Author Topic: MEMBER-LED SITEWIDE PLOTTING?  (Read 370 times)

Offline Bryne

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
Re: MEMBER-LED SITEWIDE PLOTTING?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 03:47:21 PM »
personally idk how having a certain area that all the groups are after would work? they're all set p far away from each other so I don't really. see how it could attract everyone. like liquid space is a thing but?? a place that would be a relevant territory expansion for FL isn't gonna be relevant to anyone else
unless it was like. the resources there that they're fighting over who gets to remove

that's just my thoughts as a member not a staff opinion
Sometimes you gotta leave that city
To love that city and start all over again
But it doesn't look so pretty
To get your hands dirty and start all over again
You gotta leave that city to love that city
Or else you might get trapped
Oh, you might get trapped

Offline AUREATE™

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2019, 03:53:23 PM »
That's what I was thinking, yeah! A certain area with a rare and necessary resource, like... Who gets rights to this place with a huge amazing food source or this junkyard full of awesome technology or something.
BUT THE DARKER THE WEATHER THE BETTER THE MAN
[ YOU CAN TAKE ALL YOU WANT, BUT NOT WHO I AM  ——  CHARACTERS  &  PINTEREST ———— ]

Offline AUREATE™

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2019, 03:54:48 PM »
Oh and just to be clear staff is totally welcome here and all that, I didn't mean for "member-led" to sound like,,, no staff allowed or anything lmao aldskh this is NOT a parents-excluded clubhouse.
[ YOU CAN TAKE ALL YOU WANT, BUT NOT WHO I AM  ——  CHARACTERS  &  PINTEREST ———— ]

Offline truce.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2019, 04:14:00 PM »
Yeah, personally I can't see a place itself being valuable enough for groups that already have their own territories. I feel like if we want any conflict it'll have to be over a fight for resources, and possibly resources which may create some controversy within TNW in general. Maybe like a whole heap of weapons which include some which can cause huge destruction if used incorrectly (ie. an army base which has been storing chemical weapons was found and people want to either take those weapons, destroy them or just leave them there) - some groups may want to have it as a sort of safety feature to prevent groups from messing with them, some may want it to use on enemies, others may opposite of the weaponry all together and don't want any of the groups to take them. Now I've not really done any.... research to see if this would be a viable idea but hey ho it's always good to throw things out into the open I guess??? I just feel like something which elicits danger is what would really get groups tangling themselves up into drama due to a conflict of interest in a very risky situation.

This is Brock's very unfinished bio but it has a brief rundown on what he's like as a person!! He's known to be quite a selfish crook, too wrapped up in this megalomaniac ideal that liberty to return to a more cutthroat and brutal life without law and order is the direction society should move towards if they want to truly taste freedom and success. He led a gang in the past, manipulating people into believing a very romanticized version of his cause and working for him in order to get him to where he wanted to be. But, over the years, that all crumbled because people began to see his true colors and noticed that he would very quickly throw people under the bus to keep his nose clean. Now, he's pulling the same act out in Bluestem Prairie, trying to lowkey recruit people under everybody else's noses by gaining people's trust as he acts as this fatherly figure towards them. I want to have him begin to stir some trouble up within TNW again as he's still not satisfied with where his life is going - maybe if we go along with the idea of a conflict between resources he could play a role in that as well.

But yeah! At the moment I just wanna plot some sort of return of this gang who share the same vicious ideals, but also plot with people who oppose it. A sort of... Political affair almost??? It could also link into the idea of a race for resources as their belief is that the most vicious are the most successful and they'd do anything to get their hands on those resources.
◜ WISH YOU WERE HERE ◞
INFO. CHARACTERS.

Offline AUREATE™

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2019, 04:51:48 PM »
I don't have enough time to write up a full response to everything oops but I do wanna say that I totally agree that it'd be difficult to have a location-based conflict and everything else you said! It sounds awesome! However, that's another thing I want to bring up! I think it would be awesome for us to establish more locations outside of the groups that are commonly used and known to all members. Like a "haunted" prison or something we could do a sitewide plot with, etc. Like a group of people from all the groups becoming friends and daring each other to stay overnight in the prison and things go to hell and the groups all band together to save their friends etc idk ANYTHING.

Also I'm,,, totally gonna throw someone in BP for Brock to recruit whoa.

Offline Bryne

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2019, 07:33:16 PM »
Oh and just to be clear staff is totally welcome here and all that, I didn't mean for "member-led" to sound like,,, no staff allowed or anything lmao aldskh this is NOT a parents-excluded clubhouse.
I didn't think that's what you meant, I just clarified that it was my as a member's opinion and not a staff thing bc. I wasn't making some staff announcement or whatever about that not something that would work

:eyes:

Offline AUREATE™

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2019, 10:33:48 PM »
NO YEAH I assumed asldkfh I just had to clarify for my sanity.

Also everyone be sure to check out the thread Cubs made for brainstorming a new TNW frontboard! That in itself could be great for the site if we all help out.

Offline Bryne

• Senior Moderator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2019, 01:15:07 AM »
pff I know what that's like man
too well

Offline AUREATE™

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2019, 10:22:59 PM »
Bumping a lil bit!

Offline nasa

• they/them
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2019, 08:39:08 AM »
track! bc this sounds like a great way to boost my Interest in writing again :0 l
WAY  DOWN  HADESTOWN
WAY DOWN UNDER THE GROUND

Offline truce.

• . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2019, 09:13:23 AM »
as for locations, i decided to create saint louis so we could have a sort of more civilized and technologically advanced city on tnw's map, still using a monetary currency and still providing jobs and careers etc and so personally i feel like that could be an interesting addition to a site-wide plot. they're a neutral group trying to push the idea that society doesnt have to crumble just because there isnt any electricity ? ? ?

i think that could create a sense of community between all the groups as theyre allowed to come and go from saint louis as they please, but also on the flip side it can create a whole heap of conflict because of the very fact that saint louis still tries to cling onto the modern world whilst the other groups dont really do so as much anymore??
◜ WISH YOU WERE HERE ◞
INFO. CHARACTERS.

Offline cosmyn

• he / him
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2019, 09:23:31 PM »
personally, i’d love to see some natural disasters where the groups are all strained and trading agreements are put on hold, meaning groups aren’t getting what they need and it’s putting major rofts. it could cause a war of sorts. say badlands needs wood, well.. that could cause a territory conflict with flintlock, etc.
are you tired of me yet?
i’m a little sick right now but i swear

Offline AUREATE™

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2019, 09:42:40 PM »
That sounds like an awesome idea!! :0

I think my only issue with that is that right now, trading isn't really a thing? Groups at least appear to be entirely self-sufficient. So maybe we could start a plot that makes trading important to both the groups and our portrayals / writings of the groups? And then a big fun disaster.

Offline cosmyn

• he / him
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2019, 09:53:08 PM »
maybe a famine and disease?? of course this would depend on if badlands can still peddle drugs. a disease could be affecting flintlock (unknown causes aka the food), which causes them to seek medicine and drugs from badlands, even old school remedies that are, technically, illegal today due to the addiction-prone ingredients. it just so happens that badlands is in a famine, so they agree to trade, but they all end up sick (some worse then others, some better then others, some not affected at all), and once people start getting sick, the immediately think flintlock tried to poison them and it wages a war. flintlock, realising that badlands probably has a ton of ocean resources that are too difficult to get makes them participate in the war so they can have fresh food??

then the disasters come along, maybe a tsunami and a an earth quake/landslide for badlands and flint respectively, which force them both to sort of work together (but not join together) and either work a trade deal with the back boards or attack the black boards for their food and medicine??
are you tired of me yet?
i’m a little sick right now but i swear