Author Topic: i need help (again)  (Read 83 times)

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
i need help (again)
« on: August 05, 2019, 04:04:51 PM »
(posted this in the wrong spot so i moved it here)

okay hello!!

looks like bb broke again and everything is all. weird.
and i remember last time this happened i got staff to volunteer to try and help me fix all the broken quotation marks, hyphens, and apostrophes in my posts if i sent them the links.
so would any of the staff like to help me with that??
i have a couple threads i'd really like fixed. and it's,,, a lot and it's frustrating to do on my own ASDF

pls and thanks <3

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
Re: i need help (again)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 04:05:02 PM »
okay i'm going to start my list of threads that i would *really* love to have fixed. i've fixed most of the posts i've made today so <3 just these privates and certain sections of bios

« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 06:52:53 AM by Hootowls »

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 04:08:58 PM »
the table is sort of messed up so i'll go and fix it but
reference

okay so hey this is gonna be pretty simple. if your threads have ', ", em dashes or any other symbols replaced with odd AE sort of symbols, we're here to help. I messed up and to avoid going into maintenance mode and stressing a lot of members out--we're setting this up to help edit and fix posts.

Now--you don't have to worry about giving out your password or anything! Here's how it works.

You post links to your threads here, that you want posts fixed for. Let us know what symbol you need changed--if it's, for example, apostrophe's or quote marks it's often going to be self explanatory, but a basic idea--especially for what symbols like em dashes (the long dashes like -- put together) are, and where--would help.

If you're going to help, please quote the person's post and say 'taking!' or something similar so you don't get two ppl editing the same post at the same time.

If you're staff: you can just edit anyone's posts. (unless you're a CA)

If you're a CA or a member--what you gotta do is quote the posts, fix them in your quote, and send them to the person you're helping. the person you're helping will have to edit the quoted post into it's original spot, but it'll still be faster if they had a lot of symbols that needed fixing.

for myself and anyone else that might use this

?€™ (apostrophe) '
?€”   (em dash) ?
?€?   (en dash) -
â?¦   (elipsis: ...) ...
?€œ (open quote) ?
?€  (close quote) ?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 04:13:27 PM by elysian. »

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 10:01:58 PM »
Okie I got through the majority of those oml
My hands and fingers are really starting to hurt like a bitch so I’m gonna take a quick break, if any other staffer wants to pop in they can but

I got through 9 of them
hootowls ( /ho͞ot-ouls/ )
1.) owl city is love
2.) tom holland fanatic