Author Topic: MORNING SUN - open, delivering treats!  (Read 82 times)

Offline roselynn

• View Profile
MORNING SUN - open, delivering treats!
« on: April 07, 2021, 06:47:26 PM »
It was a fine spring day, the birds were chirping and the sun was shining. Roselynn had gotten up early, as always, to take care of the livestock of the ranch and tend to her garden. Her strawberries had begun to ripen, so he had plucked them from their stems and gathered them into a basket. She headed down to the General Store, where she picked up a fresh batch of eggs, some flour, and milk. Today was going to be the day she baked treats for the members of Bluestem.

Just because many of the members of Bluestem were a bit...tough...didn't mean they wouldn't enjoy some fresh baked goods, right? That's exactly what Rose was thinking. She knew that treats tended to make people happy, and what better to bring the members of the group together than some fresh pastries and other goodies?

And so she got started. The smell of baked goods wafted from Rosie's home. She hummed and sang as she baked, preparing each treat with love. She made all kinds of things- strawberry shortcake, croissants, sugar cookies, honey cake, and more. She made a care package for each member of the group, and gathered them all in her basket. She would be delivering the packages on her afternoon stroll. She really hoped everyone would enjoy eating them as much as she enjoyed making them!

Rosie set off on her walk, making her way through the ghost town in search of other residents to bring them their gifts with a cheerful smile on her face.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 07:26:26 PM by roselynn »
I MISS YOU
EVERY TIME I CLOSE MY EYES
✩‧₊˚

Offline david benson.

• HANDS PROTECT THE FLAMES
  • he / him | 35 | autistic
    • View Profile
Re: MORNING SUN - open, delivering treats!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 09:08:01 PM »
it is empty achilles, so end it all now
it's a pointless resistance for you

David did not have the best smell sometimes, but the scent of the baked goods could hit his nose strongly. His mouth watered and he poked his head out of his door, trying to pinpoint where the smell was. Behind him, his daughter looked up from her book she was reading, asking him what he was looking outside for.

"There's a smell," David hummed, stepping back and closing the door most of the way. "It smells nice."

"Unless you mean cow shit, it don't smell no different." She huffed and pulled back to her book.

"Roxanne, watch your language." David turned a stern glance towards his daughter, brows pinched.

She rolled her eyes and pulled her knees closer, flipping the page of her book before hesitating. "Wait, it does smell nice." She stood up, placing a piece of paper she was using as a bookmark in between the pages and closing the book.

David opened the door again and stepped out onto the porch, deciding to sit down on the chair he had found. He crossed his legs and leaned back in the chair, using the foot on the porch to rock the chair. Roxanne closed the door behind her, sitting on the step. She glanced up and down the road a few times, almost as if waiting for an ice cream truck.

David saw Roselynn walking down with a basket, noticing the smell coming from her. He sat up and leaned against the porch railing, trying to decide if he should call out to her or stay. Roxanne stood up and waved to Roselynn, greeting her as she passed. With her dad at her side, Roxanne felt safe to greet people. She turned to her dad and smiled wide, David's attention being caught by that beaming smile and he smiled back and stood up, having to duck his head to avoid hitting it against the porch ceiling.

He headed down the steps, the wood creaking under his weight as he passed by, ready to break if blown at, but holding on. Even as Roxanne's heavy boots she stumbled into before heading down the steps refused to break down the rotting wood. David greeted Roselynn, slowing down as he came towards her, hoping he didn't look intimidating. Roxanne stood behind him, folding her arm under his and playing with her hands.

"Hi there," he stuck his hand out, then hesitated and relaxed his hands when he noticed how tense they looked. "I'm David, this is my daughter, Roxanne. I- I noticed the basket. Thought you'd like help. If you wanted." He offered, brows pinching upwards as he tried to soften his expression.

Roxanne waved from behind David.

achilles, achilles, just put down the bottle
don't listen to what you've consumed

Spoiler: //tags -- updated ;; 08/01/21 • show

general
> david benson ;; n/a
> male ;; he/him
> 35 years ;; ages real time ;; may 15th
> bluestem prairie

physical
> physical health ;; 85%
> minor injuries ;; a few scrapes
> major injuries ;; n/a
> important things to note ;; david has a bad skin condition that causes his body to break out into mass acne ; his face, shoulders, and back get the worst of it ; has burn scars on his arms

appearance
> long, brown hair ; pale brown eyes ; rather large with a strongman physique ; 7'6" ; just over 400 lbs
> no body modifications
> wears anything loose ; big, white shirt that's stained with dirt and sweat ; sweatpants that are also stained with dirt
> no carried items
> important things to note ;; his wisdom teeth have all grown in in clumps ; he has no back teeth

personality
> very friendly ; hesitant around strangers ; difficult to gain his trust ; general sweetheart ; likes to compliment people ; very protective of his daughter ; very self-less and usually lets people eat before he does ; awkward with forced interactions ; prefers to be the one to start conversations ; very laid back
> anxiety ; autism ; separation anxiety
> eyebrows twitch a lot

relationships
> margaret benson x charles benson ;; parents - alive
> mary-anne (mary) benson ;; sister - alive
> lavania masters ;; girlfriend - deceased
      > passed in a house break-in
> roxanne benson ;; daugher - alive
> demisexual ; panromantic
> no crushes

interaction/confrontation
> medium mentally | easy physically
> non-violent power play allowed
> will not attack/kill/maim/capture without asking the author
> do not kill/maim/capture without asking me (timothy)
> if you want to attack, use this colour (red) and underline it

misc importance
> "this is him talking." ;; his speech is in bold
> this is him thinking ;; thoughts are in italics

credit @ kenneth
your teeth are as sharp
as the mouth of a gun
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★ member of bluestem prairie / bio + pinterest / pm timothy to plot

Offline roselynn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 07:33:02 PM »
As Roselynn walked through the neighborhood, she heard voices only a few feet away. She turned and saw a large man and a young woman. She had seen them before in passing. Roxanne and David, she believed their names to be.

She saw Roxanne's wave and smiled back at her, waving back. When the two of them made their way over to her, she got excited. Maybe she could make some new friends!

"Hello there! Beautiful day, isn't it? How are you?" Rosie asked them with a warm grin. When David spoke, she nodded slowly. "Ah, I was delivering treats to everyone! I have some for both of you as well, I hope you like them," she said softly before reaching into the basket. She pulled out two bags, filled with cookies, tea cakes, and other goodies. She reached out to offer them to her groupmates.

"I'm Roselynn. But you guys can call me Rosie! It's nice to meet you two," she chirped.
I MISS YOU
✩‧₊˚

Offline jerome.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 08:38:04 PM »

j didn’t consider himself much of a baker. growing up, he never necessarily needed to know how to cook or bake for himself. there was always alice there, ready to prepare whatever he could possibly desire if he so much as asked. being on his own made it harder to learn those sorts of things, especially when people didn’t think a hard-to-come-by resource for food was a good opportunity for some trial and error. he knew enough about cooking to get by, though he had to admit that fluffy pastries and other goods were commodities from his childhood that he missed dearly.

the faint smell of baked goods wafting through the town had been enough for him to wander curiously out towards some of the main roads, hands in his pockets as he absently looked around. when he saw david and roxanne, as well as one of the newer faces around town holding baskets, he hesitated before he decided to make his way over.

"...i was delivering treats to everyone!” he barely managed to catch the tail-end of their conversation, observing from a short distance away as she handed out treats towards the others. roselynn. he attempted to put the name to memory before he finally got closer, a warm smile making its way to his lips as he asked kindly, “roselynn, was it? what sort of treats did you make?”

Spoiler: tags ― updated 01/11. • show
BASICSI'M STILL FINDING OUT WHO I AM
‣  ❝ jerome hemingway ❞ | j | male [he/him] .
32 years old . | january 11th; capricorn.
‣  currently a member of bluestem prairie

PERSONALITY EVERY TIME IT'S MY FAULT SOMEHOW
‣ genuine . humble . kind . reassuring . loyal . polite . put-together . charming . down to earth . amiable . appreciative . caring . colorful . honest . considerate . cooperative . curious . cultured . tidy . uncomplaining . understanding . warm .
↳ fond of drawing, reading, writing, piano, and photography
↳ owns a polaroid camera . frequently uses it .
↳ starting to exhibit signs of depression

APPEARANCENOW I KNOW WHY YOU DON'T TRUST ME NOW
five foot nine & one hundred and fifty five pounds ; reference .
↳ blonde hair kept short and neat
↳ average build - a little on the slimmer side
↳ baby blue eyes , warm smiles and gentle eyes

FAMILYI'VE BEEN STITCHING UP MY MIND
‣  donald hemingway x beatrice hemingway | deceased
‣ only child
‣ considers his best friend, eben viljoen, the last family he's got left

RELATIONSHIPSFROM THE TRICKS AND THE EASY LOVE
‣  bisexual ; monogamous | never been in a relationship before
‣ crushing on elinor rose
↳ thinks the absolute best of her; most likely will never make a move

INTERACTIONSDON'T YOU TREAD ON ME
‣   [ 9/10 ] physically  |  [ 6/10 ] psychologically .
↳ difficulty w/ guns [ very easy ] | difficulty w/ melees [ very easy ] | difficulty w/ hand-to-hand [ very easy ]
@elysian. | dm for any major plots .
‣  friendly or nonviolent actions may be powerplayed .
HOW COULD I KNOW WHAT YOU DON'T SHOW?
surely you've had enough of always thinking you're right. . .

Offline roselynn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 08:32:05 PM »
A new figure approached, someone Rosie had seen in passing but had never actually interacted with. His appearance and demeanor reminded her of one of her best friends growing up, Daniel, who had been very influential during her childhood, and had taught her the importance of kindness. She wondered how her old friend was doing now. Nevermind that, though. There were pastries to pass out!

"Good morning! How are you today?" she chirped, a wide smile appearing on her gentle features. She brought her basket up and gestured for him to grab a bag out of it. "Yes, my name is Roselynn. It's nice to meet you. And what is your name?" she asked softly. "I made lots of goodies! There are lots of different cookies, mini strawberry shortcakes, croissants, and taffy! If these things don't sound appeasing, I can always go make a specialty batch!" she told him with a wide smile.

I MISS YOU
✩‧₊˚

Offline david benson.

• HANDS PROTECT THE FLAMES
  • he / him | 35 | autistic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 12:20:55 PM »
it is empty achilles, so end it all now
it's a pointless resistance for you

David's face lit up when she mentioned treats for the two of them, and he couldn't help the curious peer he made into the basket when she opened it. Roxanne smiled and let go of David, grabbing the bag for her and thanking Roselynn. David did the same, cupping his hands and letting the bag be set in between the large palms. He looked into the bag, attention now on the treats. Roxanne chuckled.

"We're doing great, thank you. And, ah, thanks for the treats." She turned her smile onto Roselynn and held her bag close to her chest. "Nice to meet you, Rosie. Oh, these smell delicious."

David took a cookie out of the bag and chomped on it, looking up to Roselynn and humming in response, letting her know that he did, indeed, enjoy them. He noticed Jerome out of the corner of his eye and he turned to face him, waving a massive hand above his head, casting a rather long shadow that he was sure would have reached for miles if it could. Roxanne ducked behind David upon seeing Jerome and came around to his other side, studying the other with curiosity and weariness.

It was not that she didn't trust Jerome, of course. She knew he was safe, but she still had her reasons. She waved to Jerome as he made his way over, and while he and Roselynn talked, got into her own bag. They were very good, she had to admit, brows raising in surprise at the flavour that hit her tongue. David put his bag in his pants pocket so he wouldn't eat all the treats right away, and Roxanne followed suit with putting her treats into her jacket pocket.

achilles, achilles, just put down the bottle
don't listen to what you've consumed

Spoiler: //tags -- updated ;; 08/01/21 • show

general
> david benson ;; n/a
> male ;; he/him
> 35 years ;; ages real time ;; may 15th
> bluestem prairie

physical
> physical health ;; 85%
> minor injuries ;; a few scrapes
> major injuries ;; n/a
> important things to note ;; david has a bad skin condition that causes his body to break out into mass acne ; his face, shoulders, and back get the worst of it ; has burn scars on his arms

appearance
> long, brown hair ; pale brown eyes ; rather large with a strongman physique ; 7'6" ; just over 400 lbs
> no body modifications
> wears anything loose ; big, white shirt that's stained with dirt and sweat ; sweatpants that are also stained with dirt
> no carried items
> important things to note ;; his wisdom teeth have all grown in in clumps ; he has no back teeth

personality
> very friendly ; hesitant around strangers ; difficult to gain his trust ; general sweetheart ; likes to compliment people ; very protective of his daughter ; very self-less and usually lets people eat before he does ; awkward with forced interactions ; prefers to be the one to start conversations ; very laid back
> anxiety ; autism ; separation anxiety
> eyebrows twitch a lot

relationships
> margaret benson x charles benson ;; parents - alive
> mary-anne (mary) benson ;; sister - alive
> lavania masters ;; girlfriend - deceased
      > passed in a house break-in
> roxanne benson ;; daugher - alive
> demisexual ; panromantic
> no crushes

interaction/confrontation
> medium mentally | easy physically
> non-violent power play allowed
> will not attack/kill/maim/capture without asking the author
> do not kill/maim/capture without asking me (timothy)
> if you want to attack, use this colour (red) and underline it

misc importance
> "this is him talking." ;; his speech is in bold
> this is him thinking ;; thoughts are in italics

credit @ kenneth
your teeth are as sharp
as the mouth of a gun
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
★ member of bluestem prairie / bio + pinterest / pm timothy to plot