Author Topic: this town without love [ open, introduction  (Read 55 times)

Offline abraham

• She/Her
    • View Profile
this town without love [ open, introduction
« on: March 12, 2019, 06:26:55 PM »
JUST REMEMBER NOT TO LOVE ME WHEN I DISAPPEAR | | |
It was getting dark, and it smelled like rain. Her new winter coat was wrapped tightly around her form, hood pulled over her head as she urged McDowell over the chipped, broken road. She'd been gone what, three weeks on a job? Not that she particularly cared about the Badlands; it was simply a place to hang her coat, when it came down to it.

The sun bathed the world in shifting colors as it sank over the horizon, lengthening and deepening the shadows as Abraham rode into town. Things were relatively quiet this evening, which she was thankful for; while it would've been... Interesting, to arrive during some sort of big event she was plenty happy to return under the cover of darkness.

She went to the stables first, feeling exhaustion seep into her bones as she unstrapped the saddle and pulled it off McDowell's back. Abraham let a long sigh escape her and pressed her face into the horse's neck, wanting nothing more than to curl up on the hay underfoot and sleep for a week straight.

"Night, seeya tomorrow buddy." Abraham finally said, stepping back and rubbing the horse's neck comfortingly. She exited the stall, and started walking back towards the entrance while contemplating if she could get away with passing out in one of the empty stalls. It'd probably be really stupid, but gods was it tempting.

There'd probably be squatters at her house anyways, and it's not like anybody really gave a shit. There were plenty of empty stalls. Ugh, I need more impulse control. Abraham thought as she found an empty stall and sprawled out on a pile of thankfully clean hay.

The next morning she woke with a headache pounding like she'd been drinking - she hadn't been, but apparently her body didn't know that - and the next thing she noticed was someone leaning over the stall door, looking down at her. She grimaced at them, sitting up and shaking the hay from her hair.

"Mornin'." Abraham huffed.
I've been you, &
I know you, &
Your faηade is a scam &
(IC Opinions)
And you were divine

Offline 𝐆𝐀𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐋

• ‘ 童子 ’
    • View Profile
Re: this town without love [ open, introduction
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 07:01:04 PM »
Now, normally Gabriel respected the boundaries of other people and didn't intrude on their business, but once he caught a glimpse of someone sleeping in the hay? He could not simply ignore it. He had not planned on observing the woman for long, and would have just simply moved on if she continued in her slumber, but she had awoken and met his gaze directly. Thankfully, she hadn't yelled at him or anything, but had instead nonchalantly greeted him where she laid. "Uhh, hi." Gabriel responded, eyebrows slowly knitting together in confusion.

He hesitated for a moment, pursing his lips and slightly cocking his head. Surely, Abraham knew the reason why the situation was so curious to him. Most people chose to sleep in, y'know, a house. Not that he would blame her if she simply fell asleep here, but it was not the most comfortable place to lay in. At least it didn't seem like it. "... Why are you sleeping in here?" Gabriel asked.
☾*: I MISS THE TASTE OF A SWEETER LIFE
I MISS THE CONVERSATIONS

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 09:00:32 PM »
C
atalyst

They didn't think they could really say they respected the personal boundaries of others when they had once read someone else's diary aloud for anyone to hear without the author's knowledge or consent. There were still some lines they wouldn't cross, but it was too late for them to argue that they weren't a nosy piece of shit. Well, they'd had their reasons for going through Sheogorath's things - the man was missing and they were trying to find some clue as to where he'd gone - and for doing their little dramatic reading. Okay, their reasons for the latter weren't as good as the first, but if Sheo wanted to leave a paper trail of his treachery and leave it unguarded, what did he expect?

They should be resting. They knew that. They shouldn't be doing any unnecessary tasks or anything, but here they were, making the rounds through the city. They wouldn't be defeated by this, or let it change what they did. Cat was pretty sure if she wasn't where they had gotten their stubbornness, Molly would have made sure they didn't leave bedrest.

The stables weren't normally somewhere they went into, but today they glanced inside and saw Gabriel there, looking into a stall and talking. Alright, what the hell. They headed in, arms already folded in front of them. They arrived in time to hear the last thing he said, and glanced over to see Abraham. "Good question, Gabe. Why does she prefer horseshit to a bed?"

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 03/09/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 03/09/39 ⇥ Was stabbed by Mike
⇥ 03/03/39 ⇥ Took over Northstar District
⇥ 02/23/39 ⇥ Attended Hayley and Jackson's wedding
⇥ 02/17/39 ⇥ Had a heart to heart with Molly and Gavril

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Essentially taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

YOU GOT ME COMING BACK FOR MORE
I'VE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE

Offline abraham

• She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 02:09:53 PM »
JUST REMEMBER NOT TO LOVE ME WHEN I DISAPPEAR | | |
Ah, Gabriel; she didn't know him too well, but she'd seen him around enough to know he wasn't a dick like most other Badlanders. That didn't mean she particularly cared for the boy, but she saw no reason to purposefully antagonize him. She stretched as he spoke, eventually standing up and carding her fingers through her hair to pull out the last loose bits of hay.

She opened her mouth to respond, when she saw the oh so gracious leader of this place. Catalyst; someone she ought not to cross, but they made it so damn easy acting all high and mighty all the time. They were the type of person borne from blood and fire, while she'd built herself by crawling out of the mud and rubble like any other respectable person here.

"Mhm, so you're saying I wouldn't notice a difference if I'd slept in your bed instead of this stall last night?" Abraham retorted, letting a lazy grin stretch over her features. Like a lioness awoken from a long slumber, her movements were slow but graceful as she leaned against the stall door and looked out at Gabe and Cat.

"I got back late last night and I was tired, hay's comfortable enough to spend the night on." Abraham did give them an explanation, though the validity of her statement was... Questionable at best. "Now, what's the welcome wagon doing prodding at lil old me? I didn't take either of you as equestrians."
I've been you, &
I know you, &
Your faηade is a scam &
(IC Opinions)
And you were divine

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 07:06:07 PM »
————
————
————
————
————

They weren't born in blood and fire. They were born in darkness, in emptiness. A pitch black hospital room with a confused staff. Surely though, the blood and fire would come later. A swipe of a knife colored by consequence, the heat before the ash. There was fire in them, something that was burning and burning and burning, but on the outside they were as cold and hard as the ice of their pale blue eyes. When they bled, it was red, not the gold or the black that they might wish you believed. They could fantasize about being Fate's Chosen One, but at the end of the day, they were the same as anyone else.  And they too had dragged themself out of rubble and mud, because they weren't invincible. They weren't immune to getting knocked down to rock bottom. They had dragged themself out, up, and to the top.

Cat's brows quirk upward at her response. "Actually, I asked why you preferred horseshit to a bed. I didn't say you couldn't tell the difference, though if you'd been in my bed you would definitely know the difference." Not that that would ever actually happen; somehow they ended up only wanting one specific person in their bed. They still weren't entirely sure how that had happened. "I'm not, but I like to keep an eye on everything that goes on around here. Including in here."

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 03/12/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 03/12/39 ⇥ Took Jeremy to Northstar and tortured him
⇥ 03/09/39 ⇥ Was stabbed by Mike
⇥ 03/03/39 ⇥ Took over Northstar District
⇥ 02/23/39 ⇥ Attended Hayley and Jackson's wedding

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Essentially taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission