Author Topic: Anyone want to talk about movies/TV shows?  (Read 104 times)

Offline PearlyServal

• She/Her
    • View Profile
Anyone want to talk about movies/TV shows?
« on: June 04, 2019, 11:26:54 PM »
Hey I’m bored and want to talk more on here but there’s not much active and so I figured I’d try and start a conversation :^)

Let’s do a questionnaire!
Idk which button is the code one to copy things so it’s gonna have to be done manually I’m sorry :(

Favourite movie(s):
Favourite show(s):
Preferred genre(s):
Movies/shows you’re looking forward to:

I’ll go first!
Favourite movies: Thor Ragnarok, Spider-Man Homecoming, Captain Marvel, HTTYD, Ponyo, Gondzilla King of monsters
Favourite shows: agents of shield, the flash, Gotham, Steven universe
Preferred genres: sci-fi, animated
Movies/shows you’re looking forward to: I’m actually really excited to see MIB international, it looks really good! I’m also interested in seeing xmen dark Phoenix, Spider-Man far from home, the Steven universe movie. I also kind of want to watch She-Ra but I don’t have any way to watch Netflix so I’m hoping it gets a DVD release.

But has anyone else seen the new Godzilla? I thought the first was kinda average and found it didn’t really show much of Godzilla but I actually really LOVED king of monsters. It was such a really nice movie and I loved all the monsters.

I’ve also watched quite a lot of movies but I’ve kept my favourite list to my overall favourites so I don’t end up putting in too many khndnsn.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 11:28:39 PM by PearlyServal »
Ravenblaze- Melanistic Serval- Recondite Realm
Non-binary (they/them)- Pan (has a preference for women)- witch

Tigertuft - Cat- Shadowclan - Female - Warrior

Offline Intoner

• View Profile
Re: Anyone want to talk about movies/TV shows?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 12:27:13 AM »
Hey, what's shakin'!

Favourite movie(s): Limitless, Hellboy / Hellboy II, The Autopsy of Jane Doe.

Favourite show(s): Limitless ( The TV Series ), Quiz Of God, Junji Ito Collection.

Preferred genre(s): Crime Fiction, Horror / Mystery

Movies/shows you’re looking forward to: Honestly? not a lot. I think the MIB looks really good though, especially because it has a great cast that I think can meet up to the expectations I have because of the older movies. There really hasn't been a lot coming out that I've wanted to see, I saw the Detective Pikachu movie but didn't think it was going to be as good as it turned out to be, which was great. Seen all the avengers movies, haven't really been satisfied with any of them since Black Panther; I really enjoyed Infinity War though... Endgame / Captain Marvel, not so much.

I don't watch a lot of movies anymore, and it's a little hard for me to get into TV shows; but I've watched a lot more than I have listed here. I think the big one recently was The Umbrella Academy, I thought it was really good but I've started reading the comics and it's a little... blegh, looking back. Although, I'm still super excited it got approved for a second season so I'll likely end up watching it no matter what lmao. Uh, I've seen Gotham and I really enjoyed it but I wouldn't say it's my favorite show in the whole world; I honestly like the animated DC / Marvel shows a lot more than any of the live-action shows or movies.

I haven't seen the new Godzilla movie but I've seen all the really old ones! I've sort of fallen out of action-based movies and honestly didn't think it looked good, but everyone keeps hyping it up and I actually really wanna see it? I dunno if I'd enjoy it though, it's been a long time since I've watched any of the Godzilla movies.

Offline PearlyServal

• She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 12:42:27 AM »
Detective pikachu was good but for me it was really only for the Pokémon, the plot and relationship building through it was kind of meh 😅
It was super fun though and I loved all the twists no matter what.

Yeah I kind of want to watch the older Godzilla movies but idk how I can??
Also the human drama isn’t particularly the best in the second and have to agree that it is kind of meh but if you’re just watching it for the monsters it is great! The first movie wasn’t that spectacular for that reason; that they focused way too heavily on people. But while the second still sort of has this problem there is still a lot more monster screen time.

Endgame was decent but it felt like it was checking things off a list to be done to make sure all things were covered, detective pikachu and endgame have that in common tbh. The twists were usually easier to predict even though we didn’t really know what to expect when going in I still somehow figured out each thing that was going to happen. I still liked it but tbh it really isn’t the best avengers movie at all. My list goes like this;
Infinity war-avengers-age of Ultron-endgame
I loved endgame but ultimately it was just way too predictable.
The worst marvel movie personally goes to doctor strange, he had such a mediocre introduction and just really slow and uninteresting. Plus he’s a complete AH in his own movie while he’s way more bearable in infinity war, idk why??

Offline BEATLES

• ☾*: — ‘ 西海岸 ’
  • . . .
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 11:59:43 AM »
ayyyyyyye
kinda wanted to see detective pikachu but i haven't gotten around to it!!
and yEAH i feel the same way about endgame,,, everything was just kinda? shoved in there
i def liked infinity war better

Favourite movie(s): This is hard hhngnmfm?? My favorites are all over the place tbh,, off the top of my head I can name Jersey Boys, Forrest Gump, The Godfather, The Sound of Music, Silence of the Lambs (and the general Star Wars, Star Trek, and Harry Potter movies). I like a lot of Disney too but my favorite movies from them would be Bambi, Big Hero 6, and the Lion King!!
Favourite show(s): I just finished Steven Universe and I loved it!! I also like Boardwalk Empire, the Sopranos, Stranger Things, Friends, and the Office
Preferred genre(s): Comedy, Drama, Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Animated, really anything?? Not a big fan of horror though
Movies/shows you’re looking forward to: The Lion King, definitely. Also Spider-Man FFH!!
「 CUPID HIT ME, CUPID HIT ME WITH PRECISION 」
❝ I WONDER IF YOU LOOK BOTH WAYS WHEN YOU CROSS MY MIND. ❞

beatles // feminine pronouns // characters // see profile for more info ♡

Offline PearlyServal

• She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 04:59:00 AM »
I’ve never watched any of those so I can’t comment on them minus Harry Potter and Disney oof. I’m kind of hype for frozen 2? Idk, it’s a shame we’re getting nothing much original from Disney this year but eh they’re becoming a monopoly so can’t say I’m missing out lol.
It’s hard to watch something now and not have it related to Disney in some way :/

But Spider-Man FFH is so close though!! I can’t wait
What did you think of the end of season 5 of Steven universe?