Author Topic:  perry please come home \\ meeting 7.7   (Read 75 times)

Offline hayley

• Board Mod
    • View Profile
 perry please come home \\ meeting 7.7 
« on: July 07, 2019, 10:33:55 PM »
the nights somehow felt longer these days. the time between sunset and sunrise hadn't changed much, if at all, in the recent nights, but it somehow felt like it was dragging on for miles. they were too long, too heavy, too quiet. somehow, hayley found herself missing winter; those nights, at least, no one expected to be heavy and quiet. summer was supposed to be happy and warm, a time without fear or concern, but somehow it just... wasn't. not anymore, not for her.

❝meeting.❞ she called, and though her voice carried as the brunette stood at the front of the room, it was still somehow low and ladden with a weight, a heaviness. as she stood there, leaning against the wall beside the fireplace, she looked like atlas, carrying the weight of the world.
make your girlfriend mad tight, might seduce your dad type

Offline BRENDAN

• ic opinions ✦ @hootowls
    • View Profile
Re:  perry please come home \\ meeting 7.7 
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 03:28:05 AM »
i don't need your advice.
i don't need your advice.
(( assuming this is after the raid ))

the whole...vibe, he guesses, of the lodge has changed ever since the raid. While the lodge has never been super energetic and cheerful, it always seemed somewhat happy and okay for a while. Now, though? Everyone has blood on their hands, their eyes are widened, and their ears are tuned in for any potential bad guys. Even some of those who didn’t participate in the raid whatsoever—like Brendan—are alert; it’s a time to be careful, he thinks. Honestly, a part of him wonders if that gang or whatever is officially done with, if that they’re all dead and won’t be coming back, however it’s not exactly something pleasant to think about. So, he tries not to, especially now that there’s a meeting in session that he has to listen to.

Leaning against a wall, Brendan waits patiently for the meeting to start, hands shoved into his hoodie pockets. He can’t help but question if...if another raid like this would ever happen again, more specifically with a group like the badlands. Dear god, he hopes not.

HIDDEN SCROLL. 175 WORDS.
falling down like angels fighting            
stars enlightening, hold me tightly . tags

Offline harrison.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 09:39:28 AM »

meeting. as hayley called that, and as others slowly lumbered in, harrison couldn’t help but notice how-- heavy the room felt. it looked like hayley was carrying a weight on her shoulders that he couldn’t begin to describe. had something happened at the raid? he glanced around to look at those who had chosen to gone to the raid, to see if they had the same look about them. he would’ve gone with, but he knew that he wouldn’t have been any help at the raid. he couldn’t fight as well as all the others could.

guess he’d have to stick around to find out what was wrong.

Offline MILES.

• @aj
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 01:16:22 PM »
"speech" 'thought' text
tw mentions of alcohol, smoking, death, and violence

Miles didn't have a problem with meetings, in fact, he liked them, they were usually informative, and he found the stuff that Hayley had to say interesting. There was, however, a downside to meetings, and that was, he couldn't slip away directly after the meal was finished. Ah well, he'd survive being around his fellow lodgers for a few extra minutes, maybe a half hour, who really knew how long meetings went.

The man folded his hands in front of him, resting his elbows on the table, and his head on his hands. In this position he watched Hayley amiably, waiting for her to continue.
MILES ATTAWAY
Miles Henry Attaway is a thirty year old man. He is Hayley's half brother, and currently resides in Flintlock Lodge. He is a kind and thoughtful man, incredibly loyal to his family. He has a st. Bernard puppy named "Cassie" whom he dotes on and loves. Open to power played nonviolent interactions with characters.

Offline EDMUND.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 11:21:39 AM »
      Edmund was quiet as he slipped into the room upon hearing the announcement that the meeting was due to begin soon. He remained close to the door, folding his arms across his chest comfortably whilst muted blue eyes flitted about at the others dotted around the room. Undoubtedly, Hayley would speak of the recent raid which, in Edmund's opinion, had gone as well as he could've hoped. He just hoped that he wasn't the only one who felt that way.

Spoiler: tags :: updated 05/10 • show
basics.
⋟ edmund theodore stirling-moray // ed, eddie, moray
⋟ goes by the name edmund moray
⋟ male // he/him
⋟ twenty three // ages real time // born seventh august
⋟ member of flintlock lodge // formerly a traveler with his family
⋟ product of an organized crime family, his father the mafia godfather
⋟ joined FL two years ago

appearance.
faceclaim - finn cole
voice claim - finn cole (tw in video. blood & violence)
⋟ 5'9ft // stocky, well-built frame
⋟ muted blue eyes and dirty blonde hair
⋟ physical health - 100% // current injuries: none
⋟ mental health - 100% // N/A

personality.
⋟ quiet in nature but confident in himself
⋟ completely fearless, almost foolishly so
⋟ insensitive and callous // cares for very few
⋟ very calm and calculative // always planning in his head
⋟ disciplined and practices good self-control
⋟ very flirtatious and persuasive // overly lustful
⋟ aloof and untrustworthy // jealous and deceitful
⋟ tactful and knows how to get what he wants
⋟ can be very nasty when he wants to be
⋟ but can also be very protective and faithful too
⋟ has a strong set of morals // has the quality of honor

relationships.
⋟ alfred stirling x leonora moray // both deceased
⋟ three older brothers // alfonso, dominik & franklin
⋟ the fifth stirling-moray brother, thomas, died years ago
⋟ two younger half-siblings // henry & ida
⋟ bisexual but he stays silent about homosexual activity
⋟ crushing on blake // is considering proposing
⋟ father of thomas moray and charlotte moray
⋟ owns a dog, angus

interaction.
storage // plot
⋟ physically: very hard // mentally: hard
⋟ father taught him how to kill at a young age
⋟ insensitive towards injuring or killing others // will do so without hesitation
⋟ very abrupt with newcomers but also willing to help them
⋟ often found guarding the lodge with a rifle
I SEE MYSELF IN THE PISTOL SMOKE . . .

Offline hayley

• Board Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 02:22:47 AM »
people, both those who'd attended and those who'd opted not to, drew in, drew quiet. hayley never liked the eyes, she never liked being looked at. not just in meetings, but in life in general; she'd always preferred to remain comfortable in her bubble of isolation, always preferred invisibility. she'd taken on leadership of her own free will, but the decision was a mixture of someone has to do it and i want things to be built to last for my children. she'd never wanted power or respect, simply the ability to build a home for her family.

and yet there she was, weighed down beneath the eyes, leaning against the wall to offer her back some degree of relief. ❝alright, well,❞ she said finally, clearing her throat, ❝for those of you who may not know, we held a counterattack against the people who raided us. all went well, there were minimal causalities on our part, but there were a few. those bodies have been buried west of here, the graves marked the best we're able to.❞ she didn't know what else to say. somehow, she was becoming numb to this; another day in the flintlock lodge, another dead body. or, rather, another dozen. when had this become her life?

❝i'd like us to try to return to normal, or as close as we can get.❞ her teeth sank into her lip at that one, hands stuffed into the pockets of her sweater. ❝i don't want anyone to live in fear, not here. patrols will remain frequent, we'll continue to have a larger guard duty, to prevent these things from happening again. it'll take time for everyone to move on, i understand that, but in the end we have to figure out a way ton do so.❞ she kept her shoulders squared, her voice steady. after all they'd been through, they needed calm.

❝onto the more mundane things,❞ she cleared her throat, motioned with her arm to people as she indicated them, ❝i'd like to welcome anton, hanna, and fletcher. after a raid on their own home in springfield, destroying their home, they've come here to try to build a live for themselves. they're good people, i should know first hand as much, and i expect everyone to be polite to them. i'd also like to, uh, welcome mason.❞ she didn't introduce her father, or tell everyone to behave with him; like with her brother, it somehow felt too strange, too off-balance. she'd gone from no family to having them pop up like moles in a field, and the brunette still couldn't figure out how she felt about it.

❝otherwise, there isn't much to say. i'd like everyone to step it up, though; no demotions this time, but by the next meeting if things haven't improved, expect them.❞ she understood perfectly well that she herself had been slow as of late, and she ought to lead by example, though in her defense she was... seven months pregnant. with triplets. she had her damn justifications. ❝meeting dismissed.❞

ooc summary
- the raid was successful with minimal losses on flintlock's part. though guards and patrols will remain increased, hayley would like people to try to get more comfortable and feel safer in the lodge as much as possible.
- welcome to anton, hanna, fletcher, and mason. they're all me so :shrug: kejdhfdhf
- no demotions because i know we've all been slow, but we all have to try to pick things up for flintlock's sake. just a general warning to everyone (except hoot).
- meeting was dismissed.
make your girlfriend mad tight, might seduce your dad type