Author Topic: * chaotic evil / breaking a window  (Read 150 times)

* chaotic evil / breaking a window
« on: March 06, 2019, 11:17:19 PM »
Unbeknownst to most if not, everyone Gabriel enjoyed sports a great deal. When you were ten years old with no one to play with but your six-year old sister, who was far more interested staying inside and playing with her dolls, a boy turned to the outdoors for entertainment. Well, at least Gabe had. And, since he had not been allowed to roam outside of the yard surrounding his house, he only had athletics to depend on. While his father had taught him the basics of handling basketballs and soccer balls, most of the time he had just spent hours outside dribbling them and learning new tricks.

It had been a long while since Gabriel had messed around with a soccer ball, but when he finally managed to get his hands on one, he spent the whole morning playing in the barren streets like a kid again. He had set up a makeshift goal on one side of the street and kicked the ball into it time after time, quickly unearthing the skills he had acquired years ago. He even started performing tricks, such as the heel pop in which he popped the ball from his two feet, sending it upward into the air behind him.

He had started to get a little cocky now, evident as he dribbled the ball between his feet and around the street until he set his eyes on the goal. Gabriel sent a swift kick to the ball, sending it flying into the air and far past the netting until it barrelled into an old shop window. The glass, already battered and cracked enough, hadn't enough strength to withstand the ball's impact.

It completely shattered, and all of the glass bits fell to the ground.

Gabriel froze in place, jaw dropped as he tried to fathom what had just happened. He broke a whole window! He felt a sinking feeling weighing his stomach, as if he were a child anticipating a scolding for breaking a vase or ornament. Hopefully that shop hadn't held any meaning to anybody or anything, because he doubted the window would ever be fully repaired as long as there were no glassmakers around.
LIKE A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
I WILL LAY ME DOWN

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: * chaotic evil / breaking a window
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 07:35:31 PM »
C
atalyst

Catalyst had never been involved in any sports. Back when they were more likely to take an interest in it, when they were younger and the neighborhood kids would kick around a ball down the cracked street, they'd never been given the opportunity to participate. The others hadn't wanted them around, and after a while they had stopped trying and lost any interest they might have had, and it never came back.

They hadn't been watching what Gabriel was doing, they weren't even in a position to. They heard the crash and the shattering, however, and it was enough to draw them over. They raised an eyebrow as they glanced around, sort of surprised to see the boy staring agape at his handiwork. It took a moment for the Boss to settle on a response. "Well you fugged that up pretty good, didn't you?"

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 03/06/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 03/03/39 ⇥ Took over Northstar District
⇥ 02/23/39 ⇥ Attended Hayley and Jackson's wedding
⇥ 02/17/39 ⇥ Had a heart to heart with Molly and Gavril
⇥ 02/15/39 ⇥ Visited Michael in Flintlock
⇥ 02/14/39 ⇥ Hosted a Valentine's day party

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Essentially taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

I've been defeated I begged for what I needed
I suffered now I'm ready for war

Offline body.

• male
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 06:12:03 PM »
Baumann has no business snooping like he is right now. He's only a stranger, and surely the people of this town wouldn't appreciate him sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. This particular shop had intrigued him only because of how run-down and decrepit it looked compared to the others along the street. It almost reminded him of his clinic, which itself had originally been an old dress shop. Maybe he could set up shop here. Well, he won't, but it's a thought...

A ball whizzes past his face and completely decimates the window he'd been peering through. Baumann turns sharply on his heel to find a young boy, mouth agape, quite clearly the culprit. He looks as if he's expecting some kind of reprimand. The glass scattered at his feet crunches when he steps forward, haphazardly reaching through the window to fetch the ball. The remaining glass still jutting from the frame catches on his sleeve and adds to the multitude of tears and holes in his jacket (not that he cares; it's seen better days.)

Cradling the ball under one arm, free hand shoved into his pocket, he approaches Gabriel and the other teen that had apparently come to investigate. He doesn't smile, but his tone is not unkind. "Impressive," he remarks. "You could have taken my head clean off with that." He casts another glance at the destroyed window. "Don't look so scared. It was an accident, yes? No big deal."

Before he hands the ball back to Gabriel, he turns it over in his hands. There's nothing interesting about it, it just sparks some memory. He was never a big football fan when he was younger. His friends and family would always get so up in arms over it, but he never got what was so special about football. He was more of a tennis type of guy. Without saying anything else, he offers Gabriel the ball. So much for setting up shop.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 11:12:20 AM by BAUMANN. »

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 07:38:56 PM »
Catalyst's presence here was less than comforting, knowing that the Boss had just witnessed Gabe practically vandalize a building... albeit not purposefully. He had looked just as surprised as they were, if not more. He whipped his gaze over in their direction, the words tumbling out of his mouth shakily, "I... I didn't mean to..." Would he be scolded for this? Punished, even? Gabriel hoped not, but these days, he didn't know what to expect from the Boss.

To make matters worse, he had nearly hit someone as well. What had he been thinking? Gabriel grimaced as Baumann picked up his soccer ball and offered it out to him. He was being lenient about it, which did a little to reassure Gabriel, but he still graciously accepted his ball back. "I'm really sorry about that." He apologized, genuinity thick in his tone. The teenager turned his head slowly back to look at the broken window. "I hope that shop didn't mean anything to anybody." He would assume not, as there were really no businesses to own in the apocalyptic world, but he could never be sure. Perhaps someone lived there, or perhaps the shop held special meaning to someone. Although it was likely abandoned anyways, he still felt guilty about committing such an act. He had never done something of this magnitude before. He knew that, had he broken one of the windows back home, he would have gotten into trouble for sure.
LIKE A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
I WILL LAY ME DOWN

Offline body.

• male
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 08:46:28 PM »
Joseph's eyes grow wide. Oh, that hadn't helped, judging by the growing look of shame on Gabriel's face. He isn't mad at all, not one bit - so long as it was an accident, he couldn't possibly be angry. Not like he would have minded having his head swiped off, though it is quite a gruesome way to go. "No, it's fine! My head is still on." Barely, he would say.

He throws a look towards Catalyst, hoping they aren't in the mood to dish out any unnecessary punishments. Hopefully Gabriel will know to clean up the mess he made, but God-willing, that's as far as it goes. He doesn't mean to be so judgmental, however there's a certain air of cruelty to them that makes him think the consequences might be too harsh. "It can be boarded up, yes?" he asks them with a cock of his head.

"It can be fixed easily," he says to Gabriel. "It was falling apart anyways..."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 11:10:47 AM by BAUMANN. »

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 06:08:52 PM »

//tw for mentions of violence

They had done well in cultivating their persona, making people think that if they put a toe out of line, they'd cut it off. And yeah, in some cases, perhaps they would. Treachery wasn't something they tolerated, though they had done well enough that some people didn't seem to realize... They didn't give a fuck about most things. They were a hardass about a lot, but that was with the goal of not needing to be a hardass anymore. They didn't want to make threats, they didn't want to dole out punishments, they didn't want to have to do any of that. They were a lazy piece of shit like that.

They glanced back towards the window, drawing it out, not wanting to give a lenient verdict too quickly. Cat had always had a soft spot for Gabe, and they were pretty sure he knew that, but maybe he was doubting their bias after he stepped down and reverted back to the soft, kind boy he'd been before. Finally their blue eyes set on him once more. "Yeah. Board it up and I'll call it good." As if a broken window on some random abandoned shop was enough to get them all that worked up.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 03/12/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 03/12/39 ⇥ Took Jeremy to Northstar and tortured him
⇥ 03/09/39 ⇥ Was stabbed by Mike
⇥ 03/03/39 ⇥ Took over Northstar District
⇥ 02/23/39 ⇥ Attended Hayley and Jackson's wedding

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Essentially taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission