Author Topic: i have a dream . * open  (Read 69 times)

Offline annalise d.

• bluestem.
    • View Profile
i have a dream . * open
« on: August 31, 2020, 02:29:36 PM »
sat in a swinging bench, leaned against the armrest. she pulled her knees up so she could use her legs as a sort of desk so she could write without issue in her journal. the journal itself was a tan, leather-back with pristine, white lined paper inside; on the first page, in neat cursive was her name and a little doodle of a flower. annalise had only recently picked up the habit of writing, but the journal itself was given to her years ago by her mother before annalise had set off on her own. it wasn't until she had left northstar and ended things with green did she actually start writing in it, but that part of her life could wait.

for now, the woman's brain was itching to write down the event which had taken place not too long ago, probably a few days or a week ago. when he arrived, stirring up quite a bit of chatter among the group. but it wasn't the hushed gossip that drew her to him, instead it was the feeling of familiarity she got when she first laid eyes on him. it was weird. there was no explanation for it, either, as she had not once ever seen the man before in her life. ❛ cassidy, ❜ his name rang in her head like a comforting melody.

anna's eyebrows furrowed and she began to write her thoughts across the page, slowly becoming a stranger to the real world and fully putting her focus into the words on the page.. until she stopped suddenly, snapping back and realizing just exactly she was doing. this was stupid, she thought to herself, frowning to herself and she abruptly shut her journal and sitting it down in front of her feet. she hugged her knees to her chest and glared down at it, softly ridiculing herself beneath her breath. this was just borderline creepy, right? thinking so strongly about someone who didn't even spare you a glance.
YOU CAN HEAR ME WHEN I SAY SOFTLY, SLOWLY,
hold me closer, tiny dancer.
ANNALISE DARLING TWENTY PINTEREST TAGS

Offline CASSIDY

• View Profile
Re: i have a dream . * open
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 12:12:22 PM »
#b39b7b
Ever since his arrival in the quaint town of Graveyard, Cassidy had found himself thrust into a life that he could never have prepared to return to. Every morning waking up and finding himself having to communicate with his father, a man who had barely been a dad to him, whilst having to try to bridge that gaping space between him and Jamie... There was a great deal of responsibility that Cassidy had placed upon himself, almost too much for a man so young to manage.

But, sometimes he could be granted a moment of peace in his days of stress, even if it were for a brief conversation or something as little as a smile. Today, he’d find his peace as he stopped in his tracks, gaze curious at a familiar figure resting comfortably on a swinging bench. The girl that he’d laid his eyes upon in the crowd at his explosive arrival. Was his frustration a bad first impression? He certainly hoped not - after all, there was something about the girl’s gentle nature which drew him in. Lulling him like a fond memory, Cassidy could look to her and feel a sense of nostalgia, even before he barely even knew as much as her name. And so, wandering over, Cassidy stopped nearby Annalise, looking somewhat hesitant in his actions. As if he ought to handle her delicately.

❝ Uh… Hey. ❞ Cassidy shifted his weight carefully, hesitant smile twitching at his lips. He lowered his head, gesturing dismissively. Then, a huff of laughter. ❝ Sorry… Didn’t mean to intrude. I just… Did I see you when I first arrived? ❞ Of course she was. In all the chaos and confusion, her watching him from the crowd felt like peace within the eye of a storm. ❝ In the crowd, I think... I don’t know. I just thought I should come over to say hey. ❞ Eyes lowered to the book that she held, thinking very little of it at the time. Gesturing towards it, he asked, ❝ Are you a writer? ❞ She seemed like the type with many stories to tell and, with every observation, Cassidy was quick to realise how badly he wished to learn more about her.
I DON'T NEED ANYONE TELLING ME THINGS ARE ALRIGHT
WHEN I GOT MY OWN EYESBIO . PLAYLIST . PINTEREST .

Offline annalise d.

• bluestem.
    • View Profile
Re: i have a dream . * open
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 10:59:51 PM »
she had no doubt that somebody would come up to her, though she never thought it would be the man, who she wrote so admirably about just moments ago, who would approach her. she could not avoid him for long, the two were bound to run into one another as if by some higher deity's orders.. annalise's body tensed at first upon being swallowed whole by the man's large shadow, but when she looked up to see who it was she felt a warm sensation in her chest; a flutter in her stomach, cheeks warming and turning a soft shade of rosy pink. his voice was much sweeter now and each word overwhelmed her senses. ❝ yeah.. ❞ was all she could respond with, her voice light and airy.

her dream-like daze shattered when he inquired about the book in her lap. eyes went wide and she quickly shifted to sit correctly in the bench and tucked the book behind her. ❝ uh.. um, well, not really.. it's silly, really, but it's like a diary i suppose, ❞ the woman responded sheepishly, not sure how she would be able to explain the journal's contents if he were to ask what was inside of them. " oh yeah don't mind me, i'm just writing about you even though i know nothing about you! haha! "

with no other idea in mind, she quickly changed the subject, ❝ annalise- er, that's my name. my name's annalise darling. ❞ she hopped up from her seat and held her hand out for him to shake, trying to hide her panicked flush with a sweet smile. he was tall.. extremely tall; she had to crane her neck up to even meet his gaze. despite the extreme height difference she wasn't afraid. ❝ you're.. cassidy, right?
YOU CAN HEAR ME WHEN I SAY SOFTLY, SLOWLY,
hold me closer, tiny dancer.
ANNALISE DARLING TWENTY PINTEREST TAGS