Author Topic: what's been going on?  (Read 312 times)

Offline helianthus

• [ bb's plantchild ]
  • [ vid / inactive ]
    • View Profile
what's been going on?
« on: June 08, 2017, 12:22:20 AM »
for the past three days i havent been able to access the dite unless i waited until past midnight. whats going on? will this be fixed any time soon?

inglenook#6454 | female & bisexual | trying to come back

Offline demonaut

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
Re: what's been going on?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 12:24:17 AM »
As the header says,

"6/08: the site downtime was due to bots attacking the site and our host repeatedly cutting off our resources. we lost posts in the time, and i can't express how upset i am about this. we're transferring to a new host as soon as possible and already have candidates who will treat us much more fairly and transparently! donations will be opening soon so that we can ensure this as well. if you have any questions, please feel free to pm me. i'm so terribly sorry. we're going to fix this issue asap."
Gone 4/12/18 (never coming back lol) ~ kiss my conservative ass

Offline helianthus

• [ bb's plantchild ]
  • [ vid / inactive ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 12:25:45 AM »
didnt see that whoops. thanks!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 12:44:14 AM by videnda »

Offline demonaut

• A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 12:27:35 AM »
no problem! c:
Gone 4/12/18 (never coming back lol) ~ kiss my conservative ass

Offline Cubs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 01:09:24 AM »
to get technical, if anyone wants to know, our current site host has a history of being a kind of trap site and says they offer so and so but have hidden little limits in their tos. the main issue going on here is the fact that our database is over their limit because we have a lot of key files for our forum, and they actually just mentioned once we already were on their plan that they're not any good at hosting forums. that's why the database keeps having to be backed up and posts and such are lost bc it goes over their limit. there's also the major issue of a sudden flood of malicious spam bots that have about 9k hits to our site in terms of executions, which also has a very very tight limit that we go over.

unfortunately the best we can do is try to manually block these major bots and cross our fingers that we don't go down again until we find a new site host. we have one in mind and we have decided which plan works for us, we're just now setting up a paypal for those who'd like to donate to help support the new host on top of our staff members who have stepped up to pay themselves.

we're working on this, and we hope we can get this settled soon! i'm terribly sorry, i know how frustrating this can be, and frankly am really upset about this all.
down by home, i've seen this road before. i don't know if your soul can pay the toll. no crushing, no houses send flowers. syre cried a floral river into the valley where the sun set for hours. ⋆

Offline helianthus

• [ bb's plantchild ]
  • [ vid / inactive ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 01:18:57 AM »
hmm i see. that sucks, im really sorry that happened, ive heard about the limits on siteground and i hope everything works out for the site...