Author Topic: [ JOINING ] HUNG HIGH AND DRY  (Read 64 times)

Offline PHOENIX.

• View Profile
[ JOINING ] HUNG HIGH AND DRY
« on: February 26, 2019, 09:44:30 AM »
Phoenix imagines that this world is great entertainment for whatever gods still live. It must be entertaining, watching your creations scuffle in the dirt. In some ways, this whole shitshow mirrors his entire goddamn life the rise to the top and then the crash back down. His family had been the rich sort before the end of the world. They'd actually had this... bunker, filled with all sorts of useful stuff. They were prepared. Maybe the good thing to do would be to share it once the riots had stopped. Distribute it out, make sure everyone got enough to eat and a safe place to sleep, but well, they were nice people but not that nice. And to kick a sixteen year old kid out because he was a little too hot-headed, that's another level of not nice.

But he survived, that's what matters. With a duffel bag full of his stuff and a good measure of determination, he supposes anything is possible. Made a different name for himself, outside of the family business and their bunker full of shit. Making a name for himself just wasn't always a good thing, and Phoenix has walked for miles and miles to try and find a place that doesn't carry that same amount of heat.

Here, he thinks he might damn well be anonymous. It was a long walk and he can't tell yet if it's worth it, but it's the first hint of civilization he's seen in days and he's tired of being alone. He makes himself stop when he sees people, waving a hand and then dropping the bag he'd kept over his shoulder. Phoenix looks messy, with soft hair pushed back and dirt under his eyes, but friendly enough. Approachable, even in olive drab and a torn jacket. All he wants is a shower guess that was probably a few years out, huh? He'll manage.

CALL ME CALLOUSED, CALL ME COLD
[ YOU'RE ITALIC.  I'M IN BOLD ]

Re: [ JOINING ] HUNG HIGH AND DRY
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 12:16:27 PM »
GABRIEL GRIFFIN
WEEP, LITTLE LION MAN, YOU'RE NOT AS BRAVE AS YOU WERE AT THE START.
Unlike Phoenix, Gabriel had not been thrown out on his ear out of his family's home. He really had a good thing going loving parents, a little sister, a green front yard, a vast backyard, and a roof over his head. There was no electricity and little food, of course, but the Griffins had managed. The fact that the teenager had fled his childhood home may have seemed insane to the less fortunate souls that suffered the wrath of the post-apocalyptic world, but truth be told, Gabriel wanted to be independent. He no longer wanted to be coddled and hidden away from the world, like how his parents wanted. He missed them all dearly, the security and the love and the warmth that he felt in the suburbs, but he was managing here. This was his new life.

The boy had been standing near a few other Badlanders when the group collectively turned their sights onto an apparent stranger, dirtied and well-worn from his travels. He did not appear threatening, so Gabriel supposed that he could go ahead and greet him just like he would anybody else. He took a much more civilized approach to dealing with newcomers than most others did. "Hi," The teenager's features were neutral as well as his tone, his pubescent-ridden voice leveled and not too demanding but not too timid. Months of training under the Boss and some of the group's toughest fighters had taught him a thing or two about confronting strangers with at least a shred of confidence. "You need something..?"

GRUNT OF THE BADLANDS / CLICK FOR BIOGRAPHY
LIKE A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
I WILL LAY ME DOWN

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: [ JOINING ] HUNG HIGH AND DRY
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 02:45:14 PM »
C
atalyst

Catalyst didn't believe in gods. Well, they believed in one, but She wasn't a god in the way others would think of them. She was more. It was fate that life had started up, fate that each and every event happened, no matter how small. Everything was meant to be, though for what reason they did not know. Maybe She was just entertaining herself, or maybe this was her job, her own fate, something she had to do until the end of time. The idea was sort of saddening, though perhaps it would explain the world's decline in recent years as She grew wearier and wearier.

They had lived in two houses, with two families. The first it had just been them and their mother, and there were times when they longed to go back to that. Things were so much simpler then, so much softer. Not completely, the other kids had still been terrible, but some part of them wished that they hadn't run away from home that night. That Fate hadn't bid them leave. But She had, and she'd ended up with Derick and his family. They had always felt like they were three-quarters accepted there, almost another one of the kids but not quite. Things only got worse on that front when things took a cultish turn, and any part of the family dynamic they may have had was gone. Eventually, they left that house too.

A few years later and now they were here, standing with a few other Badlanders. Their attention shifted from the topic of conversation to the stranger, but before they could say anything Gabriel was stepping forward. He was too nice for his own good. Cat followed him, hovering just behind the boy's shoulder, waiting for the stranger to answer.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 02/26/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 02/23/39 ⇥ Attended Hayley and Jackson's wedding
⇥ 02/17/39 ⇥ Had a heart to heart with Molly and Gavril
⇥ 02/15/39 ⇥ Visited Michael in Flintlock
⇥ 02/14/39 ⇥ Hosted a Valentine's day party
⇥ 02/11/39 ⇥ Got drunk
⇥ 02/07/39 ⇥ Reunited with Susie

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Essentially taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission