Author Topic: MAINTENANCE MODE TO FIX THOSE NASTY ???  (Read 304 times)

Online crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
MAINTENANCE MODE TO FIX THOSE NASTY ???
« on: August 05, 2019, 04:31:08 PM »

Hey all! As you've probably noticed, we have a little issue with our coding. In order to fix this issue, we need to add a coding language to our site. Because of this, we'll be making a little backup of the site! We'll be saving all the information that was made today before 3 P.M. PST, so please avoid making posts after that time. We'll likely go into maintenance mode to solve this error! Please be prepared & wish us luck (we don't know if it'll fix the errors right now, but it should fix any future errors)!
somebody should've helped you — info

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
Re: MAINTENANCE MODE TO FIX THOSE NASTY ???
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 04:32:19 PM »
This has happened before and I stg I?m gonna break smth if it happens again after this
hootowls ( /ho͞ot-ouls/ )
1.) owl city is love
2.) open to pms/questions

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 04:37:12 PM »
tysm for working to fix this
staff y'all are so appreciated <33

Offline van

• Community Assistant
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 04:40:24 PM »
a weekend on a boat in california
memes available upon request    —    van#5054

Offline truce.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 04:50:52 PM »

Me @ all the staff
◜ WISH YOU WERE HERE ◞
INFO. CHARACTERS.

Online crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 06:35:56 PM »
Update, after a lot of looking and a lot of testing and a lot of trying, we're unfortunately not much closer than we wanted to be. We're consulting with SMF forums to get some help, and after we get an answer, we'll be able to put the side back into maintenance and fix this issue! Sorry all, we're trying our best. In the meantime, we're cooking up a little something to make it up to you all (and hopefully, making things a little more accessible).
somebody should've helped you — info

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 07:21:21 PM »
I will add that I’ve noticed that usually symbols/quotations/etc that are Apple tend to fuck up the most. For example—
“” compared to ""
‘ compared to '
The straight quotations and apostrophes in the Brendan posts don’t get messed up, however the tilted Apple ones do. This isn’t something we can all avoid by any means, but it’s a worthwhile thing to note. (I know on Apple phones, if you hold down on the quotation or apostrophe you can get the straight ones!)

Anyways sorry for this L I tried my best
1.) owl city is love

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 12:29:14 PM »
Heyo potatoes!!

Okie, so Crows and I found a solution to this mess. An hour from now we’re going to go back into maintenance mode to fix it, so please stay tuned! :^0c

Edit;; and by an hour from now I mean 2:30 PM EST
1.) owl city is love

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 01:13:33 AM »
guESS WHAT NERDS

The solution still isn't entirely fixed. However, in order to get to where we are now, I did a few things:
— updated the php version of the site
— updated the site in general
— downloaded a new language

Are the symbols still there? Yes, and it pains me so. BUT, with the stuff I did, the site should run a crap ton faster now AND it'll prevent the symbol bug glitch thing from happening again :'^D

Big mcthankies from mcspankies everyone for your patience!! I've been trying my best and it's 2 AM and I probs need to sleep,,
1.) owl city is love

Offline AUREATE™

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 09:59:46 AM »
I'm unsure if it's just me, but after this update almost every button in threads and replies has been messed up? Example one, and two. The second only seems to be happening to certain members.

edit: With some further investigation I THINK it's only mods or board mods?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 10:05:58 AM by AUREATE™ »
BUT THE DARKER THE WEATHER THE BETTER THE MAN
[ YOU CAN TAKE ALL YOU WANT, BUT NOT WHO I AM  ——  CHARACTERS  &  PINTEREST ———— ]

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2019, 10:27:39 AM »
Yeah I noticed that too

It’s like 11 AM I just woke up so y’all gonna have to wait a hot min
1.) owl city is love

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2019, 10:36:54 AM »
K in like 30 minutes idk exactly I’m gonna have to go back to maintenance mode so sorry nerds
1.) owl city is love

Offline AUREATE™

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2019, 10:40:30 AM »
With FURTHER investigation it's happening to mostly online members and offline friends so I guess that's the buttons messed up there. Good luck with maintenance mode!
BUT THE DARKER THE WEATHER THE BETTER THE MAN
[ YOU CAN TAKE ALL YOU WANT, BUT NOT WHO I AM  ——  CHARACTERS  &  PINTEREST ———— ]

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2019, 10:53:54 AM »
Yeah I’m gonna have to do a backup
For me it’s going off and on which is
Rlly weird

But yeah luckily I made a backup last night yeah!! That means some posts will be yeeted and it goes the same for any new account bUT
I have a plan for that
A redundant plan
But a plan
1.) owl city is love

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2019, 12:36:32 PM »
Okay I managed to do it without accidentally deleting anyone's crap, so yay!!
1.) owl city is love