Author Topic: teen idle | joining, o.  (Read 145 times)

Offline ANGEL.

• View Profile
teen idle | joining, o.
« on: March 04, 2019, 09:09:22 PM »
tw mention of death, injury, blood.

Kimberly Bennett had been her first friend.

In fact, Angelica could go as far as to say she'd idolized Kimberly Bennett.. She was the first, real human she'd interacted with outside of her mother and two sisters and well— no, that's not particularly the truth. She's interacted with the men that her mother trades with from time to time, briefly exchanged words with the men whose eyes engulfed her and her sisters like they were prey, their next meals, but none of them had been quite the same as Kimberly Bennett. She'd been the first person who'd taken her in just after her mother died, the mobile home full of memories of her mother and sisters— from games to education the best her mother could teach— being lost in the flames.

Angel only knows Kimberly for a few months, but it don't take long for her to become familiar. Her facial features are soft like her sisters, though her interior was a tough as her mother's. Despite the familiarity, she was also modernist, she wore dresses snatched from the rack of Forever21, always seemed to have a sucker lolled in her mouth, and the last thing Angel learned, perhaps far too late is that she didn't mind going out of her way to claim what's hers. Even if it means betraying her best friend in the process, taking her by surprise with a bunch'a other bitches who'd rather loot malls rather than the local communities for food, who'd rather steal and risk the probability of enemies rather than sensibly learning their way around the black market, who'd rather torture for the sake of torture than under the necessity of survival.

Nineteen years old, and before her mother's, she'd seen a dead body once. That side of town was recognized for its unpredictability, but until then her mother dwelled on the risks in fear of what would happen if she left three of her girls alone. That was until it happened, a war due to a deal gone bad and Angel had been the closest witness, blood splattering on her favorite pair of overalls at the time. Her mother was next and then, it should have been desensitizing to the way Kimberly Bennett handled the sometimes innocent men who'd been enthralled in her beauty, who had no other reason to believe that they should trust her. Don't get her wrong, What started as a strategical tactic to steal, became a murderous rampage and in the beginning, in desperation to keep their friendship, Angel obliged.

But she was never one to do that for long.

She wears the scar to prove it, a slit on her throat where Kimberly Bennett the bitch prays she got rid of her. She'd gotten what she wanted, the crown. It was no longer a necessity she'd share. Instead, she can go about searching for those pair of Vans she'd whine about for decades, send out search teams just for that, and even the girls who'd liked Angel would have no other choice but to do as they're told. They're desperate for leadership and promised protection and after all, Kimberly Bennett had been Angel's most trusted partner in crime, right? Angel knows she's not invincible. Going back only serves as her death wish and so, she's on her way with no particular destination in sight. She almost looks despicable: mascara smeared on her face, hair in pigtails beginning to knot, and that gnarly wound on her throat, blood staining what used to be Kimberly's dress.

She had to get a bath. Get changed. And as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 04:31:02 AM by ANGEL. »
i'm that bad type, make your momma sad type info

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: teen idle | joining, o.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 12:26:27 AM »
C
atalyst

//tw for mentions of death/murder and injury

Their first friend had been named Susie. They'd been friends for many years, and for those years she had been their rock; kept them sane as they sank deeper and deeper into a cult. She reminded them that they were human, that the weight of the world didn't rest on their shoulders. There were times they weren't entirely sure that her betrayal was real or imagined, if their suspicion about her intentions towards them had been realistic or pure paranoia. In any case, they were glad their friendship with her was over. They weren't sure where they'd be if it hadn't. And they liked where they were.

Someone that had filled up two closets with their clothes couldn't argue that their fashion wasn't important to them. And Cat wouldn't; they liked their clothes better than most people, and they had a distinctive style that made them easy to recognize. But Cat wasn't going to forgo a meal just for the sake of looking good - they weren't that fugging vain.

They were ten when they saw their first body, someone in the Young Rogues had done what, well, the older members tended to do. They had stared at it for a long minute before they were ushered away. Later, as a teenager, they'd see much more death, and be the cause of a substantial part of it. That was when they were fifteen and on, and it got to the point where they were largely desensitized to it. It came with the job. It was part of being Catalyst.

They didn't have to like it.

The girl that approaches the border is a mess. There was no denying it, but honestly, being clean in this world was harder than it used to be and based on the wound on her neck, she had other things she was worried about. "This is the Badlands." They announced as they walked over to her. "What are you doing here?" The words themselves may not have been especially friendly, though their tone sort of was. About as friendly as someone who didn't need every finger on the hand to count how many friends they'd had in their life could be.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 03/03/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 03/03/39 ⇥ Took over Northstar District
⇥ 02/23/39 ⇥ Attended Hayley and Jackson's wedding
⇥ 02/17/39 ⇥ Had a heart to heart with Molly and Gavril
⇥ 02/15/39 ⇥ Visited Michael in Flintlock
⇥ 02/14/39 ⇥ Hosted a Valentine's day party
⇥ 02/11/39 ⇥ Got drunk

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Essentially taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

I've been defeated I begged for what I needed
I suffered now I'm ready for war

Offline ANGEL.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 09:17:13 PM »
Badlands. As if that couldn't be any more conspicuous.

One might have reeled in their fear, others might have laughed and well— had she been in a better predicament, she sure as hell would've— but instead, she's intrigued. The Badlands. Had she heard of it? Perhaps. This hadn't been the first time she'd find herself so close to the coast, hadn't been the first time she'd be this close to thrusting her toes in the sand, feeling the saline air prickle her tongue. It'd been here that she and the girls had been once, and Angel found out that she could tan while Kimberly Bennett turned a flustered rose red. But that was beside the point, the point was Kimberly said there'd been a group not too off from them. Step a little further, and they could have stumbled onto it. Had the Badlands been it?

There's nothing intimidating about them at the least— that's not to say they weren't, however. Angel has never been good at registering things that should be considered threatening. Not leaders of groups, pimps in the streets, nor individuals seven feet taller than her. She isn't irritable to say at the least, but she does wish that she wasn't stumbling upon another group's territory at the moment. She had no time for negotiation, the long process it takes to join. She had to strip herself from betrayal— literally— wipe her face, and get into something more comfortable if that were possible. At this point, she doesn't mind settling in a onesie if it served its purpose. ( Which is saying much, as she hates those )

"Look at me," Is all that she says. Her voice is not exasperated, bitter, just quiet. She strides forward, stopping just short of the border dividing the two of them. Her feet is bare, as she's disposed of the heels she'd been wearing days before. Causing chaos in heels, getting blisters in heels, that'd always been Kimberly's facade. Angel had always had preference of sneakers, even if she had to fall short of disdainful ones. And if that wasn't an option? Well, bare feet had to do. "Usually I'm better with first impressions." She extends a hand to close the distance between stranger and leader. She notes how young they look to be one, but that seemed to be the norm as far as she could tell. "Angel."
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 09:21:52 PM by ANGEL. »
i'm that bad type, make your momma sad type info

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 06:38:12 PM »
C
atalyst

Everyone always seemed to poke fun at the name, give Cat looks as if they're the one that picked it out. They hadn't, it had been called the Badlands long before they joined. Sure, they had the ability to change it if they wanted to, but they didn't. Even if they did, they had no ideas for a new name, as they weren't an especially creative individual. Not when it came to things like that, anyway.

She strides closer, making the difference in their heights all the more apparent. They had to bow their head in order to examine the injury on her neck more closely - it was more recent than they had thought, perhaps a few days. They glanced down at her bare feet; if they were to guess she had lost her shoes a little more recently than she'd gotten hurt, though perhaps it happened at the same time. "You're here for help." They looked at her hand for a long moment, then shook it. They weren't such an apocalypse-baby that they weren't educated on the manners of polite society; between Molly and Derick they couldn't get away with not observing them at least sometimes.

"I'm sure you are." They say, filing her name away along with the mental image of her filthy face. "Catalyst. We help our own, so if you're looking for kindness for nothing, you'll have to keep moving." There were two openings in there, if she was able to spot them and use them, one for joiners and one for those that could pay for the help that they got.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 03/06/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 03/03/39 ⇥ Took over Northstar District
⇥ 02/23/39 ⇥ Attended Hayley and Jackson's wedding
⇥ 02/17/39 ⇥ Had a heart to heart with Molly and Gavril
⇥ 02/15/39 ⇥ Visited Michael in Flintlock
⇥ 02/14/39 ⇥ Hosted a Valentine's day party

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Essentially taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission