Author Topic: thought i had the upper hand [joining]  (Read 76 times)

Offline Amy Ray

• Northstar District
  • Played by Bryne
    • View Profile
thought i had the upper hand [joining]
« on: November 25, 2019, 03:01:38 PM »
//tw for fire and burns/burning

Fire. So much fire.

The memories were always worse this time of year, around the anniversary. She never could be sure of the exact date, but she could tell by the bite in the air and the overall feeling. Amy always woke up feeling like she was choking on the smoke all over again, her hands, arms and legs tingling. Tingling. That was an improvement to feeling like she was burning all over again.

It was worse when she was asleep, but even in the light of day the memories plagued her. She would push them away, but as soon as she let her guard down they'd be back. Screaming. Who was screaming? Was it her own, or someone else's? Maybe there were two voices, desperate to be saved, or perhaps for their suffering to just end already.

Yes, two voices, but they weren't there. Ghosts, of two girls that had burned in hell but did not stay. Amy shook her head, as if that would be enough to dispel them. She needed to focus. Most of the past three years had been spent alone, the only significant break being a brief spell in St. Peters. She'd gone back there, to the Costco they once called home, but found it empty. Eventually she learned that they had moved, and moved again, changing their name to Northstar District somewhere along the way. Still, they were a group of traders, so perhaps they were perfect. They wouldn't know her, but she would in some way know them. She could restock there, maybe even stay for a few days.

It had taken a long time for Amy to reach the city, and as she approached conflicting feelings twisted in her gut. She was sort of excited to see another person, but also dreading it. Even before the fire, she wasn't exactly known for her social skills. The social butterfly had always been her older sister, who easily took the spotlight and every good and bad thing that came with it. Amy didn't mind, it meant that she was left to her own devices, to do what she wanted with who she wanted without her parents caring.

Her sister was despicable, and Amy prayed that she'd never see that woman again. But she almost missed having her as a shield. Almost. She was older now, wiser to the world. She could handle herself. But now she needed food and a soft place to sleep, if Northstar would be kind enough to offer such things.

//she's a bit past the border but not quite at the city yet, rushed here at the end

Spoiler: Tags || Updated 11/25/19 • show
General
— Amy Ray | Previously Lessandra Felix | Only responds to Amy
— Cis female | Feminine pronouns (she/her)
— Twenty years old | Birthday is 5/26/19 | Gemini
— Member of Northstar District

Relationships
— Homosexual | Homoromantic
— Single | Not looking
— Still not 100% past the loss of her first love
— Guarded and distrusting | Lots of walls
— Doesn't let people in easily & takes all relationships slowly
— Geoff xx Eliza | Sister of Selena, Aaron & Isabel Felix

Physical
— Health: 95% | Typical wear and tear from traveling alone
— Amy is biracial, and her skin tone reflects that - not as pale as her father but not as tan as her mother. She has long dark brown hair that is almost always tied back in a severe ponytail - with some allowance for her bangs. She's about 5'6" and likely to grow another inch or two more yet, and has a lean build. She has brown eyes that seem to hide haunting memories - while not dark-intentioned there is rarely light in them. She has a scar under her left eye and severe burns on her hands, arms and legs as well as freckles on her face. She has three piercings in each ear and one in her belly button. She keeps herself clean and well-groomed, her eyebrows maintained and when possible her legs and underarms shaved. Typically she wears an off-white shirt and blue tie and black slacks that have seen better days and been mended and repaired repeatedly.

Personality
— Amy is generally a serious person and doesn't take a lot of time to have fun. She isn't a stranger to it by any means, nor does she consider it an enormous waste of time, but she rarely feels it has room in her life. She's usually very guarded and doesn't let people in very easily and prefers taking relationships slowly. It can't be said whether she's particularly honest or dishonest, or loyal or disloyal - there are certain topics she will not speak of and will lie about though she usually prefers to be candid, and while not inherently disloyal she has betrayed some that were close to her. She is a very stubborn and bullheaded individual and once she's convinced of something there is no way to convince her otherwise. Typically Amy is a woman of logic more than emotion and keeps said emotions on a tight leash (though she feels her emotions very strongly), she is still dictated by a strong sense of what's right and wrong and does her best to stay in the right rather than the wrong and feels a deep sense of shame whenever she hurts someone - which she (to her own horror) is indeed capable of doing. She tries to be pacifistic but when forced to violence or thinks it's the right thing to do or when her temper is tried too much, she will lash out, often regretting it later on.

Interaction
— Typically pacifistic but can be pushed to violence
— Rarely starts fights | Will try to finish them
— Roughly medium physically | Medium-hard mentally
@Amy Ray attack in bold underline #916A7E
— Nonviolent/peaceful powerplay allowed
— No kill/capture/maim/etc without permission

— #pyresfancy —
❊—— first they incite the violence ——❊
turn around and then they invite the silence
burn it down and i think i need some guidance

Offline ⚜ PUCK G.

• he / him
    • View Profile
Re: thought i had the upper hand [joining]
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 03:43:26 PM »
/ a lil rushed

puck had his own experiences with fire- never the kind that amy might think of. sure, he had set a shed on fire (it was an accident, he swears!), but no one got hurt. greenie hadn’t seemed angry about it, but he was used to being wrong and things from his past being used to manipulate him. sure, it wasn’t fun, but he never really wished i’ll on anyone. not even his father.

of course, the teenager needed things to do, so one of the NPC’s suggested he go and take a walk, and that’s how he found amy. he had climbed his way into a tree, and caught sight of her from where he sat in the branches of the oak. “who are you?
FLY ME TO THE MOON  ★★★★★★
LET ME PLAY AMONG THE STARS
////

Offline Amy Ray

• Northstar District
  • Played by Bryne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 05:00:03 PM »
The fire that she had been caught up in had been all too intentional. An act of anguish and revenge for something that could never be brought back. The part that hadn't been planned was someone being inside, someone young and innocent. Someone who'd done nothing wrong. Was she a bad person? She'd had good intentions, revenge aside, hoping that maybe, just maybe, the fire would prevent what had happened to Jaime from happening to someone else.

It was a pitiful attempt at stopping her family.

A voice sounded from somewhere above her, and Amy looked up, eyes settling on a boy that looked about her sister's age, give or take. "I'm -" her voice broke, hoarse from disuse. "I'm Amy Ray. I'm looking for Northstar District." Better.

General

Relationships
— Single | Not looking

Physical
— Amy is biracial, and her skin tone reflects that - not as pale as her father but not as tan as her mother. She has long dark brown hair that is almost always tied back in a severe ponytail - with some allowance for her bangs. She's about 5'6" and likely to grow another inch or two more yet, and has a lean build. She has brown eyes that seem to hide haunting memories - while not dark-intentioned there is rarely light in them. She has a scar under her left eye and severe burns on her hands, arms and legs as well as freckles on her face. She has three piercings in each ear and one in her belly button. She keeps herself clean and well-groomed, her eyebrows maintained and when possible her legs and underarms shaved. Typically she wears an off-white shirt and blue tie and black slacks that have seen better days and been mended and repaired repeatedly.

Personality
— Amy is generally a serious person and doesn't take a lot of time to have fun. She isn't a stranger to it by any means, nor does she consider it an enormous waste of time, but she rarely feels it has room in her life. She's usually very guarded and doesn't let people in very easily and prefers taking relationships slowly. It can't be said whether she's particularly honest or dishonest, or loyal or disloyal - there are certain topics she will not speak of and will lie about though she usually prefers to be candid, and while not inherently disloyal she has betrayed some that were close to her. She is a very stubborn and bullheaded individual and once she's convinced of something there is no way to convince her otherwise. Typically Amy is a woman of logic more than emotion and keeps said emotions on a tight leash (though she feels her emotions very strongly), she is still dictated by a strong sense of what's right and wrong and does her best to stay in the right rather than the wrong and feels a deep sense of shame whenever she hurts someone - which she (to her own horror) is indeed capable of doing. She tries to be pacifistic but when forced to violence or thinks it's the right thing to do or when her temper is tried too much, she will lash out, often regretting it later on.

Interaction

— #pyresfancy —

Offline mateo.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 12:35:47 PM »

mateo knew what it felt like to be surrounded by fire. that was the whole reason he came to northstar. even then… he could still feel the fire as if it was licking at his heels, chasing him.. he liked to think any other fire survivors felt the same. he squinted his eyes slightly as he saw puck and a stranger out in the distance.

mateo strolled over towards the joiner, just in time to catch her name and why she was here. “well, amy ray,” he said, voice ever-so kind and charming. “you have come to the right place.” he gestured back in the direction of the city. ”come follow me. we can get you to the city.” he then began to walk a ways ahead of her, glancing to look over his shoulder at her before looking back ahead. “i’m mateo suarez, by the way. welcome to northstar.”

he liked to try and make everyone feel welcome. hopefully he could do just the same for this person. “what brings you to northstar?”

Offline GREENIE.

• Board Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 01:27:44 PM »
      For a man who grew up with absolutely nothing, Green would still insist that he lived quite the sheltered life. Deaths that had affected him early in his childhood and the memories of such events sometimes seemed somewhat fragmented. Suffering came in the form of a stomach grumbling for the third day in a row as a sickly hooded figure sat leaning against a wall by an alley, hoping that somebody could toss him a dollar or two for him to get himself something to eat. No tragedies. No attacks. No fires.

At the sight of a couple of people congregating, Green shoved his hands in his pockets comfortably and then began to make his way over to see what was happening. And, as he neared, he saw a newcomer stood chatting with Puck and Mateo. Green chose not to really say very much, realizing that Puck and Mateo had probably already gone over the formalities. So, instead, Green cracked a small smile and stood between Puck and Mateo, peering over.

Spoiler: tags :: updated 9/22 • show
basics.
✫ vernon jeremiah green // only known as green or greenie
✫ hasn't told people that his name is vernon
✫ male // he/him
✫ twenty four // ages real time // born twenty first april
✫ leader of northstar district
✫ stepped up as leader - twentieth april 2039

appearance.
faceclaim - taron egerton
voice claim - taron egerton
✫ family originally comes from llanfairpwllgwyngyll in wales
✫ has a mixed british accent with a welsh and american twang
✫ 5'10ft // lean yet well-built from working out
✫ soft blue eyes and dirty blonde hair
✫ physical health - 100%
    ¬ current injuries: none as of now
✫ mental health - 100%
    ¬ he's got no ailments at the moment

personality.
✫ fundamentally he has a good heart // humble
✫ very assertive // does what he can to benefit northstar
✫ has a good set of morals // cares for people unconditionally
✫ very relaxed and composed with self-assurance and confidence
✫ incredibly complacent and laid back unless he's fighting for his cause
✫ massive daredevil // is very into extreme sports
✫ fearless, stupidly so // doesn't mind risking his own life
✫ generally easy to get on with, it's difficult to dislike him
✫ doesn't think into the future // only thinks about the present
✫ dependable and very loyal to his friends

relationships.
✫ david green x cassandra griffiths // both are deceased
✫ only child // his biological father died before he was born
✫ green was orphaned when he was nine
✫ fostered by caroline and steve miles
✫ both his foster parents died when green was eleven
✫ his chihuahua and pug, midas and ginnie, are basically his children
✫ heterosexual heteroromantic // has never been in a relationship before
✫ in a relationship with fallon rude

interaction.
storage // playlist // pinterest
✫ physically: hard // mentally: medium
✫ his weapon of choice is a bat, yet he only has it for defense
✫ also has a bow and arrow, but uses it for recreation
✫ much prefers to run away // is exceptional at parkour
✫ very diplomatic and much prefers mediation rather than fighting
✫ dislikes confrontation yet will fight if need be // not a fan of close-ranged attacks
✫ foster parents taught him self-defense
✫ living on the streets turned him into a good fighter
SOME PEOPLE THINK I'M BONKERS
BUT I JUST THINK I'M FREE  ¬  BIOPLAYLISTPINTEREST

Offline Amy Ray

• Northstar District
  • Played by Bryne
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 06:51:43 PM »
//sweats bc of how late this is

You didn't have to look any further than her hands to see that she'd had some sort of experience with fire; unless she wore gloves or pulled her hands into her sleeves the burn scars on her hands were apparent for anyone to see. Sometimes she thought about hiding them, but in the end she only covered them when she was cold.

She'd be covering them soon enough.

Two more people joined the party, both older (but not much older) men. One spoke, offering to take her to the city and introducing himself, and the other was silent. "Passing through for a few days, if that's alright with you. I've not got a lot to trade, but..." But what? She could barely scrape by trapping animals in the wild, and besides that there was little she could offer in the few days she intended to stay. "But I'm sure we can work something out." She eyed Puck and Green. "What are your names?"

General

Relationships
— Single | Not looking

Physical

Personality

Interaction

— #pyresfancy —

Offline GREENIE.

• Board Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 01:03:11 PM »
      Passing through for a couple of days. Honestly, Green wasn't too fussed; she was more than welcome to stay for however long she wished. And so, with a small smile tugging at his lips, he finally chose to speak up. ❝ I'm Greenie, it's good to meet you Amy. ❞ He paused, glancing over his shoulder briefly before he continued, ❝ Passing through is fine by me - we can work something out in due course. Mateo, how about you show Amy around, please? ❞ He rested a hand on his friend's shoulder briefly, knowing well that he'd do Northstar justice.

Spoiler: tags :: updated 9/22 • show
basics.
✫ vernon jeremiah green // only known as green or greenie
✫ hasn't told people that his name is vernon
✫ male // he/him
✫ twenty four // ages real time // born twenty first april
✫ leader of northstar district
✫ stepped up as leader - twentieth april 2039

appearance.
faceclaim - taron egerton
voice claim - taron egerton
✫ family originally comes from llanfairpwllgwyngyll in wales
✫ has a mixed british accent with a welsh and american twang
✫ 5'10ft // lean yet well-built from working out
✫ soft blue eyes and dirty blonde hair
✫ physical health - 100%
    ¬ current injuries: none as of now
✫ mental health - 100%
    ¬ he's got no ailments at the moment

personality.
✫ fundamentally he has a good heart // humble
✫ very assertive // does what he can to benefit northstar
✫ has a good set of morals // cares for people unconditionally
✫ very relaxed and composed with self-assurance and confidence
✫ incredibly complacent and laid back unless he's fighting for his cause
✫ massive daredevil // is very into extreme sports
✫ fearless, stupidly so // doesn't mind risking his own life
✫ generally easy to get on with, it's difficult to dislike him
✫ doesn't think into the future // only thinks about the present
✫ dependable and very loyal to his friends

relationships.
✫ david green x cassandra griffiths // both are deceased
✫ only child // his biological father died before he was born
✫ green was orphaned when he was nine
✫ fostered by caroline and steve miles
✫ both his foster parents died when green was eleven
✫ his chihuahua and pug, midas and ginnie, are basically his children
✫ heterosexual heteroromantic // has never been in a relationship before
✫ in a relationship with fallon rude

interaction.
storage // playlist // pinterest
✫ physically: hard // mentally: medium
✫ his weapon of choice is a bat, yet he only has it for defense
✫ also has a bow and arrow, but uses it for recreation
✫ much prefers to run away // is exceptional at parkour
✫ very diplomatic and much prefers mediation rather than fighting
✫ dislikes confrontation yet will fight if need be // not a fan of close-ranged attacks
✫ foster parents taught him self-defense
✫ living on the streets turned him into a good fighter
SOME PEOPLE THINK I'M BONKERS
BUT I JUST THINK I'M FREE  ¬  BIOPLAYLISTPINTEREST