Author Topic: I’ll make a million mistakes | open  (Read 80 times)

Offline gavril l.

• gavril "bats" lupei
  • ic opinions | @noccy
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
I’ll make a million mistakes | open
« on: March 15, 2019, 07:43:24 PM »
Immigrants,
we get the job done.   
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?
He was too persistent for this to go any other way. They couldn’t leave her, she would’ve died. He wondered why nobody spotted her when checking the area, but that was beside the point now. He won against Cat and she was here now. She was staying here and there wasn’t anyone could say about it.

A baby about a year old with ginger hair was rather contently in Gav’s arms, babbling to him and wiggling around. She couldn’t talk yet but she was quite the conversationalist. ”Hey, hey. Stay still okay? I’ll let you down soon.” he chuckled, completely hypnotized by the small human in his arms. She would continue to talk to him, looking around more as they walked into Badlands. Gav watched her, amused ”Like it? You live here now. We’ll take care of you okay? Nothing bad will happen to you.” he mumbled, kissing the top of her head. The unnamed girl didn’t seem to listen, but the ocean seemed to have her attention due to the noise it made.

”Cat” he muttered, wanting them to see how distracted she was by the ocean. Gav leaned over and kissed Cat’s cheek ”Thank you” he said softly, knowing they weren’t exactly on board with the idea of bringing her back with them at first. He was curious what the others would say, hoping they wouldn’t be against it because he sure as hell wasn’t arguing about it again. Not that it really mattered sincd Cat had said she could stay. Gav was basically a dad now, not where the thought he’d be at nineteen but he wasn’t too mad.

”Think Molly will like her?” he asked Cat, suddenly actually worried about what Molly would think when she met the almost toddler he held. He was quiet for a while afterwards, watching her and looking around as they walked, expecting to see someone any second now. Gav looked back to the child, who was not distracted by the ocean but now decided to talk to Cat. He grinned as he watched her babble to them, he then looked to Cat ”Want to hold her? She seems to want to talk to you now.”

//wait for Bryne to post with Cat pls
thes code

bio - inventory - pinterest - tags

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: I’ll make a million mistakes | open
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 02:24:05 PM »
————
————
————
————
————

They had been able to come up with several reasons why they couldn't take care of a baby. Unfortunately they hadn't been able to come up with any solutions, because leaving the baby for dead wasn't really an option, was it? And they didn't have anyone else that they could give her to, and... Gav already didn't like the idea of that. He wanted to keep her, and after pointing out all the ways they couldn't take care of a baby, Cat had finally relented and ordered her things be packed up and brought to the Badlands. It wasn't much, but it was more than they had.

They were walking beside him now, staying silent while he played with the baby. They paused when Gav said their name, glancing over at the baby as she babbled and reached a hand out to the ocean. They looked back up at Gav when he kissed their cheek, not really expecting it even though they probably should have. "We couldn't just leave her there." They muttered, glancing at the baby again.

"Molly likes kids, so I don't think the baby will have any problem." She'd probably just be more suspicious of where the hell they got a baby. "Uh," they said, glancing between the small human and Gav. "Okay?" They'd never actually held a baby before, so they were completely lost on how to do it. It should be simple, and Gav made it look easy but - it was a baby. They didn't want to drop her or something.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 03/12/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 03/12/39 ⇥ Took Jeremy to Northstar and tortured him
⇥ 03/09/39 ⇥ Was stabbed by Mike
⇥ 03/03/39 ⇥ Took over Northstar District
⇥ 02/23/39 ⇥ Attended Hayley and Jackson's wedding

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Essentially taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it
YOU GOT ME COMING BACK FOR MORE
I'VE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE

Offline ADDY.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 10:50:25 PM »

things hadn’t been particularly busy, for the redhead. then again, addy had always preferred it that way. people weren’t exactly his favorite; as a matter of fact, while most people craved attention, addy much preferred the exact opposite. let him be, for fuck’s sake. so yeah, a relatively slow and uneventful day didn’t mean much to the man. good fuckin’ thing for him, he supposed. though, the sight of gav and cat approaching, someone small in their arms. was that a--

“shit. where the hell did you find a baby?”

although not particularly worded the best for a child audience, he liked to think that it was a damn good question. another good question would probably be why gav and cat looked like a family with that baby in their arms -  were they going to be the ones taking care of it? because addy was definitely not going to be changing any kid’s diapers any time soon.

sauntering over to get a closer look at the kid. huh. looked like he wouldn’t be the only ginger hanging around here, anymore. and, while he hated adults - anyone relatively close to his age, anyone older - little children were a concept that he was slightly more welcoming towards. “she is pretty fuckin’ cute, i guess.” the nicest words addy would ever say out loud, ever, and he could swear by it.

&& bio && tags && plotting

Offline molly

• ᵐᵒᵗʰᵉʳˡʸ ᶠⁱᵍᵘʳᵉ ᵒᶠ
  • The Badlands
  • ( ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʙʀʏɴᴇ )
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 01:02:50 AM »
molly darrow

female

the badlands
No matter what happened, she would always love her child. That would never change, though they did vex her. Perhaps a little bit more than vex her. In her absence, they had become someone she never would have wanted them to become, and though they tried to hide it, she could tell. Some of it was big. Like the violence, the distance, the secrets and the lying. Those things tested their relationship constantly, but there were other things, things she wouldn't complain about because compared with the rest... it didn't matter. It wasn't about them or the terrible person they had become, it was about what she wanted. And she, as their mother, couldn't prioritize that.

But there was still some part of her that wished they would have children. Some selfish part of her that just wanted to be a grandmother, to get another chance to watch a child grow up and not just see the first part of it. Molly could never ask Cat to do something they clearly had no desire to do, just so she could be a grandmother. She knew very well how much it took to be a parent and if they didn't have it in them, she was glad they were aware of it and wouldn't be a lousy parent to some poor child that didn't ask to be born. No, if they weren't cut out for the job, it would be better for everyone if they didn't take it on.

That didn't mean she didn't secretly long for a grandchild to spoil.

It was okay, though, Cat was happy the way things were, with her and Gavril and the Badlands. That was what mattered. She was doing her best to live with the Badlands and all the horrid things they did, that her child in particular did; it wasn't easy but she was known for her stubbornness. She had lost them once. She wasn't about to lose them again.

Molly was sort of used to them doing strange things. Things that didn't make sense to her, but they did it with a certainty that reminded her of Austin and a stubbornness that reminded her of herself. Most of the things they did, she could wrap her head around given enough thought or context. But when some NPCs had barged in with a fucking crib, claiming that Cat wanted her to show them the spare room, that boggled her mind. It didn't occur to her that they might have a baby, not until she saw the child in their arms later.

But at the time, she had just been confused. The spare room wasn't really being used aside from Cat's second closet, so of course that's where something like a crib would go; but why was there a crib? And baby toys? And clothes? None of the NPCs were telling her anything, aside from they had Cat's orders to be doing it. Were they being tight lipped for a reason? There were a lot of things they could hide, a lot of things they could lie about, but not this. Not when she still technically lived there (even if she'd been spending some nights in what would be her new house to give Cat and Gav some privacy).

When the NPCs finished up bringing things in, she headed out to try and find them. It didn't take long, they were walking along the beach and... no, it couldn't be. That was a baby; Gav was passing her to Cat, who very clearly wasn't sure what they were doing. She strode over, hands on her hips. "Scott... What on earth?" Molly shot a glance at Addy, but he didn't seem to know what had happened prior to this either.

Offline gavril l.

• gavril "bats" lupei
  • ic opinions | @noccy
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 09:45:48 PM »
Immigrants,
we get the job done.   
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?
He smiled at Cat agreeing to hold the baby, moving their arms so they held her properly "Just like this...she may wiggle around but just hold her butt and make sure she doesn't fall over" he told them, pecking them on the cheek again "You'll be fine, just talk to her and she'll stay still" he muttered to them, grinning at the baby and giving her a kiss on the cheek as well.

His attention would then go to Addy and Molly as they both arrived. Gav raised an eyebrow as Addy spoke, sort of answering both him and Molly well more so Addy "Does it matter? She was alone so we brought her here." as far as Gav was concerned she was part of this group now. No matter what anyone wanted to say.   

Seeing as Molly was speaking to Cat, Gav would attempt to show Cat how they could hold the baby with one arm so they could focus talking to Molly. He would stand close to Cat, talking to the little one, getting a high pitched baby laugh out of her which made him grin. He was happy she was happy but also seemingly excited she laughed. He was listening to the conversation, but it was Molly...he'd rather let Cat talk to her.

//it bad but here it be
thes code

bio - inventory - pinterest - tags