Author Topic: don't worry, be happy [p]  (Read 439 times)

Offline kookie

• im a smelly tuna
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
don't worry, be happy [p]
« on: February 11, 2019, 09:30:17 PM »
name jasper bae ahn-jong
nickname(s) jay, jazz, pear
alias jasper ahn-jong

d.o.b 26th of april
age 19 y.o
zodiac taurus

sex cis-male, masculine pronouns
orientation biromantic, bisexual

headcanons
a nervous ball full of anxiety
flying grades on everything he turns in
all but group projects
hard time talking, rubs his knuckles and avoids eye contact
teacher's pet! answers nearly all the questions and keeps the conversation going, usually has more confidence with professors cause they reach out and understand his situation
mild anxiety, ptsd and bulimia nervosa
was in a car crash when he was 14 that left him half blind and deaf in his left side, as well as a wicked scar on his temple
hearing aids and glasses to help, also speak and approach him on his right side
screeches if touched without permission
loves to bake and cook, will do it for friends if asked to
also loves eating, but likes eating in private? nervous eater around others
lives in a single bedroom dorm room for the time being, working on finding an apartment
good boy that wants to pass all his classes and eat cookies while watching cooking shows on netflix or youtube
everything has a place, everything is color coded, move or touch something and he'll strangle someone
allergic to latex, strawberries, bananas, chocolate, and cats
rough life tbh
while he can't handle himself in a physical fight for more than two seconds, he will argue like hell
bite is worse than his bark, he'll allow to be pushed so far
more basics, rest will be on the server ya know

extra @cygnus , i'll get a post up soon enough
TO REALIZE THE HAND OF LIFE IS REACHING OUT
*:・゚✦TO RID ME OF MY PRIDE, I CALL ALLEGIANCE TO MYSELF

Offline noelle

• feminine
    • View Profile
Re: don't worry, be happy [p]
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 06:10:04 PM »
u rock !
noelle argenbright
loving & studious
birthday: aug 20 '97
pronouns: feminine
sexuality: hetero
zodiac: leo
hogwarts house: ravenclaw
alignment: lawful good
appearance:
-5'4
-auburn hair, green eyes
-fair skinned, freckles across the bridge of her nose
-slim

personality: Noelle is doing what her character demands of her. Although quiet, she is not shy. She has difficulty making friends sometimes because she's often viewed as a buzzkill. She follows the rules, usually without question. She's responsible and takes her schoolwork very seriously. Unlike other wealthy kids, she worked her way into the university, although her family definitely could have paid for it.

history: Noelle was born to drug-addicted parents. She was born with an opioid addiction and suffered a handful of seizures her first few weeks of life. Her mother was arrested and her father was intimidated by the police, so he signed his parental rights away without hesitation. Noelle entered the system when she was five weeks old. At 10, she was finally adopted by a family who could support her through her counseling, and her last name was changed to Argenbright. Finally in a good home, she was able to focus on herself and her hobbies, and through middle and high school, she would learn that she has a talent for cheer, ballet, and gymnastics. Noelle graduated high school as salutatorian and is now a student at the university of washington in seattle. Born and raised in New Haven, CT.

Offline noelle

• feminine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 02:26:52 AM »
*:・゚✧*:・゚noelle k. argenbright
claire loves u!
The previous week had been long and grueling. Noelle had been so bored, she quite honestly didn't know what to do with herself. She had broken her leg in cheer practice only a week before, and she was missing quite a bit of classtime because most of the time, painkillers just didn't do the trick. Her physics professor, who did understand noelle's lack of natural smarts in the subject, offered a peer tutor to help her get caught up and stay caught up until her leg healed. And this morning, she was meeting that tutor. Still being in her cheer uniform and on crutches was absolutely mortifying, but it was part of the grade. Her coach didn't take kindly to the doctor's orders to stay away for weeks, so she informed Noelle that she must still wear the uniform and she must still sit in on practices. Noelle usually just spent this time doing homework rather than watching.

Standing, or- leaning against the common room doorframe, Noelle pulled her phone out of her backpack, only to see her mother calling.  Groaning, she answered.

"Mom, you know it should be illegal to call this early in the morning. I'm usually still asleep at this time," she grumbled, rubbing her temple.

"Oh? then why aren't you?" the warm voice came over the phone. Noelle couldn't help but smile a bit. She missed her mother.

"Because I'm meeting my physics tutor anytime now. We have a lesson this morning because I'm really behind, and I don't plan on flunking out anytime soon," she sighed, her grey eyes flickering up at a movement nearby. "Hey, uh, I'll call you on my lunch break, okay? I love you-" she hung up before Mrs. Argenbright could respond. She dusted off her white and purple skirt and cleared her throat, looking up expectantly.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 09:13:16 PM by noelle »

Offline kookie

• im a smelly tuna
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 12:49:30 AM »
A couple of days before the meeting, Jasper had been approached by the professor. He had been told that a classmate had been missing classes due to an injury and had greatly fallen behind the course. He had been offered the position of being a tutor and when Jasper had accepted it, he had arranged them to meet.

Walking to the common room that they had agreed to meet in, he began to gently take out his earbuds and neatly wrap them up before taking a small empty mint container out and storing them in it. He hated when they got tangled or had been misplaced, so each time he took them out, he would make sure to store them back into his pocket. Fixing his navy blue sweater, he cleared his throat and lifted his chin as he entered the room. Eyes scanning the area for anyone that even seemed familiar, or at least fit the description given to him. When spotting a rather attractive red head in crutches, he approached gingerly.

Heading to the nearest table to the right, he set his satchel on a chair and began to unload his books and pencil pouch. "My name is Jasper Ahn-Jong. Professor Wilkinson instructed me to tutor you until your leg heals and you are able to attend class sessions once again." he said, brushing his hands together before reaching into the satchel once more "Of course, if you do continue to need tutoring, we may meet up as needed and discuss the assignments." Pulling out a case and setting it next to his binder.

Taking a moment to catch his breath before he began to get carried away, he gave a gentle nod "I rather not share personal contact information for safety reasons, I am sure you understand, so you may get a hold of me by email. I will write it down before we part ways." As a private and cautious person, Jasper refrained himself from sharing his number with strangers as he preferred not to get random calls or texts during sessions or ungodly hours. Turning himself to face Noelle, he approached and held his hand out. "I look forward to working with you."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 09:57:22 AM by kookie »
TO REALIZE THE HAND OF LIFE IS REACHING OUT
*:・゚✦TO RID ME OF MY PRIDE, I CALL ALLEGIANCE TO MYSELF

Offline noelle

• feminine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 07:46:22 AM »
claire loves u!
Noelle watched the person approach her, and when he began to speak, she couldn't help but feel a bit awkward. She felt terribly underdressed and frankly, a little dumb to be needing tutoring in the first place. Not bothering to get a word in while he was talking, she silently nodded to acknowledge that she was listening, all though, he spoke quickly and she wasn't able to catch his whole name. She watched him warily as he began to unpack his things at a table a ways away from her, and she silently cursed him. She wasn't quite adept with her crutches yet, and she's fallen more times than she'd like to admit. "forgive me, but do you think we could move to a closer table? I don't count on making a fool of myself in front of you so early on," she smiled slightly, beginning to wring her wrists.

Jasper held his hand out for her to shake, so she shook it and nodded. "My name is Noelle," she cleared her throat, glancing over at the table again. Wincing through the apparent pain she was in, she hobbled her way over to the table, relieved once she found herself seated in a chair. Pulling things out of her own backpack, she looked at him. "So, tell me about yourself, Jasper, what's your major?" she inquired politely, offering a small smile.

Offline jasper b.

• They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 06:17:10 PM »
While Noelle had wobbled to the table, Jasper retreated to his own claimed seat. Offering no helping hand, he began to open his books, carefully flipping to the first sticky note that stuck out. First lesson she had missed, according to the email the Professor had sent. Clearing his throat, he glanced up "I intend to major in business, minoring in computer science." he answered.

Opening his case, he unfolded his glasses before sliding them up the bridge of his nose. "I suppose the polite thing is to return the question. What is it that you are studying?" he asked, looking up and waiting for her to unpack her own things, if any. Rubbing his knuckles, he turned to his notebook and flipped it to the right page and slid it closer to Noelle. "The notes, you can skim through them and copy. I can explain anything as needed."

Offline noelle

• feminine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 09:41:24 PM »
claire loves u!
Noelle watched him warily as she made her way over to the table. She plopped down into a chair and moved a lock of auburn hair out of her face, clearing her throat. "I'm studying, ah- I intend on studying to complete my doctorate, in ah, medical science," she stammered, looking down at her notebook. It was neat and clean, the words small and the concepts color coded. She had sticky notes sticking out of the top to bookmark things of value to study, as well as things she had trouble with. "When I complete it, I'll be the first in my family to hold a degree that high," she smiled slightly, opening her pencil case.

When Jay offered the notes, Noelle's heart sunk a little. It was quite a bit, and she figured she'd have to teach herself most of it once she got back to her apartment. There would be no time, what with her boyfriend and cheer practice and everything else she had going on. She was an exceptional student, no doubt, but she wasn't a miracle worker. "Thank you for doing this, by the way. Taking the time to be a tutor. I'm sure you're busy enough as it is," she cleared her throat again, beginning to copy down the points of interest in the notes.

Offline jasper b.

• They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 01:13:31 AM »
Brushing a loose hand across his left ear, he ensured that it was well placed before working on unpacking a couple of different colored pens. Glancing over at Noelle, he blinked, nodded and pulled the physics homework from a folder hidden in the satchel. He cared little of what  degree would be held by the girl, in brutal honesty. Turning to her, Jasper cleared his throat, "Very well, is there any subjects you would like to review before we start with the missed classes? I suppose we can work on that as well as to not fall further behind in the future."

Jasper didn't mind taking the time after his classes to help a stranger. It was good practice for his speech, as well as to see just how much he truly understood. A great teacher would be able to explain without issues in a simple clear way. Well, that's what he thought at least. "Do not worry of my time, I would have gone back to my dorm if I couldn't fit you in." The boy rubbed his knuckles together a few more times. Truth was that he usually was pretty busy, but he would rush to complete assignments and projects in order to have some free time afterwards.

What he did in his free time usually ranged from sleeping to playing computer games or surfing the dark web. It was all fun, as long as he played it safe and covered his tracks well. So far so good, he supposed, he was still alive and well after all.

Another knuckle rub and he picked out his favorite navy mechanical pencil to write his name on the top of the page. As well as tutoring Noelle, he supposed he could fit in completing the assignment sheet given the day before. Two birds, one stone. Right?

Offline noelle

• feminine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 07:56:15 PM »
claire loves u!
Noelle nodded, allowing him to take the lead. Surely the professor had given Jay instruction on which lessons she had missed and which concepts were her weakest ones. She watched him intently and ignored as her phone pinged loudly with an incoming message. Then another, and another. Turning to her phone to turn the ringer off altogether, she saw her coach's name flash across the screen and her heart lurched. Cutting him off, she jumped up, fumbling for her crutches.

"I-I'm so sorry, James, was it? I totally forgot that I have practice this morning- I'm still required to be there," She rushed to put everything away as nicely as possible, save a sticky note and a pen. She scribbled something down and gave it to him, brushing her auburn bangs away from her eyes. "That is my phone number, I get out of practice at noon, so don't text me until then or my coach will have my head," she breathed. "I know you said email only, but I promise you, I'm not going to exploit you or anything, I just really need to go. So, it was nice meeting you, and I look forward to our next session," she smiled slightly, trying to position the crutches under her arm the most comfortable way she could before turning and hobbling off. 

Offline jasper b.

• They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 03:07:25 PM »
At the first notification of the phone, Jasper's eyes scanned Noelle's person for the device. How rude he thought, disruptive behavior not even five minutes into the meeting! But even before he could pitch in a remark of the phone, he was taken aback. "James" he nearly hissed, "my name is not James!"

Glaring at Noelle as she wrote her number on a sticky note, he scoffed I clearly stated my preference from the very start. I don't care for her excuses. Watching as she gathered her things and wobbled away, he took the number and crumbled it. Turning to his folder, he took out a loose leaf of paper and quickly scribbled the happenings. "Called me the wrong name, was irresponsible and missed practice, while being disruptive and rude for leaving early." he murmured.

Now, usually this type of behavior or just something happening similar to this, but having it being the first meeting had ticked him off. Not to mention he had to clear his schedule to fit the session in, it annoyed him more than angered him.

Setting his pen down, he was ready to pack his satchel and return to his dorm room, but decided against it "I already have my stuff out. Might as well just finish here." Turning to the crumbled paper, he stood and took it to the waste basket "If she wants the help, she can put the effort to find me." he mumbled as he retreated to his seat, sitting down with a heavy sigh.

Offline noelle

• feminine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 11:22:47 PM »
claire loves u!
A few days had passed with no word from Jasper, and a bit irritated, she went to their professor, requesting his email address. "He didn't give you his contact information?" the professor inquired, going though a file of students.
"He didn't get the chance- he wanted to dive right into it and I had to leave suddenly- unexpectedly. I think he might be angry at me," Noelle huffed, rubbing her temples. The professor smiled slightly and handed over a file to her. "His contact information is in there. He's a pretty serious kid, Noelle. That's why I paired him with you. I knew he would provide no distraction. He's all business. Now go, you're wasting my time as well," he nodded towards the door. He stood up to hold it open for her. "Do not come back to me on this matter unless it's to tell me you no longer need tutoring and that you'll be in class," he huffed, closing the door behind her. Noelle flinched slightly, holding the file close to her. Once she had hobbled her way across campus and into the library, she sat down and pulled out her laptop, typing in the email address the professor had listed on file.

Jasper,

I truly apologize for the other morning. Things have been incredibly hectic, as I know they must be for you as well. I have taken better action to remember my cheer schedule and to study with you in accordance to that. Additionally, let me buy you lunch to make up for Saturday.

Kindest regards,
Noelle Argenbright

Pleased with the email, having proof read it twice, she sent it and settled into her chair, sighing. This was going to be a long semester.

Offline jasper b.

• They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 01:17:56 PM »
Having spent the majority of the past few hours studying for a quiz, Jasper didn't have the chance to really worry about checking his computer for new notification nor the girl from the other day. But hearing the laptop give a ding, he looked up with a rub to his temples as he yawned.

He needed a break, wanted a nap because he hadn't slept well the night before. He had been experimenting a program to see if it was as fun as it was rumored and had stayed up well past his bedtime.

Standing to stretch and to reach for his computer, he pulled it closer to his open notebook and clicked around till he saw what the notification had been--his school e-mail. Thinking it may have been another change of plans to the meeting spot for another study group, he rolled his eyes with a heavy sigh as he clicked the bell open. But he didn't recognize the name of the person, he skimmed the body of the letter, "The red head?" he murmured "I wouldn't bother with her. She'd probably leave again."

But opening the box to reply, he typed in that he was free around a certain time between classes and was free to go get lunch then. Picking at his chin, he hummed softly as he scanned his e-mail before typing in that he would consider giving her a second try to get together for tutoring before hitting send.

Inching back the computer, he closed the tab and rolled his shoulders before returning to his studies.