Author Topic: ❝ send the tide ― open . ❞  (Read 176 times)

Offline GREEN.

• Board Mod
    • View Profile
❝ send the tide ― open . ❞
« on: May 19, 2020, 03:56:44 PM »
A sigh passed Green’s lips, beads of sweat trickling down his temples every once in a while as he basked in the heat of the afternoon. The sun glared down on him, the light bobbing of the moored sailboat he sat on allowing for a restful break before he would eventually return to maintaining the boat. It was something which looked like hard work but, in fact, something which was more like a hobby to him. The water rocking the boat up and down was like a comfort to him, and maintaining the integrity of the boats felt like second-nature to a man who’d been doing this for most of his life.

He stretched his arms out, gaze squinting slightly as he looked out across the harbor, before he adjusted his baseball cap and leaned down to continue working. Picking up sandpaper, he continued to sand the teak decking. Only after removing the previous coat of peeling varnish could he finally reapply a fresh, smoother coat. After he was finished here, this sailboat was going to look as good as new. Almost. Sort of. Well, Green hoped that he'd do a good job at it.

Spoiler: tags : updated 04/28 • show
basics.
✫ vernon jeremiah green // only known as green or greenie
✫ he doesn't introduce himself as vernon
✫ male // he/him
✫ twenty five // ages real time // born twenty first april
✫ leader of northstar district
✫ stepped up as leader - twentieth april 2039

appearance.
faceclaim - taron egerton
voice claim - taron egerton
✫ family originally comes from llanfairpwllgwyngyll in wales
✫ has a mixed accent with a welsh and american twang
✫ 5'10ft // lean yet well-built from working out
✫ soft blue eyes and dirty blonde hair
✫ physical health - 100%
    ¬ current injuries: N/A
✫ mental health - 65%
    ¬ he's currently recovering after a long term traumatic incident where he was being abused.

personality.
✫ fundamentally he has a good heart // humble
✫ very assertive // does what he can to benefit northstar
✫ has a good set of morals // cares for people unconditionally
✫ very relaxed and composed with self-assurance and confidence
✫ incredibly complacent and laid back unless he's fighting for his cause
✫ massive daredevil // is very into extreme sports
✫ fearless, stupidly so // would stand up to just about anybody
✫ generally easy to get on with, it's difficult to dislike him
✫ doesn't think into the future // only thinks about the present
✫ dependable and very loyal to his friends

relationships.
✫ david green x cassandra griffiths // both are deceased
✫ only child // his biological father died before he was born
✫ green was orphaned when he was nine
✫ fostered by caroline and steve miles
✫ both his foster parents died when green was eleven
✫ his chihuahua and pug, midas and ginnie, are basically his children
✫ doesn't really label his sexuality // comfortable with who he is
✫ formerly dated fallon rude
✫ formerly dated paige montgomery
✫ formerly had a brief fling with winifred maddison
✫ currently in a relationship with mickey serge
✫ has a daughter named felicity montgomery

interaction.
bio // playlist // pinterest
✫ physically: medium // mentally: medium
✫ he has a bow and arrow, but tends to use it for recreation
✫ much prefers to run away // is exceptional at parkour
✫ very diplomatic and much prefers mediation rather than fighting
✫ dislikes confrontation yet will fight if need be // not a fan of close-ranged attacks
✫ foster parents taught him self-defense
✫ living on the streets turned him into a good fighter
Z I G Z A G, BABY LET ME TAKE A DRAG
RAISE A GLASS & PLANT OUR FLAG  ¬  BIOPLAYLISTPINTEREST

Offline mickey

• he/him
    • View Profile
Re: ❝ send the tide ― open . ❞
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 04:41:06 PM »

mick sometimes didn't know what else to do except wander. and with northstar, it seemed like there was always something to observe. eyes wandered over towards the harbor, gazing towards the man seated in a moored boat at the dock. mickey knew very little about boats, and genuinely nothing about what it took to properly maintain one. although, with someone who seemed this enamored with the maintenance of it all, it seemed like nobody in northstar would have to find out. not with green there at least. mick waited a moment before taking the chance to stroll over towards the man and his boat.

he crossed his arms as he stopped nearby. “hey,” he greeted shortly, gesturing towards the boat absently, “how’s the work going?” he didn’t know if offering to help would make the job easier or more difficult; he wasn’t particularly good at this kind of job. he took in the man’s features for a moment; the concentrated stare, the subtle beads of sweat from the hot sun, his baseball cap shielding his eyes from the sun. “you’ve been working real hard on it. want to take a break for a few minutes?” how often did mick go and ask for attention from someone else?
OH AND I'LL TRY TO CONVINCE MYSELF I'M WORTH IT
I'VE KILLED EVERYTHING BUT MY SHAME  - - -

Offline GREEN.

• Board Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 05:11:17 PM »
Perhaps a part of Green felt content with the thought of getting to live like his foster father once did. With Steve’s baseball cap on, vest top loose over his torso as he crouched over and worked hard maintaining the boats, he felt as if he honored his foster dad in doing so. Steve taught him so much about the passion that Green adored today, it felt foolish not to take it all in his stride - he hoped that Steve would’ve been proud.

But, as Mick wandered over, Green couldn’t help but lower his supplies and gaze over towards his partner with a small smile of greeting lingering on his lips. Hey. ❞ He greeted in return, leaning back ever-so-slightly and resting his hands on his hips. ❝ Oh, it’s going great. I think I’ll be totally done with this boat by tomorrow. ❞ He dusted away some of the gathering dust from where he’d been sanding the teak. With Mick’s question, Green would be stupid to turn down his offer. ❝ With you? Duh. ❞ He hummed lightheartedly before beginning to slide out of the boat, landing solidly on both feet.

Briefly, he removed his baseball cap in order to swat aside a bead of sweat before he returned his hat back onto his head. ❝ Sorry, I’m… so hot right now, honestly. I’m gonna need a longer break, I think. You busy right now? ❞ He huffed before daring to lean forwards to peck a kiss on Mick’s lips. ❝ How’s your day been? ❞ He sung lightly. It was easy for Green to be put in such a great mood upon seeing Mick. Who could blame him?

basics.
✫ male // he/him

appearance.
✫ physical health - 100%
✫ mental health - 65%
    ¬ he's currently recovering after a long term traumatic incident where he was being abused.

personality.

relationships.
✫ fostered by caroline and steve murray
✫ has a daughter named felicity green

interaction.
✫ dislikes confrontation yet will fight if need be // not a fan of close-ranged attacks

Offline mickey

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 04:44:28 PM »

mick didn’t take long at all to agree to a break. as he hummed a lighthearted agreement, mick huffed a short breath and shook his head. he observed as green slid out of the boat, taking off his cap to wipe away a bead of sweat from his work out in the sun. he noted then that green was quick to take a break- and probably not completely because he wanted to spend it all with mick. the sun made the upkeep a hard day’s work.

he shook his head, looking towards the boat briefly. “i’m free.” he was sure he could always try and make room for the other man, even if his days weren’t always as open as they were today. green leaned forward to peck a kiss on his lips, mick humming shortly. oh, green was too good to him. he really was. “it’s been good. i’ve been out of the sun for most of it, so.” the medic didn’t exactly take every opportunity he could to soak up the sun, did he? a glance at his pale skin would surely make that noticeable for anyone. “we could go out on the boat when you’re done with it.” quite the suggestion coming from someone who wasn’t the biggest fan of boat rides.

“let’s go in the shade somewhere.” not a bad suggestion before green ended up staying out in the sun too long. taking a few steps back, he took the moment to gently tip green’s baseball cap up a bit before turning to walk alongside him. “have i ever told you that you look good in a baseball cap?” a playful remark, said with lighthearted ease. who wouldn't take the time to compliment this man any chance they got?

Offline GREEN.

• Board Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 06:46:17 AM »
❝ I’m free. ❞ Green’s lips curled into a closed lip smile, clearly glad that he would be able to spend time with Mickey for a while. It often felt like the evenings were never enough. No amount of time spent with Mickey was ever enough and, as he listened to how Mick’s day was, Green was slow to acknowledge that - hey - it was the first time he’d ever truly pined after someone. ❝ Oh, have you really? ❞ He was up to no good, grabbing onto Mick’s hand to point out the difference in their tans - or lack thereof. ❝ I never would have guessed. ❞ He teased lightheartedly before lowering his hand again and glancing over his shoulder at the boat.

❝ That sounds nice. ❞ He agreed as he glanced back, a proud smile slowly finding itself on his features. It was undeniable just how much effort Green had put in these boats; it just felt nice knowing that his work wouldn’t have been for nothing.

With Mickey’s suggestion, Green responded with nothing more than a short nod of the head. A shaded area would be nice at that moment. Anything to help him cool down. He huffed with joy as Mick tipped his cap up a little before the pair began to walk, Green looking up at him at his compliment. ❝ Mm… Once or twice. ❞ He kidded lightly before nudging him gently with his shoulder. Thanks... It was my foster dad’s. ❞ He was nostalgic as he explained; continuing, ❝ He used to wear it when he was working on his boat. It's cool, right? Getting to put it to good use. ❞

basics.
✫ male // he/him

appearance.
✫ physical health - 100%
✫ mental health - 65%

personality.

relationships.
✫ fostered by caroline and steve murray
✫ has a daughter named felicity green

interaction.

Offline mickey

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 10:28:55 AM »

as green grabbed onto his hand, pointing out the stark different in their tans, mick tried to muster up the most unimpressed look he could manage. “aren’t you observant,” he returned the sarcasm dryly, light amusement poking through his voice as he dropped his arm back to his side. noticeably more at ease around green, content in his company. mickey was used to staying so heavily guarded around others, and it wasn’t something that happened immediately, but slowly and surely, those walls felt like they were starting to crumble just at the sight of vernon.

eyes followed the familiar features of green’s face, watched as a proud smile slowly worked its way across his features. mick couldn’t help the way his lips twitched, soft eyes taking in the happiness green had when he looked back at the boat. even if mick wasn’t the biggest fan of boats, wouldn’t he still do anything to see that look on vern’s face again? that look made just about anything feel worth it at the end of the day.

as they walked alongside each other in search of shade, mick looked over as green nudged him with his shoulder at the compliment. his foster dad’s cap? he hummed thoughtfully. he understood the sentiment of a parent’s belongings, how much it meant to hold onto old trinkets and knick-knacks. having something of theirs was like having a piece of them. “i bet he’d be glad to know you still have his passion for boats,” he hummed, sparing a sidelong glance towards green as he added, brushing his shoulder against his, and that you’re so good at it too, v.” 

finding some shade under an abandoned warehouse, he leaned against the building. he looked out at the seat thoughtfully, sucking in a short breath before he opened his mouth to speak. “my dad,” he started. shifting his weight, his gaze downturned, he hummed, “used to have this pocket watch. some kind of family heirloom, passed down for a few generations...” he shrugged. “i never got the sentiment of it when i was younger, though. i just wanted one because he had one, too. eventually i asked about it enough and he got me one of my own.” he looked back over towards green, nostalgic look in his gaze. shaking his head, he looked out across the water.

“it was broken, and busted; didn’t even tell the time, but…” shrugging dismissively, he huffed a gentle breath. why was he even rambling about such a small thing to green? taking green’s hand, he intertwined their fingers with practiced ease. maybe he didn’t want green to miss out on all of the little details about his life, even while he could be reluctant to share them from time to time. the walls were crumbling. and, even if every ounce of cold brick and stone weren't completely fallen, it didn’t scare him to see green standing on the other side. “i don’t know," he dismissed quietly, "i really liked it.” he looked around absently for a few moments before he quietly added, “i couldn’t tell you where it is now, though. probably still back at my old house.”

Offline GREEN.

• Board Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 04:08:14 PM »
Mick had turned up just in the nick of time. Although he was undoubtedly a hard worker, Green knew that he ought to give himself a break at some point. It would be useless if he overexerted himself to the point of heat stroke, but nothing seemed to inspire him to step away from his work until he saw Mickey. Any opportunity to spend time with his boyfriend would be taken without a doubt. After all, Mick made Green happy - why wouldn’t he wish to relish in that moment of joy?

As they wandered down the street in search of some shade, Green felt a sort of pride getting to ramble on about the sentiment of his baseball cap. Mick was always a good listener, willing to sit and allow the talkative Green to go on and on without growing frustrated. In fact, Mick made the rambling rewarding by responding with nothing but praise and kindness. Mick’s words were enough for an exuberant grin to sprawl across Green’s lips, eyes flitting up to look at him. ❝ You think so? ❞ He looked down at his hands, dirtied from his work on the boat before allowing them to fall back down to his sides. ❝ I really hope he’s proud of me. It has me thinking - right - about what he’d say if he was alive now. ❞

Green paused for a moment, thoughtfully, before shrugging, ❝ I guess if he was still around then life would’ve been really different for me. I probably wouldn’t have been here if he was still around. I’d probably be in Maine as some… fisherman or something. God, I can’t fish for shit. ❞ He huffed with laughter, settling down beneath some shade next to Mickey before he grew quiet. ❝ My dad, ❞ Mickey began, Green glancing over as he listened to him talk, quietly observing the way he turned his gaze to look downwards.

Mick wasn’t the type to ever really share much about his past, so when he did Green was sure to hang onto every last word he said. He trusted Green with his past, his childhood; something which Green would forever be grateful for. Lips twitched with encouragement when Mick glanced over towards him for a moment; that look of nostalgia in his eyes was hard to miss, even for a man as unobservant as Vernon. As their hands gently intertwined together, Green rested lightly against Mick’s side as he then turned his gaze to look out at the sea, listening intently to each word as if he lived vicariously through Mick’s memories.

❝ I couldn’t tell you where it is now, though. ❞ Green narrowed his eyes in thought, pausing before glancing back to Mick. ❝ Isn’t it amazing how the small things in life can mean so much? ❞ He chose to respond, growing quiet for a second before he tipped his head to the side to rest his cheek on Mickey’s shoulder. ❝ What was your old house like? ❞ He paused, then adding, ❝ This is the one in… Connecticut, right? ❞

Spoiler: tags ― updated 06/13. • show
BASICSI'LL EAT UP ALL YOUR PAIN
&. ❝ vernon jeremiah green ❞ | green, greenie, vern, v .
&. 25 years old . | twenty first april ; taurus | male [he/him] .
&. currently the guardian of northstar district .

PERSONALITYTAKE IN ALL THE BLAME
&.  bright . brave . considerate . courageous . dedicated . empowering . expressive . generous . honest . hard-working . kind hearted . loving . loyal . optimist . reliable . self-confident . supportive . trustworthy . vibrant . compulsive . defiant . foolish . gullible . hyperactive . oversensitive . rebellious . stubborn .

APPEARANCEBE THAT SOMEONE TO COMPLAIN TO
&.  five foot ten & one hundred and seventy one pounds ; reference .
↳ dirty blond hair , relatively grown out crew cut .
↳ lean and muscular frame , somewhat bronzed skin from the sun .
↳ soft blue/grey eyes , an often bright and amicable expression .
&.  welsh descent , parents were both from llanfairpwllgwyngyll in wales .

FAMILYTHERE'S A LIGHTHOUSE IN THE DARK
&. david green x cassandra griffiths | both deceased .
↳ david died in an aviation accident two months before green was born .
↳ cassandra died of breast cancer when green was eight .
&. fostered by steve and caroline murray until he was eleven .
↳ carol was the innocent victim of a shootout .
↳ only a month later, steve went into cardiac arrest and died .
&. father to felicity green .
&. owns a chihuahua , midas , and a pug , virginia

RELATIONSHIPSA GARDEN IN THE PAST
&. pansexual, panromantic ; mongamous .
&. currently in a relationship with mickey serge
↳ friendship evolved into romance after he saved green’s life .
&. ex-lover to winifred maddison
↳ nowadays they are best friends .
&. ex-boyfriend to fallon rude
↳ ended their relationship to keep her safe .
&. ex-boyfriend to paige montgomery
↳ is the father to paige's daughter , felicity .

INTERACTIONSUNDER BRUISINGS OF A NIGHT SKY
&.  [ 7/10 ] physically  |  [ 8/10 ] psychologically .
↳ difficulty w/ guns [ medium ] | difficulty w/ melees [ difficult ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ medium ]
&. skilled in archery and parkour .
&. his mentor , gus , taught him self-defence .
&. @truce. | dm for any major plots .
&. friendly or nonviolent actions may be powerplayed .