Author Topic: Northstar District leader tryouts  (Read 442 times)

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
Northstar District leader tryouts
« on: April 03, 2019, 08:58:27 PM »
Heyo potatoes! As the title suggests, Northstar District is going to have leader tryouts! Due to the group’s activity, the staff team is mainly looking for those who are active and dedicated to ND. Once you fill out the form and post below, feel free to start posting with your character!

At the moment, ND is taken over by the Badlands, however this is temporary; once the staff team has decided on a leader, the new leader will have to work with @Bryne to decide how the takeover will end. This will end in two weeks.

Code: [Select]
[b]Username:[/b] text
[b]Activity/Muse:[/b] text
[b]Character Name:[/b] text
[b]Short Character Blurb:[/b] text
[b]Ideas/Plans You Have:[/b] text
hootowls ( /ho͞ot-ouls/ )
1.) owl city is love
2.) tom holland fanatic

Offline Bryne

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
Re: Northstar District leader tryouts
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 11:11:26 PM »
trackalackin
in city, i feel my spirit is contained, like neon inside the glass, they form my brain, but i recently discovered it's a heatless fire, like nicknames they give themselves to uninspire, begin with bullet, now add fire to the proof, but i'm still not sure if fear's a rival or close relative to truth, either way it helps to hear these words bounce off of you, the softest echo could be enough for me to make it through, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, i created this world, to feel some control, destroy it if i want, so i sing someone, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo ——— ——————————————
INFO & STAFF LOVE & CHARACTERS & LINK HUB

Offline truce.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 05:13:00 AM »
trick trock
◜ WISH YOU WERE HERE ◞
INFO. CHARACTERS.

Offline van

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 07:04:07 AM »
a weekend on a boat in california
memes available upon request    —    van#5054

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
  • "what is up with finny and daddies" - crows
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
you don't get thick skin
without getting burnt —HUB

Offline truce.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 04:50:30 PM »
I thought I may as well throw Greenie into the mix since he's already there and I got muse for him, sO anyways:

Username: truce.

Activity/Muse: IC activity really depends on how busy my weeks are but, for the most part, I often have a lot of time in my hands when I can write and so I’m usually pretty active. My muse is high like 95% of the time - I can always bump out some posts if need be with no problem so yeppers

Character Name: Vernon Green (AKA Greenie)

Short Character Blurb: To most, he goes by the name Greenie. He’s a twenty four year old cisgender male. Anarchy is his middle name, and rebellion is his favorite hobby, so… He’s not really got much of a mean streak, he has a pretty decent set of morals and all he wants is for ND to thrive without being under the BL’s thumb. He’s pretty assertive as a person, yet has such a relaxed and composed confidence that I could only dream of having myself. He's too complacent for his own good sometimes. Very much a free spirit, wants to do whatever he wants and will find a way to do so if it is the very last thing he does. He’s a daredevil, fearless and honestly pretty daft doing some of the dangerous stuff he does. Despite this dauntlessness, it doesn’t mean he’s not dependable. He is pretty easy to get on with, doesn’t really want to have many negative opinions about anybody and just wants to get on with things. He holds pretty extreme views on ND, maybe a little too loyal to the cause. His fearlessness means sometimes he puts himself into pretty daft situations. Sometimes he simply doesn’t try to predict how his actions can affect the future, he only really does things in the now.

Ideas/Plans You Have:
- Well I mean, firstly, obviously find a plot which involves ND breaking away from BL. It’d be interesting to see how that happens and how the two groups view each other afterwards.
- Very importantly, figure out some ways to bring activity back into ND. A good start is consistent posting around the board to show that it’s active, probably set up a discord to promote plotting between characters (because personally that really helps inspire me to post, I don’t know about others), and also start posting in the OOC Board on BB.
- I want ND to make use of the industrial area of the city. Renovate warehouses as storage for trade. Attempt (emphasis on the ‘attempt’) to renovate boats and use them as cargo ships for very short haul journeys (obviously without the electricity, but instead going back to the traditional ways of manning a vessel)
- I want ND to build up its shops, particularly the market, to try bring back a sense of civilization among the groups. A market where locals, travelers and other groups can come and actively trade with those at the market. I’d push the idea that ND people can own their own shop/stall where they can produce or collect their own goods to trade for their own benefit.
- It would be interesting for ND to utilize the watermill to produce products such as flour, lumber, paper, textiles and metal.
- They’ll want to live in peace among other groups, yet perhaps begin to work harder on ensuring they have a strong group of fit people to act as fighters if anyone were to ever return and attempt a takeover. They’d want to try recruit people with the promise that ND will become the closest they can get to living in a civilized world like pre-TNW.
- Green would probably try to promote a democratic society, where he’s not the one to call shots but more so the one to lead the group into whatever they’ve all voted on together. He believes in fairness after all.
- Ensure that HPs get filled up based on activity and inclusiveness to all joining and a part of ND. HPs are the representatives of ND and should act as such etc.
- Perhaps create a goat pen for milk and dairy produce to sell in the market. As well as that, fishing and collecting shellfish would probably be pretty big in ND.
- Also pearl diving?? I can see that being a thing
- That is it for now but I'd probably think of more things in time??
◜ WISH YOU WERE HERE ◞
INFO. CHARACTERS.

Offline aj.

• aj - 20 - slytherin
  • discord: aj#3102
    • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 08:55:30 PM »
Username: aj.
Activity/Muse: Activity, 6/10 Muse 8/10
Character Name: Christopher Hooker
Short Character Blurb: Christopher or "Chip" is a 27 year old overly confident man. He grew up streets. Chip isn't a trusting person, he always has a sneaking suspicion that someone has it out for him, but despite his fear, he is confident in his ability to defend himself in any way. He's cocky and self possessed, and only see's one person in the world as someone who he could ever trust (Greenie). Despite his cockiness, Chip is actually a decent guy, and while he hates to show emotion, he wants to make sure that everybody is taken care of.
Ideas/Plans You Have:
- Probably move Northstar partially to get it away from Cat and also for the OOC reason that ND is a bit basic, it doesn't have the originality and features that other groups have to distinguish it.
- Bring people into ND, creating an open and welcoming environment for people who wanted to role-play with chill people.
- Keep ND relatively neutral, because it's good to have neutrally affiliated groups.
- Have the group be more production based, creating things and trading them for stuff.
- Maybe reorganize (possibly rename some of) the ranks, tighten them up.
aj

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 03:57:40 PM »
This ends in three days y’all!!
1.) owl city is love
2.) tom holland fanatic

Offline Bryne

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 12:10:21 PM »
Hey guys! Staff held a vote on which one of you to promote, and we've picked @truce. ! Thank you both for applying, and congrats to Truce! Heh, we should probably get the split plotted ;^)
in city, i feel my spirit is contained, like neon inside the glass, they form my brain, but i recently discovered it's a heatless fire, like nicknames they give themselves to uninspire, begin with bullet, now add fire to the proof, but i'm still not sure if fear's a rival or close relative to truth, either way it helps to hear these words bounce off of you, the softest echo could be enough for me to make it through, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, sahlo folina, i created this world, to feel some control, destroy it if i want, so i sing someone, folina, sahlo folina, sahlo ——— ——————————————

Offline truce.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 12:30:37 PM »
Ooh thank you so much! I'm very excited to get started on the ND split from BL ;^)
◜ WISH YOU WERE HERE ◞
INFO. CHARACTERS.

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 12:53:07 PM »
Psst you can request leader stuff here ;^|

CONGRATS THO
1.) owl city is love
2.) tom holland fanatic

Offline aj.

• aj - 20 - slytherin
  • discord: aj#3102
    • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 02:29:16 PM »
congrats truce!
aj

Offline Bryne

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2019, 02:41:46 PM »
psh congrats to you too Aj I hear you're gonna get a promo

Offline truce.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2019, 02:47:23 PM »
psh congrats to you too Aj I hear you're gonna get a promo
◜ WISH YOU WERE HERE ◞
INFO. CHARACTERS.

Offline van

• Community Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2019, 09:39:30 AM »
kinda late but congrats @ y'all!!
a weekend on a boat in california
memes available upon request    —    van#5054