Author Topic: follow my journey through disney+ i'll give you lukewarm tea  (Read 1401 times)

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
Re: follow my journey through disney+ i'll give you lukewarm tea
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 10:11:10 AM »
the fact that i read that in that voice fml

tbfh i watched it when it first came out and didn't really like it
then i watched it the other day again and. still don't like it
like i get the whole point is "female empowerment" but i feel like it massively fails to really show that.
but honestly if it didn't have disney's name on it, i think it would've been... viewed better from my end.
but since i know it's disney, and i am comparing it to all the other disney films, my mind is instantly like "wow disney you could do so much better"
so i don't know
i'm going to cHaNgE mY fAtE

Offline Bryne

• Administrator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 01:46:08 PM »
aight well would you like me to spill some more, even more controversial tea

{
We'll pick up all of the pieces We'll turn the pain into peaches I'm not afraid of my demons We'll turn the pain into peaches ....

Offline truce.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2020, 01:58:46 PM »
spill that controversial tea sis
IF YOU OPEN MY CHEST , SEE THAT TWO HEARTS ARE BEATING .
hover + writing + pinterest + spotify + discord: truce.#2909

Offline Bryne

• Administrator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2020, 04:56:56 PM »
Cars is my favorite Pixar movie ok it's Pixar not disney but close enough right
I know that objectively it is not the best but my dumbass loves it so much and that'll never change

{
We'll pick up all of the pieces We'll turn the pain into peaches I'm not afraid of my demons We'll turn the pain into peaches ....

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 10:44:11 PM »
bryne
wtf is wrong with you
ASDFASDF no jk jk i stan that you love cars of all movies 
it was my childhood growing up so i've got a bit of a soft spot for it
it is,,, nowhere near my favorite pixar movies,,,,
or even my top three,,,,
but you know what you had the guts to admit it so i'm giving you extra brownie points

what are your top three disney movies bryne
spill that tea

Offline Bryne

• Administrator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2020, 03:55:03 PM »
IT HOLDS A RLLY SPECIAL NOSTALGIC PLACE IN MY HEART OK leave me alone
it reminds me of a good day I had when I was little and it's a watchable movie unlike a certain movie that should be condemned to the ash heap of history I liked the chars, I liked radiator springs, I liked the music and the racing. and when I was older I got to appreciate the "play freebird" joke. yes if you think about the logistics of their universe it's a whole lot of "um excuse me what the fuck" and I acknowledge it's a dumb movie but I love that dumb movie with all my heart
quality doesn't always equal happiness and that movie makes me so damn happy

ok wow that's tough. mm Aladdin, Mulan and the Lion King in no particular order

{

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2020, 12:41:08 PM »
oooh okay my next topic
since this is the second time i've watched it and i'm still like
irked

the new disney aladdin
i think will smith is an amazing genie don't get me wrong muah perfection honestly
i actually laugh at some of his parts
but i'm honestly pretty annoyed with how they,, tweaked things wtf
like even changing the lyrics to "one jump" which is my fave aladdin song
smh i'm disappointed in it but love things about it so it's a whole mess of things

but it also only has me more disappointed for the upcoming mulan movie
since there's no music in it,,, or mushu,,,
like it won't be the same

Offline BEATLES

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2020, 01:15:39 PM »
i've been stalking this thread for Far too long but since i've been using disney+ more lately i wanna jump in

i never?? saw the new aladdin
i'll get around to it eventually but akskaskd
will smith seems like a great genie but yeah disney just. tweaks things a Lot, and not even the things people want tweaked really

yeah with mulan like
i get they wanna be more Culturally Correct and that's an A for Effort but i'm sure no one would mind if there was music and the unrealistic characters? my family is chinese but i don't think it's offensive, and i don't think anyone else would find it offensive either. the things that gave the movie its original charm is gone, so i'm not sure what they're gonna do with it,,?

the new lion king tho? frustrating
i get that it's a classic and they don't wanna make people Mad by tweaking a lot of stuff
but it was just too much like the original for me? like a full-on retelling. pretty much line-for-line. i would've been fine with them throwing in some newer ideas
and also?? give them more expressions
i get wanting to be """realistic""" but it's disney for fuck's sake, like.... yall are known for your heartwarming animations and expressive characters and legendary scenes? the characters in this movie were like, the least relatable/likeable/emotional characters i've ever seen ngl
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 01:19:12 PM by BEATLES »
❪ FLASHING LIGHTS ・゚✧ ❫
SHE / HER — STUDENT — PROBABLY PLAYING ANIMAL CROSSING

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2020, 11:35:46 PM »
you always word things so well i'm
how do you do that

but see i don't know how i feel because i'm not happy when the movie is tweaked a lot, but i'm not happy when the movie isn't tweaked much if at all like with lion king
but even mulan i feel like it's. too much change. if anything i think it's disney just trying to make money off of yet another remake since it's been working for them so far but... i don't know.. i'm not here for the mulan movie which makes me sad since it was one of my favorites to watch

i've finished watching the pocahontas movies and i'm just
not sure how i feel about it
and i look back on it with fond memories
i used to absolutely love it as a kid but the more i watch it now the more i just want to say "yikes" and cringe
like i feel like they tried so hard to water down the real,,, godawful situation of it all
and it's so painfully inaccurate that i can't look at the movie the same
it comes across as lowkey racist and trying to water down a situation that,, shouldn't be watered down i don't even know
the soundtrack has always been one of my favorites though with "colors of the wind" and "just around the river bend" but damn

also this is such a small thing to nitpick about specifically after all the things i've noticed but
why the hell do the people have american accents
why does john smith have an american accent
why does pocahontas have an american accent
like fam the american accent wasn't even a thing then
couldn't disney have applied themselves a little bit better here i don't know
it's dumb that such a small thing like that has me like "oh c'mon now" but
c'mon now

it's a disney movie and i love me some disney. and i love pocahontas as a movie. but now i feel really bad for liking it god help me

Offline Bryne

• Administrator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2020, 01:13:59 PM »
the only dlar that I've seen was the Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland and uhh I liked it rlly coming out w the controversial opinions huh but it's another where I have rlly nice nostalgic memories of watching it w my dad. and I don't think I've seen it since so it's been 7 years but y'know

yeah idr know much abt the new Aladdin. don't think I've heard anything good tho oop

I actually wanted to see the new Mulan until I found out there wasn't gonna be music. or Mushu. or romance. I get they wanna be more accurate to the source material and I can respect that but if you take all the passion out of a project I'm not gonna be passionate about it
I'll just go rewatch the original instead

I think I saw a vid on why the new Lion King being realistic just. doesn't work but I don't remember who made it to link it

yeahhh I don't think I ever. sat down and watched the whole movie but from what I know about it, from a historical/cultural standpoint it's ????
edit: bb why I put in the grimace
oh my god you're right about the accents wtf

dude I just admitted to liking Cars and the Tim Burton Alice. granted those are disliked for different reasons but you get what I'm saying
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 01:16:12 PM by Bryne »

{

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2020, 10:33:57 PM »
bryne omg
our tastes in different movies
completely different i'm crying
but i'm glad you opened up about your soft spot for those movies
i will totally,, never,,, not ever,,, give you shit about it or anything pfft what
ASDFASDF jk jk i love you sm bryne

MY RANT FOR THE DAY
is there anyone on this entire website
or the entire world
whose favorite disney movie
is snow white
i will wait because honestly if it is y'all are worse than bryne for liking tim burton's alice in wonderland and cars (i'm just pulling your leg i stg ASDF)
honestly the only redeemable thing is the name Florian because that name is,,, so gd cute and i will def have to snatch it for a future character
but doing research florian is allegedly between the age of 27-31
and here's my tea
snow white is 14,,,,

yikes
so i can never look at it the same again wtf disney
and i hate that disney makes all these characters way too underage
like i grew up all my life thinking these princesses were adults
nope none of them are even in their 20s wtf

Offline Bryne

• Administrator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2020, 01:13:26 PM »
I recognize that by speaking my truth I might get teased for it

ok so. I think the reason why they made her 14 was they wanted her to be relatable to little girls? that or she was that young in the original fairy tale nvm that girls maybe shOULDN'T be idolizing a 14 year old that ends up w a dude twice her age. dear god no
it's just. big nopes
would it have been so hard to age him down too?

{

Offline Bryne

• Administrator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2020, 12:52:29 AM »
*revives this thread*
I'm dying to know
Tangled or Frozen

{

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2020, 02:51:46 PM »
you know i haven't used this in a hot minute

but it's mainly because i've been binge-watching marvel on disney + anddd,,,,
honestly there isn't much tea about them because most - most - of the marvel movies aren't that bad,, just,, lengthy,,

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2020, 02:52:41 PM »
holy shit bryne how did i not notice your messages

that is a tough question but honestly i can binge watch frozen more than i can binge watch tangled
even though both are,, good
i probably favor frozen because i live for the winter aesthetic

what do you think