Author Topic: I STEP DOWN the stairs and trip and fall  (Read 128 times)

Offline Hootowls

• [ she/her ]
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
I STEP DOWN the stairs and trip and fall
« on: March 17, 2020, 01:54:31 PM »
I tried to make humor in the title I hope it works

Heyo potatoes!! Sorry for how sudden this is but ^^" yeah you can probs guess from the title

Long story short my mental health has declined a little too much, to the point where logging on BB and doing normal things has given me anxiety. It’s not the kind of fun environment I used to have with this place, and if anything, it’s a damaging environment for me personally. This is all due to mainly irl and super personal reasons that don’t affect or involve anyone here, but I gotta take care of myself first.

Not only that, but I overall lost interest in BB, and so it’d be super unfair to you guys if I keep being admin with nothing to give. BB deserves a caring, active admin

I’ll still be on BB from time to time, I just won’t be an admin anymore. Love you guys, but all good things (at least. I hope my time here was good?) must come to an end before it turns sour (looking at you, Shrek movies)
☾ in the basement out of sight,
brushing paper tigers black and white ☽

Offline Bryne

• Administrator
    • She/Her
  • A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' second year! Art by Hootowls. A badge for members who were here during Bearbones' first year! Art by Hootowls.
    • View Profile
Re: I STEP DOWN the stairs and trip and fall
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 02:00:13 PM »
I already expressed my admiration for you on discord but ya girl is gonna do it here again: you were an amazing admin, smod, mod and ca, and I've got no doubt you'll be an amazing member too. you made your mark on the team and the site and I'm so proud of you and all that you accomplished

{
We'll pick up all of the pieces We'll turn the pain into peaches I'm not afraid of my demons We'll turn the pain into peaches ....

Offline elysian.

• he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 02:08:12 PM »
you tried to make humor but honestly it just had me thinking this was clickbait
10/10 though

you and i don't really talk much anymore. and i'm sorry about that. more than anything though i get how you feel; anxiety sucks. mental health is more important than anything! hopefully everything irl can be fixed, and more than anything i hope your mental health gets better so you can find happiness!

i appreciated you sm as an admin. most of the bb staff feels distant and far away most days - but you weren't. nobody was a stranger to you; you were always welcoming. you gave non-staff members a voice to feel heard and important. and to be completely honest, sometimes you sticking up for non-staff was the only thing that kept me around bb,, so i have a bit of a soft spot for all you have done for this site ASDF
it'll be sad not having you around as an admin, but i bet you'll be doing amazing things irl. you made this ooc ghost of a member proud ASDF

Offline truce.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 02:48:40 PM »
* watches u fall down the stairs * oh she needs some mELK

ily hootie <333
we've already chatted on discord about you stepping down but you need to know on here too that you have been amazing as a staffer and i just really hope that stepping down will help you focus on yourself rather than others all the time. you know i'm always around to chat about anything if you ever need. if you need to rant, if you need to open up about anything happening in your life, if you even just want to pop up with funny messages like you always do then i'm always hERE okay?!?
HERE I AM. NOT QUITE DYING.

Offline Hootowls

• [ she/her ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 07:21:04 PM »
flips hair what can I say? I’m full of mistakes surprises
destroy my bloodline rn

buT SOBS thanks y’all (insert cute pleasing face emojis here bc they don’t work on BB for me)!! I’ll be real in that I don’t think I’ve had much of an impact personally, but it means a lot to me that y’all think otherwise sobs <3 :,^D I just...idk. I think member opinions are important and, in the end, members are what keep the site going. Without awesome members like y’all this site would’ve died long long ago

If y’all don’t mind I might raid your DMs tonight idk maybe but. well. I’m p sure all y’all have access to my discord but in case anyone doesn’t it’s @★ ????????????????????????????????#9734
BB fucking croaked when I pasted that damn

Anyways I ain’t leaving forever but when I do show up it’s really gonna be like
https://youtu.be/B3vNS3qMibU

edit;; so as you can see BB doesn’t accept my discord tag so. if you guys want me to talk to you ,, let me know if I’m allowed to DM y’all and maybe DM me your own discord tag or smth
☾ in the basement out of sight,
brushing paper tigers black and white ☽

Offline Bryne

• Administrator
    • She/Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 08:55:53 PM »
you can dm me! and you have. absolutely had an impact on the site I will die on this fucking hill

{
We'll pick up all of the pieces We'll turn the pain into peaches I'm not afraid of my demons We'll turn the pain into peaches ....

Offline aj.

• aj - 21 - slytherin
  • discord: aj#3102
    • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 07:55:01 PM »
thank you so much for everything you've done for the site!
will truly miss having you around as much. best of luck to all your future endeavors.

aj
Hoot has claimed this signature as nesting grounds