Author Topic: The Beach HEARD YOU SAY [MANDATORY TRAINING/TESTING] NOT TODAY  (Read 121 times)

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
HEARD YOU SAY [MANDATORY TRAINING/TESTING] NOT TODAY
« on: February 24, 2019, 04:09:02 PM »
C
atalyst

Okay, so people weren't as motivated as they hoped they'd be, so it looked like they'd need to be taking the initiative. (Who were they to judge, really? They were the laziest piece of shit you'd ever meet. Well, perhaps not.) There were so many people, going to each of them one-on-one wouldn't quite work, so they'd need to figure out a good way of testing everyone on everything. After a small amount of thought, they'd decided a clusterfuck on the beach would do.

There were tables upon tables of weapons. Empty guns, blunted blades, bats, canes, clubs, staves, other objects of blunt force, a few dulled swords, even some chains laid out. There were also a few fire pits set up with means to light them, just so Cat would be able to spot the pyros. They wanted to see what each person would be drawn to, but of course with such a display there were armed NPCs around the perimeter.

"Everyone! Grab what you like, but don't do anything just yet. I want to see what everyone's capable of, but I don't want you immediately bashing someone's face in. If you wanna fight someone, talk to them and agree on it. If you've already got a weapon you like, get it." They started pacing around the beach, watching as people began moving towards the tables. "If you want to learn how to use something, that can be arranged. If you're competent enough to teach someone, teach someone. If you're a good student or a good teacher and you impress me, you might get one of these in the next meeting." Catalyst held up a handful of red striped bandannas, the mark of a fully initiated Badlander.

"If you physically cannot or mentally will not fight, go stand over there. Try and figure what else you're good for." They waved a dismissive hand towards a section of beach just inside the little perimeter that had been set.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 02/24/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 02/23/39 ⇥ Attended Hayley and Jackson's wedding
⇥ 02/17/39 ⇥ Had a heart to heart with Molly and Gavril
⇥ 02/15/39 ⇥ Visited Michael in Flintlock
⇥ 02/14/39 ⇥ Hosted a Valentine's day party
⇥ 02/11/39 ⇥ Got drunk
⇥ 02/07/39 ⇥ Reunited with Susie
⇥ 02/05/39 ⇥ Started their revenge on Jeremy

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Essentially taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

I've been defeated I begged for what I needed
I suffered now I'm ready for war

Offline gavril l.

• gavril "bats" lupei
  • ic opinions | @noccy
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: HEARD YOU SAY [MANDATORY TRAINING/TESTING] NOT TODAY
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 02:59:16 PM »
Immigrants,
we get the job done.   
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?
  He stood among the others, listening as Cat explained why exactly they were at the beach. Well, sort of explained he supposed. As the others moved to take their choice weapon, Gav would take his tomahawk from his belt, twirling it in his hand as he waited patiently for whatever it was they had to do. He'd move towards the tables, sort of just looking over what was there with the possibility something may catch his eye.

But nothing really did. He'd glance at Cat, raising a questionable eyebrow. How the hell would he spar with a tomahawk without hurting someone? Eh, he supposed he'd have to try but wasn't sure exactly how that would go other than...bad. The mention of the bandannas did catch his interest however, mostly because who wouldn't want one? Looks like he'd either try to teach someone or find something to be taught, even though nothing really caught his interest. He supposed there had to be something he was curious to learn how to use.

//woo this is bad
thes code

bio - inventory - pinterest - tags

Offline 𝐆𝐀𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐋

• ‘ 童子 ’
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 12:31:20 PM »
GABRIEL GRIFFIN
WEEP, LITTLE LION MAN, YOU'RE NOT AS BRAVE AS YOU WERE AT THE START.
Training. Gabe remembered the first time he had ever been engaged in an actual, real-life combat training session with one of the seasoned fighters here. Beads of salty sweat glistened in the beating sun, dirt was smudged onto soft and untouched cheeks, baby blues were narrowed, uncharacteristically harsh, and locked onto his opponent. Smooth, delicate hands were balled into fists and swinging madly, hoping to land a hook onto their jaw. Training, especially that of the physical kind, was long and brutal and exhausting, and the boy knew from experience. A lot of the time, he felt as if his muscles were going to give out entirely, though he was always kept to keep on going.

The teenager had not engaged in a spar in a few weeks now, not since he had realized the path he was heading down - the wrong path. He still retained some muscle he had built up from the vigorous hours, including a very faint definition of his abdominals, but he wanted there to be no mistake that he was not a fighter. He would never lay a hand on anyone again, not unless he had to defend the life of himself or others.

So, when Catalyst called for a mandatory training, the teenager could not help but feel a twinge of guilt within him. Would the Boss be angry with him for choosing to stay out of it all? Hopefully not, as he chose to meander over towards the other area of the shore where all of the pacifists and the disabled persons were sentenced. Gabriel felt a bit awkward, seeing as most others were pairing up for sparring, but all he would do was watch... and maybe build a sandcastle while he was there.

GRUNT OF THE BADLANDS / CLICK FOR BIOGRAPHY
LIKE A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
——————————— I WILL LAY ME DOWN

Offline ADDY.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 11:02:06 AM »

fighting was addy’s speciality. addy wasn’t good at a lot of things - being a good person, book smarts, holding nice and genuine conversation - but the redhead sure knew how to fight with a whole range of weapons. after all, he’d practically been raised in the streets; how the hell could someone live on the streets and not learn a thing or two about combat?

out of the corner of his eye, he saw lucerne moving away from the table- and was quick to grab him by the arm to tug him the opposite direction. “oh, come on, lucerne. don’t be a pussy,” he remarked as he wandered towards the table, glancing around at all of the weapons. he didn’t even know where to start, honestly. “you’re going to learn how to fuckin’ defend yourself. i’m not always going to be there to save your ass.” addy wanted to be, tried to be, but he knew there’d be a day where he couldn’t always be there.

“take your pick.” he’d leave the weapons of choice up to lucerne; whichever one interested him, he’d roll with it and teach him how to use it.

&& bio && tags && plotting

Offline LUCERNE.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 05:14:47 AM »
Was it smart or weakness to back out of a fight? Was it smart or weakness to use wit to escape harm? Lucerne would consider it ingenious; these miscreants of the Badlands would claim otherwise. Digging the toe of his shoe mindlessly into the sand, Lucerne listened carefully to Cat's words, body tensing up at the idea of being forced into fighting somebody. Being taught how to harm a life. Eyes narrowed. There was a reason why he was a trained medic; he was trained to mend people, not harm them.

The closest Lucerne had ever gotten to fighting was self-defense. Well, he called it self-defense though it resembled more like a struggle a bear would go through being caught up in a bear trap. Luckily he always made it out alive, though sometimes he'd escape bearing injuries. His gaze lowered to his arm, the broken limb more or less healed entirely now, but the aches and pains he'd still feel reminding him of the last time he'd managed to get himself in some serious trouble. Those men knew how to fight, and Lucerne wouldn't stoop to their level.

And so, Lucerne was very quick to wander off when Cat instructed to do so - he wouldn't fight. He'd merely sit and wait until somebody got badly hurt from this abysmal idea before he'd swoop in and assist. But then, his body was tugged back, whipping his head around to see Addy pulling him back towards the table. He'd try to resist, but it was difficult when it was against somebody as stubborn as Addy. And so, begrudgingly, Lucerne shuffled back to the table, grumbling to himself, "I know how to defend myself." His cold blue eyes wandered the table, choosing to pick out a bat. After all, if Addy wanted Lucerne to fight, then Lucerne would choose a weapon least likely to cause harm if Lucerne was to undoubtedly mess up.
BABY, TELL ME IF I'M BEING STRANGE
*:・゚✦ AND IF I NEED TO REARRANGE MY PARTICLES, I WILL FOR YOU