Author Topic: death to the unbelievers >> joining + breaking into cat's house  (Read 85 times)

Offline CLEO.

• @aj
    • she/her
    • View Profile
death to the unbelievers >> joining + breaking into cat's house
« on: February 21, 2019, 02:58:26 AM »
"speech" 'thought' text
tw: injury, blood

Grimy and covered in mud as she was, there was something about the little girl that suggested a different life once. Not that Cleo cared to remember the life she had run away from, her decision was final, and looking back was not an option. Though she had a young face, her height gave away that her age was older than what she looked. She stood a good five feet tall, perhaps a bit more. Her brown hair was tangled and pulled back into a messy pony tail.

She wore a dress that was probably two sizes too big for her, with a few holes riddling the fabric here and there. Her feet were bare, calloused, rough from the life she had lead for the past few years. On her back was a small canvas bag, it was undercoated, though ripped and stained beyond the recognition of the previous owner, whoever that might have been.

Inside the bag was a green notebook with shamrocks on it, a few pens that were nearly out of ink (or already dried up) a jack knife (rusted and almost useless), and flint and steel. There was also an old scalpel, and a dirty, half empty bottle of water as well. These were all the worldly goods that Cleo possessed, but that didn't seem to bother the girl much, though she did look as though she was half starved, and in quite the need of a good meal and a good nights rest.

She had come across the town in the early morning, but had decided to wait until the next night to slip into a place and grab some supplies because she was completely out of food. Cleo had no scruples against theft, especially when that theft kept her alive, if someone had enough food or anything else and wouldn't miss a smidge, then Cleo felt it was only fair that she be able to take some for herself to survive.

She never took more than she needed, it was a point of pride with her. She didn't steal to be mean after all, she stole to keep herself from starving to death, or freezing to death, or whatever the situation called for. Creeping along the beach, keeping her body close to the back of houses, shacks, and trees as she did so, she kept out of sight of anyone who might be guarding, (at least she thought she had).

Years of living by herself in the world had taught her how to creep through places unnoticed, and she had decided that the beach was the best way in, the rest of the city seemed to have a better guard, but it was hard to watch all of the water as it lapped up, tiring even. So using that to her advantage on the dark, cloudy night, she had come in from the coast. Her hair and dress were still a bit damp, clinging to her body, and chilling her, as she slipped up the beach.

She made little sound as she neared the big blue house she had decided was her best target. Why? She'd seen food in there, people bringing food in there, and a woman. Now, usually, Cleo didn't like to say that women were nicer than men, after all, her own mother had believed that her daughter was possessed and tried to have her exorcised. Much good it had done her, Cleo wasn't possessed or a demon, she was just a slightly odd child.

The slender figure entered through a window, after carefully breaking the seal and pushing the lock upwards with a flat piece of metal. Windows were far superior to enter through than doors. Doors could squeak, and were also much larger, whereas a window, particularly a kitchen or bathroom window, were excellent points of entry (at least in the mind of the twelve year old girl who was utilizing the kitchen window as her own personal side door).

With a bit of an effort she clambered through the window, making little sound (except for scuffing her foot against the side of the window sill, and tearing the skin a bit, drawing some blood to the surface. It wasn't a big deal though, just a little cut, and she could clean it, and take care of it later. Now, where was the best place to find food... and possibly other goods to be traded. Cleo pursed her lips, and furrowed her eyebrows in thought, the room was dark, nearly pitch black (though not much of a difference from the outside, so it wasn't an adjustment for her eyes).

It was still dark in the room, and she didn't want to stumble, or alert anyone as to her whereabouts. Her eyes were adjusted to the dim light however, and as she slipped through the kitchen, trying her best not to knock anything over, her eyes fell upon fresh baked bread, she hadn't had bread in... well, she really didn't know how long, and perhaps she was a bit greedy, but she snatched up the loaf, breaking a piece off of it and stuffing it in her mouth before slipping the rest into her bag.

There were also some fruits and vegetables that she found by opening a few cabinets and looking in containers, which she deftly placed into her bag. There didn't seem to be much of good value or easily taken, perhaps she should have hit a different place. In so doing one of these pokes around for various food items, she accidentally knocked a glass from the counter, and the fragile object fell to the floor breaking loudly at the impact.

"Just great Cleo. Why don't you just scream and tell everyone you're here while you're at it!" She whispered under her breath. It took her less than a second to regain her cool head, and she vaulted onto the counter as gracefully as a cat jumping onto a bookcase. It would have been graceful at least, had her foot not touched something cold and metallic, a coil of wire on the counter that she had overlooked.

With a gasp, she found herself slipping from the counter, her feet airborne as she clutched at the air for some sort of object to grip on. However there were none, and she clattered to the floor loudly and gracefully. "Cat damnit." She swore under her breath as she scrambled to her feet. If the breaking cup hadn't woken up anyone in the house, this certainly would... now where was the damned door?
never look back.
biography  -   tags   -   opinions   -   dump

Offline paige m.

• Anastasia "Paige" Montgomery
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
Re: death to the unbelievers >> joining + breaking into cat's house
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 07:58:30 AM »
better than
the rest     
You should see me in a crown
The iconic younger sister figure entered the picture. What caught her attention was seeing a small figure hop through a window into Cat's house. Too small to be the Romanian most people suspected to have a thing with their boss, plus most of us were asleep or so she assumed. Paige couldn't sleep, so she went out for a walk. Looks like her quiet walk would turn into a...'family' visit.

She entered the house through the same window, after noticing it'd be easy to open meaning this stranger had probably opened it. Paige hopped off the counter just in time to catch the girl's name, she raised her eyebrow as she eyed them. "Listen Cleo, I think that's the least of your issues. You picked the wrong fucking house" she had been quiet until then, her stained barbed wire bat in hand. "Morning Cat! Get the hell up you have a visitor" she called, making sure this kid had a good view of that bat seeing as this should be enough to scare her even a bit.

"Tell me about yourself...Cleo, was it? The hell you doing stealing from the Badlands? You have a death wish?"
thes code
'cause if you think I was born yesterday you have got me wrong
bio - inventory - pinterest

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 03:02:42 PM »
C
atalyst

Cat had been passed out face down on their bed, one arm hanging over the edge of the mattress. They were a pretty deep sleeper, and it was hard to wake them up, particularly when they were enjoying some nice REM. They weren't the only one staying in the house, however, and strange sounds woke Molly up easily enough. So the woman crept out of her room and knocked on Cat's door. "Scott, I heard something break downstairs." She said, loud enough that her child would hear but not so loud anyone downstairs was likely to hear.

They groaned, slipping out of sleep slowly at first before it happened all at once. Their eyes flew open and they sat up, pulling the knife they kept under their pillow out. They stood and headed for the door, stepping out and past Molly before heading for the stairs. "Stay here." They told her before making their descent. It was probably a Badlander coming to get them because someone had turned up at the border at a stupid hour, nothing they had to worry about. Still, their mother's alarm had spread to them and their guard was up.

They heard Paige's voice calling them as their bare feet pounded down the stairs. Great, what the hell did she want? Cat entered the kitchen and wasn't entirely prepared for what they saw. Paige was standing there with her bat, and there was a little girl looking a bit panicked. There was mud and broken glass everywhere. They leaned against the doorway and pinched the bridge of their nose with their free hand. When they looked back at the girls again, they realized that the younger one seemed familiar. No way. "It's alright, Ma," they said, yelling over their shoulder. "Go back to bed."

They turned back to Cleo and Paige. "What are you doing in my house? Both of you." In the years since they'd last seen the younger, they'd aged a bit and grown an inch or two, and though their hair was a little different the most jarring difference was probably that they were wearing pajamas and not their signature style. Their current clothes weren't even black, either, the t-shirt being blue and their pants being gray. They kept their grip on the knife, though, still not feeling like putting it down even if there wasn't a threat they had to worry about.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 02/17/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 02/17/39 ⇥ Had a heart to heart with Molly and Gavril
⇥ 02/15/39 ⇥ Visited Michael in Flintlock
⇥ 02/14/39 ⇥ Hosted a Valentine's day party
⇥ 02/11/39 ⇥ Got drunk
⇥ 02/07/39 ⇥ Reunited with Susie
⇥ 02/05/39 ⇥ Started their revenge on Jeremy
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Kissed Gavril
⇥ 02/04/39 ⇥ Returned from Flintlock

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/PanromanticSingle ⇥ No crushes, one maybe crush
⇥ Not looking but not not looking ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

YOU GOT ME COMING BACK FOR MORE
I'VE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE

Offline CLEO.

• @aj
    • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 12:19:14 PM »
"speech" 'thought' text
tw: injury, blood

The lithe little girl twirled around, eyes widening as she looked at the older girl who was now blocking her way out. Door, door, where was the-her frantic search was cut short by the sound of Cat's voice their figure blocking the doorway which would probably lead to a door she could escape out of. Well, wasn't this just grand? She was less scared of the girl, the bat did little to intimidate her, but she supposed that since she was trapped she might as well assume her defenseless little waif charade.

Cleo swallowed and cowered away from Cat, their voice was familiar, but she couldn't place it, her body was also shrunken away from Paige, everything except for her eyes, which scanned the room calculatingly gave off the appearance of a timid and frightened child. She was unsure which question to answer first, should she ignore Paige? Answer her? Answer Cat and then Paige?

She blinked a few times, conjuring tears to her eyes, her little muddied face contorting into that of a remorseful and terrified little girl. "I... I was j-just s-so hungry... a-and I s-saw th-that nice lady making sandwiches th-through the window... I... I didn't think she'd m-mind if I took just a little bread..." She blubbered, "I'm sorry, I'm s-so sorry."

Through her veil of assumed tears, the striking resemblance of Cat to someone who was... well, an unfortunate figure from her past was realized. The dots connected she flinched away from the tall figure as if they were made of static. She didn't believe in higher powers, she had lost most of her faith in anything, everything. It was to be expected when someone so young was accused of being a demon, or possessed by a demon, or something like that.

But she still respected Cat, perhaps it was out of habit. "P-please d-don't kill me." She whispered fervently, here eyes upturned. All things considered, she had been doing a good job with the cards that she had been dealt in life, and even this situation could have been worse, in all, it wasn't that terrible of a day, though she wished to Cat she'd had a chance to make a run for it.
never look back.
biography  -   tags   -   opinions   -   dump

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 08:06:43 PM »
C
atalyst

Wait a second. This girl was familiar. Aw, hell. They shut their eyes and slumped against the archway, their head thudding dully against the wood. "Fugging hell. Okay, Paige, get out of here now and I'll forget you broke into my house." They rubbed their free hand up and down their face, then opened their piercing blue eyes and set them on Cleo again. "So because you saw a woman making food for her family, you figured you'd make it a little harder for them to eat next time? That's what I'm hearing?"

She was apologizing profusely and begging them not to kill her. That wasn't really on their mind, but they hadn't gotten to this position by being kind. If Paige was still lingering, they'd glare at her. "Didn't I tell you to leave?" There were some things that they had to make clear to Cleo, and they didn't want an audience for it. Certainly not if Paige was in it, for she would surely hold it above their head.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 03/09/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 03/09/39 ⇥ Was stabbed by Mike
⇥ 03/03/39 ⇥ Took over Northstar District
⇥ 02/23/39 ⇥ Attended Hayley and Jackson's wedding
⇥ 02/17/39 ⇥ Had a heart to heart with Molly and Gavril

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Essentially taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission