Author Topic: TAKE ME OUT IN STYLE [open]  (Read 183 times)

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
TAKE ME OUT IN STYLE [open]
« on: July 21, 2019, 11:17:06 PM »
C  A  T  A  L  Y  S  T
Okay, so it wasn't any sort of secret that Cat had a particular style and that they really liked it. Every day they walked around with a new jacket with some different picture or word or phrase on the back. Some had been manufactured before the blackout, but a significant portion had been made by Cat. More or less. They'd find a jacket (often black and leather because they're that edgy bitch) in a store that they liked and fit them, then take it home to paint.

That's what they had done today. Few people had ever seen them do this, but the smell and fumes were a bitch, so they had camped out in an unoccupied house with the window open for light and fresh air. They were about halfway through the third letter, going ever so slowly and meticulously.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 07/14/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Goes only by Catalyst or Cat
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-one ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 06/26/39 ⇥ Led a raid on the Insurrection
⇥ 06/29/39 ⇥ Reunited with Louie
⇥ 06/26/39 ⇥ Had a talk with their father

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. One of the easiest to notice is one that stretches down their right cheek. While not a scar, one very notable marking on their chest is the "BL" brand. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No siblings
⇥ Adopted parent of Molly Valentina Darrow-Lupei (Mo)
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Very much taken ⇥ One Crush
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Carries a handgun
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Attack in bold #0d0d0d and tag @/Bryne
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

I've been defeated I begged for what I needed
I suffered now I'm ready for war

Offline ADDY.

• he/him
    • View Profile
Re: TAKE ME OUT IN STYLE [open]
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 05:03:05 PM »

— addy had never really cared for style. all he knew was that his fashion sense was that, if it fit, he would wear it- and basically that was all he really cared about when it came to clothes. he figured just about everyone else in the badlands was the same, more or less - he slowed to a stop once he could smell some godawful fumes. wandering over towards the house where the root of the smell was, he slowed once he peered through the window to see catalyst there. guess nobody else really cared about their appearance--

save for the fuckin’ fonz, over here.

he leaned in through the window, saying a simple, “is that really necessary?” as he propped his arms on the counter, trying to see what the hell they were writing on the jacket.

— in one hand i hold a picture of you
in the other i hold the pieces of my heart

Offline capt. salem

• reaching for something more
  • played by: darky
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 03:04:02 PM »
AND CHANCES ARE, THEY WON'T GO FAR | | |
Salem cared moderately about his style; oftentimes he wanted to look nice, or at least presentable. He didn't mind if things didn't fit, so long as he could move in them and they didn't cut off circulation it really didn't matter to him. And it was no surprise that his mentality more or less carried throughout most other Badlanders he'd met; most of them didn't give a flying fuck so long as it fit, and he was fine with that.

Well, except for Catalyst. Catalyst had a style, and god forbid someone throw off their groove.

He noticed Addy leaning through the window before he noticed Cat inside, and Salem was much too tempted to intrude and see what was happening so that's exactly what he did. He leaned against the wall and peeked in the window alongside Addy; not shoving the other man out of the way, but getting uncomfortably close.

"Is that Catalyst? Are they doing something stupid? Move over, I can't see." Salem questioned, huffing.
No, I don't care what momma says, &
You'll wind me up, &
Or you'll wind up dead &
(IC Opinions)
YOU WANT LOVE, WANT TRUTH, WANNA FEEL BRAND NEW
captain monty salem - he/him or they/them
tags in template

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 07:42:45 PM »
C  A  T  A  L  Y  S  T
Yeah, it was pretty clear to them that Addy would just wear whatever. He didn't have anything externally that defined him - except maybe the red hair and resting bitch face. Salem was a bit better off in the clothing department, but it was abundantly clear that no one possessed as distinctive a style as Cat.

And that suited them just fine.

Hearing a familiar voice, they lifted their head, meeting Addy's gaze with an unamused look. "Is the interruption really necessary?" Yes, it was necessary, because brands such as Conifer weren't still making clothes, so they had to supplement their wardrobe themself. "I'm not doing anything stupid, so kindly fug off." They grumbled, bending back over the jacket so they could paint the "o" in "cruor".

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 07/25/19 • show

⇥ 07/16/39 ⇥ Saw their parents announce their vow renewal
⇥ 07/14/39 ⇥ Attended Blake and Eddie's wedding

⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. One of the easiest to notice is one that stretches down their right cheek. While not a scar, one very notable marking on their chest is the "BL" brand. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

Offline ADDY.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 10:57:29 PM »

— okay salem was too close. uncomfortably so. it was enough for addy to glower over towards him from the corner of his eyes as he tried to send a look good enough to convey a silent, “do you fucking mind?” still, with a sigh, he moved over just enough to leave room for salem to butt in. “you tell me,” he said in response to salem asking if catalyst was doing something stupid-

which, he guessed arts and crafts time was- pretty fucking dumb in his opinion. he squinted as he looked at the painted lettering on the jacket. c-r-u-o. furrowing of brows and a tilting of his head. “the hell are you writing?” or were they dyslexic and was spelling this shit wrong? he didn’t know. still, he’d wait around for their answer -- that and it looked like there was someone else to tag up on catalyst with, which.. wasn’t too common nowadays, he had to admit.

Offline capt. salem

• He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 03:46:41 PM »
Salem caught Addy's glower out of the corner of his eye, but paid it no mind; Addy had scooted over to let Salem see inside, so he'd gotten the result he wanted. Plus it was nice being shoulder to shoulder to someone while ragging on another.

"I dunno guys, it looks pretty stupid. Have you thought about embroidery instead? It might hold up a bit better than paint." Salem chirped, grinning cheekily as he leaned over the windowsill to peer around inside. "C-r-u-o? I can't see the last letter." Salem commented, glancing at Addy. "No idea what it fucking means though, are you writing some sort of Harry Potter spell?" He said, looking back at Cat.
You'll wind me up, &
Or you'll wind up dead &
(IC Opinions)
tags in template

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 10:47:10 PM »
C  A  T  A  L  Y  S  T
"Cruor." They said, not looking up. There was no point in hiding it, they'd see it soon enough. Salem's comments did actually get them to lift their gaze, one eyebrow raised. "Yeah, actually. It's more tedious, though." More time consuming, as well. Not that they wouldn't do it if it suited the aesthetic they were going for; they'd done it a few times now.

They looked back down and started on the "r". "You're surprisingly close. It's Latin, Harry Potter's spells were based on Latin words."

//well it was nice having muse while it lasted

Offline ADDY.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 11:51:29 PM »

— fuck, now they were bringing up fucking harry potter? he looked between the two of them and sighed, shaking his head. “should’ve known you were nerds. both of you.” cruor. catalyst was speaking about latin, now? and painting it onto his jacket? “isn’t that a fuckin’- dead language?” it wasn’t like some guy was going to come up to cat and have a full conversation with them in latin… right? he didn’t fucking know; he didn’t go to school for this shit.

scrunching up his nose the slightest bit as he was reminded of the fumes, he stepped away from the window. might as well get some fresh air while he bombarded cat, right? “the hell’s it mean, anyway?”

Offline capt. salem

• He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 06:36:19 PM »
"Less toxic fumes, though." Salem chirped back at Cat, still grinning like a cat who'd just killed a canary. Huh, Cat had tried embroidery? He hadn't taken Cat as someone who was a dork at heart. The length Cat would go to for their style was commendable, though.

"Hey, it's not my fault most of you youngins are uncultured nowadays. At least Cat gets my references." Salem said, playing up his age a bit as a joke. Hey, he'd read Harry Potter like any other respectable eight-year-old before the world as they knew it ended; and it seemed like Cat had too, though he'd reckon that Cat was born after the apocalypse.

"It's a dead language but maybe they're trying to summon a demon or something, you need to know Latin for that." Salem commented with a shrug, slightly disappointed as Addy stepped away from the window. Oh well, he'd huff these fumes and grace this windowsill with a human's presence all by himself then.
You'll wind me up, &
Or you'll wind up dead &
(IC Opinions)
tags in template

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
  • Board Mod
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 08:10:17 PM »
C  A  T  A  L  Y  S  T
"Reading fantasy books as children makes us nerds? What a sad childhood you must have had." Theirs might not have been all that, but at least they'd had their fiction to escape to. And there was the mention of Latin being a dead language once again. Really, do people not understand the significance of it? The importance of it? Eh, they're just missing out on getting to be smug in the knowledge so obscure no one else would ever share it. "Just because you don't speak it, doesn't mean its dead." They said, still not looking up.

A smile wormed its way onto their face. "If it's a dead language, why do you wanna know?" They sat up, looking down at the article in contemplation. The smile faded, replaced with a serious, thoughtful look. "What do you know about toxic fumes, eh? I've done this plenty of times and never had an issue." They ignored his comment about uncultured youngin's, but when he mentioned summoning a demon, the smile returned. "Why would I summon a demon when I'm already here?"

Offline ADDY.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 10:45:30 PM »

huh. maybe his lack of fantasy books was the whole reason for his sad childhood, he bitterly figured, dark humor and all. “no, i just had friends to hang out with.” a lie. “do you know what those are? friends?” sometimes, he felt like he was just a bit too harsh to catalyst. always poking fun at them. but then again, he supposed that making fun of people was his way of being - not friendly, but at least a chaotic sort of neutral. he scrunched his nose slightly as salem chimed in about youngins being uncultured. addy? a youngin? “how old are you, man?”

then catalyst made that damn comment to salem; “why would i summon a demon when i’m already here?” he huffed a short breath. ”fuck off.” he watched as salem took up his spot on the window, shaking his head slightly. more fumes for them, he guessed. hopefully it just didn’t get to their fucking heads.

then, with a pause, he then added, “no, seriously. what’s it mean, though?” a damn useless language; but one that didn’t hurt to.. know what the hell catalyst was brandishing on his back whenever he sauntered around the place.

Offline capt. salem

• He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2019, 08:34:47 PM »
Oh wow, right in the childhood. Salem grinned at Catalyst, and offered an air-fistbump before Addy retorted that he'd had friends to be hanging out with instead of reading books. Ouch, that one stung, but in a good kinda way. "Wouldn't know, wouldn't care." Salem said, glancing back at Addy. He scoffed at the question of his age. "I got to spend my childhood revealing in the concept of working tv and private school, if that's any indication my sweet summer child."

"Press your head against my chest, hear that rattle? Don't piss into an old gallon of bleach thinking it's empty, kids." Salem chuckled, and let out a long and incredibly dramatic sigh as Cat shot back with the demon thing. "True, it's already hell on earth with you around, captain."

Salem glanced back at Addy as he asked again what the words meant, and Salem shrugged. "Whatever Cat wants it to mean, nobody can read that shit to call them on it."
You'll wind me up, &
Or you'll wind up dead &
(IC Opinions)
tags in template