Author Topic: Springfield  please don't bite \\ meeting 5.14   (Read 245 times)

Offline anton

• View Profile
 please don't bite \\ meeting 5.14 
« on: May 14, 2019, 08:56:47 AM »
these sorts of things, lovely as they were an all, were... not always necessary, not in a group like springfield. they didn't have many changes, and for any long term members, they'd understand that these things had consisted largely of no, nothing has changed over and over again. but still, there was some comfort in the routine, and anton approached the renovated fountain that afternoon, hands tucked into his pockets, hanna seated not far and watching with emotionless eyes. ❝alright everyone, let's gather around for a meeting.❞ he called out, voice carrying in the vaulted room, making it's rounds among the people.

[ wow can't believe i've forgotten one of these someone kick my shin please ]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 11:17:17 PM by sango »
make the same mistake, blame circumstance

Offline truce.

• View Profile
Re:  please don't bite \\ meeting 5.14 
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 12:04:32 PM »
— Felix was accustomed to having meetings in Springfield. Ever since he joined, he supposed it was a cool way to get a routine to all those in the hospital, even if not much seemed to happen here very often. Sure, injured and sick patients would come and go, but it was nothing to ever write home about. And so, Felix shuffled into the lobby, approaching the fountain and giving Anton a brief and cheery thumbs up. "Hey there, Sir." He greeted before standing among the crowd, shifting side to side whilst he waited for the meeting to begin.

// the shittiest track post but ey
HERE I AM. NOT QUITE DYING.

Offline anton

• View Profile
Re:  please don't bite \\ meeting 5.14 
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 09:18:16 PM »
you'd think he'd be good at these things.

he was good with people. he was good at speaking to people. but speaking at people? that, he was shit at. standing there, talking without much of a necessary response, he wasn't good at that. but routine and pretending and all that, that was what he was supposed to do, right? part of being a good leader, and all that crap?

❝thanks for gathering,❞ he said as people slowly but surely emerged; not everyone, but the ones who could. ❝so, uh, i want to welcome the new people. those seeking treatment, i hope we can get you out of here soon; those seeking residence, i'd like to welcome you for good, and i hope you're comfortable here. on the, uh, the topic of people arriving here, as most of you know, my... doctor hanna west has returned. we've decided to continue with our engagement, for those of you who care, so, y'know, prepare for a wedding sometime and all that.❞ his eyes met his fiance's, quickly moving on, not taking the time to linger on whatever mistake they were.

❝our black and white ball went very well, so i'd like to thank you all for that as well. we're not trying to affiliate ourselves with anyone, but friends are always good to have. many of our members also attended the party in bluestem, as well as the easter event in the badlands, and they both went off without a hitch.❞ he paced a few steps as he spoke, adjusting his tie absentmindedly, stuffing his hands in his pockets. ❝one of our guards, and my niece as many of you may know, left a few days ago for a trip to the flintlock lodge with some supplies. a few women there are pregnant and suffering some potential complications, and she's helping medicate them; however, next month i've asked her to go and stay there until the children are born. she has extensive nursing training, and with the complications present, any and all aid will be needed, and we're more than capable of helping.❞

he paused, racked his brain and the mental list he had. his eyes met hanna's once again, before moving away quickly, back down to his feet. he cleared his throat, fixed his tie again. ❝that'll be all, thank you everyone.❞ he ended, dipping his head and turning, heading in the direction of the stairs, wanting to bury his brain deep within a book somewhere.

ooc summary
- a quick welcome to everyone!!
- the black and white ball, silas's birthday party, and the easter event were all attended by springfield, and they all went off seamlessly, thankfully.
- fletcher has left for a temporary visit to flintlock to bring supplies to the pregnant women there and check on them, and she'll be staying for about a month and a half in late june, returning for occasional check-in's, to help with the pregnancy situation there.
make the same mistake, blame circumstance