Author Topic: puppet loosely strung — meeting [ 05/22 ]  (Read 338 times)

Offline TEDDY.

  • Board Mod
  • Posts: 130
    • View Profile
puppet loosely strung — meeting [ 05/22 ]
« on: May 22, 2021, 10:05:02 AM »
Today’s meeting was different.

As powerful as Teddy could appear when he stood on the stage in the casino, this time there appeared to be a crack in his armour. A space between where he stood apart from Micah and Juliette. He folded his arms across his chest as he began his wordless search, peering around the growing crowd to find where Giovanni sat at one of the tables, a smirk of pride lingering on his lips whilst he drummed fingertips on the table. Teddy pulled his head back slightly, clearing his throat before looking down at someone in the crowd, then starting a casual conversation with his ever-so-alluring charm and falseness.

Look, Papa — Teddy was adored now.

After several minutes, Teddy ended his short conversation with a laugh and a short crinkle of his nose before lifting his head to see that the room was nearly full. Teddy hummed to himself in thought before lazily gesturing his pointer finger towards the door, ❝ Make sure nobody’s out dere wasting our time. Meetings about’a start. ❞
✧・゚: I'VE BEEN IN LIKE A THOUSAND TIMES, DATED EVERY WOMAN IN THE ATMOSPHERE. I'VE BEEN TO EVERY CONTINENT, BROKEN ALL THE HEARTS IN EVERY HEMISPHERE, AND IF I'M NOT THE TYPE OF GUY YOU LIKE TO CIRCUMVENT, JUST REMEMBER NOT TO LOVE ME WHEN I DISAPPEAR. I GRADUATED AT THE TOP, I LIKE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE BOURGEOISIE . . .

Offline Salem

  • Posts: 202
    • View Profile
Re: puppet loosely strung — meeting [ 05/22 ]
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 04:53:21 PM »
text
SALEM
ENTRY #01
8.15.16
BL ENFORCER
Salem had placed herself a few feet away from Giovanni to keep an eye on him. She'd started by shooting him a glance every so often, then slowly progressed until she was glaring at him viciously. Surprisingly, Teddy's fake facade with the casino members no longer bothered her. She knew what he had to do to get by, and respected it on some level. What she didn't understand or like was why he was making such a show of it for his deadbeat father.
VITALS
> overall status: 100%

> physical status: stable.
> physical health: 100%
> physical afflictions: none yet.
> minor injuries: none yet.
> major injuries: none yet.

> mental status: stable.
> current status: stable.
> mental health: 100%
> mental illnesses: None
> mental damage: None
TAGS
━ ━xGENERAL
> Elisa Barone | "Salem"
> Female
> 23
━ ━xAPPEARANCE
>Human
> Dark brown hair that varies in shade, pale, blue green eyes.
> Carries at least 2 cigars at a time, a small handgun, and a small switchblade.
> tall, lanky and a bit awkward physically.
>
━ ━xABILITIES
> N/A
> N/A
━ ━xCONFRONTATION
> medium physically | easy/medium mentally
> non-violent power-play allowed
> no kill | request maim/capture
> ask to attack in bolded, underlined and italicized black
━ ━xRELATIONSHIPS
> Lionel King x Melissa Barone 
> Half brother Rafe
> Half niece Gigi
> Cat Chrisanthymum "Chrissy"
>Bisexual | no crush
>
━ ━xOTHER
> this text + this color = this meaning
I'VE COME TOO FAR TO SEE THE END NOW
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ even if my way is wrong
a small everyone. | beware hidden scrolling

Offline TEDDY.

  • Board Mod
  • Posts: 130
    • View Profile
Re: puppet loosely strung — meeting [ 05/22 ]
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 02:46:08 PM »
❝ Dis it? ❞ Teddy’s gaze scanned over the crowd, eyes narrowing slightly before he straightened up to begin today’s meeting. ❝ Don’t wanna spend too long here. There’s more important things we need’a do today. ❞ The administrator pointed out, shifting from one foot to the next. ❝ Firstly, I wanna welcome Nikolai. For now, he’ll be a prospective until he can prove his loyalty to da group. There are a couple things I need done — which I’ll get onto in a minute — that you’ll be able to do to prove yourself. ❞ Teddy said as he began to refer to Nikolai directly. Of course, all of the tasks were also available for made men to take on in order to prove their unremitting faithfulness to the big three.

❝ Next thing, my nephews celebrated their first birthday! Ya best have celebrated with ‘em, or at least have gotten ‘em a gift. It ain’t too late to do so, by the way. ❞ Matthew and Milo were clearly adored by Teddy, and he would do anything to ensure that they were spoiled by the group that their parents and uncle led. ❝ And speaking of parties, dis one’s important: we’re gonna invite Flintlock Lodge over for a casino night. ❞ He quirked a brow, clearly considering it only for its ulterior motive. ❝ I heard that they’re our biggest competition right now. Got a bar ‘n’ now they’re distilling their own alcohol. Competition ain’t so good for us because we got guests sayin’ they’ll also start frequenting Flintlock because da weather’s nice up there now in the summertime. ❞

This enterprise in The Badlands was not a seasonal venture. They would not survive if guests began to believe as much. For the first time since he began his leadership here in The Badlands, Teddy faced a grave situation that they had to deal with promptly. ❝ Want everyone to make ‘em feel uneasy when they get here. Really show ‘em who they messin' with. They don’t do flavoured vodka like we do! We’ll nip it in da bud, show ‘em that we’re not a group that they should upset. They already butted heads with those hillbilly ranchers in Bluestem Prairie — they don’t wanna have to deal with more issues. We’ll settle it easily, show ‘em what a real bar should look like. ❞

Teddy didn’t like competition, and so he would make sure Flintlock Lodge would take a step back by going down the path of least resistance. A good scare should do the trick. ❝ And here comes the jobs I need doin’; Nikolai, one of these tasks would be enough to prove to me that you are worthy of bein’ here. Firstly, I want a group of y’all to maybe… throw a dash of somethin’ in Flintlock’s distillers. I don’t care what it is, I just want the guests who drink it to get sick ‘n’ blame it on da poor quality of the distilled alcohol. Try not kill anyone though; we don’t want people gettin’ suspicious. ❞

❝ Also, I need someone to deliver a batch of illicit goods to a nearby community in da loner lands. They got a couple’a weapons to trade in return, so bring ‘em back here. Lastly, there’s a guy up north who didn’t hold up his side of the bargain. I need someone to go to his place and knock some sense into him if ya know what I'm sayin'. Ya understand? Good, so who’s willing to step up to do one of those three jobs? ❞
✧・゚: I'VE BEEN IN LIKE A THOUSAND TIMES, DATED EVERY WOMAN IN THE ATMOSPHERE. I'VE BEEN TO EVERY CONTINENT, BROKEN ALL THE HEARTS IN EVERY HEMISPHERE, AND IF I'M NOT THE TYPE OF GUY YOU LIKE TO CIRCUMVENT, JUST REMEMBER NOT TO LOVE ME WHEN I DISAPPEAR. I GRADUATED AT THE TOP, I LIKE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE BOURGEOISIE . . .

Offline Salem

  • Posts: 202
    • View Profile
Re: puppet loosely strung — meeting [ 05/22 ]
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 07:13:26 PM »
text
SALEM
ENTRY #01
8.15.16
BL ENFORCER
Salem felt as though she were back at square one. Without looking up, she said in a perfectly measured voice, "I'll spike the alcohol," before taking out her own flask and chugging from it. She knew exactly what types of herbs and berries could make people sick, and knew just where to find them in the Badlands. She didn't necessarily want to do the task, but she figured doing something was better than moping around her store.
VITALS
> overall status: 100%

> physical status: stable.
> physical health: 100%
> physical afflictions: none yet.
> minor injuries: none yet.
> major injuries: none yet.

> mental status: stable.
> current status: stable.
> mental health: 100%
> mental illnesses: None
> mental damage: None
TAGS
━ ━xGENERAL
> Elisa Barone | "Salem"
> Female
> 23
━ ━xAPPEARANCE
>Human
> Dark brown hair that varies in shade, pale, blue green eyes.
> Carries at least 2 cigars at a time, a small handgun, and a small switchblade.
> tall, lanky and a bit awkward physically.
>
━ ━xABILITIES
> N/A
> N/A
━ ━xCONFRONTATION
> medium physically | easy/medium mentally
> non-violent power-play allowed
> no kill | request maim/capture
> ask to attack in bolded, underlined and italicized black
━ ━xRELATIONSHIPS
> Lionel King x Melissa Barone
> UNBORN CHILD
> Half brother Rafe
> Half niece Gigi
> Cat Chrisanthymum "Chrissy"
>Bisexual | no crush
>
━ ━xOTHER
> this text + this color = this meaning
I'VE COME TOO FAR TO SEE THE END NOW
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ even if my way is wrong
a small everyone. | beware hidden scrolling

Offline NIKOLAI

  • ❪ — ♰ — ❫
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: puppet loosely strung — meeting [ 05/22 ]
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 11:21:05 PM »
Nikolai's first meeting in the Badlands. He is punctual, arriving when there was a call for a gathering in the casino. He lifts his gaze upwards, scanning the entirety of the ceiling and then across the casino as he took in the unfamiliar sights. Nik hadn't really gotten the chance to check the main "hub" out as of yet. It was a nice place... for being abandoned for so long. Teddy must have people scrubbing the floors and dusting the shelves 24/7.

The meeting commences and Nikolai's full attention is on Teddy. He addresses him right off the bat, which admittedly caught him a little off guard, though his expression remains neutral and unchanged throughout. He is a "prospective", someone who isn't fully trusted and needed to prove his worth around here. Nikolai understands the process of being "made", of proving himself to a group. However, Nik isn't just some mooch that rolled in from the mountains looking to crash in a beachside paradise and eat their food. He had come here for a reason, and he held far deeper ties to this group than Teddy realized.

The announcements weren't totally relevant to Nikolai, as he had only just arrived here in the Badlands, though he was now starting to get a sense of which neighboring groups were their enemies. Nik slightly perks up as he's addressed again, offered a choice out of three tasks to prove his loyalty. They all seem doable and straight to the point, though he's particularly interested in one. "Tell me about this guy that needs roughin' up." The young man inquires after Teddy concludes his spiel.
I'M YOUR WOLF , I'M YOUR MAN !
THE BADLANDS / TWENTY-FOUR / TAGS