Author Topic: ◜ . THE CROOKED KIND || BROCK . ◞  (Read 524 times)

Offline BROCK.

• . . .
    • View Profile
◜ . THE CROOKED KIND || BROCK . ◞
« on: July 18, 2019, 04:55:35 PM »
BROCK VAN DEN BERGH - BUT ALL FOLKS ARE DAMAGED GOODS .

*   DO YOU LIKE HOW I DANCE?I'VE GOT ZIRCONIUM PANTS
&. ❝ brock van den bergh ❞ | cisgender male [ he / him ] .
&. forty seven | january 3rd ; capricorn .
&. currently in bluestem prairie ; marshal [ hp ] .

*   CONSEQUENTIAL ENOUGHTO SLIP YOU INTO A TRANCE
& . appropriate | ambitious | aware | bright | cooperative | connected | considerate | dedicated | disciplined | faithful | friendly | generous | giving | honest | honorable | hard-working | intelligent | knowledgeable | kept | leading | loyal | nurturing | neat | open-minded | optimist | organized | patient | reliable | responsible | resourceful | skillful | self-confident | sincere | supportive | wise
& . arrogant | bossy | boastful | careless | changeable | cowardly | cynical | deceitful | dull-witted | dishonest | finicky | flirtatious | foolish | fussy | greedy | harsh | hateful | impatient | impolite | irresponsible | jealous | lazy | mean | miserly | materialistic | narrow-minded | nasty | obsessive | overcritical | possessive | quick-tempered | resentful | rude | ruthless | secretive | selfish | sneaky | stubborn | unkind | unreliable | untrustworthy | vague | vain | vengeful | weak-willed | worrisome

*   I HAVE A WONDERFUL WIFEI HAVE A POWERFUL JOB
&. [ 6'0ft & 178lbs  ; physical health : 100% ]  [ reference one , reference two ]
& . jet black hair || slicked back hair that curls at ends || dark brown eyes || fair complexion || muscular frame

*   SHE CRITICIZES MEFOR BEING EGOCENTRIC
&. [ 4 ] weapon(s) | [ 0 ] armor pieces | [ 0 ] consumables | [ 2 ] aid items | [ 4 ] misc .
↳ he owns two pistols that are very valuable to him, a hunting knife and a bow and arrows.
↳ he has a clean roll of bandages and antibiotic cream.
↳ he keeps with him a vintage gramophone, pack of cards, his late wife's wedding ring and a photo album of his family and friends during his ❝ gang era ❞.

*   I'VE BEEN YOU, I KNOW YOUYOUR FACADE IS A SCAM
&. [ 00 ] CRUSH | [ 00 ] "POTENTIAL CRUSHES" | ½ of brock x alexandra ; " balex "
↳ widowed when his late wife alexandra van den bergh was shot and killed .
& . heterosexual , heteromantic ; monogamous .
↳ he has two sisters , but doesn't know whether they are alive .
↳ his biological parents were called horatio van den bergh and tanya van den bergh .
↳ his son, jamie van den bergh, lives in BP with him .
↳ his dog, baron, died recently. his horse, prospector, is his pride and joy .
↳ ½ american & ½ dutch ; speaks with a southern accent .

*   I'VE BEEN LIVING A LIEA METAMORPHICAL SCHEME
&.  Difficulty [ PHYSICAL : 8/10 ] ﹠ [ PSYCHOLOGICAL : 8/10 ] | WITH FIREARMS [ very difficult ] | WITH MELEE WEAPONS [ difficult ] | WITH CLOSE COMBAT [ difficult ]
[ STRENGTH: 80% | CONSTITUTION: 60% | DEXTERITY: 70% | INTELLIGENCE: 90% | WISDOM: 90% | CHARISMA: 100% ]
&. Attack in bold #a30000 | @truce.  | PM for any major plots .
&. Friendly or nonviolent actions may be powerplayed .

*   DETECTIVE UNDERCOVER, BROTHERHOODOBJECTIVE, OBSCENE
& . joined bluestem prairie - april 2039
↳ previously a traveler alongside his son , jamie van den bergh .

◜but i'm gonna win, i'm gonna try. i'll never lose, i'll never die. you've seen me before, you'll see me again. i'll never give up, i'll never give in. til i'm bloody and bruised. til i've broken my bones. til i won't be abused. til i'm laughing alone ...◞
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 09:13:30 AM by BROCK. »
I HAVE A PISTOL PARTY AND I KILL 'EM ALL
|| bio || pinterest || playlist ||

Offline BROCK.

• . . .
    • View Profile
Re: ◜ . THE CROOKED KIND || BROCK . ◞
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 09:13:42 AM »
Spoiler: tags :: updated 07/18 • show
basics.
♘ brock van den bergh // no known nicknames
♘ male // he/him
♘ forty seven // ages real time // born third january
♘ member of bluestem prairie // formerly traveled with family and confidants
♘ led a gang with his closest confidants and colleagues before his wife died
♘ group unraveled during his grief, so he and his son soon left for BP
♘ joined BP april 2039
♘ promoted to marshal

appearance.
faceclaim - jeffrey dean morgan
voice claim - jeffrey dean morgan [tw. violence]
♘ 6'0ft // strong, well-built frame
♘ dark chocolate brown eyes and salt and pepper hair
♘ physical health - 100% // current injuries: none
♘ mental health - 100% // N/A

personality.
♘ has anarchistic worldview // wants a world free from rules and regulations
♘ very well educated and therefore eloquent in his ways
♘ pro-individualist idealism forms charisma that attracts following of deviants
♘ has a kind, caring and playful disposition // very encouraging
♘ confident and sees himself as a sort of mentor
♘ shows a genuine compassion for allies // full of compliments
♘ his fearlessness often overlaps into recklessness
♘ very driven by vengeance and his own ego
♘ scarily charming and charismatic
♘ behavior has grown more aggressive, violent, and erratic recently
♘ often gaslights people to have things his way
♘ gets under people's skin using his charm to control them
♘ acts like the group's father and mentor // it's merely manipulation
♘ there is no ❝ real ❞ brock // he changes based on who he's with
♘ hypocritical // every ideal he preaches, he ends up breaking in some way
♘ he cares for himself over everyone else // driven by his own ego
♘ distances himself from conflict unless he knows he’s well guarded
♘ every decision of him is for self-preservation first and foremost
♘ terribly selfish // he only genuinely cares when it's convenient
♘ he would martyr anyone for his cause and has no shame in it
♘ takes in those in need of it, but not without his own ulterior motives
♘ only helps people as he knows these people will ❝ owe ❞ him after
♘ carries himself with the vigor of a much better, and mentally stronger, man
♘ picks pretty words and weaves them together, but is shallow all the same
♘ fashioned himself into something of a robin hood-like figure in the past
♘ he still thinks of himself in this manner // a vigilante

relationships.
♘ horatio van den bergh x tanya van den bergh // both deceased
♘ two sisters, one older and one younger
♘ heterosexual, heteromantic
♘ widowed when his wife, alexandra, was shot and killed
♘ father of jamie van den bergh
♘ once owned a dog named baron who has since died
♘ owns a horse named prospector // adores him

interaction.
storage // plot
♘ physically: very hard // mentally: hard
♘ very insensitive and brutal when it comes to harming others
♘ he'd even harm/omit to help his own allies if it does not benefit him

Offline BROCK.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 09:18:16 AM »
BROCK VAN DEN BERGH
/brok/van-din-berg/
noun
  • define
  • define

Offline BROCK.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 11:16:14 AM »
PERSONALITY — ENFJ
When trying to describe him, there is no ❝ real ❞ Brock. Some may see him as a saint - fashioning himself into something of a Robin Hood-like figure - whilst many others may see him as a nihilistic, deluded killer. If there's one thing that everybody can agree on, it's that Brock Van Den Bergh is a natural-born leader, full of passion and charisma. When he comes to believe that something is important, he will pursue that goal with a conviction and energy that can catch many off-guard. He will even rock the boat if he must in order to get the response he'd been hoping for. Not everyone likes to see this, but his passion for his cause is an inseparable part of his personality.

Brock has an anarchistic worldview and wants a world that opposes technology and governmental control. Where men fight to survive and live the lifestyle they choose, free from any rules and regulations. This is why he is so openly joyful about the idea of living without electricity as, ever since the electricity went down for good, all of society collapsed with it. A part of his philosophy is about desiring to live an off the grid lifestyle which promotes survival, discipline, and fitness and using skill and courage to overcome hardship. He'd never been one to conform to societal norms, instead opting to loathe order and forced obedience of the world at large. Brock is able to follow through on his ideas with conviction, willpower, and the planning necessary to see complex projects through to the end. He doesn't just see the way things ought to be; he acts on those insights when they are a benefit to his cause.

He has an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets him apart is that he is not an idle dreamer. With a natural confidence that begets influence, Brock takes great joy in guiding others down the same path as a social pariah. He radiates authenticity, concern and altruism, unafraid to stand up and speak when he feels something needs to be said. He finds it very natural and easy to communicate with others, especially when speaking about his cause, and it unafraid when taking the slings and arrows when standing up for what he believes in. There rarely comes a point where anybody he truly cares for fights against what he believes in and this is mainly due to his suave and vague ways of speaking his way into people's hearts. He has a talent for warm, sensitive language, speaking in human terms, rather than with pure logic and fact.

Charm and popularity are qualities that stand true in Brock. He instinctively knows how to capture an audience, and pick up on mood and motivation in ways that allow him to communicate with reason, emotion, passion, restraint – whatever the situation calls for. A talented imitator in his own right, Brock is able to shift his tone and manner to reflect the needs of the audience, while still maintaining his own voice. His strong personality and positive ideals lead him into a role as a natural authoritative figure, acting like a father and mentor to those around him.

His pro-individualist idealism manages to create a charisma which attracts a following of people who have been downtrodden by the New World. If anything, he prays on people's weaknesses in order to gain their loyalty - people who once felt like nothing will feel like they are Brock's entire world. He takes in those in need of it, but not without his own ulterior motives. Although it creates a strong sense of unity and family, as well as loyalty between Brock and others who associate with him, he only helps people as he knows these people will ❝ owe ❞ their loyalty to him afterwards. With this being said, he would have no shame in making even his closest confidants a martyr if it will benefit him and his cause somehow. He's horribly selfish and will only care when it is convenient to him.

If anybody dares of challenge of criticize Brock's values or principles, they will likely receive an alarmingly strong and brash response from Brock; he's highly vulnerable to criticism and questioning his motives is always the fastest way to see the bad side of Brock. He can admit that he doesn't always have all the answers and can be receptive to dissent. As long as disagreements are constructive, he will remain tolerant. Otherwise, the distrust he will evidently place on another person will very much resemble a guilt trip until the person is ❝ obedient ❞ to his cause once more.

On the other hand, Brock can display genuine compassion for his fellow allies and treats them as family members in a way that makes them feel appreciated. He tends to take people under his wing, act as a paternal figure for them to adore and trust. He compliments them on their resilience and ability, thanks them for their utmost loyalty, and saw to it that they are always supplied, fed, and sheltered. He also encourages people to be themselves and optimize their own talents and skill sets as he believes firmly in the concept of individuality. His generosity endears him to new allies, many of whom had known little but harshness, pain, and struggle in the past. His capacity to believe in others and help them believe in themselves is often reciprocated, as they in turn believe in him. 

He always needs to have a cause, however. He often gets so caught up in his pursuits that any of the cumbersome tasks that come between them and his ideal vision is deeply unwelcome. Brock much prefers to know that he is taking concrete steps towards his goals - see it as him wanting to go from point A to Z without crossing the rest of the alphabet first. If routine tasks feel like they are getting in the way – or worse yet, there is no goal at all – Brock will feel restless and disappointed. He would even begin to feel like he'd failed all those around him, making him increasingly anxious and downtrodden.

Brock was once portrayed to the world at large to be a merciless murderer who justified killing innocent people as a way of combating the corruption of the messed up world he lived in. Once believing that the elite had it all whilst the rest were left to wither away, this led Brock to become very bitter at the way society had not fully collapsed. Resent turned into crime, partly to keep himself afloat in a society barely standing but also to rebel against the notion of civilization and governmental authority. Nowadays, his killing escalated to reasons which include those who disagree with his mindset or those who step in his way when he attempts to act for what he believes is right. Despite his brutal ways, Brock is shown to be well educated and genuinely believes he is committing these crimes for idealistic reasons rather than for greed.

His education leaves him with a very eloquent speech pattern, although words are very facile and vague. He speaks much like a politician - he picks pretty words and weaves them together, and yet his words are shallow all the same. With this, he knows how to talk his way out of any situation, a silver-tongue in his own right even though his words truly hold no substance. He's hypocritical; every ideal he preaches, he ends up breaking in some way. He proclaims a hope for peace and civilization, yet he is quick to kill and act unruly in order to hopefully one day succeed in this cause. He insists that he sees all of his allies as family, yet he will willingly throw loved ones under the bus for self-preservation. His kindness can appear to be so superficial when closely examined.

He's driven purely by his ego and his lust for vengeance, even turning to gaslighting people in order to get where he wants in life. Manipulative and sly, in the more recent months, ever since the death of his wife and subsequent breakdown of his group of closest confidants, his behavior has since grown more aggressive, violent, and erratic. Once commended for his incredible courage, his fearlessness now overlaps into recklessness, although it's rarely him who gets the short straw as a result. Whilst he has no qualms in confronting any opponent head-on with utmost faith in those who fight alongside him, Brock will almost always distance himself from the conflict unless he is assured that he is well guarded. He refuses to risk dying for his cause yet he sees no issue in forcing that upon fellow allies.

Once an idealistic deviant with the dream of making the world a greater place, Brock has since begun to disintegrate into a neurotic and vicious man, all too aware that in all of his efforts to change the world - even resorting to a life of crime - nothing that he can do will change the course of time. He carries himself with the vigor of a much better, and mentally stronger, man yet, in reality, Brock is anything but.

Offline BROCK.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 03:47:55 AM »