Author Topic:  i am the riot \\ open, baby names   (Read 78 times)

Offline hayley

• Board Mod
  • mulan for disney week
    • View Profile
 i am the riot \\ open, baby names 
« on: June 10, 2019, 08:04:46 AM »
there were little things that hayley had a habit of forgetting, there always were. she cleaned walls and folded laundry, but forgot to make her own bed most mornings. she rode everyone to get their three meals in, but most days forgot to drink more than a sip of water. and she spent most of her day, every day, with her daughter, but somehow forgot, so far along, to even consider names for the children to come.

slumped over a bit on the couch, hope fast asleep beside her, hayley found herself staring down at a sheet of paper in her notebook. hope held one of her hands tightly, little arms curled around it, and her other hand held a pen, twirling it about in her hand, eyes studying the sheet before her. her writing was a sort of small script, almost chicken scratch, letters jumping and dipping, curling pleasantly, letters moving about along the list of named, a low y intercepting with a high k on occasions.

maxon
ethan
collin
henry
clark
loren
aiden
connor
carter
isabella
aspen
rosalie
elizabeth
jaquline

juniper
genevieve
eden
delilah
birdie
holly

it was a list of baby names, similar to the list she'd formed before hope was born. the difference, of course, was that hope's name hadn't been from the list, but one hayley simply knew was right as soon as she saw her daughter. hope represented a sort of hope that they all, and moreso she herself, needed at that time.

but this time, she had three children to name, two girls and a boy. romantic as it would be to say she just wanted to pick something as soon as she saw them, she knew she needed to be better prepared this time than last time. so she sat there, toying with her pen, other hand surrendered to hope to hold, staring down at the list of names for a while, jaw clenched and eyes visibly lost in thought, somewhere far, far away.
make your girlfriend mad tight, might seduce your dad type

Offline EDMUND.

• . . .
    • View Profile
Re:  i am the riot \\ open, baby names 
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 12:53:13 PM »
Ed was lucky to not have to deal with having to name babies anymore. He'd already gone through the whole process alongside Blake and they were lucky to both pretty easily settle on the two baby names with little argument. Thomas and Charlotte, two names which were sweet and sophisticated, and perfect for the twins.

To Ed, the name 'Thomas' was particularly striking to him. After all, he missed his brother a lot. Thomas was quite possibly the funniest man he'd ever met, a man who was so rough around the edges but with a heart which was golden. Ed could never be him - he was far too awful of a man to ever amount to what Thomas had been - but he hoped that maybe, just maybe, someday baby Thomas could be a role model in somebody's life in the same way Ed's brother, Tom, had been to him.

Wandering into the living room, Ed's eyes landed on Hayley sat on the couch, notebook in hand. "What's that you got there?" He questioned quietly after a moment of wondering in silence, taking a seat in a nearby armchair. He was quiet, contemplative, as he peered over.

Spoiler: tags :: updated 05/10 • show
basics.
⋟ edmund theodore stirling-moray // ed, eddie, moray
⋟ goes by the name edmund moray
⋟ male // he/him
⋟ twenty three // ages real time // born seventh august
⋟ member of flintlock lodge // formerly a traveler with his family
⋟ product of an organized crime family, his father the mafia godfather
⋟ joined FL two years ago

appearance.
faceclaim - finn cole
voice claim - finn cole (tw in video. blood & violence)
⋟ 5'9ft // stocky, well-built frame
⋟ muted blue eyes and dirty blonde hair
⋟ physical health - 100% // current injuries: none
⋟ mental health - 100% // N/A

personality.
⋟ quiet in nature but confident in himself
⋟ completely fearless, almost foolishly so
⋟ insensitive and callous // cares for very few
⋟ very calm and calculative // always planning in his head
⋟ disciplined and practices good self-control
⋟ very flirtatious and persuasive // overly lustful
⋟ aloof and untrustworthy // jealous and deceitful
⋟ tactful and knows how to get what he wants
⋟ can be very nasty when he wants to be
⋟ but can also be very protective and faithful too
⋟ has a strong set of morals // has the quality of honor

relationships.
⋟ alfred stirling x leonora moray // both deceased
⋟ three older brothers // alfonso, dominik & franklin
⋟ the fifth stirling-moray brother, thomas, died years ago
⋟ two younger half-siblings // henry & ida
⋟ bisexual but he stays silent about homosexual activity
⋟ crushing on blake // is considering proposing
⋟ father of thomas moray and charlotte moray
⋟ owns a dog, angus

interaction.
storage // plot
⋟ physically: very hard // mentally: hard
⋟ father taught him how to kill at a young age
⋟ insensitive towards injuring or killing others // will do so without hesitation
⋟ very abrupt with newcomers but also willing to help them
⋟ often found guarding the lodge with a rifle
I SEE MYSELF IN THE PISTOL SMOKE . . .

Offline BRENDAN

• disney week
  • ic opinions ✦ @hootowls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 03:13:45 AM »
(( 4am I’m tired but I need to post ))

Baby names aren’t something Brendan often thinks about, just because...well, he’s not gonna have a baby. He’ll never have a baby—that’s a fact he learned at the age of five. So, therefore, he’s resorted to not bother himself to such a task, if one could call it that; it’s not like he even thinks about it much, either.

Granted, at the same time Brendan does often think about new potential names for his chickens. Like, his chickens are basically his children, right? They mean the world and beyond to him, they’re his pride and joy, the love of his life (in a family way); nothing will ever replace that. (And, don’t yell at him for this, but he strongly believes that chickens will forever be cuter than babies—it’s just a fact, no point in arguing with him.) But yeah, in terms of chickens, he thinks of future names often. He doesn’t bother jotting them down, but they’re there in his mind, at least.

Well, needless to say, walking in on Hayley deciding on baby names hasn’t been on his agenda today, but here he is: stepping into the room with a staff tucked under his armpit. Frown tugging at his lips a bit, Brendan meanders towards the corner of the room, blue-Gray eyes quickly landing on the paper. Last time he’s seen her like this, she was planning on baby names, so...? Is that what she’s doing now?

Leaning against the wall, Brendan rolls his shoulders, remaining silent; edmund’s already nailed the question he has, so hey.

(( you can definitely tell that my brain is dead with this post wow ))

BRENDAN I COLLINS. 257 WORDS.
falling down like angels fighting            
stars enlightening, hold me tightly . tags

Offline MILES.

• @aj
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 11:18:10 PM »
"speech" 'thought' text
tw mentions of alcohol, smoking, death, and violence

Miles was pretty tired, but the slow recovery from drunken agony was happening. His head still pounded, felt like the world was trying to assassinate all of his senses. The dark haired man frowned slightly as he slowly, carefully walked up, Cassie pattering faithfully beside him, his solid companion for the past few weeks.

It was amazing how splendid the puppy was, and how much she noticed... Miles felt like a bit of an ass for his earlier behaviors. Enough to change them? Jury was still out. Miles frowned slightly as he stopped a few paces away from Hayley, raising an eyebrow at the scene before him. Hayley, Hope, Edmund, and Brendan.

Miles felt so tired at the moment, but he just wanted to check up on the people around him, see how they were. "Heya guys... what's up?" The dark haired man inquired quietly.
MILES ATTAWAY
Miles Henry Attaway is a thirty year old man. He is Hayley's half brother, and currently resides in Flintlock Lodge. He is a kind and thoughtful man, incredibly loyal to his family. He has a st. Bernard puppy named "Cassie" whom he dotes on and loves. Open to power played nonviolent interactions with characters.

Offline hayley

• Board Mod
  • mulan for disney week
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 11:21:01 PM »
hayley would be lying if she said she hadn't considered it, considered naming the boy jackson junior. she wanted-- no, needed them to know their father. never in body, but in story at least, and it'd be impossible for them to forget him if their brother was named after him. even if something happened to her, even if she couldn't live to tell them about him, she wanted them to remember he existed. and besides, lightning never struck the same place twice, right?

but she couldn't do that to herself. she'd never move on if she had to say his name every day, if she had to think about him every time she looked at her son. and yet, as her eyes landed on brendan, her lips parted, then shut, eyes shifting down to her paper, hand moving down the page to the bottom corner.

middle names
jackson
brendan

glancing back at edmund, then miles, and their questions, she sighed, shrugging a shoulder. ❝trying to come up with some names for the babies. naming humans is too goddamn stressful, i don't know why i can't just call them one, two, and three. it'd save me a headache.❞ she muttered, glancing between the men as she turned the paper towards them, holding it up. ❝any votes for or against any of them?❞ she inquired, quirking a brow.
make your girlfriend mad tight, might seduce your dad type

Offline EDMUND.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 07:32:54 AM »
Ed released a short breath as he acknowledged Hayley's struggles. She was right; naming babies was a stressful deal, especially since it would be their birth name for the rest of their days. But, though the twins were still only just under two months old, Eddie was confident that Thomas and Charlotte never would grow old on him. Hopefully they'd feel the same way towards their name in the years to come.

Hayley lifted a sheet of paper with baby names written down on them, only for the man to lean forward in his seat and squint as he searched the list. "I like Maxon." He agreed after several moments of silent deliberation. Slowly nodding his head to himself, he finally added, "Eden, too. And Rosalie. Those are my top three... I think."

Spoiler: tags :: updated 05/10 • show
basics.
⋟ edmund theodore stirling-moray // ed, eddie, moray
⋟ goes by the name edmund moray
⋟ male // he/him
⋟ twenty three // ages real time // born seventh august
⋟ member of flintlock lodge // formerly a traveler with his family
⋟ product of an organized crime family, his father the mafia godfather
⋟ joined FL two years ago

appearance.
faceclaim - finn cole
voice claim - finn cole (tw in video. blood & violence)
⋟ 5'9ft // stocky, well-built frame
⋟ muted blue eyes and dirty blonde hair
⋟ physical health - 100% // current injuries: none
⋟ mental health - 100% // N/A

personality.
⋟ quiet in nature but confident in himself
⋟ completely fearless, almost foolishly so
⋟ insensitive and callous // cares for very few
⋟ very calm and calculative // always planning in his head
⋟ disciplined and practices good self-control
⋟ very flirtatious and persuasive // overly lustful
⋟ aloof and untrustworthy // jealous and deceitful
⋟ tactful and knows how to get what he wants
⋟ can be very nasty when he wants to be
⋟ but can also be very protective and faithful too
⋟ has a strong set of morals // has the quality of honor

relationships.
⋟ alfred stirling x leonora moray // both deceased
⋟ three older brothers // alfonso, dominik & franklin
⋟ the fifth stirling-moray brother, thomas, died years ago
⋟ two younger half-siblings // henry & ida
⋟ bisexual but he stays silent about homosexual activity
⋟ crushing on blake // is considering proposing
⋟ father of thomas moray and charlotte moray
⋟ owns a dog, angus

interaction.
storage // plot
⋟ physically: very hard // mentally: hard
⋟ father taught him how to kill at a young age
⋟ insensitive towards injuring or killing others // will do so without hesitation
⋟ very abrupt with newcomers but also willing to help them
⋟ often found guarding the lodge with a rifle
I SEE MYSELF IN THE PISTOL SMOKE . . .

Offline BRENDAN

• disney week
  • ic opinions ✦ @hootowls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 01:34:05 AM »
(( tw mentions of death ))

brendan hasn’t ever thought of that, naming a new chicken—or in Hayley’s case, a new baby—after a deceased loved one. It’s...hhh, honestly? He can’t see himself favoring that idea whatsoever; it sounds tough. Hard. Like he’s supposed to move on, and that he has, but in reality he...well, he continues to meekly grip onto the angst of it all. He’d be lying if he said that his parents’ death doesn’t hurt anymore, or that cheep’s recent passing makes him toss and turn in his own regret and guilt at night. He tries his very best and beyond to remain calm and collected, yet how convincing that may seem depends on the viewer. He thinks he’s pretty good at it, though.

Anyways—naming. Names. Whatever; anything to get the subject off of his own darn grief. Lips pressing together, Brendan flickers his stare on over towards miles, taking quick note of the...oof, how would he even describe that? sloppy...appearance...? Uh, yeah—sure. Yikes, though; Miles looks like he just got hit by a tornado-Train of death. Call Brendan judgmental, but he literally has zero fricken clue as to what that man’s going through. He didn’t have his own chicken die, did he? No. Rolling his eyes, Brendan exhales through somewhat gritted teeth, stepping forward to glance at Hayley’s paper.

For a moment, nothing sticks out to him. At first, it’s just a bunch of scribbles to represent potential names and, to be quite frank, this is nowhere near brendan’s speciality. He can name chickens all day long, but humans? Chances are, he’s going to be that one guy who names his future kid "chicken," because lord knows he can’t think of anything else to save his life. (An exaggerated lie...hopefully.)

And then—he sees his name.

Taken aback, Brendan blinks, eyes widening before he squints them into tiny slits as he studies the shapes, leaning closer with crossed arms. Is...is this a joke or something? It has to be a joke; no one just names their kid after someone else, middle name or not. Jeez though, is his name hilarious to Hayley or something? That’s a bit insulting, to put it unnecessarily light. Eyebrows furrowing, Brendan leans back to a straightened position, shoulders a little tense as he tilts his head.

Finally, he mumbles out after a few moments of hasty thinking: "why’s my name there?"

BRENDAN I COLLINS. 392 WORDS.
falling down like angels fighting            
stars enlightening, hold me tightly . tags