Author Topic: [ REBEL RED CARNATION / TRESPASSING ]  (Read 219 times)

Offline DORIAN.

• ❝ KING OF SWORDS ❞
    • View Profile
[ REBEL RED CARNATION / TRESPASSING ]
« on: January 13, 2020, 11:48:29 AM »
☾・* SIPPING ON STRAIGHT CHLORINE, LET THE VIBES SLIDE OVER ME
APATHETIC, INTELLIGENT, SNARKY GRUNT OF THE BADLANDS. PLOTTING THREAD. TAGS. PINTEREST. ——

Was the man trespassing? Yes. Did he care? No, not really.

It was a slow time of day for the Badlands; it was dusk, a short while after the sun had sunk into the dark, watery depths of the sea, and most people were retreating to their homes or into the other buildings to avoid the crisp, cold winter air that settled upon the city at night. Soft were the flickering of candlelights that were visible in a few windows throughout the buildings in town. There were people here, but that was no concern for Dorian.

He was clad in dark clothing, a medium-length trench coat draped over his shoulders along with black boots. There didn't seem to be anything out of place; even his face was free of dirt smudges and his brunette hair combed neatly to the side. Strapped onto his back was a pack full of his belongings, and in his hand was a duffle bag full of survival supplies. Dorian made his way towards the streets, assuming the coast was clear. He hadn't been stopped yet, had he?

The man stopped in his tracks, turning to face his furry companion who was rubbing against his leg. "Hm. Where to first, Tootsie?" His voice was soft, as he was simply speaking to his cat ( who couldn't even understand him ). Sometimes, speaking aloud helped him focus his concentration, and he simply chose to direct the words towards Tootsie so he didn't seem like a loonie. "We could always do with more syringes... vials, too. We're getting a tad low on food as well." So, to the pharmacies and hospital and medical centers, then. After, the grocery stores or perhaps the abandoned houses... if they haven't all been picked clean yet. Maybe there were some gardens growing somewhere?
UH HUH, COME ON, HONEY
LYIN' IN A BED OF BLOOD AND MONEY — TAGS

Offline hal

• > he/they
    • View Profile
Re: [ REBEL RED CARNATION / TRESPASSING ]
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 01:02:32 PM »
Trespassing? What an odd concept! Celestine knows there is no such thing as true private property. Who is a human to claim this divine green earth as their own? Not to mention, they are an unstoppable force; they come and go where they please, and no petty border or chain-link fence will keep them out. People that abide by such foolish laws are just that—why follow the orders of strangers who have no meaning to you?

Which is why Celestine traipses around the city like it belongs to them, stomping in their (unpractical) high-heeled boots, splashing in puddles and making a general mess of themselves. Their current dress is already in desperate need of a wash, so they figured why not get it all out while they can? (Their other dress is a bright white, definitely not made to be stained.)

They falter in their tracks as soon as they hear a low voice, followed by the unmistakable sounds of—a cat! Gasping dramatically, Celestine picks up speed, racing toward the source. They couldn't care less about whatever human may be there, they're only excited by the idea of a new soft, furry friend. They end up nearly smacking straight into Dorian's chest, sputtering, "Get out of the way, there's a cat!"

They crouch down to be eye-level with Tootsie, eyes wide. "Hello there," they coo gently, offering the cat their gloved hand to sniff. "What's your name?"
Hoot gives Hal’s body a hug

Offline love

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 12:32:21 PM »
in another life, maybe she'd be a doctor. as a little girl, nose deep in books, she'd always favored surgery more specifically, cardiothoracics. she'd spent years fantasizing about the power turning back on, spent years wanting nothing more than to turn up to a proper school and prove her worth and be among the first generations of medical students. she'd memorized the name of every goddamn blood vessel, read every medical textbook she could get her hands on. but she grew up, eventually, and eventually reality hit her and settled in. so she left the books behind, learned how to throw a punch.

it left her with a degree of relatively niche medical skills. most of it wasn't relevant, they didn't have the technology for open heart surgery, and she didn't have real hands on training. but over the years, she'd gotten pretty damn good at stitching up people when they needed it, patching up a wound to keep it from infection. she'd even amputated a hand once, though it'd taken quite a while and more than a few sips of liquor to stomach it. still, there wasn't much value in her skills when they couldn't produce proper medications when necessary, and her skills hadn't been of much use when it came to saving ila. so she only helped when needed, and otherwise used her more practical talents to get through the day to day.

she isn't far behind celestine, though her approach is entirely different. if celestine is a storm, small and excited and eager in their approach, love moves like the eye of it. five-ten in the short heels, quiet and calm as the pacific, she glances only passively at the feline celestine has focused on, before letting gray eyes shift to the man beside it.

"someone will inevitably want your name, as well." she said, nodding towards him, hands never moving from the pockets of her coat. "since you're trying to jack our supplies, and all." her features don't indicate whether or not she's joking, blank and dead panned, her entire demeanor cool and impersonal. unlike the figure beside her, she isn't the expressive sort.
WHAT AM I NOW?
what if i'm someone i don't want around?

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 06:55:29 PM »
Boundaries mean nothing if they aren't enforced. You can say that this place is mine, but if someone comes in and ignores what you say, and you do nothing, is it really? If you can't defend your claim, there's no use making it. And regardless of what you might think of "owning" land or anything else, you must always be wary lest the one claiming to be king has the might to back it up.

And here, in the Badlands, Cat was king and they'd back it up if they had to. If they had to. Provided the people that came to the Badlands weren't hostile or suspicious (and sometimes if they were, like the brilliant dumbass they were) they'd be fine with letting them hang around.

Trailing after Celestine and Love, they couldn't help but think they seemed like a strange, rag-tag bunch. Well, that wouldn't be wrong, would it? "Think she means me." They muttered, halting beside the blonde, their gaze fixed on Dorian.

//what is this? I don't entirely know but hi

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 1/7/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Alias is Catalyst
⇥ Will accept Cat or Catalyst from anyone, Scott only from family
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-two ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 01/07/40 ⇥ Returned to the Badlands in rough shape
⇥ 01/02/40 ⇥ Got in a fight with Northstar's leader, Green
⇥ 12/28/39 ⇥ Lost their father in said raid and is grieving
⇥ 12/28/39 ⇥ Co-led a raid on a prison with their father

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. One of the easiest to notice is one that stretches down their right cheek. While not a scar, one very notable marking on their chest is the "BL" brand. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No biological siblings
⇥ Adopted parent of Molly Valentina Darrow-Lupei (Mo)
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Very much taken by Gavril Lupei
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Carries a handgun
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Attack in bold #0d0d0d and tag @/Bryne
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively
⇥ Dislikes almost any sort of touch unless they initiate or agree to it

I HAD THIS FEELING THAT YOU'D BETRAY ME ——————
IF I GAVE TOO MUCH AND YOU TOOK TOO MUCH ——————
there's blood on the leaves / there's blood on the sands I ——————
FEEL HIS GRACE S L O W L Y RUNNING OUT ——————
GIVE ME TRUTH GIVE ME A WAY OUT (I GOT A BONE TO PICK) ——————
SOMEBODY SHOWED YOU ALL OF THE HORRORS YOU WEREN'T BORN WITH IT ——————

Offline DORIAN.

• ❝ KING OF SWORDS ❞
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 07:38:42 PM »
☾・* SIPPING ON STRAIGHT CHLORINE, LET THE VIBES SLIDE OVER ME
APATHETIC & ALOOF HERBALIST OF THE BADLANDS. PLOTTING THREAD. TAGS. PINTEREST. ——

Dorian's attitude towards trespassing was similar to that of Celestine's. The world had been in ruins ever since he was a child, and slowly but surely, all of the borders had faded away from existence. The concept of countries and states was irrelevant. The planet no longer belonged to the governments, the wealthy and the powerful, but to the masses. There were groups and tribes of survivors, who feuded over rights to territories and resources just like in pre-modern civilizations. Everything was a free-for-all as far as Dorian was concerned, and as a human being, he had the right to the earth's offerings and what was left of human settlements.

He had made a point to avoid obvious survivalist settlements because they tended to be a bit harsh — feral, even — about what they thought was "theirs". Admittedly, Dorian wondered what it would like to live in one of these ragtag bands of rogues, but he had never gotten around to head-on approaching one. He didn't want any trouble; he was only looking out for himself. It turned out that he had made a mistake by strutting into this seaside town, however, once he had caught sight of a stranger running towards him. They didn't appear to be attacking, but rather fixating their attention on the black feline instead of him. Dorian, flabbergasted by the sudden appearance of this rando and how they only seemed to care about Tootsie, took a step back. Damn, and he was sure that he would avoid confrontation at this hour. He had thought wrong. Now he had to deal with this person and whoever else came along. The aloof man would snort, "Her name is Tootsie, and I'm sure she would appreciate it if a giant like yourself refrained from rushing over and shoving your hand in her face." He knew how fragile a cat's trust could be, especially that of a stray. She tended to be calm around most humans... if they kept their distance. Humans that were loud and boisterous and crowded her like a petting zoo animal caused her to shy away, and understandably so. Dorian would probably react in the same manner if he were a cat.

Dorian's actions always tended to be careful and agile, like that of a jaguar. He made sure not to express too much of his emotions; you could even say that he was apathetic. Excitement hardly escaped him, happiness could only be seen if you looked deep into his eyes, a teardrop streaming down fair cheek only a private instance that happened once in a blue moon. Nobody deserved to see through to his feelings if he didn't want them to. He wouldn't give them a chance to hold anything against him. So, when Love arrived in stark contrast to Celestine's abrupt introduction, a part of him could appreciate her self-control. She didn't even appear angry or alarmed that there was a stranger in their town, which wasn't the reaction he was expecting from one of these survivalist-types.

Ah, so she had discovered his intentions. They were obvious enough, he supposed; why else would he be sneaking around a town after sunset? The man gave a slight raise of his eyebrows, now turning to face Love. "Ah, you've caught me red-handed. But, I suppose you wanting my name is better than you wanting my head." Maybe they weren't the type to act barbarically, which was a nice change from the scraggly, smelly rogues that raised all types of hell if he set a foot onto their "land".

Someone else had shown up, a masculine who was around his own height. Again, they weren't threatening to chase him off. Interesting. "Dorian Cieszynski." The Brit introduced, a hint of a Polish accent rolling off his tongue. It was very vague, but noticeably distinct from the way he pronounced everything else.

Well, there wasn't many options for Dorian at this point. He could choose to turn around and leave, without any supplies, or he could stay and chit-chat it up with these survivors. Maybe he could end up getting what he wanted, after all. "There's quite a few of you, I see. I'm guessing this is another band of survivors?" Dorian asked, quirking a brow, although his tone suggested that he already knew the answer.
UH HUH, COME ON, HONEY
LYIN' IN A BED OF BLOOD AND MONEY — TAGS

Offline MICHAEL.

• Board Mod
  • @aj / avatar credit to bryne
    • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 08:11:34 PM »
"speech" 'thought' text
tw: alcohol, death, lots of blood, profanity, heavy violence, religion

Mike had been taking a walk, his houses disheveled appearance after his outburst had exhausted him. So he was out looking for trouble, or maybe a new place to move into, as his beach shack was terrible. It had holes in the walls, a smashed window, no door anymore, a chair that had once been in the wall, the legs were still there though.

In all, he needed a change of venue, and that was when he found himself watching a dark clad figure, followed by St. Celestine, whom he found disturbing and maybe a bit sick. However, he was a polite guy, and as long as the person (he assumed they were a person) stayed out of his lane, he would give them space.

Mike frowned slightly as Love then showed up, and then Cat. He stood to the side his arms crossed over his chest, there wasn't much of a reason for him to talk, unless Cat needed him for something, even though, he could easily comply with orders without talking. It was glorious.
MICHAEL FORD
Michael Ford is a 45 year old, man, he's stubbornly loyal to whatever cause he chooses, protective of his family and friends, he's the leader of the Badlands. Michael has issues controlling his anger in most situations. He is a difficult opponent and well trained, feel free to power play nonviolent interactions though.

Offline love

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 09:42:49 PM »
there's something about love's disposition that relates her, in a way, to a stray cat. she has that quiet, aloof sort of nature, reclusive and wary. the only expressions she ever really showered lingered in her eyes, and her body language. but, while felines might warm up to people, love scarcely did. she kept to herself, tip toed around and did her best to scrape by without much going on. dogs, even the skittish sort, were pack creatures; cats tended to be more independent, more picky about their company. precisely like the cool, isolated blonde.

he popped out with a similar sort of brand of humor, and love quirked a brow. "that one might want it." she fired back, tilting her head to motion towards celestine, reminded once more of the small figure's apparent business ventures.

catalyst popped up, michael followed, and like a feline might, she sank into herself. didn't step away, it'd bring attention, however subtly, but her eyes shifted from dorian's face towards his shoulder, avoiding eye contact. entirely aware of the movements around her, but not focusing on anything. her metaphorical claws were sheathed, and though she doubted anything would go down, she felt fairly confident she wouldn't be needed, not in present company. she had a nasty scratch, a hell of a bite, but she wasn't quick to a fight, she wasn't stupid. and, frankly, she didn't need to stain her jeans; she could still get another day's wear out of them, and this wasn't exactly laundry weather.

and yet, at dorians next words, her brow quirked up once more. "yeah, actually." it wasn't her place to speak, but the words fell out before she could really stop herself, voice soft but words loud enough in the quiet street. "i'm on the bass, celestine's drums, cat's on the triangle," gray eyes shifted to michael, then back to dorian, "and that one's a pretty wild groupie, once we get going." it was a joke. she didn't smile or laugh, her tone didn't change, but it was an obvious joke that even the most socially inept would catch.

love did, in fact, have a sense of humor.
WHAT AM I NOW?
what if i'm someone i don't want around?

Offline capt. salem

• all's fair in love and war
  • played by: darky
    • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 12:11:48 PM »
LIES A THOUSAND HORRIFYING MEMORIES | | |
Like an albatross, Salem returned to the same place over and over. The Badlands was his home, whether anybody liked it or not, though he found himself enjoying his private wanderings. He liked traveling, and he trusted travelers; there was something rawer, more human, about them than anyone else.

And usually they were quite upfront about their robberies, which was also nice. Didn't mean he hadn't fired a warning shot at a vagabond with sticky fingers before, but he liked skipping the pleasantries of people pretending to be civil and get straight into the reality of the situation.

Though this was perhaps a thief who was completely caught; like a mouse surrounded by a pack of hungry cats. They didn't need another needle-toothed stray to intimidate him, but they certainly got one. "They have such a unique musical style, you really ought to hear them play," Salem commented, playing off of Love's- joke? Wait, did she just make a joke? Maybe she was more interesting than he'd previously thought.

"So, Door Cieszynski, what brings you to our humble abode? Other than gathering supplies and not noticing the amount of people who're most likely ready to shank you at a moment's notice?" Salem pronounced the man's last name correctly - sue him, he'd had rich parents and met plenty of European people with names difficult for most American-born people to pronounce - but emphasizing the fact he'd called the man Door. After all, Dorian was much more difficult to say and Salem didn't care if he insulted the blatant trespasser.
I feel the unbearable weight, &
I sense the ripping of my shame, &
I hear the sigh of indifference &
(IC Opinions)
TAKING LESSONS FROM THE DELUDED
top dog salem - he/him or they/them
tags in template

Offline 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐭

• 「 p a r i a h 」
    • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 12:30:51 AM »
Humans were pack animals. There were exceptions, of course, but in general they wanted to band together. Frankly, that strategy was much more practical, more things were possible with more hands available. But humans tended to group together with like-minded animals, and anyone that wasn't, especially a group of people with conflicting beliefs, didn't tend to be welcomed.

Borders were smaller, now, spread out from each other, but defended no less fiercely. They were inescapable. Even if humans were wiped out, animals would still have territories that they would kill and die for. It wasn't just human nature. It was nature.

Their lips parted, intent on making a joke about how they were actually zombies and he was going to have to hand over his brain, but Love beat them to it. Well, she went a different direction for her joke, but she cracked one nonetheless. Alright, looks like they played the triangle now. "I'll have you crying with just one note. Try me." They deadpanned, waiting for him to answer the questions laid out by Love and Salem.

Spoiler: IF YOU DONT KNOW NOW YOU KNOW && INFO && 1/7/19 • show
GENERAL   welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life
⇥ Given name is Scott Mathew Darrow ⇥ Alias is Catalyst
⇥ Will accept Cat or Catalyst from anyone, Scott only from family
⇥ Assigned male at birth ⇥ Agender ⇥ They/Them pronouns only
Twenty-two ⇥ Born 11/27/17 ⇥ Sagittarius ⇥ Real time aging
Boss (leader) of the Badlands ⇥ Ex prisoner of the Badlands
⇥ Ex cultist (Mourningstar) ⇥ Ex member of the Young Rogues

RECENT EVENTS   done my time and served my sentence
⇥ 01/07/40 ⇥ Returned to the Badlands in rough shape
⇥ 01/02/40 ⇥ Got in a fight with Northstar's leader, Green
⇥ 12/28/39 ⇥ Lost their father in said raid and is grieving
⇥ 12/28/39 ⇥ Co-led a raid on a prison with their father

APPEARANCE   dress me up and watch me die
⇥ Catalyst is 6'2" tall; they possess a lean and muscular body, one that has a variety of old scars adorning it. One of the easiest to notice is one that stretches down their right cheek. While not a scar, one very notable marking on their chest is the "BL" brand. They have two piercings, one in their tongue and the other in the cartilage of their left ear. They typically dress in dark colors (favoring jackets with some sort of writing on the back), and their hair is black. They're not all dark, however, as they have pale blue eyes that peer out from beneath medium-sized eyebrows.

PERSONALITY   if it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine
⇥ Catalyst is ambitious, with the cunning and ruthlessness to reach their goals by any means necessary. They can be brutal when they feel it is needed, however when it's not they won't bother. They tend to be rather aloof and apathetic to most things and people, with some very rare exceptions. Provided those around them don't cross a few specific lines, they're content to leave them be, though they've been known to take an interest in some people, which seldom has a positive end for whoever their interest is in. They can be manipulative, and will often encourage people to make bad decisions. Those that stick by them will be rewarded, but those that do not will be cast out, as they've been outcast for their entire life and have learned to appreciate loyalty wherever they can find it. Even during the most stressful of situations, they usually keep a firm grip on their temper and keep their calm, though when they do snap and lose their temper, it is uncontrollable. They're remarkably observant, often able to deign much from subtle clues in what people say, how they say it and how they act.

RELATIONS   dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight
⇥ Molly Darrow x Austin Darrow ⇥ No biological siblings
⇥ Adopted parent of Molly Valentina Darrow-Lupei (Mo)
Pansexual/Panromantic ⇥ Very much taken by Gavril Lupei
⇥ Not looking but it happened ⇥ Rarely forms romantic attachment
⇥ Holds most people at arms length and doesn't get close

INTERACTION   i'm taking back the c r o w n
Hard physicallyHard mentally ⇥ Doesn't let their guard down
⇥ Is most comfortable with close ranged-weapons ⇥ Dislikes guns
Brass knuckles ⇥ A variety of knives ⇥ Carries a handgun
⇥ Will kill/capture/maim in certain circumstances
⇥ Will leave things be in others ⇥ Will start & finish fights
⇥ No kill/capture/maim without permission
⇥ Attack in bold #0d0d0d and tag @/Bryne
⇥ Peaceful powerplay allowed but they may react negatively