Author Topic: the golden afternoon // open  (Read 59 times)

Offline paisley

• paisley mccoy
  • ic opinions | @noccy
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
the golden afternoon // open
« on: July 09, 2020, 10:30:20 PM »
She was a simple girl...in ways. She loved flowers, loved twisting and weaving them into flower crowns that she was always too shy and quiet to give to anyone. A pile of flowers piled in the skirt of her black sundress, a small pile of already made flower crowns neatly made next to her. She had always wanted to braid some into her hair, but she was too zoned into making the crowns. She had a flower behind one ear and one of the first crowns she made sat neatly on her head as she continued to take flowers from her lap and weave into the crown.

Pais didn't mind company in such a state, though she made sure that they didn't crush her flower crowns or that the flowers in her lap didn't go flying away. She could hear the break of grass coming up behind her, she turned around to look and offered an odd smile "Hi, um, want one?" she offered, holding a flower crown out as she spoke.

Offline roman.

• he/him
    • View Profile
Re: the golden afternoon // open
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 10:26:08 PM »

roman wouldn't be so quick to go out and say that he was simple. on even his best days, he found most of his actions or feelings to be highly unpredictable or unfounded. most other days he felt convinced that it was best to not show what he felt at all, a plain slate of a man with little to show in regards to emotion. still, that didn’t keep him from trying to get to know most of the people around bluestem. that had to have been why he found himself wandering over towards paisley, hands shoved in his pockets.

he slowed to a stop as paisley looked over his shoulder at him, smiling. he blinked. “hi, um, want one?” he slowly looked towards the flower crown held out. any other situation, he probably would have never taken her up on that offer. though he was caught off guard, practically taking the flower crown from her hand before even realizing he had in the first place. “uh, sure. thanks.” he looked at the flower crown in his hands, ultimately deciding to simply hold it rather than place it on his head.

again, roman could sometimes catch himself off guard. he shifted, gaze wandering back towards paisley. “do you make these often?”

I REMEMBER WHEN I USED TO FEEL
it was beautiful .

Offline paisley

• paisley mccoy
  • ic opinions | @noccy
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 01:24:53 AM »
She seemed more happy than she thought she would by such a simple thing of someone accepting her flower crown. But she was, she was glad he didn't turn it away whether he wore it or not she didn't care, she was just glad he took it. When she finished the crown she was working on, she added it to the pile and started again. She looked to Roman when he asked if she made them often, simply shaking her head no.

"No, I don't usually find as many wildflowers as I managed to this time." She explained with a shrug "I can try to teach you if you want? I learned when I was little but I can't forget how" her voice was soft and quiet, shrugging her shoulders as she, of course, didn't think it shocking at all that she remembered something clearly from so long ago. She couldn't forget it, obviously, but nobody knew that.

Offline FRANKLIN.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 04:58:53 AM »
#d69342
Frank was rough around the edges in many ways, scarred from his past and shaped by a life where there was no beauty to appreciate. Despite an aloof and snarky front, he had a good heart, one in which he cared more about the people around him than he would ever care to admit. In his family, he was the nice guy. Probably the closest the family line would ever get to normality.

He was kind to Paisley; he knew firsthand that the kindest, most unassuming people were the ones who would always be overlooked. In that way, he and Paisley were very much the same. When he noticed his husband stood with Paisley, Frank didn’t take long to wander over, arms folded comfortably across his chest. ❝ What’s all this? ❞ He asked, glancing down at the flower crown in Roman’s hand before taking it from him. ❝ Is it a necklace? A crown? ❞ He turned the crown around to take a good look before placing it on his head. ❝ How do I look? ❞
I CAN'T HELP MYSELF THE MOMENT THAT I LET IT GO
IS WHEN I FIND I'M IN CONTROL, I'M IN CONTROL.

Offline roman.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 10:38:48 PM »

eyeing the flower crown, he listened absently as she spoke about how she learned when she was little. dissimilar as the two of them were, roman could at least relate to that. there were some things he had learned as a kid that he couldn’t forget now, almost as if it was something he had always done. while pickpocketing, conning and thievery weren’t exactly natural to most others, it came as easy as breathing to roman sometimes - even while he tried to deviate from a rather questionable past.

“i don’t know if i’d be able to do it,” he assumed, gaze flitting over towards frank as the man plucked the flower crown from his hands. “it’s a flower crown,” he answered, though frank seemed quick to catch on. with the wildflowers atop his head, rome barely managed to fight back the amused air of laughter. “it suits you. princess.” the remark to his husband came with a brief flick to the crown, tipping it back on the man’s head.

I REMEMBER WHEN I USED TO FEEL
it was beautiful .