew that, however he didn't know that it was anywhere but his clothes. He was okay going to see Molly, from what he had heard about her she seemed nice though as far as he knew they had never actually met. "...I'll be back soon, I just gotta take care of this." a shaky hand reached up and grabbed onto the wrist of Cat's hand that was making him look at them. It wasn't necessarily a death grip, but it was definitely a tight grip "I-I want to stay with you" he sounded tired and (rightfully) upset.

His eyes would dart to the body, but quickly go back to Cat's. He was doing his best to not look at it and instead focus on Cat. He'd also glance at Mord, he was obviously part of the Badlands and was who he assumed to be who they were talking about. Why didn't Cat just have them deal with the body? The...body?

Gavril's eyes looked back at the body, however now it didn't look like Vali. Had he...done that? He had no idea who that poor soul was, hell he barely remembered exactly what happened due to the flashbacks. But it wasn't Vali. Vali wasn't here, his body was still in Romania. it was probably buried. But he wasn't here. Cat was here.
thes code

Online 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 07:00:33 PM »
C
atalyst

They took a deep breath as they tried to decide what to do. He had calmed down a little bit, stabilized, and they weren't interested in reversing that progress. They glanced up at Mord. "Can you take care of it then, and if not, find someone who can?" With their free hand, they tried to take the cloth Mord had given him. "Fine, on your feet."