Author Topic: ◜ . nobody gonna slow me down ┊ open, birthday bbq . ◞  (Read 83 times)

Offline SILAS.

• . . .
    • View Profile
◜ . nobody gonna slow me down ┊ open, birthday bbq . ◞
« on: April 15, 2019, 08:25:02 AM »
Insects chirped restfully as the sun was slow to set over the prairie. The setup was minimal, casual just as Silas had requested. After all, he was never one for glamorous occasions - he didn't own enough suits for that. Instead, mismatched chairs found themselves outside, some surrounding the blazing bonfire whilst others were left in small circles for groups to chat among one another. Colorful fabric bunting adorned the sky, attached to decaying trees on one end and tied off on the aerials of caravans at the other.

The ranch, in general, was not necessarily a fantastic sight to see. After all, rust from years of tarnished metal and fencing that had rotten to the core did not quite signify a very well put together community. But, they were still newly established, shown by the large pasture nearby with newly renovated fencing and a plot of cultivated land in the distance with crops slowly beginning to protrude from the soil. The Ranch wasn't very extravagant, so to speak, but this was home to Silas. Here, he was proud of his home. After putting James in the caravan, busying him with some toys, he wandered out to where the party had already begun. He lowered his gaze, brushing down the denim-on-denim look he was sporting: jeans, a white tank top covered up with an unbuttoned denim dress-shirt, and of course the look was completed with his very favorite card crown, perched on his head.

Three homemade spits were set up, just about enough meat to go around and feed all those at the party. A bighorn sheep roasted on the first spit, elk and boar rotating on the other two, all manned by several NPCs who had taken on the role as barbecue masters. Other foods laid across the table, as well as a wide array of alcohol, accompanied by speakers that Silas had spent weeks trying to fix for his special day. Music blared from the speakers, popular tunes from the eighties; his favorite tunes.

"Don't, don't you want me? You know I don't believe you when you say that you don't need me." He sung, slightly out of tune, as the song blared from the speakers, pausing to take a sip of his rum from a plastic cup before continuing slurring the lyrics, "You'd better change it back or we will both be sorry -"

Of course, it was typical of Silas to have enlisted a couple of NPCs to do to menial tasks at the barbecue. Tasks such as thoroughly checking people for any weapons, welcoming groups who were quick to arrive to the party and preparing the food for everyone to enjoy. But, what could Silas say? It was his damn birthday - he was allowed to have fun today. He was trusting of all the groups - even the Badlands, funnily enough - to not cause any trouble on his special day. And so, unarmed, he clumsily climbed up onto one of the chairs, drink in hand, as an idiotic grin sprawled across his lips.

"Evenin' everyone." He announced obnoxiously loud, eyes glistening with anticipation. "So glad to see all your pretty faces here to celebrate a very special day with me. Food's almost ready, so feel free to dish up. Have a nice chit chat around the fire and drink some booze or somethin', and if one of yous changes the music... Well, we are just gonna have to throw you in the bonfire, 'ey?" He paused, evidently quite intoxicated already, before he began to snicker to himself, hopping off the chair. With a dismissive wave of the hand, he finally announced, "Enjoy yours evening, y'all. Any gifts for me can be put by the table, thanks." And with that, he sauntered off, singing very boldly the lyrics to Break My Stride.

Spoiler: tags :: updated 4/15 • show
basics.
♛ silas porter overton // sy, overton, dipshit
♛ male // he/him
♛ twenty five // ages real time // born fifteenth april
♛ leader of bluestem prairie
♛ formerly member of camp apocalypse
♛ formerly right hand man in children of abaddon
♛ established BP - fifth march 2039
♛ currently cultivates the crops for BP

appearance.
faceclaim - evan peters
voice claim - evan peters (tw. blood & gore in video)
♛ 5'11ft // under-worked frame // slightly paunchy
♛ dark chocolate eyes and disheveled brunet hair
♛ physical health - 100% // current injuries: none
♛ mental health - 95% // suffers paranoia and delusions of grandeur

personality.
♛ impetuous, spontaneous and hostile
♛ volatile, overemotional // acts rashly
♛ very loud // loves to hear the sound of his own voice
♛ pompous and overly confident // sees himself as number one
♛ assertive and knows exactly how to get what he wants
♛ outspoken and extroverted // stormy personality
♛ playfully chaotic // enjoys having fun whilst tearing the world apart
♛ cunning and slimy // hard to work out what his intentions are
♛ low self-esteem yet hides this through over-confidence
♛ intelligent and caring to those who can see passed his bullish semblance
♛ scarily loyal towards his favorite people
♛ embarrassingly flirtatious // flirts with anything that moves
♛ clownish and sees most serious matters lightheartedly // immature

relationships.
♛ james overton x nadia overton // whereabouts unknown
♛ six siblings // three brothers & three sisters
♛ bisexual biromantic
♛ crushing on anna // single
♛ has an eight year old son, riley james // known as james
♛ owns two chickens // marilee & zelda
♛ owns four dogs // ghost, fang, bandit and jekyll
♛ owns three horses // tinker, rawhide and tex

interaction.
storage // plot
♛ physically: hard // mentally: hard
♛ very strategic // usually has an ulterior motive
♛ unpredictable - dangerous with a gun & explosives
♛ cares very little about ending lives for his own gain
EVERY BODY IN THE WORLD KNOWS I'M A LITTLE TWISTED
I'M UNCONTROLLABLE, EMOTIONAL, I'M CRAZY
[ BP ♚ @truce. ♚ bio ]

Offline MICHAEL.

• @aj
    • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: ◜ . nobody gonna slow me down ┊ open, birthday bbq . ◞
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 03:06:50 PM »
"speech" 'thought' text
tw: mentions alcohol, blood, profanity, violence, religion

Brown eyes searched the scene, he wasn't certain what he was doing here, honestly he could have just as easily stayed home, but a part of him (small as it was with the injury) wanted to make sure no harm befell Cat. And this Silas guy seemed a bit... unhinged from what he'd gathered, not as unhinged as Sheo, and maybe he was here just as much to keep Sheo from accidentally or purposefully killing someone.

Whatever the reasoning the still not fully healed man limped over, his leg was... perhaps two or so more weeks away from being weight bearing, but that did not mean he wasn't going to walk, and he had something in his hands, it wasn't too heavy, he could barely cary it and balance, but it was heavy enough to be misleading. It was a large box wrapped in red cloth with a bow on top.

Originally he'd though to maybe leave it as just an empty box, but he did love giving gifts, even if they were sometimes a pain to find. So on his way to the party, he'd burred a small box with a pearl handled colt revolver and twenty customized bullets with Silas' name on them (it was funny in his mind, maybe no one else). And in the box was a scrap of paper (maybe it might have been a bit destroyed by the rocks in the box,) with the latitude and longitude of the gift, along with a compass and a note that said "Happy Birthday Asshole."

Yep, Mike was a sentimental old bastard. But he loved gift giving, tailoring a perfect gift for a person, and this seemed like a good one as far as he could tell from his limited knowledge of Silas. Putting the gift on the table he breathed out a sigh of relief, and sank down into a nearby chair to rest his throbbing leg, (not that he'd admit it hurt, no, he was an idiot).
MICHAEL FORD
Michael Ford is a 45 year old, man, he's stubbornly loyal to whatever cause he chooses, protective of his family and friends, he's a grunt in the Badlands. Michael has issues controlling his anger in most situations. He is a difficult opponent and well trained, feel free to power play nonviolent interactions though.

Offline RAE.

• goddamn liability
  • owned by c h a r a
    • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 05:31:57 PM »
RAE MCLEOD | FOURTEEN | BIO

rae wasn’t the type to take a great amount of pride in her appearance, but she’d never met anybody from bluestem and despite the things cat had to say about them and their leader, in particular, she wanted to make somewhat of a good impression, and so had actually taken a brush through her usually unkempt hair and put on a clean pair of shoes. looking around at the party itself, rae had to admit that this was about as civilised a get-together as she’d seen, at least in the four years since she’d left her mother. there was proper good food on offer and even music blaring through the miraculously working speakers. rae of course didn’t know any of the songs that were playing, but she liked them.

rae wasn’t a shy girl, and she’d already made pleasant small talk with several NPCs since arriving here, but she was now on her own, parked on an aging garden chair and busying herself by drinking a can of soda she’d been offered on arrival. she would probably be far more sociable with a proper drink in her, as even the most gregarious of social butterflies usually are, but the memory of her first drink was still fresh in her mind and she had no desire to repeat it. at least, she thought, not at this stage, when the night was so young.

rae couldn’t help but smile when silas made his announcement. she’d heard only bad things about the leader but if she was honest he didn’t live up to his bad reputation - in fact he seemed to her to be pretty affable and genuine if a bit eccentric, though it was apparent he had had quite a bit to drink already. she would have to tell him happy birthday later to make up for not bringing a gift.

Spoiler:  information // 04/13 • show
★★★ // RAEGAN J. MCLEOD. BORN 03/25/2025.
— female. badlands. worm.
bio. main. spotify playlist.

★★★ // GRAEME MCLEOD [NPC] X ANNIE JAMES [NPC].
— ½ of nothing. no crush. bisexual. not looking. ellis is her partner in crime.
— no pets but would like a dog.

★★★ // FIVE FOOT. A HUNDRED AND TWENTY POUNDS. 10/10 HEALTH.
rae is a rather scrawny young girl standing at five feet tall with not an ounce of fat on her. she's pale, but tans easily, and is covered in freckles. she has a pretty, youthful face with a small nose and round, dark brown eyes. her most noticeable feature is the scar that runs from cheek-to-cheek across the bridge of her nose. she keeps her thick, brunette hair tied back most of the time, allowing only her side bangs to fall over her forehead.
— face claim: foetus ellen page.
— voice claim: tara strong as cindy mcphearson.
current injures;; none.
permanent injures;; scar on her face and another on her shin from a fall as a child.

★★★ // ESFP. GRYFFINDOR. EXTROVERTED.
rae is an impulsive girl who rarely thinks before acting and doesn't take no for an answer. she's still finding herself and currently has a deep detestation for authority, usually being rebellious simply for the sake of being a rebel. she's naturally confrontational and unforgiving, but is extremely loyal and selfless once you earn her trust.
tropes;; rebellious teen. loose canon. tomboy.

★★★ // PREVIOUSLY CARRIED BACKPACK CONTAINING ESSENTIALS.
— usually has a knife in her belt.
— backpack contains small notepad, water bottle and a yo-yo.

★★★ // USES KNIFE BUT PREFERS TRAUMA WEAPONS. CAN POWERPLAY PEACEFUL. 5/10 TRAINED.
— never backs down from a fight and despite lack of training isn't afraid to get physical.
— requires training in use of firearms and hand-to-hand combat.
— not currently open to kill/maim. pm @chara for capture/torture.
stats;; strength: 4/10. agility: 8/10. endurance: 6/10. accuracy: 5/10. luck: 8/10.
— CAUSE I'M SO DRUNK ON TRAGIC ENGINGS
rae / fourteen / big fat dickhead / bio

Offline Sheogorath

• CHEERS!
    • He/Him
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 11:07:07 AM »
thes code
a
a
sheogorath
and i say to myself, what a wonderful world
Catalyst had said the bring weapons, hadn't they? So Sheogorath, had of course, come armed with his sword, his pocket knife, his gun, and his cane. Unfortunately, all of those had been taken from him by NPCs whose jobs were to pat down newcomers. Well, except for his cane. He had convinced the NPC that he needed it for balance, especially with his noticeable limp. It wasn't a lie. He just hoped some other person didn't stride up and snatch it from him.

Sheogorath leaned against the carved wooden accessory for a moment to catch his breath. It had been a long journey. Then, with a gift in his free hand, signed by himself upon the tag, he heard the words of Silas before heading to the gift table. His gift was a dead bird skeleton, polished and cleansed. It was weird and odd to carry around, but Sheogorath was quite fond of it. A shame he was giving it away. As soon as that was done, he snatched a glass of wine from where it was available, before taking a seat beside the raging bonfire.

thes code
if you lose yourself
COURAGE SOON WILL FOLLOW

Offline WYNTER

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 10:02:42 PM »

parties hadn’t been a very common occurrence, growing up. perhaps that was why wynter felt so out of place at the birthday party; the birthday party for his brother, of all things. from his corner of the event, though, everything looked like it was going absolutely beautifully. there were so many people showing up, all to celebrate silas’s birthday. it was enough to make his chest swell with happiness for his brother. finally, after so many trials in life, the overton siblings were finally having things go well for them. and things had been going well for them for quite a while; it was just this event, this birthday party, that made it feel all the more obvious.

as silas clumsily scaled a chair, he was quick to scramble over to make sure that the drunken man didn’t fall down in front of everyone and hurt himself. “careful,” he muttered, just waiting a moment before he carefully took a few steps back as silas went back down the chair, about as gracefully as he’d gone up it. he watched him saunter away for a moment - but, like the younger brother that he was, he felt awkward and felt the desperate need to simply follow after silas.

“happy birthday, sy,” he murmured to his brother, offering a small smile. he hadn’t made a present for him, hadn’t found a gift that felt good enough for silas. but eventually, he’d find that gift before too much time passed by.
「 no need to mess with God's design
 you're just so simple and sweet. 」

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 01:33:30 AM »
They had spent a lot of time questioning whether or not they should come to this thing, considering their distaste and distrust of the host, but obviously, since they were there, they had decided to go. They would play friendly with Silas, at least for now, while they had the Insurrection breathing down their necks. Just so he didn't get any ideas about being a dick in action and not just in words.

Cat had (surprisingly) brought a gift for Silas, a small potted cactus. A note was attached to it, reading "What you do with this is your business. -Catalyst" Were they implying he should do something painful with it? Of course not, they would never. Who did you think they are? (Yes. Yes they were.) They were quick to abandon the cactus on the table, drifting towards the sound of the speakers. Believe it or not, they hadn't actually heard music like this before. They'd heard people sing, bits of piano, guitar and flute (all separately), but never anything like that. Well, they were thoroughly fascinated.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 04/15/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 04/16/39 ⇥ Was saved by Sheogorath
⇥ 04/15/39 ⇥ Took the Badlands brand
⇥ 04/08/39 ⇥ Had a huge fight with Molly
⇥ 04/06/39 ⇥ Returned to the Badlands badly injured
⇥ 04/03/39 ⇥ Temporarily left with Creed to try to find her brother

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. One of the easiest to notice is one that stretches down their right cheek. While not a scar, one very notable marking on their chest is the "BL" brand. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
⇥ Adopted parent of Molly Valentina Darrow-Lupei (Mo)
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Very much taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Carries a handgun
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it
YOU GOT ME COMING BACK FOR MORE
I'VE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE

Offline ADDY.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 11:05:15 PM »

honestly, so long as a party had booze, addy would be quick to decide to go. the only problem was that, with the last party, being asked to wear a suit and tie had seemed incredibly unfair. why the hell would addy ever wear a suit? to try and impress someone? there wasn’t even anyone to impress, anymore, especially since lucerne was off being - a dick. a birthday party with food and alcohol, though.. that was something that sounded right up his alley.

the only problem was that the person that the party was for was an arrogant brat. he couldn’t help but scoff as the other man went off on some tangent, apparently already drunk off his ass. as much as the redhead already hated the guy, he had to admit that he probably would’ve been in the same situation had it been his birthday - if he had ever chosen to celebrate his birthday, at least.

addy hadn’t brought a gift for the guy, but as he stayed there, he couldn’t help but borrow paper from someone to scribble- ”your taste in music fuckin’ sucks. happy birthday.” and with that, added the note to the pile. hopefully next year the man would have better taste in music than whatever this shit was.

&& bio && tags && plotting

Offline SILAS.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 06:09:51 AM »
The event was bustling - just what Silas deserved. After all, his birthday was a big day that was worthy of such celebration. The Overton parents didn't tend to make a big deal out of Silas' birthday when he was a kid. After all, Silas was the middle child of seven children. That was a lot of birthdays, all of which tended to be very quiet and subdue to keep expenses down. And so, the moment Silas had the chance to throw himself into the limelight for a day, he'd do so without hesitation. Though, even whilst this day was all about him, a part of him couldn't help but feel unsatisfied with the company. He supposed he'd never feel like he'd belong, though, and so he'd just suck it up and smile like an idiot.

He drank a lot. He always tended to overdo it, but that was just a bad habit of his. So lost in drunken thoughts, he'd not even noticed how his little brother scrambled to his side to make sure he'd not hurt himself, nor did Silas notice Wynter following behind like a lost puppy. That was until the younger brother mumbled to him, Silas turning to exchange looks between Wyn. A shit-eating smirk played on his lips, standing up onto his tippy toes and unsteadily grabbing Wyn's face to pull him closer. He smacked a kiss on his forehead before pulling him into a clumsy hug. "I love ya so fuckin' much, Wynnie." He slurred before pulling away and shoving his brother's shoulder playfully.

Next, he wandered off, winking as he passed by Cat, before plopping down on the seat beside Sheogorath. "Evenin', Doll." He snorted, tipping his seat back as he watched the fire. "What's ya name?"

Spoiler: tags :: updated 4/15 • show
basics.
♛ silas porter overton // sy, overton, dipshit
♛ male // he/him
♛ twenty five // ages real time // born fifteenth april
♛ leader of bluestem prairie
♛ formerly member of camp apocalypse
♛ formerly right hand man in children of abaddon
♛ established BP - fifth march 2039
♛ currently cultivates the crops for BP

appearance.
faceclaim - evan peters
voice claim - evan peters (tw. blood & gore in video)
♛ 5'11ft // under-worked frame // slightly paunchy
♛ dark chocolate eyes and disheveled brunet hair
♛ physical health - 100% // current injuries: none
♛ mental health - 95% // suffers paranoia and delusions of grandeur

personality.
♛ impetuous, spontaneous and hostile
♛ volatile, overemotional // acts rashly
♛ very loud // loves to hear the sound of his own voice
♛ pompous and overly confident // sees himself as number one
♛ assertive and knows exactly how to get what he wants
♛ outspoken and extroverted // stormy personality
♛ playfully chaotic // enjoys having fun whilst tearing the world apart