Author Topic: us against the world - o, double joining  (Read 191 times)

Offline ADDY.

• he/him
    • View Profile
us against the world - o, double joining
« on: February 20, 2019, 05:36:07 PM »

“pick up the fuckin’ pace, lucerne.”

the remark came from someone who wasn’t necessarily making that much progress, either. but yelling at lucerne gave him something to do- and the rift between them  and their friendship at the moment made it all the easier for him to give lucerne hell. he glanced back at the other, furrowing his brows giving an irritated sigh before adding, “it’s going to be pitch black outside by the time we find somewhere to set up camp, at this rate.” he had to admit, the pair had been through hell and back the last couple of months - lucerne more than addy, admittedly - but that.. that didn’t mean he was going to just act like everything between them was okay.

after certain events - involving his past gang going on an apparent murder spree, and apparently on their heels, and other ties that he really didn’t want to think about at the moment… lucerne was being a total ass to the redhead. he wasn’t going to simply stand there and act like he didn’t notice the man’s riddling statements became more and more belittling. god, what an ass. he shoved his hands in his pockets as he glanced around at the hills and forestry surrounding them. seemed like they had picked the only clear path in this place, to wherever it lead to--

and when ad had earlier silently decided himself  to try and find a group to protect the duo - looks like following this path had lead them right to one. there was strength in numbers, and at this point, he’d take any amount of people he could get. they’d discovered a city, settled on the end of a beach. “aw, hell yeah,” he muttered under his breath as he wandered further into the territory. he glanced over his shoulder towards lucerne, as if reading the other’s mind as he reiterated, “strength in numbers, y’know.”

he brought his hands up to his mouth to amplify his words, “hey! anyone there?” might as well press their luck, he supposed.

[please wait for @LUCERNE. to respond pLS and ty
this isn't my best post but we'll make do]
&& bio && tags && plotting

Offline LUCERNE.

• . . .
    • View Profile
Re: us against the world - o, double joining
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 04:19:55 AM »
TW. Death & Gore

How pitiful. Lucerne's cold gaze followed after Addy sternly as the redhead man powered onward ahead of him in search of a suitable area to set up camp for the night. Eyes rolled dramatically at the man's snide comment, though like a loyal hound following his master's command, Lucerne's long legs began to stride quicker after Addy, soon closing the distance between the two men until he was again by Addy's side. The previous months saw the spiral of their friendship, particularly after several events lead to Lucerne's trust towards the other man dwindling like a dying fire. He furrowed his brows, eyes ahead of him as he walked, hands shoved in the pockets of his dusty trousers.

"Highly unlikely." Lucerne quipped back dully, scoffing quietly to himself as he positioned his messenger back to sit on his shoulder comfortably. "I see a vast stretch of land ahead where it is perfectly acceptable to set up camp anywhere we see fit, so don't make me laugh." The man hissed. Ever since the death of his brother, Cornelius, body mangled and split open like a bloodied clam as it hung lifelessly in a tree for Lucerne to discover, it was no surprise that Lucerne was bound to act more reserved and aloof than usual. He was never quite good at grieving, and with this bereavement he was undoubtedly acting out of character. Plus, to add insult to injury, Lucerne could not help but find blame in Addy's indirect involvement. Briefly, his eyes peered over to Addy, gaze lackluster and lifeless, before he continued to look ahead, hoping to rest his weary legs soon. 

Despite the fear of the Clearwaters eventually catching up to Lucerne and Addy, Lucerne could never stoop as low as Addy would to keep the pair safe. The last thing Lucerne could possibly imagine would be to find himself becoming affiliated with a group of people, especially a group of dangerous people. Of course, Addy was already well aware of Lucerne's apparent distaste towards other individuals - Addy had always merely been an exception to Lucerne, it seemed. Regardless of his fondness towards Addy, for as long as he lived, Lucerne could only ever pledge loyalty to himself. Being alone was what would keep him safe, and over the past few months, Addy so kindly gave Lucerne the final proof that this was true.

Lucerne was quick to slow down as soon as he noticed a city along the coastline, quickly putting the pieces of this puzzle together before he whipped his head to glare at Addy. "Shut up... This is absolutely ridiculous!" He exclaimed in retaliation, though he'd continue to follow Addy regardless of the beginning of this tantrum. After all... Lucerne feared Addy. That man was vicious. "I refuse to walk any closer to that city; there'll be people there!" And, it was no secret that Lucerne was absolutely awful around people. Suspiciously, he nudged Addy in a weak attempt to get the other to stop walking, sneering grouchily towards the town as Addy began to call out for someone.

Lucerne was most definitely unimpressed. He'd make that clear to anybody who'd step foot near him.

Spoiler: tags :: updated 2/21 • show
basics.
⫸ wilhelm lucerne nouvel // no known nicknames
⫸ goes by his middle name, lucerne
⫸ male // he/him
⫸ thirty three // ages real time // born fourteenth february
⫸ member of the badlands // formerly a loner
⫸ joined BL - twenty first february
⫸ currently a worm. unofficial medic.

appearance.
faceclaim - benedict cumberbatch
voice claim - benedict cumberbatch
⫸ speaks with a received pronunciation british accent
⫸ 6'2ft // tall and lithe // very little muscle mass
⫸ cold, china blue eyes and disheveled, dark brunet hair
⫸ physical health - 75%
    — current injuries: broken humerus & healing wounds across throat and cheek
⫸ mental health - 87%
    — traumatized after discovering his brother's slaughtered corpse several weeks ago

personality.
⫸ enigmatic and difficult to understand
⫸ astute and intellectual // generally very logical in his way of thinking
⫸ self-absorbed and overly prideful // massive god complex
⫸ lack of empathy and often insincere // evident sociopathic tendencies
⫸ assertive, blunt and arrogant // strong, unwavering opinions
⫸ analytical and perceptive // often good at figuring things out at breakneck speed
⫸ overly motivated and stubborn // it's often his way or the highway
⫸ chronic boredom, often acts out childishly based on this
⫸ fastidious and a known perfectionist
⫸ unpredictable and notably unhinged // makes it difficult to get on with him
⫸ a total narcissist in many ways
⫸ aloof and incredibly socially awkward // very antisocial in general
⫸ a complete drama queen // incredibly theatrical and melodramatic
⫸ breathes sarcasm // snide and often witty with his quips
⫸ silently a very sensitive and introverted soul // worries about what others think
⫸ self-conscious towards how people react towards him // this makes him withdrawn

relationships.
⫸ wilhelm nouvel x annette nouvel // one older brother [deceased]
⫸ aromantic asexual // not interested in any romance
⫸ has taken a liking towards addy douglas
    — sees him as his person
    — doesn't view their relationship as romantic
    — loyalty lies with him entirely

interaction.
storage // plot
⫸ physically: medium // mentally: hard
⫸ owns a pistol but finds the idea of injuring somebody very difficult
⫸ dislikes getting into physical fights as he's not very good at fighting
⫸ would much rather die than kill somebody else
⫸ will be acting out of character as he is still grieving over the loss of his brother
TW. he is an active drug addict // cocaine, heroin and opioids such as morphine
    — some interactions with him may be whilst he is under the influence of said drugs

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 06:48:55 AM by LUCERNE. »
BABY, TELL ME IF I'M BEING STRANGE
*:・゚✦ AND IF I NEED TO REARRANGE MY PARTICLES, I WILL FOR YOU

Offline 𝐆𝐀𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐋

• ‘ 童子 ’
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 09:59:42 AM »
GABRIEL GRIFFIN
WEEP, LITTLE LION MAN, YOU'RE NOT AS BRAVE AS YOU WERE AT THE START.
( if luce ain't the fattest mood )

Gabriel had not arrived in the beachside city with a companion accompanying him. He did not have someone watching his back at all times, no one to talk to and confide in when times were uncertain. After all, the boy had fled from home late at night, with only a few belongings and his wits. His parents couldn't have known about where he was headed to, and he dared not take his little sister with him. It would have caused his parents too much grief and worry, and besides, he was not to subject Abby to the horrors of the world so early in her life. No, this was something that he felt had to be done on his own.

The journey here had been risky and he was surprised that he hadn't gotten himself killed out in the wilderness, but once he arrived in the city, he didn't think about returning home for a long while. Travel was far too dangerous for a naive, young, unexperienced teenager like him... just as was greeting two utter strangers on the outskirts of town. Gabriel was alone and outnumbered, and all he could rely on was his bare hands, and perhaps the switchblade tucked into his back pocket if absolutely necessary. Hopefully these two came in peace. "... Hello," Gabriel greeted, his soft features neutral, not quite warm but not quite unfriendly, either. He was uncertain of where these two stood as of yet. "Did you two need something?" Dual irises darted from one man to the next. The boy remained calm, although the scarring on the taller man managed to make him feel an itch of discomfort running down his spine.

OFFICER OF THE BADLANDS / CLICK FOR BIOGRAPHY
LIKE A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
——————————— I WILL LAY ME DOWN

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 04:03:46 PM »
C
atalyst

The first time that Catalyst had come to the Badlands they'd been alone. They'd kept to themself at first, quietly going about their business until Parks had designated them as the next leader of the Badlands. It might seem like a strange decision to some, but in Cat's eyes it had been Fate. Unfortunately, that meant their immediate overthrow was also Fate. Their imprisonment was Fate, as was their release by the very man that had put them in that position to begin with. And, of course, it was Her hand that guided them to follow Tydeus, leaving the Badlands behind temporarily.

They would return, obviously, though this time they were accompanied by a boy named Russel that they hadn't been able to shake on the way back. Russel would eventually leave the Badlands, but not before he witnessed Cat claim power once more, this time unopposed. And now, two months later, here they were, still the sovereign over their own little kingdom. But that kingdom was ever expanding, and that's just what they liked to see.

They followed Gabe as he made his way towards the two newcomers, eyes cold but observant. They crossed their arms, staying silent until one of them spoke up.

//this is bad but welcome to BL!

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 02/17/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 02/17/39 ⇥ Had a heart to heart with Molly and Gavril
⇥ 02/15/39 ⇥ Visited Michael in Flintlock
⇥ 02/14/39 ⇥ Hosted a Valentine's day party
⇥ 02/11/39 ⇥ Got drunk
⇥ 02/07/39 ⇥ Reunited with Susie
⇥ 02/05/39 ⇥ Started their revenge on Jeremy
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Kissed Gavril
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Returned from Flintlock

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/PanromanticSingle ⇥ No crushes, one maybe crush
⇥ Not looking but not not looking ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

I've been defeated I begged for what I needed
I suffered now I'm ready for war

Offline ADDY.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 06:13:20 PM »

don’t tell me what to do,” he snapped at lucerne as the other told him to shut up. how could he possibly tell addy to shut up? he was the one that went on long tangents about the most stupid of things; addy was the one that had to fucking deal with it. he shoved his hands in his pockets, waiting a few moments for some sign of life in these parts. “i refuse to walk any closer to that city; there’ll be people there!” he turned suddenly to look at the overgrown man-child, narrowing his eyes. “you can be such a fucking child, you know th-”

hello

he turned to face the person who had said that and-- speaking of children, there was one right in front of them, accompanied by someone older, more intimidating. a warning from lucerne would’ve been nice. he put his hands behind his back, forcing his lips to twitch into a more friendly expression. he wanted to make a good first impression with these people; the least lucerne could’ve done was made sure they hadn’t seen him bickering like children. especially addy cussing someone out in front of a kid. “oh. hi, there,” he decided to say, glancing between the two for a moment.

“we were wondering if you were accepting new people into this group of yours.” as he spoke, the fingers on one of the hands behind his back curled, all except his middle finger - to flip lucerne off as he spoke. “is there a leader or someone we could talk to?”

&& bio && tags && plotting

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 09:54:00 PM »
C
atalyst

Hearing the snappish words coming from the apparent younger of the two made Catalyst lift their brow a tad bit, though they could understand the place where he was coming from. They'd had to deal with immature people before in their life, and after a while it could be hard to contain the frustration that could build up after your patience was pushed too far. "That'd be me." They said, not particularly surprised to hear that they wanted to join and speak to the leader. "I'm Catalyst, that's Gabe. And you two are?" They weren't too keen on admitting anyone into the group without so much as a name, though they would likely be accepted regardless of what it was.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 02/17/19 • show

⇥ 02/11/39 ⇥ Got drunk
⇥ 02/05/39 ⇥ Started their revenge on Jeremy
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Kissed Gavril
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Returned from Flintlock

⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

Pansexual/PanromanticSingle ⇥ No crushes, one maybe crush
⇥ Not looking but not not looking ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment

⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

I've been defeated I begged for what I needed
I suffered now I'm ready for war

Offline LUCERNE.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 08:58:10 AM »
tw. mention of past attempted murder

Lucerne rolled his eyes slowly, nonchalantly ruffling his hair as Addy snapped at him in response. Perhaps he ought to quieten down now, considering Addy was beginning to really get frustrated by the taller man. After spending so long with his companion, he was beginning to really understand the redhead in ways that he couldn't understand another human being before. Lucerne could push Addy right to the line - sometimes this was in fact very convenient for his cause - but if he dare push the redhead over said line, there would surely be hell to pay. Lucerne was grasping onto the knowledge of this delicate balance, much like walking a tightrope. He had to continue to walk it otherwise he'd fall off either side disastrously.

Whilst Addy chose to scold Lucerne, the brunet's eyebrows instantly knitted together as he turned his head to watch two men approaching. They appeared... to not want to kill them, yet... Suspicious. Plus, speaking of suspicious, Lucerne would surely not dissolve any grudge or bitterness that he held towards groups. After all, the last time he'd run into a group... He was moments away from being slaughtered like a goat being sacrificed. He began to slow to a halt, Addy's chiding being cut off rather quickly by the voice of the younger of the two men. Cocking an eyebrow in silence, Lucerne took one quick glance towards Addy before he returned his gaze towards the two strangers.

Interesting. Addy was trying his best to impress these two. Lucerne simply could never see Addy as a people-pleaser. And so, he scoffed quietly to himself as Addy asked if the group accepted new members, lowering his gaze to notice Addy flipping him off silently. Lucerne released a slow breath as the older man spoke, shifting his weight from side to side impatiently. Formalities were dull and, if Lucerne had to be honest, unnecessary. After all, he would convince Addy that they ought to move on in no time; Lucerne wasn't good with... Humans. "The name's Lucerne and this is my companion, Addy." He announced, pursing his lips as he peered over the strangers' shoulders to have a look at town ahead. "Do you by any chance have a supply of morphine? It's an awfully dire situation."

Spoiler: tags :: updated 2/21 • show
basics.
⫸ wilhelm lucerne nouvel // no known nicknames
⫸ goes by his middle name, lucerne
⫸ male // he/him
⫸ thirty three // ages real time // born fourteenth february
⫸ member of the badlands // formerly a loner
⫸ joined BL - twenty first february
⫸ currently a worm. unofficial medic.

appearance.
faceclaim - benedict cumberbatch
voice claim - benedict cumberbatch
⫸ speaks with a received pronunciation british accent
⫸ 6'2ft // tall and lithe // very little muscle mass
⫸ cold, china blue eyes and disheveled, dark brunet hair
⫸ physical health - 75%
    — current injuries: broken humerus & healing wounds across throat and cheek
⫸ mental health - 87%
    — traumatized after discovering his brother's slaughtered corpse several weeks ago

personality.
⫸ enigmatic and difficult to understand
⫸ astute and intellectual // generally very logical in his way of thinking
⫸ self-absorbed and overly prideful // massive god complex
⫸ lack of empathy and often insincere // evident sociopathic tendencies
⫸ assertive, blunt and arrogant // strong, unwavering opinions
⫸ analytical and perceptive // often good at figuring things out at breakneck speed
⫸ overly motivated and stubborn // it's often his way or the highway
⫸ chronic boredom, often acts out childishly based on this
⫸ fastidious and a known perfectionist
⫸ unpredictable and notably unhinged // makes it difficult to get on with him
⫸ a total narcissist in many ways
⫸ aloof and incredibly socially awkward // very antisocial in general
⫸ a complete drama queen // incredibly theatrical and melodramatic
⫸ breathes sarcasm // snide and often witty with his quips
⫸ silently a very sensitive and introverted soul // worries about what others think
⫸ self-conscious towards how people react towards him // this makes him withdrawn

relationships.
⫸ wilhelm nouvel x annette nouvel // one older brother [deceased]
⫸ aromantic asexual // not interested in any romance
⫸ has taken a liking towards addy douglas
    — sees him as his person
    — doesn't view their relationship as romantic
    — loyalty lies with him entirely

interaction.
storage // plot
⫸ physically: medium // mentally: hard
⫸ owns a pistol but finds the idea of injuring somebody very difficult
⫸ dislikes getting into physical fights as he's not very good at fighting
⫸ would much rather die than kill somebody else
⫸ will be acting out of character as he is still grieving over the loss of his brother
TW. he is an active drug addict // cocaine, heroin and opioids such as morphine
    — some interactions with him may be whilst he is under the influence of said drugs

BABY, TELL ME IF I'M BEING STRANGE
*:・゚✦ AND IF I NEED TO REARRANGE MY PARTICLES, I WILL FOR YOU

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 04:08:10 PM »
C
atalyst

//tw for mentioning drugs

In some ways, Cat didn't think they were all that good with humans either. Not to the degree that Lucerne struggled, but they too had an incredibly short list of people they trusted and cared for. Their mother, the one person they loved and knew loved them, and Gavril who was... special. There used to be one more name on the list, a girl that had been the only and truest friend they had ever had. They were pretty sure that they had finally burned that bridge, though.

They barely had enough time to mentally note whose name belonged to which face before Lucerne leaped into a request for drugs. Their lips thinned; while things like alcohol and marijuana were... easy enough for them to be around, more intense drugs brought back unpleasant memories. Derick's plans, his horrible ideas, the thing that had finally pushed them over the line. Still, they knew that some people really did need drugs like morphine, though some only thought they did. "We might. What do you need it for?" They couldn't help but be guarded, what with how eager he was; for all they knew Lucerne might just take whatever supply they had and run.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 02/26/19 • show

⇥ 02/23/39 ⇥ Attended Hayley and Jackson's wedding
⇥ 02/11/39 ⇥ Got drunk

Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Essentially taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment