Author Topic: FALLING joining  (Read 118 times)

Offline CASSIUS

• View Profile
FALLING joining
« on: March 02, 2019, 01:22:25 AM »
CALL IT A NIGHT, AND WE'LL GO TO BED,
AND THINK ABOUT HOW WE'RE HAPPIEST DEAD
&&
TW: Animal violence, mentions of gore especially in the 3rd paragraph.
He'd been told to go West. So he'd gone west alright, west until he'd felt as though there was no more west left to go and even THEN he'd managed to go further west. So, here he was, at the end of his fuckin' west rope. "What the hell..." Cassius grumbled, staring at what was nearing him. This wasn't a mountain, there was no ice. What had happened about the cold place he'd been so promised? God, Cassius just wanted a frickin' cup of water that wasn't lukewarm for once in his life.

"I knew that lizard was full of bullshit." With a sigh, Cassius slowed Horse, and began his meander to the axolotl terrarium. Lovely creatures, so happy looking - and Cassius found that they were easier to read than the rest. Perhaps it was preference, perhaps his eyesight was failing. A pale one with gold eyes caught his attention - it'd lived a lovely life, and Cassius was in need of careful guidance.

Now, where was he? Pulling the mother-of-pearl knife out of its sheath near the door, Cassius dispatched the animal quickly as he got outside (away from where the animals could see). Peering at the insides was a careful study, but Cassius was well-trained, he'd spent years practicing now. "Snow. The hell do you mean by snow?" Either Cassius was hallucinating heavily that he was indeed, in the middle of a hill that lead to a quaint coast, or his animals were off their respective rockers.

The reading completed, Cassius paused before he continued his story by feeding the remains to Dog. Dog was a hungry fellow, and being cooped up in the room for so long was making his wings tired - Cassius could tell by the glint of his brown eyes, and the way his talons gripped a little too hard on Cassius' hand. Well, it wasn't like he could let Dog free now, they were traveling, and Dog wasn't that good at following directions Cassius would give. Apparently, hawks didn't understand the concept of West.

Closing the door behind him, Cassius stared into the sky, an expression of annoyance on his face as he glared at the glare the sun was shooting him. Sun, beach, he had a snowball's chance of finding any ice here. Huffing, Cassius rubbed his temples, slowly meandering to his seat in the front of his caravan. Beach, who the hell would be living at a beach?
IN HEAVEN
[ EVERYTHING IS FINE ]
HARUSPEX | THE HANGED MAN | INFO

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: FALLING joining
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 08:01:31 PM »
C
atalyst

They had a pretty nice view from their house, able to see parts of the city and keep an eye on things. But only parts of the city, most of the view was of the ocean, of the waves and the sky and the beach. It was no wonder that Molly liked sipping her tea outside on the balcony, weather permitting. That's where they were now, actually, mother and child, the former pouring her third cup of tea while the latter finished their first.

Then something caught Cat's eye, a shape on the beach maybe half a mile out. "Stay here." They told Molly, setting their tea down on the little table before going inside, then down and out. "I need a patrol together, now." They announced, striding through the streets and heading down onto the beach. They didn't pay much attention to the people that joined them, just marched onwards until they could make out the shape of Cassius and his little caravan. "Hey!" Cat called, crossing their arms over their chest. "You're on the Badlands' territory. You some kind of trader?" They eyed the bird on his arm, the wagon behind him. A weird person, but merchants sometimes were.

//sorry for the late response!

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 02/26/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 02/23/39 ⇥ Attended Hayley and Jackson's wedding
⇥ 02/17/39 ⇥ Had a heart to heart with Molly and Gavril
⇥ 02/15/39 ⇥ Visited Michael in Flintlock
⇥ 02/14/39 ⇥ Hosted a Valentine's day party
⇥ 02/11/39 ⇥ Got drunk
⇥ 02/07/39 ⇥ Reunited with Susie

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Essentially taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

YOU GOT ME COMING BACK FOR MORE
I'VE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 10:34:36 PM »
GABRIEL GRIFFIN
WEEP, LITTLE LION MAN, YOU'RE NOT AS BRAVE AS YOU WERE AT THE START.
"I need a patrol together, now."

Uh oh, that did not sound good. Usually there would be organized patrols for the mornings, afternoons, and late afternoons, but for Catalyst to be calling for one on the spot? Something must have been happening.

Gabriel sported a slight frown as he turned over his shoulder to see the Boss heading down towards the beach. A twinge of hesitation sprouted in his gut; did he comply and follow them? Did he remain here and avoid any trouble? The former Officer huffed through his nostrils, now figuring that he should go along. He had already probably frustrated Catalyst enough this week by stepping down from his position, so the least he could do was help them with tasks such as this.

So, the teenager walked towards the beach as well, eyes darting about for any signs of trespassers or danger. He turned around a corner and saw that Cat was confronting a stranger, and what an odd sight it was. There was a full-on caravan, something Gabriel had never seen before. The sight was intimidating to say the least; what was in there? What was this man moving? The boy pursed his lips and slowed his pace, keeping a reasonable distance from the scene not close enough to be butting in but standing by just in case anything arose.

OFFICER OF THE BADLANDS / CLICK FOR BIOGRAPHY
☾*: I MISS THE TASTE OF A SWEETER LIFE
I MISS THE CONVERSATIONS

Offline CASSIUS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 02:18:34 PM »
CALL IT A NIGHT, AND WE'LL GO TO BED,
AND THINK ABOUT HOW WE'RE HAPPIEST DEAD
&&
The tense way Dog gripped Cassius' arm seemed to hint at something else. Perhaps it was the superior vision of the bird that sensed danger on the horizon and was instinctively clinging to whatever was steady, preparing for liftoff; perhaps it was how Cassius and Dog were slowly, yet surely drifting apart and Dog was imagining what it'd be like to sink his claws into the old, old man; or perhaps Dog was just annoyed that such a small offering of a common meal was currently beginning to digest.

Whatever it was, Cassius was moments away from reprimanding the bird when thankfully, he caught a glimpse of a small group moving towards him. Oh, great. Just what he needed, he was in the wrong place, the stars were out of alignment, his back was killing him, and Dog was being a bastard in his own right. Narrowing his eyes as the leader drew closer, Cassius strained to watch their lips as they spoke, because the wind was so heavy. The wind always seemed to be heavy, especially when he was trying to talk to people, so heavy that he was unable to hear himself speak. Perhaps this should've been his warning that there was something else at play than wind, but Cassius was neither an audiologist or self-aware enough to realize that as his body decayed, so did his hearing.

"You're on the Badlands territory. You some kind of traitor?"

Traitor? Stiffening at the insult, Cassius' eyes went cold, half-tempted to try and send Dog at the person's eyes. It wouldn't have worked of course, Dog didn't listen to anything Cassius said, let alone a threat to maim some rando's face when Dog had clearly just eaten.

"LISTEN HERE, BASTARD," Cassius was positive the wind was at hurricane-esque speeds high above, perhaps the caravan was giving them respite from the heavy wind, because Cassius sure as hell couldn't feel any wind. Either way, his voice rose high, making sure that everyone (including himself) could hear him. As a young man, he'd had some practice in the theatre, and now, his projection skills were finally working for him. "IF YOU THINK IT'S RIGHT TO WALK UP TO ANY OLD JOE AND ACCUSE THEM OF BEING A TRAITOR, I HAVE SOME NEWS FOR YOU! I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE BANDITORY IS, AND I DON'T CARE TO!" Narrowing his eyes suspiciously, Cassisus paused. "IN FACT, HOW DO I KNOW YOU'RE NOT A TRAITOR, HUH? BANDITORY...." He sighed.

"THE AXOLOTL TOLD ME TO GO WEST, WHERE THERE'D BE ICE. THERE'S NO FUCKIN' ICE AROUND HERE PAL, SO SOMEONE BETTER HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO." Whether the last words were directed to Cat, or the walking fish inside, nobody quite knew.
IN HEAVEN
[ EVERYTHING IS FINE ]
HARUSPEX | THE HANGED MAN | INFO

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 12:36:00 AM »
C
atalyst

Well that was not what they were anticipating.

They raised their eyebrows, squinting over at the old man as he yelled at them, most of it making not a lick of sense. When Cassius finished, they turned calmly to Gabe. "I think I've just gone deaf." The calmness, the vague friendliness, it faded away when they turned back to Cassius. "I said trader. I'm asking if you're a merchant, a seller. I never said anything about banditory, I said you're on the Badlands territory. As in, this place, is the Badlands." They rubbed their temples. "You're the one that's got explaining to do, because you've not said one thing that makes sense."

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 03/03/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 03/03/39 ⇥ Took over Northstar District
⇥ 02/23/39 ⇥ Attended Hayley and Jackson's wedding
⇥ 02/17/39 ⇥ Had a heart to heart with Molly and Gavril
⇥ 02/15/39 ⇥ Visited Michael in Flintlock
⇥ 02/14/39 ⇥ Hosted a Valentine's day party
⇥ 02/11/39 ⇥ Got drunk

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Essentially taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

YOU GOT ME COMING BACK FOR MORE
I'VE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 11:25:52 PM »
The sudden yelling had been unexpected, to say the least. Like Catalyst, he was also taken aback by the man's words, and his blue eyes visibly widened. What... in the world was he rambling on about? Cat hadn't called him a traitor... nor was this place called the "banditory". In response to the Boss, Gabe murmured, "I think he might be the one that's gone deaf..." Therefore, it wasn't exactly his fault for misunderstanding them.

The teenager cleared his throat and addressed, "Uh... there's no ice here." There was no sarcasm present in his tone, as he was just trying to simply inform the ranting man. He remained calm, exhaling through his nostrils as he proceeded to gesture towards the east, "If you're looking for snow, you need to go past the mountains." This climate was far too "beachy" to maintain proper snowfall, at least from what Gabriel had seen so far, but the mountain pass was filled with powder.
☾*: I MISS THE TASTE OF A SWEETER LIFE
I MISS THE CONVERSATIONS