Author Topic: (sugar) — private  (Read 39 times)

Offline SULTAN

• View Profile
(sugar) — private
« on: March 26, 2020, 01:05:57 PM »
<3
claire loves u!
ANGEL K.

THEY SAY WHAT YOU FEEL AIN'T ALWAYS TRUE ・✧
"oh god, it'll be fine! you were like, so up for this a week ago." her sister groaned, dramatically flopping her arms to her sides after lugging angel's not-so-heavy bag into the trunk. "that is..you are still up for this, right?"
"of course i am! i'm just a little nervous, that's all."
"well, don't be. i don't want you coming back here any time soon."
angel rolled her eyes. "you're not that much of a pleasure to be around, either."
"yeah, whatever. call me when you get there."

--

it took her a while to unwrap from her sister's embrace. the few weeks she had spent with her had been the most at home she had felt in years. it was hard to leave, but she knew she had overstayed her welcome. her sister was going to get married soon, and all the preparations and occasional visits from her fiancée didn't do much to brighten her mood. plus, pearl was going to restart her shifts at the clinic, and she had to be somewhere where it was more accessible.

she arranged for a new apartment in the neighboring city. she could hardly care less of what it looked like, but her sister insisted on her sharing it with a roommate.

it had been a while. the first time didn't go so well ("hot, but a little bit of a bitch", according to a review she heard second-hand), and the second time went a little too well.

a sick feeling gnawed at the pit of her stomach. it would be okay. the new person would like her, they would get along, and once this was over, they would go their separate ways with no issue.

angel spotted the complex but took another round through the block. once she decided to park her car, she lingered for a while longer.

it would be okay.

she began to dig into her pocket for a cigarette but thought better of it. maybe she should paint her nails? no, that could wait until she got inside. fuck, she should have probably brought a gift. why didn't she think of that before?

she squeezed her eyes shut and took a few deep breaths. it would be okay. she was just going to have..a roommate. someone she shared a space with. nothing less, nothing more.

angel took her bag, locked her car, collected her keys at the front desk, and began the ascent up to her room.

she should at least pretend to be excited. she didn't want her roommate thinking she was one of those stone cold, couldn't-be-bothered-to-have-a-personality girls you found every other day.

because she wasn't. and she was excited.. just, unsettled. same difference.

angel got to the room, finding the door ajar. she pushed it open and peered inside.

"uh, hello?"
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 10:47:19 PM by SULTAN »
  [ IT'S YOUR WHITE T-SHIRT! ]  
 info + thread hub + friends

Offline vix

• semi-active.
    • View Profile
Re: (sugar) — private
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 08:15:28 PM »
<3
claire loves u!
KALISA C.

SOMEONE WHO NEVER ASKS FOR LOVE BUT KNOWS HOW TO TAKE IT ・✧
ever since kalisa clark was little, she had an ambition. an ambition that was unable to be shaken by her friends, not even her family. while they wanted their little girl at home, sheltered behind their four walls helping daddy make chicken curry, she had other plans.

they say that women look for their father in a man, but it must've been lost on her. john la rosè, the man who bought her to america, controlled every aspect of her being— she was lucky to have ever gotten that job at the bar, even if it was under the supervision of his weird ass friend— not to mention he had a wife.

and then . . . oh god saint. saint was her savior from a loveless marriage; charmed his way into her heart with his looks and suave. nova belle, he used to call her. she hated to hear it now. kalisa escaped a cage only to be put in a cell; gaslighted. manipulated. abused. even worse, she loved him. when he put his hands on her is when she left. these years wasted seemed to be lost on what she really came here for.

she was broke, though. quit her job at the bar, and is forced to start over. if it wasn't for her therapist taking her in, suggesting she'd get a roommate she'd be fucked to say at the least. she hesitated, but she ultimately decided: what's the harm? still, she arrived days early discreetly fearing the worst— john may be dead , saint locked up but kalisa knew there was such thing as worse. she wouldn't exhibit her fears, though. letting her past shape her wouldn't make her any better than those who threatened to break her.

when she's stressed— she can work hard. by the time angel arrives, the apartment is generally unpacked. when angel arrived kalisa is standing there, foot tapping lightly against the floorboard, eyebrows drawn together in silent ambivalence. she's looking at the chipped walls— so bland, so manilla. "what do you think? does sky blue or yellow say new beginnings?" she asks before turning heel to greet her newcomer. "I swear I've been standing here for like twenty minutes trying to decide. so I'm glad you're here. hi I'm no-" a flash before eyes. she reiterates. "kalisa. you are my. . . roommate?" she cocks her head.
so, i heard the world doesn't revolve around me /:
Hoot loves your aesthetics

Offline SULTAN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 01:09:31 AM »
<3
claire loves u!
ANGEL K.

angel noticed her slip of tongue and tried to ignore it. "mhmm." she nodded, gnawing on the inside of her cheek. this girl seemed around her age. "i..uh," she rolled back on her heels and nodded again. why wasn't she saying anything?! "i'm angel. it's nice to meet you." she smiled and made sure it reached her eyes.

kalisa seemed nice. it was going to be okay.

"and i would say sky blue." yellow was her favorite color, and she wanted to keep it that way. if she ever returned to this apartment in a sour mood, she would grow to hate it in no time. she supposed she could look at it another way, where yellow would comfort her if she was feeling down, but she doubted it would work for long.

and sky blue wasn't a terrible color. it didn't remind her of anyone.

"you've done..a lot." angel remarked, scanning the room. was kalisa usually this proactive? she needed someone like that around. the other people she lived with used to drive her insane with how generally listless they were (it was also hard to admit that "general listlessness" was something that could rub off). "it looks nice!" she turned to her and widened her waning smile. should she help her out? "i'll put my stuff down and help you out."

her and her big fat mouth.

angel walked over to one of the rooms behind them and threw in her bag without looking. she muttered something under her breath, leaned back against a wall for a couple seconds, then made her way back to her new roommate.

"so, anything you want me to do?"

Offline vix

• semi-active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 04:49:26 PM »
<3
claire loves u!
KALISA C.

SOMEONE WHO NEVER ASKS FOR LOVE BUT KNOWS HOW TO TAKE IT ・✧
angel. that was a cute name, kalisa noted. not only was angel around her age, kalisa noted, but her name matched her looks— angelic. cherubic. cute. if kalisa were to judge a book by its cover, angel was good. angel needed someone good in her life; she wasn't sure she could take another bad. "you, too."

sky blue. kalisa turned to survey the wall again before nodding, approving of angel's choice. "i thought so, too." google search has told her the color blue held sembelance to many meanings, including calm and stable. when she came home after a long day, she wanted to settle into that feeling.

she isn't sure on whether or not they're even allowed to paint in an apartment they're renting. but she'd bring that up to angel later.

"yeah," kalisa muttered sheepishly, taking in her surroundings. "it's a superlative distractor." there is many things people would want to be distracted from, kalisa decided. as long as angel didn't raise questions, there was no harm in admitting it; maybe angel could put it together. she, too, seemed a tad apprehensive. maybe they both needed something to break the ice. what was better than a few errands?

as angel heads into her room, kalisa walked over the the kitchen countertop to retrieve her keys. by the time that angel's returned, she's slipping into her multicolored vans. "up for running a going a place or two?" she asks. "i actually don't have paint; kinda made the decision last minute."
so, i heard the world doesn't revolve around me /:
Hoot loves your aesthetics

Offline SULTAN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 01:25:55 PM »
<3
claire loves u!
ANGEL K.

angel ran her hands through her hair as she registered her request. how did she get this idea in the first place? were they even allowed to paint this apartment? "hah, no worries. and uh..." she rubbed the back of her neck, taking another quick glance around the room.

it wouldn't hurt.  she could pick up some stuff for herself, and kalisa and her could talk a little more. angel knew absolutely nothing about her, and even if they never ended up being friends, having a new..acquaintance would be nice.

her hands clenched into fists in her pockets. she figured she could venture that far.

"sounds good. i'll go get my..oh, they're right here." she pulled her keys out of her trench with a sheepish grin. "c'mon!"

she couldn't remember the last time she had been this nervous. she was the one who would start conversations or put forth new ideas. she was her friend group's token extrovert, in addition to being the cocky, bitchy, and loud one. she wasn't sure if the latter applied to kalisa (it probably didn't), but the way angel was anything but herself made her feel downright pathetic. she knew a lot had changed in a year, but experiencing a situation like this first-hand was..something else. 

she had to say something. they already made the descent down the stairs and into her car without a word.

"so, um, where do you work?" that was a little.. "sorry. i intern at the clinic down the street, so i was wondering if you were close by." she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, suddenly extremely focused on the road.