Author Topic: dazzled, dizzied, and craving freedom [ pafp ]  (Read 208 times)

Offline witch

• bearbones' unofficial witch
  • i walk the path of the ancients
    • she|her
    • View Profile
dazzled, dizzied, and craving freedom [ pafp ]
« on: April 04, 2019, 09:45:42 PM »

muse a is a princess.

muse b is a prince.

both royals are from neighboring kingdoms that have had a tenuous alliance for hundreds of years. the prince's kingdom has a formidable army, while the princess' kingdom has plentiful gold and silks. war is threatening to come to their lands and the only thing that can secure peace for both kingdoms is a union of families by marriage of the next heirs to the throne. the prince and princess are set to be wed shortly after their first meeting, an arrangement made by their fathers. the prince knows of this plan, yet the princess is left in the dark because her father doesn't have the heart to tell her the news.

the prince is sent to visit with the princess' family for a while, and it doesn't take long for the princess to find out what's happening. in her anger and dismay, she disappears from the castle, unknowingly trailed after by the prince. he uncovers a secret that she has been keeping for quite some time -- what most deem her "imagination" is actually quite real. he makes a foolish decision to return to his kingdom and tell his father what he has seen. this causes the outbreak of the very war they feared, for the prince's father now wants what belongs, not to the princess' kingdom, but to the princess herself.
xxxxxx
you were red and i was blue but you touched me and suddenly i was a lilac sky and you decided purple just wasn't for you

Offline witch

• bearbones' unofficial witch
  • i walk the path of the ancients
    • she|her
    • View Profile
Re: dazzled, dizzied, and craving freedom [ pafp ]
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 09:46:24 PM »
tatiana petrova
we have nothing to lose and an entire world at our feet

the colorful tints in the sky, a rosy pink bleeding into a fiery orange, made it clear to all who were still wandering the kingdom's grounds that nightfall would soon be upon them. one young woman in particular cared little for this she was in dire need of a break from the stress her everyday life brought about. against her father's wishes, she had hopped [bareback] onto her horse and galloped her way out of the kingdom, far beyond her father's reach.

"whoa girl. whoa," she breathed, for she knew all too well how the mare could get when she neared the forest. she was for certain a beauty with her white splashed, buff cream coat and all-too-knowing green eyes. "nothing but the absolute best for my daughter." that's what her father had said.

and neera was indeed the best horse she'd ever had.

the brunette swung her leg around, sliding off the mare with ease and landing softly on the ground in a crouch, her bare feet digging into the grass. a slow smile of content graced the young woman's face here, in these forbidden lands of her kingdom, she was free. there were no restrictions or expectations or rules she had to follow.

she could just be her.

straightening herself, the young woman turned to face the mare, whose hazel gaze wandered around the forest, listening to the many sounds of the creatures residing deep within.

"hey, girl. it's okay," she cooed, her voice soothing as she rested her palm on the side of the skittish mare's cheek. she knew that no matter how many times the two visited this area, her four-legged friend would always fear the forest.

"i won't let anything happen to you, promise. just... stay in the area until i get back, yeah?" the mare snorted, as though she understood what was said. with a curt nod, the brunette turned away from her horse and made her way deeper into the forest, pushing past some lichen that hung from the tree and calling [quite loudly] for a creature that was well known (to her, at least) for its evasive nature.

"asen? asen, where are you?" as the brunette shoved a low hanging branch out of her way, she overlooked the tree root directly in front of her and let out a startled yelp as she fell to the ground. with a groan of frustration, she rolled onto her back and propped herself up on her elbows, glaring into the forest.

"asen! i don't enjoy playing these games, you know. if you don't show yourself right now, i swear-" she broke off the moment her dark brown eyes came in contact with a pair of glowing orange ones, peering back at her from the darkness with a wicked light dancing within them. these eyes belonged to no one she knew and that frightened her to her core. she scrambled backwards, heart pounding heavily in her chest, and let out a bloodcurdling scream as whomever - whatever - those eyes belonged to lunged straight for her.

worried brown eyes lifted towards the night sky, a groan of despari quickly following suit. father'll have my head, i'm sure of it. her father would be in an uproar, no doubt, for her late appearance. and her attire would make the situation far worse than necessary. the left leg of her trousers had been ripped from knee to ankle; her white cotton shirt had been torn at the stomach, which had actually come as a welcome advantage for the young woman. she'd used the torn fabric to stop the bleeding from her left leg; all that remained now was a trail of dried blood and a stinging pain, a reminder of what had happened in those wooods.

the repercussions from that is what she had no intention of enduring.

she'd no time to wait for neera to come to a complete halt in front of the castle's gates. the moment the mare's pace slowed to a trot, the young woman leaped from her horse and landed in a crouch, gritting her teeth and hissing as pain shot up her injured leg. quickly, she rose to her feet and made a dash for the gates, encountering a handful of guards along the way.

"your father's not pleased with you, your highness," one of them stated, warning her of the wrath to come whilst simultaneously handing her a black cloak, which she hastily snatched from his hand.

"i figured that out for myself, thank you," she hissed in response, tightening the cloak around her body as she hurriedly shoved past him, making her way through the castle doors with minor interruptions. the young woman's pace slowed ever-so-slightly as she neared her father's throne room, though she still managed to run into a young man's backside with enough force to send her crashing to the ground.

"damn you to hell, you... you cretin! can't you see that i'm-"

"tatiana dahvie petrova!" the young woman visibly cringed, shooting a glare that could kill in the young man's direction before slowly turning around to face her red-faced father.

"hey, papa," she laughed nervously, offering up a sheepish grin. she did her best to appear meek and small and innocent... she failed. oh, just flay me now.

Spoiler: featuring... • show

Spoiler: extra images • show

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 09:57:54 PM by witch »
xxxxxx
you were red and i was blue but you touched me and suddenly i was a lilac sky and you decided purple just wasn't for you