Author Topic: SHE'S THE TEAR IN MY HEART / p. bonbon  (Read 477 times)

Offline tink

• ( its / it )
    • View Profile
SHE'S THE TEAR IN MY HEART / p. bonbon
« on: January 29, 2017, 02:02:13 PM »
a
a
a
belle angelique dubois
he studied the sciences, i studied literature and modern languages – it was a match made in heaven! or something. i wasn't a firm believer in love at first sight, although i did tend to be a bit of a romantic (my dormroom was stuffed to the brim with fairytales, since i was always a sucker for a happy ending), but since i'd met orion, i'd been pretty damn certain that he was going to mean something to me. he'd first seen me, stumbling across campus with a coffee in one hand and about three books held in my other, balanced under my chin so they didn't fall from my arms. shoulder bag slung over my arm, almost bursting with heavy textbooks gathered from the library, hand–knit scarf wrapped firmly around my neck, that sort of thing. the very picture of... something. not innocence, exactly. but i always looked a little dazed and distracted, my head up in the clouds, thinking about some story or other. i couldn't help it! i loved to read so much that it preoccupied my every waking thought, and even when i was asleep, i dreamed about books. almost pathetic, really.

but that was how i met orion. i walked clean into him, dropped all my books and my coffee, which exploded on the ground in front of both of us. i jumped neatly back, so none of the coffee ended up on my suede boots, but orion wasn't so lucky, and he wound up with the bottom of his jeans soaked with coffee. i ended up apologising profusely (does one do anything profusely other than apologise? sweat, perhaps, but that's not a very nice image) and insisting that i pay to get his trousers cleaned at the campus laundromat, and he insisted that he buy me a new cup of coffee, and we got talking about lots of things. he played the drums – i had gone through a brief phase of interest in playing the piano, but i became far too preoccupied with actually reading the music to play it – and some sport or the other, hockey or lacrosse or something, and he couldn't read. i'd had to run off to a lecture, but i'd vowed to myself that i'd try to teach him, since books were such an integral part of my life.

which was how i came to be outside orion's dorm room at eight thirty in the evening, various books in my shoulder bag, and a cinnamon sugar pretzel for each of us in a small, paper bag, squashed at the bottom of my bag. they'd taste fine, though. orion had said that his roommate would be out for the evening – party, maybe? i wasn't a huge clubber, preferring to stay in and study or read or binge–watch various romantic tv shows on netflix, but i could appreciate the aesthetic of it all, you know? all that human interaction was very sweet – so we'd have the place to ourselves. someone of more worldly experience than i might have interpreted the situation as having some 'sexual' undertones, but i just took it as an opportunity to teach orion how to read, and in the process, go over all my favourite childhood books.

i raised my hand to knock on the door, but it flew open, as if orion had been expecting me. i glanced down at my watch, surprised to see that i was on time. i wasn't compulsively late for things, but i did have a habit of getting caught up and losing track of the time.
"hello!" i said, smiling sweetly. "i've brought us cinnamon pretzels and all my harry potter books! i thought briefly about some james joyce, but thought that might be a tad extreme to start!" laughing lightly, i stepped into the room and continued to speak as i fished through my bag, searching for the pretzels. "joyce was so unimaginably pretentious; he had this stream–of–consciousness style that he pretended to everyone he developed, even though woolf – virginia, that is, not leonard, he's such a bore – had been doing it for years before him!"

triumphantly and with a laugh of victory, i drew the crumpled paper bag from the bottom of my bag, and held it out, smiling brightly.
"they might be a little squashed. probably ought to have put them in after all the heavy books, but ah well! can't be helped." i took out one of the pretzels, which had twisted itself into a strange and intricate shape, and held the bag out to orion, shaking it slightly to insist he take one. "we'll start with the philosopher's stone. great stories, absolute classics. where can we sit?" i glanced about the dorm room as if a comfortable couch and table might materialise out of thin air, wishing for the hundred and fifty first time that furniture could be a living thing and leap to attention upon command. oh well.
you say what you need to say, and you play who you need to play.

youre gory edgy
tinks a qt
Quote from: felix
tink: aesthetic tea and succulents with a side of pentagrams and gore
as part of bearbones, you have been vored

Offline bons

• harry styles worshipping satan, probably 2016
    • View Profile
Re: SHE'S THE TEAR IN MY HEART / p. bonbon
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 03:40:14 PM »
TRACK

Offline bons

• harry styles worshipping satan, probably 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 05:41:15 PM »
a
a
a
ORION MARVOLO BLACKWATER
maybe he should lock the door. not go to class for a week. aha, he knew! simply move schools! god, why was he stressing out over this girl? all he did was run into her; she was about a foot and a half shorter than him, and he wasn't really paying attention, so one thing came after the other and, well, his pants were douced in hot coffee. it was a good thing he was too nervous about the presence of a girl to feel the scolding burning sensation running down his leg. he promised to get her a new cup of coffee, right after she promised to pay for his new laundromat visit.

now, usually, he would immediately become an asshole and push her away and walk off, but even if he tried, he couldn't hurt her. it was like she was too sweet that even he, the most bitter person in this whole universe, wouldn't dare upset her. so he allowed himself to walk her to the cafeteria, where they got coffee and he actually genuinely enjoyed their conversation. when she told him her name, belle, it was like he couldn't get it out of his mind. belle dubois.

and now he was here, putting out a joint and exhaling the smoke, and batting it away from his face as he opened his dorm door. he looked down at the girl: books were on the verge of splitting her bag by the seems. he counted almost fifteen, shoved in a big big. he immediately offered help, and took the bag with ease from her straining arms, resting it on his countertop. he was nervous, all right. i mean, he could sort of read. it just took him a minute per word. and since his last relationship he hadn't rarely talked willingly to a girl. or guy, for that matter. he didn't really talk to anyone. it was actually refreshing to talk to belle. turning to see a bag with the bold blue words Aunt Anne's printed into the waxy paper, he took the pretzel from her with a small smile. he thought it was cute when she spoke really fast.

after she settled in, orion took a seat across from her, mocha eyes watching her animatedly organize the books beside herself, pulling out the first one. it's cover was colorful, but the white letters looked a lot like 'HRRYA POTTER NAD HTE COSRCERS STNOE'. he swallowed, leaning forward slightly as she began to read, her voice changing to match the text. he realized that this was the first time reading seemed fun, and took a bite from the cinnamon pretzel with delight.

Offline tink

• ( its / it )
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 11:38:56 AM »
a
a
a
belle angelique dubois
i hadn't read the harry potter books in years, and reading them aloud was bringing back dozens of childhood memories – curled up in front of the huge aga in the kitchen of the dubois ancestral home, or sitting in the library late at night with a torch, or being sick in bed as my maman read to me, rain pounding against the windows. i was enjoying it so much that i didn't notice the time, and it was just as i was well into the seventh chapter that i noticed the clock on the wall.
"oh my goodness! we've been here for two and a half hours!" laughing, i closed the book and turned to look at orion, who seemed to shake himself out of whatever trance my voice had put him in. i'd always thought i should do audiobooks, or be a teacher – i loved reading stuff out loud. "time sure does fly when you're having fun, huh?"

smiling, i stood up, sliding the book back into my back and looking over at orion. it was the first time i'd really looked at him since that day where i'd spilled my coffee all over him. he was tall, maybe six two or six three, towering above me by around a foot at most and ten inches at least. blue hair and strong eyebrows and a perpetual look of potential anger about him, like he might have been about to punch a wall. but there was something soft about his face, in the golden light from the lamp in the dorm and the darkness outside. an almost puppy–like quality to him, really.
"well, i should probably get going. i'll come see you tomorrow, around the same time." smiling at him, i tucked my hair behind my ears, and stood up.

making my way over to the door of the dormroom, i pulled my coat on and fixed my scarf, and then opened the door. the second i did, a gust of icy wind nearly knocked me backwards, and only a moment later, sheets of rain hit me, hard, soaking my entire body. with all the force i could muster, what with the shock of being doused in icy water and freezing cold, i swung the door closed and turned back to look at orion, my eyes wide.
"w–wow!" i stammered, trying to sound cheerful despite the fact my teeth were chattering like mice. "s–sure is stormy out there!" i glanced around, looking for an umbrella, but something told me that i'd never be able to make it back to my dorm in this weather, with or without an umbrella. swallowing, i looked back towards orion, and smiled slightly pathetically.

"slumber party, i guess?" my voice was joking, but i was actually really hoping that orion would let me stay over, even as i stood there beside his front door, dripping water all over the doormat, gazing at him with wide eyes. and maybe take a shower. and maybe put on some clothes that weren't soaking wet. it was a little helpless, but hopefully i could appeal to orion's sweet side.
you say what you need to say, and you play who you need to play.

youre gory edgy
tinks a qt
Quote from: felix
tink: aesthetic tea and succulents with a side of pentagrams and gore
as part of bearbones, you have been vored