Author Topic: [ dig up habits - roman darrow ]  (Read 840 times)

Offline roman.

• he/him
    • View Profile
[ dig up habits - roman darrow ]
« on: June 27, 2019, 12:13:51 AM »
roman darrow
my
quiet
mind
dissolves
at
the
thought
of
you
"you really have to learn
not to trust a fox"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 11:16:43 AM by roman. »
I REMEMBER WHEN I USED TO FEEL
it was beautiful .

Offline roman.

• he/him
    • View Profile
Re: [ dig up habits - roman darrow ]
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 09:53:58 AM »
BASICS
a
name: roman lee darrow
nickname(s): prefers going by rome or ro
name origin: strong, powerful

birthday: december 27
zodiac: capricorn

sexuality: he doesn't really know. relationships have never really been something he's thought much about in his life.

current whereabouts: bluestem, second in command
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 11:09:20 AM by roman. »
it was beautiful .

Offline roman.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 10:03:31 AM »
APPEARANCE
a
FACE
• hair
     • length: a little on the longer side
     • color: golden brown
     • style: it's all over the damn place
• eyes
     • shape: almond
     • color: blue
• skin
     • complexion: fair skin
     • ethnicity:  Caucasian
• notable facial features:
mostly the eyes, very thin lips

BODY
• height: 5'7''
• weight: 165 lbs
• build: surprisingly muscular
• body modifications: has a triangle tat on the left side of his chest
• scars/imperfections: none

HEALTH
• mentally: 80%
• physically: 90%
• emotionally: 80%

AESTHETIC

• style: roman really lacks a sense of style. he wears anything that fits, and generally doesn't care if it's a worn white bro-tank or if it's a nice button-up.
• common facial expressions:
the
always-judging
look
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 04:47:21 PM by roman. »
it was beautiful .

Offline roman.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 10:43:30 AM »
PERSONALITY
a
the first notable trait that comes to mind about rome would be how clever he is. he's best described as a fox, cunning and witty, likely to try and out-wit just about anyone with his quick thinking. he's quick on his feet and likes to think that his wit is truly top-tier from years of practice.

he's an intelligent man, but the term rome coins himself as is "people-smart." he knows how people work, knows how to use said inner workings to get what he wants. usually he can be seen observing people and picking apart certain traits about them- and can brainstorm some pretty great ideas on how to make these traits work in his own favor. it's borderline manipulative, but he never really views it as manipulation. at its very core is simply rome wanting to achieve good things for himself, and if that happens to make someone cry, then so be it. he's not doing it to ruin someone else's life, but instead to get what he wants at the time. undoubtedly insensitive of him, selfish as well-- but the terrible manipulative aspect of it isn't used too often. usually it's simply the watching, picking up how someone is, that he uses most. either to get on really good terms with someone, or to push someone's buttons (because, wow, rome loves pushing buttons).

overall, the observation and borderline-manipulation is so that he can assert himself in ways that'll make him happy.

he oftentimes struggles with the mundane. doing things that have been done for years, traditionally, is boring to him. oftentimes he's seeking an escape from the mundane and ordinary, seeking more thrilling and different choices than what's always been done. sometimes this can appear like he's slacking, but it's that doesn't enjoy ordinary tasks. they can really put him in a bad space. though, he can very well pull his own weight, but he'll oftentimes do a few things to make it slightly different than the normal routine of it all- or sometimes force himself to conform for the betterment of the group.

oftentimes he does things for the betterment of the group whether he likes it or not. his loyalty runs deep and, while he can seem somewhat shifty and a bit of a trouble-maker, he still has a heart. he cares deeply for those close to him and would protect them with his god damn life if it came down to it. that, or he'd even use his observation skills to try and bring some good luck into his friends' lives.

he never views himself as a bad guy, just someone who's constantly chasing Happy. and that's the best way to put it.

the rundown:
- clever little sneak, cunning, witty
- quick on his feet, quick thinker, good brainstormer
- smart, but coins it as being "people smart" rather than book smart or street smart
- argumentative, likes to push buttons to a point where he can seem insensitive, and can even sometimes push things a bit too far
- struggles with the mundane, is constantly seeking ways of "escaping" boring grunt work and trying to avoid practical matters. can come off as him "slacking"
--- but he's determined. he can pull his own weight. he just hates having to do things the way they've always been done

personality type: entp
notable traits: clever, cunning, observant, "people smart"
positive traits: smart, charismatic, witty, quick thinker, determined, intelligent
neutral traits: sneaky, observant, the type to silently judge someone and make it incredibly obvious, self-aware
negative traits: argumentative, likes to push buttons, usually turns the tables so things end up good for him in the end, selfish

yikes @ this bio
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 03:09:02 PM by roman. »
it was beautiful .

Offline roman.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 04:53:54 PM »
HISTORY
a
most of his traits can be traced back to his parents. both of them con artists in their prime, they were always moving their small family of three from one place to another, trying to escape the law or an angry victim of their cons. while rome had never been directly involved in any of their schemes (that he was aware of), he still learned a thing or two about how people worked and how he could spin any situation around so he came out of it happy in the end.

still, he had never really gotten to make friends. which is why sometimes with friends he can have a couple, and he can be devoted as hell to those friendships, but he's not very emotive in them- coming off as relatively distant. because in his childhood he had never known if he'd get to stick around long enough to waste pouring all of that emotion into. it didn't help that his mother wasn't very emotive, either. his mom had been relatively distant, so that oftentimes left him with his dad.

roman's closest friend have to have been his dad too, admittedly. he spent almost every waking moment with him, when his dad wasn't out "working" at least. and he was constantly being taught tricks from him; about how people worked, how life worked. ro liked to think he had learned pretty fast, and his dad agreed with him. his dad had prided himself on raising rome to be the next best con artist in the family, one of the best.

though, eventually, roman ended up getting conned by his own family. all of his personal belongings gone, no money and no way to bounce back up, he had come to learn that he couldn't let that happen again. he had to learn to never let someone get that close to him again, and more importantly, to never let someone use him the way he had been used. not without at least getting them, first.

//yikes this is a terrible history too rip
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:45:56 PM by roman. »
it was beautiful .

Offline roman.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 11:09:24 PM »
INTERACTION
a
around strangers, he's usually looking to see if they're someone who can out-wit him. if they don't have their wits about them, rome is quick to kinda put them on the backburner. he's burning with debatable discussions to ask strangers to truly scope them out.

around people he knows, he is one of the more quiet ones, but still makes a few lines in to at least assert his presence. nothing special, rally.

around his friends, he can be a whole lot of.. something. if his friends are more emotional and need a shoulder to cry on, he has no idea what to do. he's not the type to talk about emotions and feelings. he's there to offer a few rational next steps, but when it comes to emotions and feelings, he's just not known for having a sensitive or nurturing nature.

his ideal love interest would be someone who can confront or even battle him. he doesn't care much for someone simply handing him out their loyalty or support. he doesn't even dream about someone sitting and listening to him talk about his feelings- he wants someone who's a bit destructive. rome loves a challenge, and being with someone destructive is an absolute must for him. challenging, chaotic individuals are definitely his go-to.

romantic interests: franklin stirling-moray
relationship status: taken

family:
mary darrow - mother - current whereabouts unknown
john darrow - father - current whereabouts unknown
cassius "cas" darrow - 29 - brother - current whereabouts unknown
livia "livvy" darrow - 28 - sister - current whereabouts unknown
august "gus" darrow - 11 - brother - current whereabouts unknown
julia "ju" darrow - 3 - sister - current whereabouts unknown
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 02:11:54 PM by roman. »
it was beautiful .