Author Topic: sick of being tired - open  (Read 122 times)

Offline roman.

• he/him
    • View Profile
sick of being tired - open
« on: October 13, 2019, 11:36:58 AM »

roman had been working on getting settled in this ghost town. it had taken some searching, but sure enough, he had found a place. given, it wasn’t in the best condition - creaky floorboards and the ever present fear that too much company would make the whole foundation break - but it was a place that roman felt would be perfect once he patched it up. after sweeping it a couple dozen times just to make sure he wouldn’t be in the company of a few dead bodies that seemed to litter the ghost town, he went to work on sweeping the dust out.

he stood by the door, sweeping the dust outside - until a bark alerted him that he wasn’t alone. he turned his head to see- that damn black dog again. stupid thing had been following him like a shadow. he looked at him, the dog staring back- and the little canine looked at him with those big, sad puppy dog eyes.. he breathed a deep sigh before opening the door wider and stepping out. “alright. come on in.” guess he was going to have to claim ownership of this damn dog, since it didn’t look like he was going to be leaving him alone at any point. without even a second to waste, the dog was scampering inside, seemingly glad he got his way.

with a sigh, roman dragged the broom outside with him, letting go of the door to opt to lean against his newfound home.

// what is this post who knows
【 learn not to trust a fox 】
bio @elysianhover

Offline KRONOS.

• View Profile
Re: sick of being tired - open
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 07:43:38 AM »
      Kronos was useless. Every time he'd sweep dust in one direction, it'd disperse away in all directions, enough to make Kronos splutter with every attempt. Where were vacuum cleaners when you needed one? Needless to say, Kronos had very quickly given up on trying to spruce up a home for himself, instead sitting on the top step of his porch (His porch; that was so badass sounding! First time homeowner right here, ladies and gentlemen) and pouting, chin resting on the palm of his hand.

Eyes rolled and landed on Roman being as fucking perfect at everything as usual - the lucky bastard - as he swept dust out of the front door of his home with ease. He watched the man who had occupied a home further down the street for a while until aww - Pookie Two was back, standing like a lost idiot. Kronos' brows bunched together sympathetically; that dog was so freaking relatable. Roman was now talking to the dog, actual words unknown to Kronos but it surely seemed like the little black hound was pleased with the news, scrambling up the stairs and into the house.

Without a second to waste, Kronos' curiosity got the best of him, standing up and wandering over with his hands in his pockets. Sure, maybe he and Roman were having a rough spell, with no help from Kronos' own childish jealousy, but he stopped at the bottom of the stairs, pouting a little as he looked up at Roman before opening his stupid gob. ❝ Mama bird has opened her nest for her walking, breathing shadow! It was... inspiring to see. Trust me. ❞

Spoiler: tags :: updated 10/16 • show
basics.
⊳ killian scott croley // kronos
⊳ has only ever introduced himself as the name ❝ kronos ❞
⊳ male // he/him
⊳ twenty two // ages real time // born eighth march
⊳ member of bluestem prairie // formerly a traveler with roman darrow
⊳ joined BP july 2039

appearance.
faceclaim - robert sheehan
voice claim - robert sheehan
⊳  5'11ft // bony, lithe frame
⊳ hazel eyes and jet black hair
⊳ physical health - 100% // current injuries: none
⊳ mental health - 100% // N/A

personality.
⊳ a child in a man's body // a joyous naive air to him
⊳ fun-loving, clownish and overly complacent // unreliable
⊳ spontaneous and very brash, namely with his speech
⊳ hedonistic and entirely unrepentant
⊳ leech // clings onto people even though they may not want him around
⊳ can rarely take anything seriously
⊳ nor can people take him too seriously
⊳ has a deeper insight on life // can act as a voice of reason sometimes
⊳ doesn't dwell too much on things // optimistic
⊳ when he simply can't be optimistic, he's quick to numb himself
⊳ confident in who he is // accepted his flaws
⊳ overly affectionate and loving towards everyone
⊳ very open about himself // ❝what you see is what you get❞
⊳ lets people think whatever they please of him
⊳ his logic is internalized and hard to follow
⊳ intuitive and perceptive // openly expresses his emotions
⊳ darkly comic, sarcastic, and witty
⊳ looks at his own life through a bleak lens

relationships.
⊳ redmond croley x beryl croley // location unknown
⊳ three siblings // no longer associates with them
⊳ very openly homosexual
⊳ crushing on no one
⊳ unaware that his best friend, roman, crushes on him

interaction.
storage // playlist // pinterest
⊳ physically: medium // mentally: medium
⊳ he only owns a knife as a weapon
⊳ more of a pacifist than anything // he'd try talk his way out of any conflict
STRIKE ME DOWN TO THE GROUND, YOU KNOW I'VE SEEN IT BEFORE
MAKE IT HURT, I'LL EAT THE DIRT, I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE . . .
HOVER + BIO + PLAYLIST + PINTEREST

Offline roman.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 04:18:18 PM »

jesus, the helpless were all one in the same - let one in, and then there will be more at your doorstep. so sure enough as he watched the black dog scamper inside, then closed the door, another one of those helpless few came in the form of kronos, standing at the bottom of the stairs. and you know, the man was incredibly attractive when he didn’t open his mouth. of course, though, that moment was always far too short-lived to get anywhere, swept away the moment kro opened his mouth.

mama bird? he tried not to make a face at that. instead, he looked rather stoic before eventually cracking the smallest of smiles as he noted, “had to find someone else to split rent with.” usually roman wouldn’t have bothered to make such a reply as that, but he felt like it was his only real justification. and to be honest, it was… weird, not having anyone to live with. usually he always could wake up and know that kronos wasn’t that far away, or know that he had his parents and siblings in the next room.. it was too odd of a feeling, and he figured for a moment that perhaps this dog could fill the gaps--

her walking, breathing shadow.. he could only stare down at the man for a moment, looking mildly unimpressed. then, a thoughtful, “shadow, huh?” the name seemed to have clicked in his mind, and he couldn’t help briefly contemplating it. if he was going to decide to own this dog, he might as well name him, right? part of him had briefly entertained the thought of naming the damn thing pookie two, mainly since kronos had lost that creepy taxidermy cat in the fire… “you know, you should name him. i’m not good with names, and you're-” he paused casually as he searched for a description. "you."

that explained it well enough.
bio @elysianhover

Offline KRONOS.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 02:44:17 PM »
      ❝ Had to find someone else to split rent with. ❞ Kronos' lips curled into a brief, fake as plastic smile, gaze flitting about. Well Roman... That someone could've been Kronos if you didn't go around being a stupid bastard, huh? But, Kronos wouldn't say anything - he was free like a bird! Jealously? What was jealously? Kronos had never even seen jealousy before; oblivious to the fact that his own jealousy had bitch slapped him all the way to Roman's front doorstep.

But, very quickly, his own silent bitterness dissolved at Roman's suggestion. Kronos could suggest names for the new dog.

❝ Me? Name him?! I'm honored. Do I also get to be his godparent? Celebrate his ❛ gotcha day ❜ with the whole family?! ❞ Kronos was eager to exclaim, feign gasping as he held a hand to his chest. Well, Roman was right. Kronos was Kronos, which only meant that he was the master of coming up with good names. After all, he literally named himself. So bloody talented at names! To him, Kronos was so much more badass than Killian, plus more fitting back in the day. And so-

❝ Name him Killian! ❞ He pointed out, lips curling into a big closed lip smile. Sure, Roman didn't exactly know that that was Kronos' real name, but Kronos had no doubt that Roman would find the name as endearing and mysteriously beautiful as his best friend was anyways. ❝ It's reserved only for the cutest of things. ❞ He added for good measure, arms folding across his torso casually.

And then, he'd continue yet again, for more added good measure. ❝ It's so... fitting. ❞ Kronos shrugged his shoulders. Roman ought to agree with him in saying that Killian was a good name - there was no reason why he'd say otherwise. No reason.

basics.
⊳ male // he/him
⊳ joined BP july 2039

appearance.

personality.

relationships.
⊳ very openly homosexual
⊳ crushing on no one

interaction.

Offline roman.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 10:51:51 PM »

he’d missed the idiot’s stupid grin and overdramatic flair.. while he still remained relatively neutral on the outside, there was the faintest glimmer in his eyes, amusement at kronos’s own expense. “aren’t godparents supposed to be good role models?” not that roman claimed he was the best role model, either, but imagining anyone having to learn about life through kronos’s own lens… not to mention that he wouldn’t be able to apologize enough to the pooch if he was left to be brought up by kronos if something were to happen to roman…

a pause. unimpressed eyes searched kronos’s big smile. “what kind of a name is killian? it’s a terrible name.” judging by kronos’s fondness for the name, he paused before quickly adding in, “for a dog.” maybe killian was a decent name for a person, but for a dog? that was honestly the last thing he had expected to come from the ever-creative irishman. he pursed his lips the slightest bit in thought, briefly wondering why kronos was so in love with the name--

only to mentally shrug and move on. “got any other ideas?” he obviously wasn’t as impressed with killian as kronos. perhaps down the road, if he ever knew why his good friend liked that name, he would end up using it. until that time ever came, though, he’d remain not-too intrigued, and not entertaining the thought in the slightest.

bio @elysianhover

Offline KRONOS.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 02:55:48 PM »
      Kronos' eyes sprung open wide at Roman's comment, not skipping a beat before remarking in retaliation, ❝ Hey! I'm a great role model! Puppy will grow up with ravishing legs like mine! ❞ He purred his last words, attempting to show proof by tugging his trouser leg upwards to show the slightest of skin on his shin.

❝ And... And I can teach it how to hunt. I'll even use my teeth if I have to! Catch a deer - the dog can grab it by the leg and I will grab it by the horns, and- Listen, man, it's a bloody good idea! ❞

What the fuck was Kronos on about now?

And then, when it came to suggesting names, Kronos was quick to throw his name into the mix. After all, currently it was pretty unused - the dog would be doing the name justice! But then, Roman went and completely ripped Kronos' name to shreds. Thanks Roman! ❝ Woah! Watch it, mate. All the Killians out there will unite and seek vengeance for that! ❞ Kronos sneered, shriveling his nose up. Well, at least Roman added that it was a bad name for a dog. In Kronos' defense, he thought the dog would suit the name...

❝ Gee, I don't know... ❞ Kronos shrugged as he turned to look over towards the dog. Any other name ideas? He knew already that Roman would hate hate hate Kronos' suggestions. ❝ Lets think... Beetle! Or what about Corky? Oh! Uh... Coca Cola! Wiggles? ❞ Kronos pouted. Oh, he had no clue. ❝ Have you got any ideas? ❞

basics.
⊳ male // he/him
⊳ joined BP july 2039

appearance.

personality.

relationships.
⊳ very openly homosexual
⊳ crushing on no one

interaction.