Author Topic: DON'T NEED YOUR ADVICE — brendan  (Read 726 times)

Offline BRENDAN

• ic opinions ✦ @hootowls
    • View Profile
DON'T NEED YOUR ADVICE — brendan
« on: May 22, 2019, 10:47:40 PM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:04:56 PM by BRENDAN »
MY EYES ARE TIRED; I DON'T EVEN CARE

Offline BRENDAN

• View Profile
definitions.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 10:48:05 PM »
brendan isaac collins
from brendanus, the latinized form of the irish name bréanainn which was derived from a welsh word meaning "prince"; the ecclesiastic greek form of the hebrew yitzchak (he will laugh), which is derived from yitshāq (laughter); derived from cuilein, meaning "darling," a term of endearment to young animals.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:05:28 PM by BRENDAN »

Offline BRENDAN

• View Profile
tags.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 10:48:29 PM »
GENERAL ✦ PINTEREST. SPOTIFY. PLOT.
brendan isaac collins | introduces as "brendan"
— cisgender male, he/him | fourteen years
— icly born 12/25/2024 | oocly created 8/20/17
— flintlock lodge | resident | hover for titles

RELATIONS ✦ NPC X NPC. ADOPTED BY NONE.
½ of nothing | uninterested | discovering sexuality
— parents deceased | no siblings
— 34 chickens | 10 roosters, 24 hens | reference

PHYSICAL ✦ NICK ROBINSON. 8/10 HEALTH.
five-foot-nine. peach colored skin, dark brown hair, blue-gray eyes. developing muscles, slim and fit. often looks a little disheveled, otherwise kinda put together. usually wears muted colors; jeans and hoodies.
injuries;; n/a.
scars;; bullet scar on left pinkie toe, toe paralyzed. two scars on right shoulder.

PERSONALITY ✦ ISTJ-T. LAWFUL NEUTRAL.
excessively introverted and private, refuses to open up. tries to hide emotions, comes off as cold and stern. protective and strong-minded, but hard to get close to. good with young kids.
socially awkward hero | grew a spine | big brother instinct | dark/troubled past | coming of age
— all opinions are ic and don't reflect the roleplayer

INVENTORY ✦ REFUSES TO SHARE.
stores items in pockets or clipped to belt, always holding staff in hand when outside.
— bo staff | pocket knife | handgun | walkie-talkie

COMBAT ✦ BO STAFF. 5/10 trained.
will fight in self-defense, won't kill.
— difficulty depends on opponent | attack in bold
— training in taekwondo | relies on kicks and staff
— doesn't use handgun | might use pocket knife
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 12:34:03 PM by BRENDAN »

Offline BRENDAN

• View Profile
relationships.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 10:54:27 PM »
RELATIONSHIPS

keep in mind that brendan is discovering his sexuality, and is currently not looking for romance due to his age.

developing friends
— mickey serge, played by @elysian.

friends
— hayley chase, played by @van
— hope chase-kenner, played by @van
— literally any chicken

significant other
— n/a

mentor
— n/a

parents
— danielle collins, npc; deceased
— aaron collins, npc; deceased

siblings
— n/a

pets
all of the following are rhode island red chickens.
— roosty, m
— boggle, f
— woggle, f
— doggle, f; deceased
— peep, f
— chirp, f
— cheep, m; deceased
— torchic, f
— nixie, f
— trixie, f
— pixie, f
— athena, f
— apollo, m
— sunny, f
— cloudy, f
— foggy, m
— april, f
— may, f
— june, f
— july, m
— august, m
all of the following are plymouth rock chickens.
— marble, f
— barble, f
— sarble, m
— parble, m
all of the following are buff orpington chickens.
— ruby, m
— sapphire, f
— emerald, m
— garnet, f
— citrine, f
— amber, f
— topaz, m
all of the following are speckled sussex chickens.
— bunny, f
— millie, f
— minnie, f
— gumby, m

rivals
— damien hitchcock, played by @crows
— edmund stirling-moray, played by @truce.

enemies
— brock van den bergh, played by @truce
— charlie luciano, played by @beatles
— j, played by @darwin
— michael ford, played by @aj
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 09:25:53 AM by BRENDAN »

Offline BRENDAN

• View Profile
appearance.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 10:55:14 PM »
APPEARANCE

brendan's current face-claim is a younger nick robinson, and his voice-claim is (a slightly younger) finn wolfhard. however, when brendan's an adult his face- and voice-claim will both be michael fjordbak.

at the moment, brendan stands at a height of around five feet and nine inches, and is at a weight of 130-135 pounds. (he's continuing to grow; when he's an adult, he'll reach a staggering six-foot four.) his peach-colored frame is built to be slim and agile, and he is developing muscles. he has darker brown hair, and icy cold blue-gray eyes.

typically, he is seen wearing hoodies with muted colors (such as white, black, or dark blue), and dark blue or black jeans. he also wears dark brown snow boots for the colder weather, but sometimes he may also wear sneakers, such as converse. whenever outside during winter, he is seen wearing a black winter coat.

at the moment, brendan has no current injuries.

for permanent injuries, brendan has a scar on his left pinkie toe from j shooting him and, as a result of the shooting, his left pinkie toe is paralyzed. not only that, but charlie luciano carved two scars on his right shoulder when he was captured in the badlands.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:09:06 PM by BRENDAN »

Offline BRENDAN

• View Profile
personality.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 10:56:04 PM »
PERSONALITY

brendan is the istj-t (logistician) myer briggs personality type with a lawful neutral alignment. his main tropes are socially awkward hero, big brother instinct, and grew a spine. he scored a very low 44 on nonverbal immediacy scale when the male average is 93.

brendan is an introvert that simply prefers to keep to himself. while he can speak of course, he is often quiet and bad at holding conversations. as a result, he comes off as a teensy bit awkward. he is pretty hard to get close to, and extremely private and/or closed off about himself. to add on to that, he has a tendency to hide his feelings from others, but he still can be prone to showing anger. unfortunately, he doesn't smile often, but one might catch him smiling when around chickens or young children.

brendan is also very protective of the things he cares about, and will often defend what he believes needs to be protected. he is very strong-minded, and is almost always convinced that he's right. he is also judgmental and biased, especially towards the badlands; even then, he manages to have a strong sense of justice. not only that, but he is keen on being blunt and honest about his opinions.

brendan is overall very cautious when it comes to interacting with people, especially strangers. however, he is kind to some people, but also very standoff-ish to others—it depends on first impressions, mostly. despite all this, he is good with kids, and makes for a pretty darn good babysitter.

funnily enough, compliments and/or praise make him flustered, and his responses to such are always very mumbled.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:17:02 PM by BRENDAN »

Offline BRENDAN

• View Profile
combat.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 10:56:39 PM »
COMBAT

brendan is an easy or medium fighter for both physical and mental attacks, but his difficulty depends on the opponent. he has a decent offense but a weak defense. his main style of fighting is taekwondo, where he mainly utilizes kicks and his bo staff to his advantage; here is a reference for his fighting stance.

currently, brendan can perform basic kicks, but he is also learning more advanced ones.

brendan knows the following kicks: front snap kick, side kick, roundhouse kick, skip front kick, skip side kick, skip roundhouse kick, back side/spin kick, axe kick, hook kick.

brendan is learning the following kicks: jump front kick and spin hook kick.

Offline BRENDAN

• View Profile
timeline.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 10:57:21 PM »
TIMELINE

general tw for children getting shot/heavily wounded, kidnapping and death.

before flintlock
parents' and doggle's death (july 2037)
meeting may + taking temp refuge (july 2037)

august 2037
joining flintlock
bruce finds his chickens

september 2037
getting shot by j
telling bruce, dick and joh about j

october 2037
getting kidnapped by charlie
getting shoulder scars from charlie
returning from kidnapping

december 2037
promotion to trainee
thirteenth birthday
getting off crutches

february 2038
leaving flintlock
joining northstar

march 2038
fighting j

june 2038
rejoining flintlock

december 2038
fourteenth birthday

january 2039
promotion to representative & caretaker title

february 2039
fighting mike
promotion to senator
trial against mike

march 2039
ellie and dallas reading his doodle journal

may 2039
fighting raiders with mickey
receiving loyalist title
cheep's death
mental breakdown

july 2039
mickey saying goodbye to brendan

august 2039
mason giving him chickens

october 2039
— oocly stepped down from purser
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 12:34:36 PM by BRENDAN »

Offline BRENDAN

• View Profile
detailed history.
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 10:58:13 PM »
DETAILED HISTORY

tw for underage drinking, accidental pregnancy, unintentional emotional abuse, parental death, trauma, child injury.

brendan was born on december 25th, 2024 to two eighteen-year-old parents. unfortunately enough for him, he was an accident, a product of his parents getting too risky with alcohol after running away from home. the power was already out by the time he was born, so he's never had experience with electronics for the majority of his life. throughout the course of his life, he hasn't met any relative except for his parents, mainly due to the fact that his parents do not want to be associated with their family for reasons entirely unknown to him.

brendan's entire childhood is accidentally sheltered, where he didn't interact with anyone outside his family. he lived in a ranch in land o'lakes, florida, with a warmer climate even during the winter. at the age of six, he found a male chick and adopted him, naming him "roosty;" when he found three female chicks (woggle, boggle and doggle) a year later, his family decided to let him raise chickens to contribute to their home. he also learned how to plant crops, knit small accessories, and needle felt basic toys. he learns how to read and write, however he is stuck at basic levels of math since his parents never taught him past stuff like simple multiplication.

brendan and his parents' relationship was strained, especially considering the fact that his parents did not enjoy affection. therefore, hugs were denied, he wasn't allowed to cuddle, and full-on conversations were scarce. his parents still cared about him, they just never showed much love at all. unfortunately, brendan started out as a happy and sweet kid, but due to lack of affection and the upcoming trauma he will face, he became excessively introverted.

at the age of twelve, in july 2037, brendan's parents and doggle were shot and killed in a home invasion. the house burnt down after brendan ran away, managing to escape with his life, but unfortunately without his chickens. in his time as a homeless orphan, he lived off of pickpocketing and stealing food from strangers; at one point, he meets haruka (may) and her group, and temporarily camps with them before running away.

on august 20th, 2037, brendan joins flintlock.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 12:06:32 AM by BRENDAN »

Offline BRENDAN

• View Profile
headcanons.
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 10:59:02 PM »
HEADCANONS

tw for a bit of suicidal joking.

— loves his chickens. a lot. don't fuck with them or else he'll beat you into next week.
• he somehow is able to recognize each chicken and name them. no one knows why or how, but he can, and that's all that matters.
• adamantly refuses to kill a chicken; he will literally kill himself if it means keeping a chicken safe—don't test his love.

— he honestly really just needs a break, he works so much for the lodge and spends all day doing something beneficial, be it babysitting or whatever.

— speaking of babysitting, he's amazingly good with kids, he's basically the lodge's official babysitter.
• he's super protective of kiddos, and a part of it is because he wants to protect their childhood when his was absolutely ruined.
• the innocence children have remind him of his chickens somehow, so that definitely makes him like kids more.
• modern au he's a babysitter when he's a teenager.

— kinda spams emojis when he texts in modern au, but when he's older/not in high school he doesn't use them as much, if at all.
• honestly he embodies the student athlete meme so there's that.
• he will use the reaction things iphones have for messages, like the "haha" and the "?".
• a bit unrelated, but his instagram? literally only pictures of roosty; there isn't a single post with brendan's face in it. maybe an arm, maybe a leg, but never the face.

— he has a p small amount of claustrophobia.
• he doesn't outwardly show it a lot. for the most part, he just acts extra antsy.
• the smaller the room, the more fidget-y and eager to get the frick out he is.

— he also has a fear of large, empty rooms/buildings due to his time in badlands when he was kidnapped.
• flintlock's basement, in particular, terrifies the hell out of him. he'll literally never go in there.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 11:00:16 PM by BRENDAN »

Offline BRENDAN

• View Profile
au's.
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 10:59:35 PM »
AU'S

general tw for abuse, (child) death, minors getting (fatally) shot/wounded and kidnapping.

high school/modern au
brendan lives an average life in this au, however his parents are very pressing on him throughout. at five his parents throw him into taekwondo, but he ends up loving it so much to where he stays in it for years to come. at eleven he takes gymnastics, however quits once he's twelve in favor of the middle school track team. in high school he joins varsity track as a distance runner, and actually becomes pretty popular in the school. when he graduates, he either works as a cop or an olympic athlete for taekwondo depending on the version of this au.

medieval au
brendan is the prince of his nation, and therefore has a pampered and somewhat spoiled life. however, he still remains as a shy and very timid character due to being abused by his father and his father's personal knight. he becomes king at around twenty-one or twenty-two when a mutiny is held against his father (led by brendan's own personal guard), which results in the old king's death.

superhero au
brendan's parents die when he's twelve, and he hides in the streets pickpocketing others, but gets shot in the foot after pickpocketing the wrong man. he gets thrown around foster homes throughout his teenage years, and makes money by babysitting; he becomes a superhero (illegally) at seventeen due to one of the kids he babysits getting kidnapped. after saving a victim from a burning building, and seemingly "coming up from the ashes," the public calls him phoenix. he fights crime using his taekwondo skills, and also lives off of the money he earns from his taekwondo school, chickens' eggs, and the superhero agency.

supernatural au
at first, brendan lives a normal life much like modern au, however at seventeen he gets fatally shot when trying to protect a fourteen-year-old (leon) from a supposed mugger (a demon hunter). he dies, and then becomes leon's guardian angel, even though leon is a demon.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 11:03:37 PM by BRENDAN »

Offline BRENDAN

• View Profile
posting template.
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 11:00:29 PM »
POSTING TEMPLATE

Code: [Select]
[center][div style="width: 510px; min-height: 220px; border: 10px solid #595e91;"][div style="background-color: #f0f0f0; width: 440px; min-height: 200px; border: 15px solid #ccc; font-family: Times new roman; padding: 20px;"][div style="width: 400px; margin-top: 0px; text-align: justify; color: #222; overflow: hidden; min-height: 20px; max-height: 525px; padding: 20px;"][div style="padding-right: 37px; overflow: auto; max-height: 525px; min-height: 20px; font-size: 12px; width: 400px;"][div style="background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/D38p0Gl.jpg); background-size: cover; width: 80px; height: 80px; border: 1px solid #ccc; outline: 1px solid #595e91; float: left; margin-right: 10px;"][/div]text

[center][div style="width: 300px; text-align: center; color: #222; font-size: small;"]BRENDAN I COLLINS. # WORDS.[/div][/center][/div][/div][div style="background-color: #595e91; width: 400px; padding: 10px; height: 18px; padding-top: 11px; color: #f0f0f0; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; margin-top: 20px;"]SAILBOATS WISH THAT THEY WERE STARS[/div]
[div style="text-align: center; font-size: 10px; font-family: Times new Roman;"]beware hidden scroll.[/div][/div][/div][/center]

« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 10:47:16 AM by BRENDAN »

Offline BRENDAN

• View Profile
gifs.
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 11:01:01 PM »
GIFS
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 06:22:32 AM by BRENDAN »