Author Topic: you look a little tired | O ; unpacking + infirmary donations  (Read 249 times)

Offline Torrin Latimer

• Tiny aspiring medic and wanderer
  • @ARCTURUS.
    • Demiboy, He/Him
    • View Profile
TORRIN LATIMER
THINK I’LL DYE MY HAIR AND I’LL MOVE TO ALASKA!
space
He had not returned to the Lodge empty-handed. Torrin wasn’t about that, really. No; the man was very much aware that any and all medical supplies would be deeply appreciated, so he’d brought back as many as he could get his hands on. He had finally moved all the boxes in, and was standing near the door staring at the row of hooks on the wall for hanging various things.

You see, it made sense that people would start using his hook. He had been gone for a very long time. But somehow, it had thrown a wrench in his entire plan. He just stood there holding his coat with a contemplative expression for a moment before whining and throwing it back on. If he couldn’t hang it up, he might as well just keep wearing it. There was no matter that other hooks were available; torrin considered himself to be extremely superstitious and bad things would happen if he didn’t use that hook.

Shaking his head, torrin turned to the various bags stuffed full of bandages, medications, needles and whatnot. Time to start putting things away— it might take a little while.
space
MALE. FLINTLOCK. MEDIUM. ½ Graytor. REF. BIO
#psychosocial.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 11:11:36 AM by Torrin Latimer »
s
TORRIN is a MALE HUMAN with HE/HIM pronouns. he is currently a medic of the FLINTLOCK LODGE and is 18 years old. he is physically MEDIUM and mentally HARD. attack in BOLD #FFB347. played by ARCTURUS..

Offline WILLIAM.

• View Profile
Re: you look a little tired | O ; unpacking + infirmary donations
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 07:20:47 AM »
After the war, medical supplies had dwindled excessively, William had noticed when he’d stroll up and down the makeshift ❛ emergency room ❜ in the canteen. All these people going out and getting themselves hurt, William could almost scoff at the lack of experience compared to his expertise. Understandably, he’d put aside the hypocrisy of that statement since a man like him could never be wrong.

He too had been injured in the war, though.

Nothing serious nor life threatening, but a pain in the ass (or calf) bullet graze across his lower leg. It didn’t look pretty and didn’t feel too good, either, but William would take it over an actual gunshot wound any day. To avoid the incessant friction of wound against his trouser leg, William so frequently plucked some ointment and a roll of bandages in order to nurse his own wound, even if it was to the detriment of others who were in grave need of those very supplies. But — as he could carefully justify — they were down for the count whilst he was still up and about, keeping the damn lodge safe from harm. So who was in more dire need of those supplies, huh?

Once the canteen had eventually been cleared up of casualties, the infirmary would be where William would go to pick up a couple of supplies for himself. But, today, he stopped in his tracks at the sight of the new guy stocking up the rather barren room. ❝ Aw, you’re a saint. ❞ He exclaimed with a nonchalant huff, his fine Irish brogue soft as he spoke.

Somewhat hobbling as he wandered further in, William helped himself as he began to scratch through all the boxes out of curiosity, barely acknowledging the fact that these simply weren't his boxes to go through. ❝ Are you a doctor? You arrived at the perfect time in that case; more than enough casualties to get you by, then. Really, a couple 'a' sorry states around here but you can't deny the injuries are pretty cool to look at. ❞
TAKE A HUMAN HEART , ADD SOME VANITY , AUTHENTICITY
AND PUT THEM ALL TOGETHER . DO WHATEVER TO YOUR BROKEN MACHINE .

Offline Torrin Latimer

• @ARCTURUS.
    • Demiboy, He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 09:39:46 PM »
TORRIN LATIMER
space
Torrin was small, timid, and frantic as it was. but he was also taken by surprise, by a lodger he’d never met before. which... until his absence, hadn’t been commonplace. he had been a social butterfly and busybody— it was how he’d befriended his boyfriend. he yelped, spinning around to watch the man’s lips a little out better.

”I... am a doctor, yes. torrin, a field medic. I started training under... Blaise.” his ex-boyfriend’s name left a bitter taste in his mouth, but he carried on. ”About... Five years ago. I’m a trauma surgeon.” He flashed a wolfish grin. ”So... yeah. super lucky, actually. the tiny raven-haired seemed to know just where everything went, and it certainly accentuated his familiarity with the infirmary he was in.

”And yeah. I’ve a better bedside manner than to say that to someone’s face though. Not unless they were the kind of person who actually liked that shit.” The boy nudged a cabinet open with one foot, tucking several rolls of ace bandages and locking it. It seemed like an odd thing to lock up, but but the man seemed confident with his decision.

”Cause y’know, for some people, it’s actually a distraction from the pain. the weirdness of it? but you gotta be careful with that.” He paused to catch his breath, coughing a little bit, before he glanced at the man himself. ”Have you been looked after recently?”
space
#psychosocial.
s
TORRIN is a MALE HUMAN with HE/HIM pronouns. he is currently a medic of the FLINTLOCK LODGE and is 18 years old. he is physically MEDIUM and mentally HARD. attack in BOLD #FFB347. played by ARCTURUS..

Offline WILLIAM.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 05:43:07 AM »
Whilst Torrin could seem timid by nature, William was nearly almost always eerily cool and collected. As if most things rarely fazed him at all (oftentimes, that was the truth. If it didn’t personally affect him, then why should it at all matter?) around these parts particularly. William stood unmoving as Torrin whipped around to face him. Did he give him a fright? William sometimes had that effect on people.

William listened halfheartedly to Torrin’s backstory; if it were anyone else, they’d be able to appreciate the passion and the industrious work he must have put many hours into to train to be a medic of this caliber, but William seldom appreciated any successes in people’s lives. He barely appreciated his own alleged successes. Take his daughter, Rosie, for example; upon meeting her after her birth, William felt nothing at all. No love or sentiment. Hell, could he say he loved her even now, eight months on?

It was unlikely.

Eyes followed the way Torrin began to pack bandages away in a cabinet. Good, he’d just made William’s job one hell of a lot easier. ❝ Yeah, fair enough. I can’t imagine many people would be interested to hear the way their leg is falling off or the way a bullet had pierced an artery, ‘ey? ❞ William was the same way as well when he was injured. His injury was barely serious, and yet his temper rose every time anyone asked to look at it.

His smug features faltered ever-so-slightly the moment he saw Torrin locking up the cabinet, brows bunching before he questioned swiftly, ❝ Locking up medical supplies… What, you think someone’s gonna steal them? ❞ He covered up his disappointment with a mellow chuckle, as if he weren’t gravely serious in his enquiry. Shit, how the hell was he supposed to take supplies for himself then? Shifting in one spot, William observed the key in Torrin’s hand briefly before looking back up to the medic’s face. Remind William to steal the key off of this kid one day.

Has he been looked after recently? Well, he was doing just fine until the infirmary was placed under new management. ❝ Yeah, yeah, nothing wrong with me anyways. ❞ He lied through his teeth casually, adding a shrug for good measure. ❝ So tell me… How do you organise all of this anyways? ❞ 
TAKE A HUMAN HEART , ADD SOME VANITY , AUTHENTICITY
AND PUT THEM ALL TOGETHER . DO WHATEVER TO YOUR BROKEN MACHINE .

Offline Torrin Latimer

• @ARCTURUS.
    • Demiboy, He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 07:56:08 AM »
you look a little tired | O ; unpacking

TORRIN LATIMER
space
Torrin rolled his tongue between his teeth, intent on his tasks and on William’s voice. He looked back, sighing at the expression of clear distaste at his decision. ”Look. If i can stop one kid from hurting themself, i’d like to. i get that it’s inconvenient as hell and all, but it’s not like i can’t throw you a key. i don’t give a shit about anyone’s access, i just need to know some kids not runnin off and hunting while usin’ them for reasons they’re not made for.” He replied vaguely— and a bit defensively? he tugged sharply on the front of his shirt before crossing his arms.

”How do I organize.... How everyone’s always organized things, haven’t I? or do you mean the amount of shit i’ve got?” He glanced at the small handful of bags. ”I gathered and hoarded. anything i could get my hands on during the trip here. this is my home, i want to contribute. i knew there would be people who were hurt. i wanted to help them.”

// this iss,,, so bad i’m sorry
space
#psychosocial.
s