Author Topic: to be alone is a strange thing - joining, o.  (Read 28 times)

Offline ESMERAY

• Grandchild of Eternity's Despair
    • View Profile
to be alone is a strange thing - joining, o.
« on: November 16, 2020, 05:50:49 AM »
The deepening twilight was just about as innocent at nature could be, with all things quietly rustling in their homes. They would cuddle up with their families, with their nesting, and with their food tucked in their bellies. But, Esmeray thought with a soft smile, staring up at the trees beside her as an owl cooed across the distant fields; it was also a time of immense danger, where mothers lost their children, and children lost their way. Esmeray took a deep breath in through her nose, closing her eyes against the refreshing breeze. Sometimes she could see herself in an owl, however perhaps it was more because she often felt like the lone watcher of the world. She had been traveling with her sibling for so long, her sibling which was as loud as an owl might be. That being not at all. 

Now, aware that she was alone again, it was a heavy burden. Her sibling was not harmed nor injured, but one might say recovering emotionally elsewhere in the world. A distant shelter housed her twin, but Esmeray had to find her own way if she was ever going to go back to her sister and care for her. So, she found her way out here. A calling to her, this agricultural playing field. She wanted to be here. Though she couldn't farm, nor grow any sort of plant at all really, maybe she would learn to do so. She wished only to be taught by someone willing to teach, so one day she could leave again and care for her sister in only the way her gut could tell her to do. Like it was fate, her calling.

Esmeray opened her eyes again, her smile fading out of her cheeks. She didn't want to walk on peoples territories, that was very rude. She'd found out a long time ago that they usually took it with hostility, or defensiveness. That was a hard lesson to learn. Instead she waited by that owl's tree, humming a soft song to herself. Perhaps making some noise would bring a person to her so she could talk to them. At every silhouette in the distance and every movement in the bushes she called out a soft "Hello?" At each flicker of light in the fields or sound which may similarly call to a humans, she hoped her voice would reach them. "I would like to speak with someone here..."

Offline BROCK.

• Board Mod
    • View Profile
Re: to be alone is a strange thing - joining, o.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 12:17:55 PM »
In the darkness of the evening, final patrols were out on their rounds across the territory before clocking out for the night when Brock was alerted to a newcomer on the outskirts of the town. It wasn’t often that he’d find himself on horseback at this time of the evening — the night time reserved for a trip to the saloon or a chance to kick his feet up at his farmhouse — but he’d been riding alongside his eldest son, Cassidy, for a talk when they noticed the patrols approaching a stationary woman. Brock glanced over to Cassidy, and Cassidy looked back with a raised brow, before the two of them wordlessly hacked on over towards the young woman.

❝ Good evening, Miss. ❞ Brock hummed suavely as he halted his horse, dark eyes peering down at the woman with mild confusion. ❝ What brings you here, especially at this time of the night? Are you not cold? ❞ Cassidy hopped off of his horse, standing nearby before pointing out, ❝ There’s a town just up ahead. We can get you some food, some water… shelter, too. The wind can get pretty chilly out here in the night time, so I really wouldn't recommend staying out here without a place to stay. ❞ He cracked a gentle smile, hesitating before adding, ❝ I’m Cassidy, by the way. And… This is my dad, Brock. He’s the Chief around here. ❞

Spoiler: tags ― updated 06/10. • show
BASICSBUT I'M GONNA WIN , I'M GONNA TRY
&. ❝ brock van den bergh ❞ | male [he/him] .
&. 48 years old . | third january ; capricorn .
&. currently the chief of bluestem prairie .

PERSONALITYI'LL NEVER LOSE , I'LL NEVER DIE
&.   ambitious . dedicated . friendly . intelligent . knowledgeable . leading . nurturing . optimist . patient . resourceful . self-confident . arrogant . boastful . changeable . cowardly . deceitful . dishonest . greedy . irresponsible . materialistic . ruthless . selfish . stubborn . vague . vengeful

APPEARANCEI'LL NEVER GIVE UP , TIL I'M BLOODY AND BRUISED
&.  six foot & one hundred and seventy eight pounds ; reference .
↳ jet black hair which tends to be slicked back neatly , graying features .
↳ graceful yet solidly built frame , fair complexion with faint wrinkles .
↳ dark brown eyes , thick and bushy brows , a notably toothy grin .

FAMILYTIL I'VE BROKEN MY BONES
&. horatio van den bergh x tanya van den bergh | both deceased .
&. two sisters , one older and one younger .
↳ marijke van den bergh , 51 , whereabouts unknown .
↳ sterre van den bergh , 46 , whereabouts unknown .
&. father to cassidy and james van den bergh .

RELATIONSHIPSTIL I WON'T BE ABUSED
&. heterosexual, heteroromantic ; mongamous | widowed .
&. former husband to alexandra scott
↳ she was killed by a bullet meant for brock .
&. his horse , prospector , is his pride and joy .

INTERACTIONSTIL I'M LAUGHING ALONE
&.  [ 8/10 ] physically  |  [ 8/10 ] psychologically .
↳ difficulty w/ guns [ difficult ] | difficulty w/ melees [ difficult ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ difficult ]
&. @truce. | dm for any major plots .
&. friendly or nonviolent actions may be powerplayed .
&. bio , playlist , pinterest
TAKES HIS CLEAVER , CUTS YOUR THROAT
A COLD-HEARTED KILLER IN A DARK BLACK COAT .