Author Topic: MEMBER-LED SITEWIDE PLOTTING?  (Read 1262 times)

Offline AUREATE™

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
MEMBER-LED SITEWIDE PLOTTING?
« on: August 16, 2019, 01:19:29 PM »
So my post in the group plotting got me thinking about how BB needs some more group interactions and plotting, and I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in doing some large-scale member-created and member-led plots in TNW? It would be an awesome way to build up some activity and interest while involving every group that wants to be involved, frontboard or backboard!

What sort of things would everyone be interested in seeing? Personally I'd be super interested in a struggle for technology or supplies, rather than a morality-centered plot. Or maybe illnesses, etc?
BUT THE DARKER THE WEATHER THE BETTER THE MAN
[ YOU CAN TAKE ALL YOU WANT, BUT NOT WHO I AM  ——  CHARACTERS  &  PINTEREST ———— ]

Offline Bryne

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
Re: MEMBER-LED SITEWIDE PLOTTING?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 01:21:00 PM »
tracking for rn
Sometimes you gotta leave that city
To love that city and start all over again
But it doesn't look so pretty
To get your hands dirty and start all over again
You gotta leave that city to love that city
Or else you might get trapped
Oh, you might get trapped

Offline Cubs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 01:23:00 PM »
tracking bc helll yeah !!
down by home, i've seen this road before. i don't know if your soul can pay the toll. no crushing, no houses send flowers. syre cried a floral river into the valley where the sun set for hours. ⋆

discord: cubs#3575 ⋆ storage thread ⋆ any/all pronouns

Offline van

• Community Assistant
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 01:25:21 PM »
a weekend on a boat in california
memes available upon request    —    van#5054

Offline CRYCOSMOS

• 「 * STAR / CHILD 」
  • ❝ BORN TO BURN ❞
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 01:30:03 PM »
HEAVEN’S TEARS ON STAINED MARBLE,
ever drowning in starlight tragedies . . .

Also known as Cry / (Cae)lum / James / CJ(P) - Agender ( Any pronouns ) - Eighteen - BearBones' Star Child - Gemini - INFP - Chaotic Neutral / Chaotic Dumbass - Passionate writer, coder, and graphic editor - 1/5 of Abysmal Squad - 1/2 of Team Rocket / Chaos Duo / Spinesnatcher with Devilscry - The stars to Devilscry’s void - Profile in general is created by me; writing on signature is inspired by Devilscry’s writing aesthetics; please do not use them - Storage —————————————————

Offline truce.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 02:07:18 PM »
Track
HERE I AM. NOT QUITE DYING.

Offline spooky darky

• They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 02:14:47 PM »
Tracking since,, I'm already doing a pretty wide-scale thing w/ Salem's hunt for his former crewmates bUT that also doesn't affect any groups other than BL so sshrugs. Still! If anybody wants to get involved in that hit me up? I've already got a cast for chapter 2 but,,, there will be More dw

But yeah enough of my rambling, time for yet more rambling??

I'm genuinely loving running Salem's plot, so if we need volunteers to help facilitate any member-run wide-scale plots I'm signing up. But yeah, I don't have anything concrete so for now I'll just lurk in this thread
I need to save you, but who's going to save me?
characters ++ staff ;p
notice

Offline AUREATE™

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 02:16:43 PM »
Ooh what's Salem's plot like? If that's something that spread to other sections of the site that sounds super awesome!
[ YOU CAN TAKE ALL YOU WANT, BUT NOT WHO I AM  ——  CHARACTERS  &  PINTEREST ———— ]

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 02:27:18 PM »
Tracking!

tnw needs some Tea

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
  • "what is up with finny and daddies" - crows
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
in this town we call home
everyone hail to the pumpkin songHUB

Offline spooky darky

• They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 02:33:48 PM »
http://www.bearbonesrp.com/index.php?topic=21849.0
There's the link to the info on Chapter one, it got hit by the glitch though so the formatting's a bit off as fair warning. But for a tl;dr I'll put some info under a spoiler.
Spoiler: show
Monty Salem, current resident of the Badlands and former captain of the Darius II, got overthrown by his crew and dumped on the mainland to die. He didn't, and he's out for revenge by tracking down and killing every member of his former crew, who're now led by Captain Shire.

Captain Shire - and his slowly dwindling crew - are pirates by trade, and raid and pillage at their discretion. Their turf is the open water and any settlement that finds itself along the seaside. They sometimes sell the stuff they steal, and these meeting spots are often where Salem ambushes them.

And yeah plausibly it could spread to other sections of the site in the future, Shire's crew could affect other coastal groups and incentivize other groups to build their own hit teams, or beef up security in order to ward off the raiders. Though groups that have a reputation for being tough (ex: the Badlands) they usually avoid.

fgvhfgvhb agreed we need more Tea
characters ++ staff ;p
notice

Offline AUREATE™

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 02:53:10 PM »
PIRATES Zero's gotta meet the pirates I'm gonna throw him at BL eventually tf. That's a really awesome plot!! I'm trying to think of a way it could affect other groups, hmm. Maybe we could do something with the pirates affecting trading? It would be really cool to get trading to be more prominent with groups in the first place, and then add Chaos, which is always my favorite activity.

Offline truce.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 02:57:04 PM »
I want to plot some drama between groups to really test relations with one another. Like maybe a race for limited supplies creates tensions for groups when it comes to who gets what and more importantly how people acquire the supplies. I do think we need some conflict in that sense, even if it may be somewhat overused maybe??

I also have Brock where I’ve been plotting a villainous past with other characters in TNW and soon I’m planning on potentially plotting some more conflict with him between whoever wants plots conflict within groups and stuff. We love us a good old fashioned villain to stir the pot after all >:^))
HERE I AM. NOT QUITE DYING.

Offline AUREATE™

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2019, 03:02:39 PM »
I definitely agree with that, honestly. We could introduce an item or territory or something that every group would want and see how things go from there? I think the biggest issue is that I can't think of anything multiple groups would want or need. So far in TNW we've mostly just sort of assumed that groups got what they needed with the occasional in-group food shortage and such. It would be really awesome for us as members to challenge that, sort of? Maybe more threads that explore the necessity of minor supplies such as scavenging for matches or clothing in old buildings, gathering the materials to make items, etc. Really buckling down on the post-apocalyptic struggles a particular group might have?

OOH! What's Brock like? What sort of trouble is he getting into?

Offline spooky darky

• They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 03:14:52 PM »
PIRATES Zero's gotta meet the pirates I'm gonna throw him at BL eventually tf. That's a really awesome plot!! I'm trying to think of a way it could affect other groups, hmm. Maybe we could do something with the pirates affecting trading? It would be really cool to get trading to be more prominent with groups in the first place, and then add Chaos, which is always my favorite activity.
tY! And yeah having them affect trading could be interesting; there'd probably be more weapons in ready supply since Shire's crew does do some weapons dealing with whatever they scavenge and don't want, but they could make large trade routes more difficult to traverse.

An oversupply of weapons and undersupply of food, clothes, etc could prove to lead to an interesting conflict between groups if any groups would want to get involved in that sort of thing.

I want to plot some drama between groups to really test relations with one another. Like maybe a race for limited supplies creates tensions for groups when it comes to who gets what and more importantly how people acquire the supplies. I do think we need some conflict in that sense, even if it may be somewhat overused maybe??

I also have Brock where I’ve been plotting a villainous past with other characters in TNW and soon I’m planning on potentially plotting some more conflict with him between whoever wants plots conflict within groups and stuff. We love us a good old fashioned villain to stir the pot after all >:^))
I definitely agree with that, honestly. We could introduce an item or territory or something that every group would want and see how things go from there? I think the biggest issue is that I can't think of anything multiple groups would want or need. So far in TNW we've mostly just sort of assumed that groups got what they needed with the occasional in-group food shortage and such. It would be really awesome for us as members to challenge that, sort of? Maybe more threads that explore the necessity of minor supplies such as scavenging for matches or clothing in old buildings, gathering the materials to make items, etc. Really buckling down on the post-apocalyptic struggles a particular group might have?

OOH! What's Brock like? What sort of trouble is he getting into?
I totally agree on supply shortages/troubles! I think establishing a need for something (ex: matches like you said) and then having a a member-led shortage on that would be cool. And whichever group was most aggressive in their acquisition of the supplies would have an upper hand on the other groups, and may be the cause of some distrust or hostility from other groups.

uh I already love Brock so,, lemme know if I can get involved in any of that trouble?
characters ++ staff ;p
notice