Author Topic: I SEE THE LIGHT > p  (Read 138 times)

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
  • "what is up with finny and daddies" - crows
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
I SEE THE LIGHT > p
« on: November 24, 2019, 03:54:13 AM »
honeysuckle
you're amazing!
u rock !
I bend the definition of faith
the loud and lively sounds of the pub had transitioned into the eerie silence that enveloped the tunnel hook hand showed them. normally, it would have sent shivers down honey's spine but the adrenaline was still rushing through her veins from the excitement she just experienced with the ruffians and thugs mother had previously warned her about, but with most things, she soon realized there was more than what you saw on the surface and they were actually delightful.

there was a small skip in her step as she walked alongside lysander, looking down at monet as she weaved through honey's legs with each step she took which made her let a small giggle. eventually monet climbed up her leg and side to her shoulder before going behind her neck some and rested on her shoulders. honey finally looked over to her guide and smiled. "soooo, lysander. where ya from?" apparently the trip took more than one day, so she figured she might as well get to know him, right?
in this town we call home
everyone hail to the pumpkin songHUB

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I SEE THE LIGHT > p
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 04:39:39 AM »
LYSANDER H.
you're amazing!
u rock !
ALWAYS ONE FOOT ON THE GROUND!
Lysander was having one hell of a week, and he wasn't even close to being done. The bruise on his jaw was evidence of the weirdest assault that had happened to him (and that was counting the incident in Italy), a reminder of how he'd completely let down his guard and lost the most expensive object he'd ever stolen to a teenager. So here he was now, playing tour guide and trying to nurse his wounded pride.

The whole pub thing was supposed to work, and yet.. it hadn't. Instead, it was almost like everyone was drawn to Honeysuckle (who named their kid Honeysuckle?), and it was really goddamn irritating. At her words, Lysander shrugged non-noncommittally. "Unimportant. Much like the hair questions." The blaring elephant in the room that he was told to not ask about was getting annoying. "Lets say I know lots of places." As he stepped, he noticed with vague interest that a pebble was moving strangely near his feet. Funny, it looked just like it was vibrating. In fact... "Shiii-oot." Lysander began, looking over at Honeysuckle, then at the tunnel from which they came. "I think we have company."

i have a strict rule against dying in the same place twice — info

Offline finny.

• Senior Moderator
  • "what is up with finny and daddies" - crows
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 02:50:23 AM »
honeysuckle
you're amazing!
u rock !
I bend the definition of faith
she listened as he told her it was unimportant, her eyebrows started to furrow together until he connected it to the questions about her hair, which she couldn't argue with. if he wasn't allowed to ask about her hair then it made sense he got to have some closed off topics as well. honey was about to switch the topic to something else but her curiosity jumped out again when he said he had seen a lot of passes, which was naturally intriguing to the girl that spent her whole life locked away in a tower.

"really!? wow!" an amazed expression found its way onto her face as she looked up at him, eyes wide. "what places have you been to? i've always wanted to travel and see new places but mother always told me it wasn't a good idea to the tower so i always listened to her, up until now, of course! how any places have you been to? have you been to france bef-" she quickly stopped talking when the pebbles started shaking on the ground, her breath catching in her throat as she began to try and gather all of her hair into her arms as lights from torches began to grow closer.

"what are we gonna do?!" she frantically asked, starting to run.
in this town we call home
everyone hail to the pumpkin songHUB

Offline crows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 04:56:36 AM »
LYSANDER H.
you're amazing!
u rock !
ALWAYS ONE FOOT ON THE GROUND!
Here's the thing: if Lysander had known that stealing a crown would've resulted in this, he definitely would've rather taken a loss than come to the realization that he was gonna have to hide himself, Honeysuckle, and the 70 surplus feet of hair that he still had no clue about. Honestly, his first instinct was to dig in his heels and not look back - cut his losses, admit defeat, add another person on his list of "people I have backstabbed," but there was something in the pit of his stomach that made him feel... bad. Honeysuckle was so impossibly new to this world that it made him feel sick, potentially leaving her with a bunch of guards. God, he was going against his better judgement, wasn't he?

"Run!" Lysander responded to her question by scooping up an armful of her hair and her hand, booking it down the tunnel in the desperate hope that those idiots back at the pub weren't just pulling his hair on this one. "There should be an exit of some kind soon." Lysander said, before catching a glimpse of something shiny in the ceiling. "Ah." The exit looked like some kind of trap door, and it was just too tall to get a grip on. Oh, great. Where'd he see this scenario before? "You're gonna have to climb on my shoulders to reach that exit. You'll need to pull me out after." Lysander would just have to hope that Honeysuckle wasn't anything like him, when it came to potentially betraying partners.

i have a strict rule against dying in the same place twice — info