Author Topic: he's mine, that boy is mine // WEDDING RECEPTION, OPEN  (Read 223 times)

Offline blake m.

• blake moray
  • ic opinions | @noccy
    • She/They
    • View Profile
he's mine, that boy is mine // WEDDING RECEPTION, OPEN
« on: July 13, 2019, 01:54:42 PM »
clever as the devil
and twice as pretty       
She is a queen, her soul is royalty
  The reception was mostly outside, though it was also inside should people prefer to be there. It was warm enough that people may want a jacket of some sort, but it was definitely warmer than it usually was in Flintlock. There was booze, one of the brothers was grilling, and the bride had an hour and a half of which she could drink.

Blake held Charlotte with one arm who was wearing the dress Hope wore to Hayley's wedding, an offering Hayley made. Lottie was cooing and gurgling, talking to her mommy before getting distracted by putting her fist in her mouth. Blake was sitting down, her drink on the table out of the baby's reach. She kissed the top of Lottie's head and watched her just be...her.

Today was supposed to be about her, but that was had to do when the twins were cute. They could smile and make little noises, plus Blake was definitely a worrysome mom. She'd rather have one of the twins with her whenever she could. Even if the twins were with the brothers she worried. So maybe she wasn't going to enjoy the reception like she should as the bride, not until the twins were maybe put down for a nap or something. But everyone else was having a good time it seemed. Between drinks, food, and dancing it at least seemed like it.

Happy moments like this seemed so surreal. Everyone getting together and enjoying an event like this, getting along and just enjoying life. It was something she had admired about Hayley's wedding and all the events the groups had. She was thrilled her wedding would be such an event.

//shit this is bad okay. So there's music, booze, food. It's outside so people would probably want some sort of light jacket? Feel free to have your characters talk to Blake or just have people meet from different groups whatever.
thes code
bio - inventory - tags - pinterest

Offline BRENDAN

• ic opinions ✦ @hootowls
    • View Profile
Re: he's mine, that boy is mine // WEDDING RECEPTION, OPEN
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 01:41:55 AM »
i don't need your advice.
i don't need your advice.
weddings aren’t Brendan’s forte. While he’s been in a few by now (and by few he means two, now three), and therefore he knows the drill, perfectly understands the correct way to avoid the heck out of people, sometimes things refuse to go accordingly to plan. Honestly, for a bit Brendan didn’t even consider attending the wedding; he knew Blake decently enough, watched over her kids during the raid. Edmund, though...yikes. But somehow, in some way, Brendan managed to be one of the ushers for the wedding, ordering people to ditch weapons and, if they didn’t, well...he had every right to literally kick them out, right? He hopes so, because there’s a decent chance he might’ve done that to one person. Just one, though—he usually isn’t that violent, and people usually aren’t that stupid.

Well...he feels that everyone is pretty stupid, but that’s a different story that should be saved for a different day.

Fixing the cuffs of his tux, Brendan sighs, leaning against a tree with crossed arms as the festivities drag on. Jeez, feels just like Hayley’s wedding. And the summer barbecue. Ugh. Exhaling sharply once more, he tilts his head to the side, eyeing the snack table before turning his head to face the opposite direction, towards the lodge. Are his chickens okay? Dear god, they better be; as much as he wants to ditch this dumb party and go...kick a bag or something, he doesn’t know, he very well understands that he isn’t going to waste effort. it took way too long for him to find this stupid navy blue tux and, as a result, it took way too long for him to put it on. Similarly to Hayley’s wedding, he opted not to bother with a tie, and just slapped a bow tie on his chest and called it a day.

Call it boring, but he doesn’t give a crap. Honestly, this whole wedding is more boring than watching a chicken sleep, to put it gently. (not...not like that Brendan would want to do that, anyways.)

HIDDEN SCROLL. 341 WORDS.
MY EYES ARE TIRED; I DON'T EVEN CARE

Offline EDMUND.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 01:29:56 PM »
      The shrill of off-key singing came from Alfonoso, the tall and burly man swinging his shoulders mindlessly along to the music as he flipped meat over on the grill. Edmund had been peering over, a small huff of amusement passing through his nostrils before he stood up, took a swig of his whiskey, and then headed closer back to the party. This'd been exactly how he envisaged the reception - loud, hustling and bustling and absolutely amazing to witness. He'd always been one for big parties, funnily enough. Despite his general quietness, he by no means was shy to the idea of getting drunk and having fun. In fact, it'd been his entire life as a bachelor. But now, he had other priorities in his life a lot more important to him than alcohol and spending his nights with strangers.

Wandering over towards his wife, a crooked smile slowly found itself wandering across his lips as he tipped his head towards her. ❝ Give Lottie to Nik; I'd like to ask you to dance with me. ❞ He raised a brow before holding his hand out for her to take.

Spoiler: tags :: updated 05/10 • show
basics.
⋟ edmund theodore stirling-moray // ed, eddie, moray
⋟ goes by the name edmund moray
⋟ male // he/him
⋟ twenty three // ages real time // born seventh august
⋟ member of flintlock lodge // formerly a traveler with his family
⋟ product of an organized crime family, his father the mafia godfather
⋟ joined FL two years ago

appearance.
faceclaim - finn cole
voice claim - finn cole (tw in video. blood & violence)
⋟ 5'9ft // stocky, well-built frame
⋟ muted blue eyes and dirty blonde hair
⋟ physical health - 100% // current injuries: none
⋟ mental health - 100% // N/A

personality.
⋟ quiet in nature but confident in himself
⋟ completely fearless, almost foolishly so
⋟ insensitive and callous // cares for very few
⋟ very calm and calculative // always planning in his head
⋟ disciplined and practices good self-control
⋟ very flirtatious and persuasive // overly lustful
⋟ aloof and untrustworthy // jealous and deceitful
⋟ tactful and knows how to get what he wants
⋟ can be very nasty when he wants to be
⋟ but can also be very protective and faithful too
⋟ has a strong set of morals // has the quality of honor

relationships.
⋟ alfred stirling x leonora moray // both deceased
⋟ three older brothers // alfonso, dominik & franklin
⋟ the fifth stirling-moray brother, thomas, died years ago
⋟ two younger half-siblings // henry & ida
⋟ bisexual but he stays silent about homosexual activity
⋟ crushing on blake // is considering proposing
⋟ father of thomas moray and charlotte moray
⋟ owns a dog, angus

interaction.
storage // plot
⋟ physically: very hard // mentally: hard
⋟ father taught him how to kill at a young age
⋟ insensitive towards injuring or killing others // will do so without hesitation
⋟ very abrupt with newcomers but also willing to help them
⋟ often found guarding the lodge with a rifle
I STRUGGLED WITH SOME DEMONS.
I DIDN'T KNOW I HAD
PERMISSION TO MURDER AND TO MAIM

Offline jazz

• nd's official ghoul boy
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 10:15:16 PM »

— jazz didn’t really know how to party. parties hadn’t been too frequent where he had come from, and usually he was just happy to get to blow out a couple of candles on a cake -- but this was way better. there had been the fireworks display at northstar, and that had been about it when it came to parties. but he did know how to have a good time.

he loved the stirling-morays, so of course he’d have to show up for this big occasion. by the looks of it, he definitely was one of the many invited… but he still felt so damn glad to be there, anyway. currently he was working his way through the crowds of people on the dance floor, trying to say hello to some good friends or trying to make some new ones as well.

dancing across the floor, drink in hand, he flashed a couple of smiles whenever he locked eyes with someone, and tried to make out some familiar faces.

//yikes @ this post

✧ like a flower made of iron
bio —  @elysian —  hover

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 01:30:55 AM »
C  A  T  A  L  Y  S  T
This was what, their second wedding? Third counting the one that they'd attended when they were a baby. To be honest, they were enjoying this one quite a bit more than Hayley's (not to cause offense to the widow), largely due to the weather being far more pleasant and not having to do anything other than keep their boyfriend and baby happy. Neither was all that hard, a kiss for Gav and a booped nose for Mo.

Now they were lounging in the Lodge, bouncing Mo on their knee and waiting for Gavril to get back with drinks, a dull look on their face.

//this is so bad but I'm so tired

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 07/14/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 06/26/39 ⇥ Led a raid on the Insurrection
⇥ 06/29/39 ⇥ Reunited with Louie
⇥ 06/26/39 ⇥ Had a talk with their father

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. One of the easiest to notice is one that stretches down their right cheek. While not a scar, one very notable marking on their chest is the "BL" brand. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
⇥ Adopted parent of Molly Valentina Darrow-Lupei (Mo)
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Very much taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Carries a handgun
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Attack in bold #0d0d0d and tag @/Bryne
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

I've been defeated I begged for what I needed
I suffered now I'm ready for war

Offline BROCK.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 07:13:07 AM »
      Ah, weddings. Brock hadn't witnessed love so innocent and naive like this one in years. It was more often the case where people wreaked havoc to the world around him - Brock was no exception. He was so comfortable with violence, bloodshed and misery that the faintest glimpse into a world of hopefulness, adoration and life almost sickened him. He was by no means a bitter man who wished for destruction in his path, he just wasn't... used to love anymore. Especially not after his beautiful Alexandra died.

Love for him held an entirely different meaning. Love for his son - that kid was fucking amazing - and love for the people he'd brought under his wing with the intention to protect them. He had become a father to those who'd never been anybody's son or daughter in years, and Brock chose to adore them as if they were his own offspring. After all, with love grew respect, and respect meant that those who'd live for him would also die for him. Brock enjoyed the feeling of security, even though perhaps it was cruel to lead people on in this way. Love for him was a lie; it was all a lie, darling.

With lips pursed together, curious eyes glimmered with mischief as he watched the party-goers enjoy their evening. He, dressed cleanly in a black three piece suit, waistcoat blood red with golden embroidery. Rings stacked across his fingers - of course all stolen from past endeavors - and finishing off his look with a dark gambler hat. He was a man so violently garish in his choice of clothing, yet it was always so apparent that he was proud to be this way. After all, despite the perhaps distasteful choice of attire, it gave him the appearance of authority, a look which he so gladly would clasp onto. Somebody had to look the part in Bluestem, after all.

Speaking of which, his brow cocked at the sight of the leader, Silas, waltzing through the party. It wasn't difficult to spot to (probably to Silas' delight) with the hot pink silken dress shirt that he sported and the brown and cream patterned suit pants which looked like they belonged on a mannequin in a Gucci store. ❝ Are you tryna upstage the groom? ❞ Brock asked, a cheeky smirk riddling his features as Silas scrunched his face up before cocking a hip out. ❝ I'm not trying to; I have upstaged him, and don't I look fuckin' fantastic? ❞ Silas returned confidently, words slurring from the alcohol he'd been drinking. ❝ It's an acquired taste, that's for sure ❞ Chuckled Brock, tipping his chin towards Silas as the leader snorted under his breath before wandering off. Idiot.
I HAVE A PISTOL PARTY AND I KILL 'EM ALL
|| bio || pinterest || playlist ||

Offline capt. salem

• reaching for something more
  • played by: darky
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 01:31:23 PM »
AND CHANCES ARE, THEY WON'T GO FAR | | |
Salem had dressed up because- evidently, weddings mattered around here. He didn't quite understand the purpose of a wedding, and frankly he was a bit unnerved by the whole thing; someone had given him the barest of explanations at seeing his blank stare, that a wedding was supposed to be two people declaring their love for each other and deciding to dedicate themselves to the other for the rest of their lives.

...Sounded kinda creepy, in his opinion, and he couldn't help but judge. Still, he bit his tongue and put on his cleanest clothes and showed up. He felt out of place in this area, full of love and music and the sound of chatter mixed with laughter.

He'd been disarmed at the gate and felt exposed. His hands - still bandaged, still missing one digit each - went to his belt, seeking the comfort of the handle of his scimitar and finding none. He wandered towards the drinks, but couldn't find it in himself to seek something alcoholic; he might have a fondness for drink, but he was too uncomfortable and wound up to want that kind of relaxation.

He was overthinking this, wasn't he? He grabbed a cup and filled it with booze and took a large gulp from it. There, decision made, he was going to get buzzed and have a normal conversation with someone like a fucking adult.

He tried to pick out someone who was just as miserable as him, but alas he had no luck as he searched the crowds. Everybody seemed joyous and happy, which frankly made him want to turn around and leave before the wedding actually started. Whatever- this was fine. It was fine.

Salem wandered towards @BROCK. in an attempt to start a conversation with literally anybody. He thought he saw a vaguely familiar person there before, but they disappeared into the crowd as quickly as he'd noticed them; he had caught a glimpse of a... Statement-esq outfit though, before the stranger left. He tried to think of where he'd seen the man before, but he was coming up with a blank; maybe at that party a few weeks ago?

"Nice suit, you live here bud?" Salem commented, looking at the garish three piece suit. It was impressive in it's own weird way, and Salem wasn't one to shy away from strange outfits. The gambler hat really pulled the look together, in Salem's opinion.
No, I don't care what momma says, &
You'll wind me up, &
Or you'll wind up dead &
(IC Opinions)
TAKING LESSONS FROM THE DELUDED
councilman salem - he/him or they/them
tags in template

Offline BROCK.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 11:18:16 AM »
      His gaze found itself wandering over towards another person who'd addressed Brock, the older man's eyes curiously looking over to search his features. The slightest squint of his eyes suggested contemplation, and then finally he cracked a confident smile. ❝ I'm afraid not, sir. Couldn't live in a place so cold; gets right to the bone. ❞ He chuckled warmly, hands resting comfortably on his hips. ❝ I come from Bluestem Prairie - it's a lot warmer down there. How about you then? Where d'you belong, my friend? ❞

His head tipped upwards at the sound of Silas' voice resounding through the crowd as he made some drunken announcement congratulating the newly-wed couple. ❝ God damn, that kid. ❞ Brock uttered gently under his breath, sighing, before looking back at his new acquaintance. ❝ The name's Brock Van Den Bergh. Thrilled to meet you. ❞
I HAVE A PISTOL PARTY AND I KILL 'EM ALL
|| bio || pinterest || playlist ||

Offline capt. salem

• reaching for something more
  • played by: darky
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 02:58:49 PM »
AND CHANCES ARE, THEY WON'T GO FAR | | |
Salem took another sip of his drink and quirked an eyebrow as he let Brock size him up and contemplate their words. He returned the smile, feeling a bit more at ease at the receptiveness of the stranger and partially because of the drink calming his nerves a bit.

"Agreed; it's chilly around here. Haven't seen snow in a long fucking time, I'd forgotten things could get that cold." Salem chuckled, rocking back and forth on his heels as he glanced around the party before his gaze returned to Brock. "Bluestem Prairie? Never been, but I've heard it's nice this time of year-" That was a blatant lie; the most he'd heard of Bluestem was that Catalyst hated their leader. "-I'm from the Badlands, nowadays. If you're close to the coast it can get a bit windy, but otherwise it's much warmer than around here."

Salem's eyes were drawn towards the sound of someone drunkenly announcing something. He saw the unique suit through the crowd, and didn't bother to stifle the small laugh that it got out of him. He looked back at Brock as the other introduced themselves, and Salem nodded as Brock spoke. "Monty Salem, thrilled to make your acquaintance as well." He would've normally offered to shake Brock's hand, but the cold was getting to his injuries and the thought of someone touching his hands while they were irritated was... Displeasing, to say the least of it.

"Do you know the couple?" Salem decided to ask; it was a valid enough ice-breaker question.
No, I don't care what momma says, &
You'll wind me up, &
Or you'll wind up dead &
(IC Opinions)
TAKING LESSONS FROM THE DELUDED
councilman salem - he/him or they/them
tags in template