Author Topic: help me where does this new guy go!!!  (Read 100 times)

Offline firebird

• felix
  • sup bois
    • he/him
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
help me where does this new guy go!!!
« on: August 26, 2019, 09:25:15 AM »
so I have..a new character. He's not 100% fleshed out yet but I need help placing him! TNW, ofc, since he's a human, and it can be front or backboard.

Here are the concepts I Have for him~
-- Rousseau
- midlife crisis
- ADHD
- social anxiety, but somehow WILDLY flamboyant in public
- every interaction is a performance thats how
- trained operatic singer; voice is a baritone AND tenor woooo
- plays spanish guitar
-  angrily agnostic; he was raised religiously and feels betrayed by whatever beings are out there
- still, can't stop himself from praying if he's scared for someone or himself
- has felt, sometimes, like a woman; but has always been too scared to embrace it
- amab, 6'2'' and built broad, a little more chubby than muscular but very solid overall
- gets visibly fidgety/nervous around cis guys in general ; tries to play it off by smiling and laughing a lot more
- knows how to use a knife, as well as trained in fighting with a cane
- has a very bombastic, excitable personality and he's rarely quiet or reserved unless drunk or around people he detests
- gothic / fantasy clothing style, wears it every day and poses for pictures, but flips off people who take photos without asking, or tries to somehow ruin their photo
- wears a ring he tells people is hollow and holds poison but thats a lie he just thinks its cool
- went to prison for three years while in his 20s for battery
- has a beehive and collects honey

Just a note, he doesn't have a specific face claim, but his inspiration and the closest thing to his faceclaim is Aurelio Voltaire if anyone's curious.

Offline Hootowls

• Administrator
  • [ she/her ]
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
Re: help me where does this new guy go!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 11:52:33 AM »
OKIE so I’m assuming you probs want groups with less cis guys, considering Rousseau’s nervousness? But TNW is like...dominated by cis men atm, I don’t think there are any trans peeps? Catalyst (BL) is non-binary, and there might be another one somewhere, too? Idk for sure, I could be wrong with all of these since I’m only in Flintlock right now (I try to stalk the groups tho)

From what I know, FL has a good chunk of the girls. A lot of them are Babies, but there’s also Hayley, Blake, and Ellie (except she’s MIA). From what I know, BL only has one girl, buuuuut still a girl.

The backboard groups are slower and always need a little more love, but I don’t know the statistics of their male-female ratio :,^0c

I’m like,, a FL fan sOO here’s another suggestion for FL:
Lately they’ve been kinda lacking in the personality you described; a lot of people in FL have been p introverted and/or chill lately. So if you decide to bring him there, he’d be pretty interesting to see!

Tbh his personality could fit in basically any group, but personally I recommend FL because of bias and the things I mentioned above
hootowls ( /ho͞ot-ouls/ )
1.) owl city is love
2.) open to pms/questions

Offline firebird

• felix
  • sup bois
    • he/him
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 01:41:46 PM »
io mean im assuming theres cis guys in every group so i cant rlly ignore that
plus
Drama

but yeah i might, I always am a bit sad with flintlock (not bc of anything wrong with th e group just my own' aww johannes is gone'  nostalgia)
but it might be good to jump back in and yeah hes definitely NOT introverted

Offline darky

• They/Them
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 01:51:08 PM »
I'm?? Biased abt BL but??? yeah I'd say Flintlock would be a good fit for him! They've got a good mix of genders from what I've seen, so ICly that'd probably be fairly comfortable for Rousseau!

I've also heard good things about Bluestem Prairie, but I don't have detailed statistics or anything but? Ik they're having their own metaphorical party going on in the backboards.

But to be devil's advocate for a minute, BL's also pretty fun! We're working on getting more group-wide plots going, plus the characters running around ICly are all interesting and unique in different ways. It's definitely male-centric w/ a lot of cis guys running around, but like Hoot said the current leader is nonbinary and we have. one girl but she is cherished

So yea whatever group you go with, I hope to see Rousseau around! My msgs are always open if you wanna plot, I've only got Salem in BL right now but he doesn't give a fuck abt group alliances when it comes to friendships
I need to save you, but who's going to save me?
characters ++ staff ;p