Author Topic: THE SUN WILL RISE [PRIVATE BL HOSPITAL RAID]  (Read 152 times)

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
THE SUN WILL RISE [PRIVATE BL HOSPITAL RAID]
« on: April 14, 2019, 05:50:35 PM »

Were they feeling up to doing this? No, not really. Were they going to do it anyway? Of course.

Cat had sent out a few scouts to locate a place that they might raid for supplies, and the scouts had hit a goldmine. It was a hospital made largely of concrete, seven stories tall and abandoned for years. One poor scout had an allergic reaction to all the dust inside. Eh, good thing they might be able to find masks - Cat just hoped those were clean and well preserved. Well, they hoped everything was going to be clean and well-preserved. The Badlands desperately needed medical supplies.

"Fan out in pairs. It's empty, but be careful in case the scouts missed something. If it seems moldy or like it's expired, leave it. Otherwise, we need just about everything." People started spreading out, and for Cat's part, they headed in with Creed. It always seemed to be her, but she was one of the few people that didn't try what little patience they had left these days. A bit to their surprise, however, someone else followed them in. Mike's kid, Will. Well, this would be... interesting.

//open to members of the Badlands!

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 04/12/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 04/08/39 ⇥ Had a huge fight with Molly
⇥ 04/06/39 ⇥ Returned to the Badlands badly injured
⇥ 04/03/39 ⇥ Temporarily left with Creed to try to find her brother
⇥ 03/24/39 ⇥ Met their cousin Dallas and her half brother Michael

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
⇥ Adopted parent of Molly Valentina Darrow-Lupei (Mo)
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Very much taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Blunt objects like bats
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it
I've been defeated I begged for what I needed
I suffered now I'm ready for war

Offline WILL.

• he/him
    • View Profile
Re: THE SUN WILL RISE [PRIVATE BL HOSPITAL RAID]
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 05:59:09 PM »
"speech" 'thought' text
tw: mentions of violence, mentions of death,

Will wasn't quite sure why he'd tagged along with Creed and Cat, but honestly he just needed to get out of his dad's... world for a bit. It was amazing being reunited with his father, but Mike was... something, and Will didn't know what that something was. From what his mother had said about his dad, he had expected a heroic soldier, not some washed up former drunk with anger issues. It hurt, he felt betrayed and lied to.

It only made sense to tag along with Cat and Creed, there seemed to be tension between the three, and Will was disposed to side with the two that weren't his dad. So, here he was, he wasn't far away from Cat or Creed, he didn't want to accidentally get stuck in a dicy situation, and he felt like even a bit injured Cat and Creed would be far preferable to some maniac trying to kill him without backup.

Honestly, he could barely hold a gun the correct way, let alone shoot it, or aim it. He was hopeless, but he was trying, if only to impress his father... god, why did Mike have to be his dad? He wondered if maybe he'd be able to find better clothing, the tattered jeans no shoes and lime-neon green shirt was definitely a look, but not one that Will was particularly fond of, in fact, he wanted to ditch it asap.

His eyes looked around, he wasn't sure what he was looking for, he didn't know a scalpel from a pair of tweezers... granted he didn't actually know what either of those were. "Anything I can do Ca-" He paused, did Catalyst want to be called Cat, or Catalyst or something else? "S-sir." He knew the leader went by they and them, but it was all they could think of in the moment, and they looked a little bit terrified at what the leader's reaction might be.
this is why we can't have nice things.
biography  -   tags   -   opinions   -   dump

Offline Sheogorath

• unknown soldier
    • He/Him
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 06:05:53 PM »
thes code
a
a
sheogorath
and i say to myself, what a wonderful world
Of course Sheogorath had accompanied Catalyst, and for his part, he was at the front of the line, lingering close to the leader, not out of any sense of loyalty, but of excitement. He wanted to be one of the first people there. Boredom did that to the man, an outing like this was a joy, even if the hospital was said to have been abandoned, nobody to kill in sight. Shame about that. At the mention of fanning out in pairs, Sheogorath shrugged. Whoever wanted to follow him could, but he wouldn't sit around and wait for someone to pipe up about accompanying him, so he set off into the hospital without hesitation, leaving Cat, Creed, and Will, along with the others behind, as an NPC followed quickly behind. He moved through the lobby with sharp, amber eyes, the shadows of the building illuminated by dusty rays of sunlight that streamed through cracked and stained windows.

The first thing he and his NPC companion did was head down a quiet, lonesome hallway, and slipped into the first shaded room that he could see. His dark boots pressed quietly against the floor, and seeing a counter, he quickly opened one of the drawers, and dusted off a box of latex gloves. Beside the box were a few masks, still in their own box, and as he opened the container to examine them, they appeared untouched by time. The rest of the room was empty, he discovered, so he headed off into the next across the hall. It was there on the table that he found a few medical tools wrapped in leather, scalpels and whatnot. A wheelchair was settled into the corner, so Sheogorath placed the tools, along with his box of gloves and masks within the chair, and rolled it back out into the lobby.

"Look what I found!" Sheogorath spoke in a singsong voice, the NPC remaining silent behind him. He parked the wheelchair within the dust filled, musty lobby, and turned on his heel to head down the hallway again. The rooms had proven lucrative so far, after all. But the third and fourth rooms were empty. However, in the fifth, he found an IV stand, along with supplies to support it, bags and needles and lines. If only there was saline, or any kind of medication really, but whatever, he supposed. Quite loudly, as the wheels squeaked, Sheogorath wheeled the IV stand out into the lobby with a cheery expression. "Don't know if we can use this, but here ya go." He announced his presence once more.

thes code
but the tigers come at night
WITH THEIR VOICES SOFT AS THUNDER

Offline LUCERNE.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 04:05:45 PM »
Lucerne was not there out of malevolence. Instead, he'd chosen to go mainly because of the large array of medication he knew he'd find there - after all, he assumed that the group could never have too much medication. Sneaking around and stealing was his forte. As a man who didn't know how to fight for the life of him - plus the aversion to injure another person without good reason - the only way he could really get by on his own was to use his stealth. It was the only thing that had kept him alive for so long, honestly.

And so, he thought he ought to make himself useful. He knew the names of medications they needed, and so he'd do whatever he could to focus on finding what the group needed. Cat announced that people had to move around in pairs, instantly causing Lucerne to roll his eyes theatrically at the comment. What? Did Cat not mean 'somebody follow Lucerne and hold him back?' because that was what it was sounding like. Lucerne didn't need to wander around with another person - all they'd do is stop Lucerne from swiftly finding what he needed by picking up irrelevant items instead and throwing Lucerne off the scent.

After people began to disperse, Lucerne sighed before tipping his head and peering over to Addy. "Shall we?" He asked, intimating that they should be a team. After all, it would be treason for Lucerne to have gone with anybody else. Addy was his friend, after all. He supposed he had to acknowledge that. And so, they both made off down the hallway, Lucerne striding ahead confidently as he searched high and low for any sign of the storeroom. "We are searching for a door which should be locked, I believe. A storeroom with medication." He pointed out, determined in his confident stride as he searched around.

Spoiler: tags :: updated 4/15 • show
basics.
⫸ wilhelm lucerne nouvel // no known nicknames
⫸ goes by his middle name, lucerne
⫸ male // he/him
⫸ thirty three // ages real time // born fourteenth february
⫸ medic for the badlands // formerly a loner
⫸ joined BL - twenty first february

appearance.
faceclaim - benedict cumberbatch
voice claim - benedict cumberbatch
⫸ speaks with a received pronunciation british accent
⫸ 6'2ft // tall and lithe // very little muscle mass
⫸ cold, china blue eyes and disheveled, dark brunet hair
⫸ physical health - 100%
    current injuries: none as of now
⫸ mental health - 70%
    has been showing signs of major depressive disorder

personality.
⫸ enigmatic and difficult to understand
⫸ astute and intellectual // generally very logical in his way of thinking
⫸ self-absorbed and overly prideful // massive god complex
⫸ lack of empathy and often insincere // evident sociopathic tendencies
⫸ assertive, blunt and arrogant // strong, unwavering opinions
⫸ analytical and perceptive // often good at figuring things out at breakneck speed
⫸ overly motivated and stubborn // it's often his way or the highway
⫸ chronic boredom, often acts out childishly based on this
⫸ fastidious and a known perfectionist
⫸ unpredictable and notably unhinged // makes it difficult to get on with him
⫸ a total narcissist in many ways
⫸ aloof and incredibly socially awkward // very antisocial in general
⫸ a complete drama queen // incredibly theatrical and melodramatic
⫸ breathes sarcasm // snide and often witty with his quips
⫸ silently a very sensitive and introverted soul // worries about what others think
⫸ self-conscious towards how people react towards him // this makes him withdrawn

relationships.
⫸ wilhelm nouvel x annette nouvel // one older brother [deceased]
⫸ aromantic asexual // not interested in any romance
⫸ has taken a liking towards addy douglas
    sees him as his person
    doesn't view their relationship as romantic
    loyalty lies with him entirely

interaction.
storage // plot
⫸ physically: medium // mentally: hard
⫸ owns a pistol but finds the idea of injuring somebody very difficult
⫸ dislikes getting into physical fights as he's not very good at fighting
⫸ would much rather die than kill somebody else
⫸ will be acting out of character as he is still grieving over the loss of his brother
TW. he is an active drug addict // cocaine, heroin and opioids such as morphine
    some interactions with him may be whilst he is under the influence of said drugs

BABY, TELL ME IF I'M BEING STRANGE
*:・゚✦ AND IF I NEED TO REARRANGE MY PARTICLES, I WILL FOR YOU

Offline ADDY.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 10:12:07 PM »

addy was no expert when it came to hospitals. usually he壇 tried to avoid hospitals at all costs back in the day, to the point where he couldn稚 tell if it was for an actual reason or because of an unreasonable vexation. hospitals were full of whack-jobs who honestly weren稚 worthy of addy痴 土early-checkup bullshit or something. he had no idea why he would be particularly helpful in this sort of situation, but he was still there as they neared the abandoned hospital, arms crossed over his chest as he stared at the giant building in slight disbelief.

what a fuckin gold mine this was.

as lucerne peered over at him, asking him to go with him into the building, he couldn稚 help but feel a brief swell of- he didn稚 quite know the feeling. it was enough that, after he nodded his head in agreement and lucerne turned to stride ahead, his lips tugged into the slightest hint of a smile. again, addy had struck a fuckin gold mine. striding forward to catch up with lucerne, he watched the other man peak from room to room, glancing around and trying a few doors that looked promising. 努hat makes you so sure? he muttered as he opened a door, having to peek in it just to be sure lucerne wasn稚 completely wrong about the storeroom being locked. empty. guess hospitals didn稚 give him the creeps when they were covered in dust and -- didn稚 have people in them.

after trying a few, he was just absently trying to open doors at that point until - one doorknob just happened not to budge. suddenly stopping in his tracks, he locked eyes with lucerne before smirking and adding, 妬値l pick it. wouldn稚 want you breaking a nail, princess. lowering himself down to be eye level with the doorknob, fishing a hairpin out of his pocket (hairpins were always useful for shit like this, okay? right) and went to work on the keyhole. it took a few minutes but then, sure enough, the door came open. standing up, he glanced over at lucerne before opening the door for him. 塗ope you find whatever the fuck you池e lookin for.

&& bio && tags && plotting

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 11:06:36 PM »
They barely remembered their father. They weren't sure if that was a blessing or a curse; Molly described a good man, a good man that had never been part of their life. And maybe, if he had been there, and it wasn't just Cat and Molly huddled together that night, their life wouldn't have become so fucked up. But what if he wasn't all that he was cracked up to be? He had walked out on his wife and young child, leaving them alone in a world that wouldn't take care of them.

Actually, perhaps the question wasn't whether it was a blessing or a curse that they didn't know him, but a question of what would be worse: if he was dead or alive. If he was dead, that was it. There was no chance of ever seeing him again, of knowing him, that was just it. But if he was alive, that was somehow worse. He had left, gotten better, and never come back. If he was alive, there were more questions than if he was dead, questions that somehow hurt even more.

When Will spoke up they glanced over their shoulder back at him, one eyebrow lifted. He started out well enough, and then he fucked it up. They halted and turned around, folding their arms. "Shouldn't have second guessed yourself. You were on the right track before." They scratched the side of their head. "Call me Cat or Boss. Don't fugging call me sir. I'm agender."

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 04/20/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 04/20/39 ⇥ Released Northstar from Badlands occupation
⇥ 04/16/39 ⇥ Was saved by Sheogorath
⇥ 04/15/39 ⇥ Took the Badlands brand
⇥ 04/08/39 ⇥ Had a huge fight with Molly
⇥ 04/06/39 ⇥ Returned to the Badlands badly injured
⇥ 04/03/39 ⇥ Temporarily left with Creed to try to find her brother

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. One of the easiest to notice is one that stretches down their right cheek. While not a scar, one very notable marking on their chest is the "BL" brand. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
⇥ Adopted parent of Molly Valentina Darrow-Lupei (Mo)
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Very much taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Carries a handgun
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it