Author Topic: 〚 you sent me paper flowers ∶ open, flintlock visitors 〛  (Read 44 times)

Offline HAYLEY

• View Profile
tw for mention of a death/murder

☁  she knew what they were thinking. the half dozen people she'd brought along that remained behind her upon their horses, watching her with veiled concern, clearly worried about her emotional well being. the day before, hardly twenty-four hours before, she'd watched her husband be brutally murdered, and now the brunette sat atop her horse, shotgun slung over her shoulder as always, shoulders squared and chin high, the picture of calm.

the only thing that might give away something had happened was the wedding ring no longer around her finger, instead tucked away in her pocket, and the fact that jackson wasn't within the group behind her. he was her right hand, her closest confidant, and he was typically present in every one of these diplomatic meetings. now, he was nowhere to be seen. she sat at the head of the group, face flat and guarded, lacking the sometimes forced warmth that she always brought to the table in these sort of interactions.

she sat there, hands on tucker's reins, eyes trained on the horizon, just feet from the border, waiting patiently for some sign of life. if no one came by soon, she figured they'd move in a little bit, and so on until they found someone; the district hadn't carried much news for some time, and she wanted to check in on where they stood.
bite off an apple right from your fridge
come here and taste it right off my lips

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: 〚 you sent me paper flowers ∶ open, flintlock visitors 〛
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 02:40:17 PM »

//tw for mentions of injuries

They wouldn't claim to know Hayley all that well. No, such a claim would be foolish, they'd seen her on what, five occasions or so? But even at the grimmest they had seen her, she hadn't looked like this. Something had happened, what, they weren't sure. But something had definitely happened. Jackson. Where was he? They'd hardly seen her without her husband. Maybe he was running things at the Lodge, maybe things weren't as bad as the look on her face hinted at.

Cat wasn't in as good of shape as they had been the last time they saw each other, at the wedding. Some of it was visible, the bandage on their cheek that they hadn't wanted but others had insisted on. Others were not, like the bandages swathing their abdomen under their clothes. Those they had welcomed. But for all the damage that their body had sustained in recent days, their expression was more or less what it always was.

"Hayley. What brings you here?" They paused, debating on whether or not they should comment on or ask about the state she seemed to be in. "What happened?"

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 03/12/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 03/12/39 ⇥ Took Jeremy to Northstar and tortured him
⇥ 03/09/39 ⇥ Was stabbed by Mike
⇥ 03/03/39 ⇥ Took over Northstar District
⇥ 02/23/39 ⇥ Attended Hayley and Jackson's wedding

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Essentially taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it
YOU GOT ME COMING BACK FOR MORE
I'VE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE

Offline HAYLEY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 03:30:50 PM »
☁  when catalyst approached, to say hayley was caught off guard would be an understatement, though her expression didn't waver a bit. it hadn't wavered when she'd put her husband to rest, and seeing the badlander traipsing about on northstar soil wasn't nearly as disturbing, though she couldn't help the way one brow quirked on flat features, eyes still flat and emotionless, lips pressed into an ever present frown.

❝i apologize if i'm not all smiles and diplomacy, i'm afraid i'm newly widowed, but that's not why i'm here. the northstar district doesn't exactly care about my marital status. i'm here to talk about the relationship between the district and the lodge, make a truce so you might expect my surprise to find you meandering about their land.❞ as she spoke about losing jackson, she slipped off of the horse, shotgun forever slung over her shoulder, though one hand held the stock to steady it. while it was still technically winter, she she wore only a sleeveless black shirt, features pink tinged from the heat adjustment to the district's territory. ❝so, catalyst, what am i missing here?❞ she inquired, motioning to the territory before her with a flourish of her hand. a takeover wasn't her first thought; an attack was. had she just walked into the quietest warzone? somewhere along the list, between a friendly visit and a trading trip, a takeover was present, but she couldn't see any real benefit to taking over the group on the badlands part.
bite off an apple right from your fridge
come here and taste it right off my lips

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 10:36:12 PM »

Oh shit. There it was, right there, no formalities, no beating around the bush. Jackson was dead. That startled them, the whole idea of Jackson being dead didn't seem like it could possibly be real. He'd been so... alive every time they had seen him, and now he was gone. "I'm sorry. You want something to drink?" They'd given Silas a great deal of grief about this when he had been here a few days prior, but he had barged in and demanded it. Not a great first impression, truth be told, and Cat actually liked Hayley well enough.

Ah, yes, right. Politics, the present situation. What she had come here for. "Well, we've got a bit of an arrangement with Northstar, and I'm effectively running things here. I guess it'd be fair to say that our truce extends to them, for the time being." This was never going to be a permanent situation, but for the time being, this is how things were. "I guess the nasty way to describe it would be an occupation."

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 03/19/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 03/16/39 ⇥ Adopted a baby girl
⇥ 03/12/39 ⇥ Took Jeremy to Northstar and tortured him
⇥ 03/09/39 ⇥ Was stabbed by Mike
⇥ 03/03/39 ⇥ Took over Northstar District

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
⇥ Adopted parent of Molly Valentina Darrow-Lupei (Mo)
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Very much taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it